AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-29, 23:39   Link #521
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And you really shouldn't fight with touma in melee. Where he can pound you to the ground.
At least his opponents should be glad enough he's not a kung fu master and can exploit his Imagine Breaker to suit his moves and score a hit without having to endure and shield them first, instead he can dodge and score a hit and then just use the Imagine Breaker to deny any countermeasures against his attacks.

Okay, seriously, I'm joking.

But I think we should be glad as well that didn't happen, else it'll be obvious that Touma is actually overpowered

EDIT: Since this also applies to the anime, anyone notices that back in the Academy City arcs, every single magician/esper he helped out (so far I have seen Index, Stiyl, Mikoto... I am not sure about any existing others though) would end up visiting him in hospital, and I suppose the same goes to Kaori. Anyone detects this particular pattern of events happening especially early on into the series?

I feel like we're actually watching the progress of an RPG game with separate missions for certain characters

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-07-30 at 01:00.
Old 2009-07-30, 01:38   Link #522
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

since my copy of vol 18 will still take a month or two, I guess we have to depend on somebody who has read the novel like Ken_FF to shed the light on what happen to Kaori, Itsuwa, and even Index.
Old 2009-07-30, 06:25   Link #523
tsunade666

Its not your ordinary RPG games. Did you hear the miko girl ( Forgot her name. Her existence itself is hard to remember. Its just she a miko and I like miko )

That he just opens a flag and go with it. FLAG! FLAG! Touma just trigger another flag.

And I'm sooooo happy that Touma isn't a kung fu master. His really will be overpowered. Its powerful enough for him not dying. An immortal freak + imagine breaker. Its enough for that. And I'm also glad he uses his brains in the middle of the fight and try to make a strategy on beating his opponents. Its kinda lame for me if you just go punch and kick until you win.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:04   Link #524
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And I'm also glad he uses his brains in the middle of the fight and try to make a strategy on beating his opponents. Its kinda lame for me if you just go punch and kick until you win.

Yeah. Thats the reason cause I enjoy this series, I want to know more about Imagine Breaker since his fight against Terra.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:46   Link #525
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Touma being overpowered... well, it's almost a requirement by this point, based on what I'm hearing about his opponents that are involved with thr Royal Family and the RCC. When I first read the description of the latest volumes and enemies, I thought to myself, "Holy shit! Does touma even stand a chance against these guys?"

which is why we need to see just what exactly Imagine Breaker is, and if it can get a (very slight) upgrade

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-07-30, 15:38   Link #526
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Touma being overpowered... well, it's almost a requirement by this point, based on what I'm hearing about his opponents that are involved with thr Royal Family and the RCC. When I first read the description of the latest volumes and enemies, I thought to myself, "Holy shit! Does touma even stand a chance against these guys?"

which is why we need to see just what exactly Imagine Breaker is, and if it can get a (very slight) upgrade
I'd like to imagine Touma with that lol.

Of course the crazy bullet-speed movements of the stereotypical anime martial artist must be nerfed down a bit so that it matches Touma's human movements, nothing too extraordinary (like dodging the Railgun instead of blocking it, that's insanely out of the story). Sure he will still be able to fight and use the Imagine Breaker as well, but in my opinion if he does have a good martial arts mastery = damage +1 (or rate this as much as you like - but I won't give it an ZOMGOVER9000), know how to reduce total damage endured before he goes and score a hit on the enemy (with his bare fists), and also - importantly, break a few bricks (yeah, as how martial arts tournaments always have this in their demonstration sessions) with his non-Imagine Breaker hand, as well.

Old 2009-07-30, 22:23   Link #527
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I'd like to imagine Touma with that lol.

Of course the crazy bullet-speed movements of the stereotypical anime martial artist must be nerfed down a bit so that it matches Touma's human movements, nothing too extraordinary (like dodging the Railgun instead of blocking it, that's insanely out of the story). Sure he will still be able to fight and use the Imagine Breaker as well, but in my opinion if he does have a good martial arts mastery = damage +1 (or rate this as much as you like - but I won't give it an ZOMGOVER9000), know how to reduce total damage endured before he goes and score a hit on the enemy (with his bare fists), and also - importantly, break a few bricks (yeah, as how martial arts tournaments always have this in their demonstration sessions) with his non-Imagine Breaker hand, as well.

Touma will be more incredible if his left hand get something to make more awesome in the battles combined with a strategy.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:50   Link #528
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have an idea for a power for his left hand. What the power will do is that it'll absorb the energy from an attack and send it back against the attack, "canceling" it out.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:46   Link #529
higoku1

Is novel 18 out yet? the official website made mention of it yet. But apparently some images from the novel were leaked to the web. Can anyone please elaborate?
Old 2009-07-31, 07:30   Link #530
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I have an idea for a power for his left hand. What the power will do is that it'll absorb the energy from an attack and send it back against the attack, "canceling" it out.
I like it. But it sounds almost like Accelerator's powers.
Old 2009-07-31, 13:09   Link #531
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

I just hope Touma won't ever have to face an enemy that is physically strong (to an insane amount), because that's where his Imagine Breaker will be useless.

Old 2009-08-01, 02:22   Link #532
BlueDo

There will always be people that Touma can't defeat...
Aqua, Kanzaki, and even Tsuchimikado.

This isn't a shounen:get-stronger-to-beat-your-opponent thing.
Old 2009-08-01, 06:54   Link #533
tsunade666

His pretty weak to begin with. Imagine when his first battle well not actually a battle but rather against demon lord level john pen activate index. He ended up in hospital. Then against the alchemist in the 2nd volume.... his still in the hospital but his endurance increase... I think + mental will ( too endure his arm getting cut off ) And then against the sadist accelerator where his body is turn bits by bits.... OH HELL ( he ended in the hospital. Next against tsuchimikado where he got beaten up then ended with the hospital again. But he did manage some stamina with all the running and all. And then volume 5 starts. He did improve here. His not in the hospital after getting attack by a mage and actually winning with used of surrounding ( I really like touma's way of fighting ) Then against the golem user in volume six. Even after a battle against a golem his still not in hospital ( shows a lot of improvement here. AGAINST A GOLEM ) He becomes mentally strong and physically strong too. But still can be considered human like. Not super but strong.

Every battle he then takes on makes him a lot stronger so I don't think he really is in disadvantage though if you ask me. If a god vs a human or a demon vs a human is one sided. Well in his right hand he has the GOD SLAYER punch.

I'm really in favor of the underdog type of character. I wish he never change though if you ask me. I wish his other hand will have a imagine breaker too.

a one-two from a god slayer and your down.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:10   Link #534
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Every battle he then takes on makes him a lot stronger so I don't think he really is in disadvantage though if you ask me. If a god vs a human or a demon vs a human is one sided. Well in his right hand he has the GOD SLAYER punch.

I'm really in favor of the underdog type of character. I wish he never change though if you ask me. I wish his other hand will have a imagine breaker too.

a one-two from a god slayer and your down.
Mind you, all you need is one good parry and a bladed weapon to nix this so called God-Slayer and -1 appendage for Touma. He's resourceful and it wouldn't be a mistake to at least learn a bit of self-defense above just street fighting. His greatest weakness is if he and his Imagine Breaker gains too much notoriety. So yeah, I think he needs just a little more than what he's got. Utilizing his more powerful allies would be the next thing.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:08   Link #535
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
In the series an angel was shown but Kaori didn't allowed fight against him/her
I wonder if demons exists in the Index world and they have some connection to Touma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Mind you, all you need is one good parry and a bladed weapon to nix this so called God-Slayer and -1 appendage for Touma. He's resourceful and it wouldn't be a mistake to at least learn a bit of self-defense above just street fighting. His greatest weakness is if he and his Imagine Breaker gains too much notoriety. So yeah, I think he needs just a little more than what he's got. Utilizing his more powerful allies would be the next thing.
In the last arc from the anime, Sherry Cromwell recognized Touma as the Imagine Breaker, thats a big problem if Romanic Catholic Church knows about it
Old 2009-08-03, 08:39   Link #536
tsunade666

The red haired guy ( forgot his name ) Compare index to a demon lord level ( I think though not sure ) If she utilize the books inside her head. Though She can't use magic but I find it confusing. The one that can't use magic are the one who has esper abilities right? and index did use magic in john pen's mode. Then why can't she use magic?

As for bladed weapons. As long its a magical weapon it will shattered in front of imagine breaker. Though I don't know about touma's hand.( If it will shattered too with bleeding )

As for the current release in the novel. Touma's isn't fighting alone anymore. He has comrades with him. Though the most intriguing to me is aqua. I though his an enemy but he team up with touma in the last volume.
Old 2009-08-03, 08:54   Link #537
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Aqua is too badass to not become a protagonist <_<
Old 2009-08-03, 11:18   Link #538
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What happens if Toma have powers like Alex Mercer from Prototype?

Overkill! No, make that EXTREME SUPER OVERKILL!!!

He'll be so powerful that no one in the series can beat him.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:49   Link #539
Miraluka
Banned

I thought that Touma needs a power or ability that his right hand can't block.

About the novels a friend told me that the queen Elizard named our unlucky guy: Sir Touma Kamijou Is that true?
Old 2009-08-04, 02:33   Link #540
tsunade666

Who is Alex Mercer from Prototype?

And if its true that the queen called touma Sir Kamijou Touma..... it doesn't suits him a bit.

And as a though maybe the imagine breaker real use doesn't only cancel or erase super natural occurrence. Maybe if it levels up it can also erase normal things or rather if it levels up more it will just erase everything. The ultimate denier. Denying the existence of everything. And erasing all it includes the user. From emotions and memories leaving only a empty doll of destruction that destroys anything.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen