AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-09-02, 02:33   Link #81
cronnoponno

Ah, I see, that actually sounds like a better explanation fitting of her.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 10:23   Link #82
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtheMilkEater View Post
If memory serves, anything of that sort written in capitals is not meant to be said loudly, but instead signifies that the word was written in katakana originally. In the case of Battler and BATTLER, the distinction is between 戦人 and バトラ respectively.

For Dlanor, the ends of her sentences are written in katakana rather than hiragana, so desu (です) becomes DESU (デス), etc. If I remember correctly, this is meant to imply that her speech is rather robotic or monotone, not that she shouts at the end.
It's not only the vocal level that changes, but it also gets a sort of double meaning. Katakana are usually used to write foreign words that have been incorporated into the Japanese language like Sutorītosutairu (ストリートスタイル) which is the equivalent to the English Streetstyle or Shaukasuten (シャウカステン) which is taken from the German word Schaukasten (but means something totally different as in German it's a display case, in Japan it's the lightened up board on which doctors look at X-rays). 

DESU (デス) is also how you write DEATH in Katakana. Which underlines Dlanors position. This is also used in the scene where she actually goes almost insane and starts shouting DESU/DEATH all over the place.
This is funny because desu (です) is normally a polite way to speak with somebody and is considered rather calm and collected.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 11:10   Link #83
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

She does that with any word she ends her sentences with, not just "desu".

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 03:52   Link #84
Saq78642

Hey if anyone needs a quick link to the PV that isnt on famitsu/doesnt work/whatever I figured I'd get a copy up on megavideo

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=PSNIHVGP

I agree the erika voice is...just off. Zepar/Furfur's were shown before....dlanor sounds too similar to erika...ugh off aso
Saq78642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 03:58   Link #85
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
I'll have to see more of Erika and Dlanor, but...well...I just don't see them sounding like that. I imagined Erika to sound more high-strung and Dlanor to sound much more robotic and artificial...she just sounds moe now.
Old 2011-09-03, 08:00   Link #86
Solachinx
is a myth

Erika - Her voice has a good pitch, but it's a bit too mellow for me. Then again, in the scenes that were shown, Erika isn't really in a high-strung mood. I need to see something like Kinzo's Window scene in order to make a fair judgement.

Dlanor - Too be honest, I expected a deeper voice; one that sounded only slightly higher in pitch than Bernkastel. That being said, this is not a bad voice: I rather like and I can't wait for, again, scenes like Kinzo's Window and The Trial.

Zepar and Furfur - As since OMK/Goldist OST, I don't have any problem with Zepar's voice, as I think it sounds perfectly androginous in how could be a man's or a woman's voice. However, Furfur's voice sounds too much like a woman in my opinion; it's way too high for even a small child. Something around Sakutaro's range, if not Satoshi/Kanon, would be more plausable. But, whatever, it's not a glaring issue I have.

I have to admit, it feels weird to see the good backgrounds and a not-derpy Beatrice I and Kinzo. Can't wait to hear Lion's and Will's voices!
Old 2011-09-03, 10:27   Link #87
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Erika - Her voice has a good pitch, but it's a bit too mellow for me. Then again, in the scenes that were shown, Erika isn't really in a high-strung mood. I need to see something like Kinzo's Window scene in order to make a fair judgement.
Damn straight.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 15:36   Link #88
Oblivion

To be honest, Dlanor's voice seemed a bit too soft, I'm not sure how she'll do during battle scenes like her versus Battler.

Erika's voice is fine, though who's her seiyuu?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 13:40   Link #89
Kylon99

I think I've been unduly influenced by that doujin voice drama project group who did Umineko. They did a very good job of Dlanor, who sounded very cute and monotone. When she wasn't frothing at the mouth trying to kill someone that is; she sounded very cute and crazy when that happened.

I kinda agree about Erika though. I think the problem is not so much that she's too soft or anything. The first few lines are fine, but when she starts bragging about herself, I expected her voice to have a lot more (over)confidence in it. Oh, and I agree, it's probably the same voice actress as the one who played Asakrua Ryoko...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvmbKkmqbSM (from Haruhi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qTZJ6mmKwg (the Chiru PV now on Youtube)

Zepar still gives me nightmares. I know everyone's mentioned before about the voice actress. She appears to be the same one from the fighting game. I know she does young-boy roles before but for some reason the way she does this one just triggers the 'man' image in my mind... ;__; I like the doujin voice drama project Zepar more for that reason.

Then again, it's not like Zepar is guaranteed to be the one with it. After all, Battler did say that 'Furfur' was the one that could 'furu furu' (swing or wave). 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 11:12   Link #90
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

I think the voice inclining you to think that zepar is the trap is a trap, of couse they could have seen me coming and set a trap within the trap, or even a trap within the trap within the trap within the...
Old 2011-09-07, 14:20   Link #91
immblueversion

Check this out, people.

Spoiler for Feast your ears:

Old 2011-09-07, 14:43   Link #92
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Check this out, people.

Spoiler for Feast your ears:
Kawasumi Ayako for Lion seems a bit too feminine to me. But still really good

And Will sounds like a gangster to me rather than a rude detective lol

If only I could hear their voices when Lion is pinching Will's ass...
Yopee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 14:58   Link #93
imbehindyou
turn around...

Hachijou Tooya.. Is that Neya Michiko?

Anyway I like Will, Lion, Tooya's voice samples much, much more than the other four samples released.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 15:33   Link #94
GAtakito

How do you guys know the names of the cast already?

Btw, pretty cool Will

Let's hope, next week, to get Gertrude, Cornelia, Kinzo (young) & Clair
GAtakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 16:14   Link #95
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAtakito View Post
How do you guys know the names of the cast already?
Apparently they're taken from this blog site, which is actually more of a speculation based on ear than an actual confirmation.

Spoiler for Speculative(?) cast:

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-09-07 at 16:28.
Old 2011-09-07, 16:34   Link #96
Cao Ni Ma

WTF, if those are true there are some serious coincidence going on. Lion's voice actress voiced the character Beatrice in Dante's Inferno game. The voice actress for AuAu voiced a character named Maria. The voice actress for Maria in umineko voiced AuAu in Higurashi
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 16:48   Link #97
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
That sounds EXACTLY like Ryukishi, really. He's a sucker for those sorts of relationship jokes.
Old 2011-09-07, 17:05   Link #98
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
WTF, if those are true there are some serious coincidence going on. Lion's voice actress voiced the character Beatrice in Dante's Inferno game. The voice actress for AuAu voiced a character named Maria. The voice actress for Maria in umineko voiced AuAu in Higurashi
I sure hope they're official, because that'd be crazy.

Old 2011-09-07, 17:26   Link #99
Oblivion

Will sounds badass, just like I thought he'd be. But Lion's voice makes it sound like Lion's more female than male doesn't it? It doesn't sound ambiguous at all unlike Zepar's voice.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 18:07   Link #100
Sherringford

The voices sound great but what strikes me as the most bizarre is that the art makes Will's hair look...hell it makes his entire face look like Battler. Or is it just me?
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote