AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-18, 18:58   Link #401
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Easy, make it about someone making Fudo pay... Though no reincarnated Amata or Mikono, they aren't good enough for a sequel to Evol. Zessica and Kagura along with Jin coming back as a Ghost to be with his loli would sell way better.
Spoiler for Predictions for the probable sequel:
Old 2012-08-19, 00:12   Link #402
koalatea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Predictions for the probable sequel:
Spoiler for Kagura:
Old 2012-08-19, 00:35   Link #403
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'm not sure how much strength this franchise has left, I mean it's (last I checked) selling decently well but at the same time the people who were largely supporting and watching it were fans of the original... and a good number of them (if I go by the reactions I've seen across the webs) weren't all too happy with the piss some parts of EVOL took on Genesis and its characters. It was never that popular on its own though, I don't think. (I'm not going to really touch on terrible writing, characters, and just about everything wrong with this series that in any normal case would NOT lead to a sequel or movie, but the original (and its abysmal sales figures) managed to pull out two movies and a sequel purely on the popularity of its music.) To top it off, there's not really even a plot thread to carry over anymore, so the only things I can see are either: MF retelling (with a hopefully more congruent/different plot) or weird-post end sequel where a giant space flee from nowhere is introduced as an enemy.

If the comedy of biglobe is at all relevant (which it really isn't but someone had a vendetta against this show apparently), it didn't exactly do to well being fifth or some such on the worst show rankings.
Old 2012-08-19, 00:37   Link #404
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalatea View Post
Spoiler for Kagura:
Spoiler for Answer for Kagura's:
Old 2012-08-19, 00:42   Link #405
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Answer for Kagura's:
Spoiler for pop:
Old 2012-08-19, 00:52   Link #406
NoemiChan
Banned

Spoiler for Vena's Assumption:

Ah... thanks.

Spoiler for My Assumption:
Old 2012-08-19, 02:24   Link #407
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I agree with Vena. Everything has pretty much been wrapped up.

And I saw that list too! It blew my mind to see Fate Zero on it.
Old 2012-08-19, 02:37   Link #408
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
It blew my mind to see Fate Zero on it.
Not mine. Its a popular show, it has the ability to polarize people, and people love to hate big shows. Its when the little shows make their way onto these sorts of lists that tend to be more believable because most people aren't going to waste their time just *hating* on a show that no one cared about, so more people are left voting who watched it, cared, but ended up disappointed (or at least in my ideal imagination world where people are good, kind, helpful things). Like I said, someone might have had a real vendetta against EVOL for that poll (but the biglobe polls are a joke, I mean the last cast vote call for EVOL had Mikono placed below non-entity side characters (the male side had like thirty votes for any one character not named Jin or Shrade, while females had hundreds to thousands)).

If nothing else, the exasperation of the *reveal* and then the finale of Team Terrible Parents Blasting Off Again! that coalesced after those two episodes on 2ch was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a while, unfortunately that's (the latter especially) not a good thing because all of the comedy and said bewilderment wasn't intended.
Old 2012-08-19, 03:06   Link #409
Ruddfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Not mine. Its a popular show, it has the ability to polarize people, and people love to hate big shows. Its when the little shows make their way onto these sorts of lists that tend to be more believable because most people aren't going to waste their time just *hating* on a show that no one cared about, so more people are left voting who watched it, cared, but ended up disappointed (or at least in my ideal imagination world where people are good, kind, helpful things). Like I said, someone might have had a real vendetta against EVOL for that poll (but the biglobe polls are a joke, I mean the last cast vote call for EVOL had Mikono placed below non-entity side characters (the male side had like thirty votes for any one character not named Jin or Shrade, while females had hundreds to thousands)).

If nothing else, the exasperation of the *reveal* and then the finale of Team Terrible Parents Blasting Off Again! that coalesced after those two episodes on 2ch was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a while, unfortunately that's (the latter especially) not a good thing because all of the comedy and said bewilderment wasn't intended.
If there's one thing that's been consistent in EVOL, it's Mikono's unpopularity. I think she made some list for "Most Unforgivable Characters in Anime" when it was still the first half of EVOL. So that's something I'm not surprised at.

A bunch of the 2ch reaction to Amata and Mikono's "Apollo and Silvia moment" was pretty subdued as well. I think the general consensus was "Ugh, finally" or "I felt nothing". Although there was some weird buzz around Kagura and Zessica. Even the director Yamamoto said that Kagura was greatly impressed by Zessica (disregarding the fact that the past 25 episodes Kagura didn't care about any other shit; why he should care about some girl now makes no sense - much like the entire Aquarion series) and that he'd like to see some romantic developments between them (even though it came out of nowhere again... was it really that hard to have some competency in the staff?)
Old 2012-08-19, 03:55   Link #410
angel8

Hi all! today was projected the directo's cut!
You know how you finished aquarion evol?
Old 2012-08-19, 05:41   Link #411
bastek66

Why are you expecting third series? OVA/Movie is more realistic at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddfect View Post
If there's one thing that's been consistent in EVOL, it's Mikono's unpopularity. I think she made some list for "Most Unforgivable Characters in Anime" when it was still the first half of EVOL. So that's something I'm not surprised at.
Biglobe shitpolls are shit.
Old 2012-08-19, 12:56   Link #412
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

An OVA would be the better choice. I don't see any reason to do one though. Amata and Mikono got their happy ending. Maybe if they did an OVA they could focus on other characters (Andy, Mix, Yunoha, Zessica, Kagura, Cayenne, etc.) and show what they're up to after the finale?
Old 2012-08-19, 13:19   Link #413
genjo sanzo

So, what did they broadcast? Have we got any report from Japan?
Check out #aqevol account on Twitter, many comments on the way, I'm trying to figure out something but I don't understand Japanese.
Old 2012-08-19, 15:01   Link #414
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I don't know. I guess maybe the director's cut?
Old 2012-12-27, 10:33   Link #415
Kakkou
Tch.

So I watched the director's cut, which was pretty much extended battle scenes and extra character interactions. Sound like a good chance to attempt fleshing out the whole Amata/Mikono/Kagura/Zessica/Mykage/Apollonius thing? Nope, none of that. Dunno if anyone's posted a comparison already because the last thing I'd like is to read the backlog of this thread.

Spoiler for Director's cut vs TV version:

Oh and Asarii and the other mob characters didn't get any new scenes either. (´・ω・`) Still waiting for my spinoff manga, Kawamori!!

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-12-28 at 02:51. Reason: Fixed minor details.
Old 2012-12-27, 10:48   Link #416
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Thanks to the comparison. Seems like the director's cut is worth to watch.
Is there any extended scene for the final scene where they rebuild the base?

And if it's not bother you, can you screen capt LOVE with its correct color scheme? ^^
Old 2012-12-27, 10:53   Link #417
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Thanks to the comparison. Seems like the director's cut is worth to watch.
Is there any extended scene for the final scene where they rebuild the base?

And if it's not bother you, can you screen capt LOVE with its correct color scheme? ^^
As mentioned all the new scenes were during the battle with Mykage. The epilogue was the same.

I've already put my volume away and it's pretty late here, so I'll cap it sometime tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-27, 10:55   Link #418
kuromitsu

Oh man. Oh man. xD;; Well, it's not like I actually expected anything substantial, which is why I haven't watched the director's cut so far, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
.....oookay.

Quote:
That's bound to get very awkward in the future... Or not, I mean, hey, plushies are a kink as good as any...

Quote:
Finally a good decision!

I guess I'm just glad they didn't tamper with the Aquarion LOVE sequence in any other way. That was so glorious I would've hated to see it changed to the worse.
Old 2012-12-27, 11:07   Link #419
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That's bound to get very awkward in the future... Or not, I mean, hey, plushies are a kink as good as any...
Well she's had lots and lots of practice even before then. Only difference now is that it's no longer imaginary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I guess I'm just glad they didn't tamper with the Aquarion LOVE sequence in any other way. That was so glorious I would've hated to see it changed to the worse.
You could even say they made it cheesier a bit better by having more people take part in saying Amata's name. But I do think playing Zero before that lessened the impact a little.
Old 2012-12-28, 12:02   Link #420
Kakkou
Tch.

Sorry for the double post but as promised, here are screens of Aquarion LOVE's corrected paint job:
Spoiler for LOVE:

Bonus screens of the DC:
Spoiler for Andy & MIX gattai, kinda NSFW?:

Spoiler for Crea gattai. Sorta NSFW?:

Spoiler for "My BFF was a cockpit ghost" by Cayenne:

Spoiler for "My boyfriend is my plush toy" by Yunoha:

Apologies for the censors. I didn't want to risk my imgur account.
Closed Thread