AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-11, 13:46   Link #2201
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Okay, let's get back on the topic of the anime and stop all the whining about people's differing opinions of said show.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 13:51   Link #2202
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Right, I'm sorry about making all that fuss.

As for the show- does anybody have any new information regarding MBS and the last two episodes? I.E. will they be casting the four last episodes in its two last weeks of air?
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 17:28   Link #2203
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Anemone: "Get your boy to fire that cannon and change it to a world with me in it!"

I totally agree Anemone, I'd love for you to get at least some screen time too, at least towards the end since it sadly hasn't happened already unlike Eureka who's already gotten involved.

I like how the image is from Yoshida's website, would love to see Anemone (and Dominic) get in there too towards the end along with Eureka (and Renton) to help out and it would fit nicely if they make that connection with Elena. I could totally see the cannon making that possible (and dream scenario being with an updated Gekko busting out with Eureka bringing everyone as backup for her son). I think they'd need to be back to the wall up against strong numbers to do anything beyond bringing just Eureka/Renton and Anemone/Dominic though and not take away action from Ao, Fleur and Elena.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-09-11 at 19:15.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 18:11   Link #2204
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

The books say "Eureka Ao Script" followed by the episode number, the episode numbers corresponding to the ones where Eureka had spoken lines. Is that correct?

As much as I'd like to see Anemone--actually, never mind. I don't. But her appearance does imply Dominic might appear--Renton makes more sense, what with Eureka being already involved.
Old 2012-09-11, 19:09   Link #2205
DangerMouse

On another topic, the soundtrack for this show continues to be freaking awesome. Koji Nakamura did an incredible job.

I can't wait to hear what he's got in mind for new tracks for the last few eps.
Old 2012-09-13, 14:16   Link #2206
miketyson

Holy cow, drop what you're doing and watch episode 20 at the earliest opportunity. Now *that's* anime!
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:38   Link #2207
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Holy cow, drop what you're doing and watch episode 20 at the earliest opportunity. Now *that's* anime!
Sarcasm?
Old 2012-09-13, 14:45   Link #2208
miketyson

Oh no, I'm never sarcastic this way, at least for me this was on par with the first two episodes. It's setup for the last few episodes but good setup. That said, I think with this episode we've conclusively crossed the point of no return on the "can this end well without a season 2 (or more cours)" axis.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:11   Link #2209
Kurohane

Is that a good thing or a bad thing of crossing the point of no return?
Old 2012-09-13, 15:13   Link #2210
miketyson

Well no season 2 has been announced nor have any extra cours been announced, so for now I'd say it's bad until that changes.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:30   Link #2211
Kurohane

Here's hoping for good news in the future.
Old 2012-09-13, 17:02   Link #2212
bastek66

Look what appeared
Spoiler for TheEnd:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-09-13 at 19:36. Reason: Use thumbnails for large images. Imgur DOES provide them.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 17:39   Link #2213
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Poor thing.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-13, 22:08   Link #2214
Justin_Brett

They seem to enjoy doing stuff that they must know will piss off fans of the original with this one.

I have to question why.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 00:31   Link #2215
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
They seem to enjoy doing stuff that they must know will piss off fans of the original with this one.
Not even that, just take this thing on its own, they teased some thing in Episode 6 only to completely drop it here. Sure is good writing? Oh wait same thing happened to Gekko, they just sank it and forgot about it. Cool moves.
This show has no bloody idea.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 01:31   Link #2216
Yuuu

still can't find the raw.

Honestly, I don't care about TheEND or what happened with the Gekko. I liked the fact that the Gekko even made an appearance, and the fact that Ao wore Renton's jacket from the ray=out cover was a nice easter egg.

I like this show for it's own merit.
Yuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 02:53   Link #2217
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuu View Post
still can't find the raw.

Honestly, I don't care about TheEND or what happened with the Gekko. I liked the fact that the Gekko even made an appearance, and the fact that Ao wore Renton's jacket from the ray=out cover was a nice easter egg.

I like this show for it's own merit.
Agreed I like this show for it's own merit as well, though in addition to seeing the Gekko I'm glad we apparently see TheEND show up for a bit as well after the hints (though I admit I haven't seen the ep yet nor can I find the raw yet so perhaps I'll change my mind in this instance not sure). I'm glad to see these things being worked in just like seeing the Gekko again through Eureka. We even got to see Eureka pilot and fight a bit in the old Nirvash.

Also, as for the Gekko being forgotten, how was it forgotten, they had to sink it but I wouldn't put it past someone (maybe even Gen Bleu) to have secretly salvaged it. They didn't sink it and forget about it, they were forced to sink it which was mentioned and shown visually and at least it wasn't hand-waved "off-screen", plus I guess it would have become a powder keg fought over just like Ao and the Nirvash (just like Eureka as soon as she arrived everyone converged on the Gekko) due to their more advanced technology origins and if it's actually destroyed at the bottom of the sea what's there to show? And if they secretly recovered it it wouldn't show up yet, so again there'd not really be anything to show yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Oh no, I'm never sarcastic this way, at least for me this was on par with the first two episodes.
Can't wait for the subs. Episode 19 was a great.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-09-14 at 04:32.
Old 2012-09-14, 03:29   Link #2218
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
and if it's actually destroyed at the bottom of the sea what's there to show?
Then why show it at all? It played no role in the story. It's fanservice. Writers wrote themselves into a corner with it and for the life of them couldn't figure out how to apply it to the plot so they just wrote it off. Just like TheEnd.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 08:23   Link #2219
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 20

Really disappointed by this week's "big reveal" episode. Once again things feel half-assed and randomly thrown around just to "excite" instead of having proper development and revelations. It seems that Aikawa is more interested in just making people feel confused or surprised rather than telling a good story. The way the story flows is so schizophrenic in this show. Sometimes they're able to actually have good developments and character moments, and yet other times it just feels like typical high concept but shallow TV junk. I would love to have another episode like ep1 or ep13 again.

I'm not really expecting much out of the remaining episodes story-wise, I just hope there's some good mecha action. Even that is suspect, considering the inconsistent production values. It might not even matter, since they're not going to broadcast the final two episodes anytime soon anyway. But at least I don't feel that invested anymore. The wait would be far worse if this actually turning out to be an amazing climax. Lolz.

Meh. :/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:21   Link #2220
Kurohane

All we know for sure is Scub Corals from Eureka's world are being transported to this one. The cause, who, and why are still unkwon. The reason there is such criticism is there are only four episodes left and we still know only so little and vague information about the situation. At first, I was patient cause I though the show would privide more answers to questions at this point,but it hasn't.

We still don't know why or how Eureka came here in the first place. How she meet Elena? How did Miller become a secret and communicate with Elena? What happened five years ago (both Elena being picked up by Generation Blue and Fleur's surgery happened in this year)? Who is Ao's sister? How many times has Eureka come here and where is she now?

I've waited for answers to these questions since episode 14, but it looks like I won't know until the end, and its frustrating. I can't believe we had to wait this long.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen