AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-24, 17:25   Link #1201
shadow1296

no its not just you they are incredibly easy, especially with the knew experience share so you can have a decent team by the time you reach them
Old 2013-10-24, 17:36   Link #1202
JohnNiles

I was also lower leveled than the E4 due to not using Exp Share. I've played every generation of Pokemon and I think I died more times on this E4 than any other. There was always one poke who would sweep my team if I didn't kill it immediately with a specific counter-pokemon.

I didn't use healing items in battle- that probably contributed to all the deaths.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 02:24   Link #1203
Marina2

I'm considering which version should I buy between X and Y.

I see around internet that many people chose X over Y. Why is that?

P.S. I haven't played Pokemon for a long time sicne Pokemon Gold and pokemon Ruby...Somehow X and Y made me want to return to Pokemon.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-10-25 at 02:43.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 04:21   Link #1204
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Anybody else feel the Elite Four this time around was incredibly easy? I managed to defeat them and the champion on my first run without any deaths and with a team of pokemon all of whom had levels lower than the opponent's pokemon.

I had so much more trouble in previous games, but these guys seemed like pushovers. Just me?
I agree I mean granted I did use exp share the first time but literally I could've swept each e4 member with 1 poke the iron guy gets smashed by my Delphox Blastoise crushes the fire chick water guy gets smashed by gogoat or any solid grass type. dragon girl was easy as well. the champion wasn't a challenge and the biggest nusance with her is mega gardy but a good poison attack rips her to shreds.

Btw this may seem silly but if your raising dragon types beware that only Haxorus gets outrage now. Sally Hydreigon and Dragonite all lose it and since theres no tutor to teach outrage your out of luck.

Fair warning with mega gengar though remember after you mega evolve him he is no longer immune to earthquake so watch out for that. I'm questioning how good he is because of that fact.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 04:46   Link #1205
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I'm considering which version should I buy between X and Y.

I see around internet that many people chose X over Y. Why is that?

P.S. I haven't played Pokemon for a long time sicne Pokemon Gold and pokemon Ruby...Somehow X and Y made me want to return to Pokemon.
Main reason is different mega evolution, with the main one being that Charizard X is dragon/fire and Charizard Y fire/flying. The mega stones can be traded though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Btw this may seem silly but if your raising dragon types beware that only Haxorus gets outrage now. Sally Hydreigon and Dragonite all lose it and since theres no tutor to teach outrage your out of luck.
On Serebii Dragonite still learns outrage at lv67 in gen6, though I haven't raised a Dragonite myself yet.

When my Charmeleon just evolved into Charizard, I went to the move tutor to teach it Air Slash, and I found out that it can also (re)learn Flare Blitz at 36. Normally he'd learn Flare Blitz very late.
Old 2013-10-25, 06:30   Link #1206
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Main reason is different mega evolution, with the main one being that Charizard X is dragon/fire and Charizard Y fire/flying. The mega stones can be traded though.

On Serebii Dragonite still learns outrage at lv67 in gen6, though I haven't raised a Dragonite myself yet.

When my Charmeleon just evolved into Charizard, I went to the move tutor to teach it Air Slash, and I found out that it can also (re)learn Flare Blitz at 36. Normally he'd learn Flare Blitz very late.
Its funny it feels like at first they got a lot of pre-orders for Y because of the legendary and in order to increase the sales for X they added Mewtwo X and Mega charizard X to the games very late on too balance out the sales and the stones being what they are also motivated more people to buy X
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 09:19   Link #1207
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Its funny it feels like at first they got a lot of pre-orders for Y because of the legendary and in order to increase the sales for X they added Mewtwo X and Mega charizard X to the games very late on too balance out the sales and the stones being what they are also motivated more people to buy X
Really? I wanted X from the very beginning because I like Xerneas waaay more than Ylv-something-something. And I'm not too interested in mega evolutions (though if I had to decide I'd probably choose Mega Charizard X ).
I kinda don't get why people prefer Y legendary. But that's just me thinking that Xerneas looks better than that flying thing
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 10:14   Link #1208
GDB

I went with X because Xerneas is one of the only worthwhile fairies. And dark/flying is kind of a worthless typing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 10:17   Link #1209
shadow1296

well there's also the version exclusive pokemon in there as well x got most of the better pics like having mightyena over liepard and houndour over electrike
Old 2013-10-25, 10:24   Link #1210
Reality_Breaker

I'm thinking of getting X only because it has most of the pokemon that i'm interested in, but my favorite of the two legendaries is Yveltall his Dark/Flying typing is great against fairies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
well there's also the version exclusive pokemon in there as well x got most of the better pics like having mightyena over liepard and houndour over electrike
Yeah, Y seems to have gotten the shaft when it came to dividing up the pokemon.
Old 2013-10-25, 10:27   Link #1211
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
I'm thinking of getting X only because it has most of the pokemon that i'm interested in, but my favorite of the two legendaries is Yveltall his Dark/Flying typing is great against fairies.
no its not dark types are weak against fairies its the main reason i can mow down team flare with just my gardevior
Old 2013-10-25, 10:42   Link #1212
GDB

Quote:
no its not dark types are weak against fairies its the main reason i can mow down team flare with just my gardevior
You mean it's not because all of their Pokemon are absolute shit (at least in terms of HP/Def/SpDef/Speed) other than Swalot, who can't do anything to ghosts and can't take a hit from psychics or grounds?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 10:56   Link #1213
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You mean it's not because all of their Pokemon are absolute shit (at least in terms of HP/Def/SpDef/Speed) other than Swalot, who can't do anything to ghosts and can't take a hit from psychics or grounds?
hey i'm not saying that flares pokemon are some great force, and i could have beaten them with any of my pokemon, i'm just saying with my gardevior team flare went from stupidly easy to embarrassingly easy and that's including the scientists and lysandre
Old 2013-10-25, 11:11   Link #1214
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Then I must have read it wrong, my bad. Still prefer Yveltall.
Old 2013-10-25, 11:38   Link #1215
Shadow5YA

Technically it doesn't matter what version you get. The game encourages you to make as many friends as possible for Friend Safari Pokémon anyway, and several Pokémon like Mega Houndoom have the Pokémon and its Mega stone split between the two games so you are encouraged to trade anyway.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 12:03   Link #1216
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Then you have Pokemon Bank that should be up in a couple months then you can just move them over.
Old 2013-10-25, 12:52   Link #1217
Awrya
U mad?

The safari zones are in the order in which you entered the friend codes, but I wish you could sort them by type.
Question about hidden abilities, when you and your friend are both online, do you need to connect to the internet in X/Y with PSS as well to unlock them?
Old 2013-10-25, 13:23   Link #1218
Who

Quote:
The safari zones are in the order in which you entered the friend codes, but I wish you could sort them by type.
Question about hidden abilities, when you and your friend are both online, do you need to connect to the internet in X/Y with PSS as well to unlock them?
Long answer short: yes. Both of you need to be online. Otherwise, the safari will only yield regular abilities.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 18:47   Link #1219
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I just found that out.

Considering that the only hard counters to dragon-types are steel, ice and fairy, if you throw fire into the mix you've got one hell of a multi-purpose special-sweeper, though I suppose a powerful ground/rock type could still ruin your day. Almost as good as a ghost/dark-type or similar type combos.

No type combination can do everything, but that's obviously what this game is all about.
Old 2013-10-25, 21:03   Link #1220
Marina2

Ok, I have bought Pokemon X.

This is my FC
4656-7099-7563

Can somene check what I have in my Safari?

Question: Does my friend have to add me as well to make his safari appear?

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg