Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-14, 15:26   Link #21
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So I see Vampires share the same Japanese belief of equating eating with procreation...and this is probably the most I have ever seen the world "copulating" used in an anime .
Which fits, because a lot of the classic vampire fiction pretty much used bloodsucking as a metaphor for sex because they couldn't write about sex back in the day. Loads of repressed Victorians and all that.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 15:47   Link #22
grecefar

I really like nazuna, she is a lot of fun.

I don't know about MC, it feels like he is getting clingy of her.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 20:54   Link #23
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

Despite all the lewd jokes, it still feels so pure. Animation once again was pleasing to the eyes. Pace so slow and relaxing that the 20 mins watching it felt like an hour had passed. Certainly a show best enjoyed at night.
The camera knows what to emphasize with Nazuna .
Old 2022-07-15, 08:14   Link #24
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 10:34.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 17:06   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Picked it up today. This is by the author of Dagashi Kashi, isn't it? Nazuna feels like a fusion of Hotaru and Saya.

The show has a really nice atmosphere. Made me want to go for a stroll at night, but I'm more likely to get stabbed than meet a cute vampire.
Old 2022-07-16, 06:07   Link #26
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I really like nazuna, she is a lot of fun.

I don't know about MC, it feels like he is getting clingy of her.
I really like the both of them. The atmosphere, the art, and the music make this an oddly healing anime.

They both already seem to have some level of codependence. Ko is searching for her every night to give his life meaning, but the reason he struggles to find her is because Nazuna is also moving around looking for him.

She comes off as very detached, like she hasn't been engaged with anything but helping lost souls and then feeding off them for the past 30 years. The impression I get is that she hasn't been this interested in someone in a very long time. Hence all the blushing and embarrassment.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 08:16   Link #27
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Episode 2's insert song slaps HARD.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 08:18   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Episode 2's insert song slaps HARD.
The way this series uses Creepy Nuts is very reminiscent of how FLCL used The Pillows. And the reason is the same, the creators loved the band.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 09:13   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The way this series uses Creepy Nuts is very reminiscent of how FLCL used The Pillows. And the reason is the same, the creators loved the band.
I've seen a lot of people compare this to FLCL...
Old 2022-07-16, 09:31   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I've seen a lot of people compare this to FLCL...
I was much more in the camp of Dagashi Kashi (obviously) and - very strongly - Nazo no Kanojo X. But this ep had a sort of FLCL feel to it.
Old 2022-07-16, 10:25   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I didn't think they'd get Creepy Nuts to do the entire soundtrack for the anime though
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 11:51   Link #32
Fimbulvetr

I was wondering why I had to suffer through all that rap during the flight scenes (OP & ED can just be skipped anyway).
So the author is a fan, and even the title of the manga was a song name of that band. That explains it. Too bad, the rest of this series is really charming.
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 13:18   Link #33
Frontier

Ko getting all existential on us about the nature of a friend and when you know if someone is actually a friend. Ko really is kind of a melancholic thinker .

So Akira is the early bird childhood friend Ko never really realized he had since she'd been spending time with him when they were kids, got his transceiver (thinking he meant it for her), but then they drifted away from each other in high school...all the while Akira thought they were friends and Ko only just realized she thought of him that way. Of course, the feelings seem to run deeper than that .

Nazuna really enjoys playing the part of a mistress lover who thinks her man is only after her body, although even she pricks up when she realizes there's another woman in this situation .

So does Akira have feelings for Ko? He seemed to get the sense of it when she wanted to spend so much time with him and enjoy his company, but is that? Especially when she acts fairly hostile to Nazuna, vampire or no vampire. Although it's hard to compete with some blatant blood-sucking at night .

Nazuna really does have the mind of an old man, talking about "hanky panky," guzzling down beer, and the like...although when it comes to romance she's a blushing mess .

This show sure knows how to effectively use Creepy Nuts songs to accentuate montages .

Nazuna and Ko had their first fight! It goes to show that Nazuna cares more than she lets on if she was ticked off enough that Ko didn't immediately turn down Akira's offer to go back into the light, as it were, by going back to school since it means he didn't immediately choose her. Only he did, because he seems firmly committed to giving up school and becoming a vampire with Nazuna, he just didn't know how to properly turn Akira down. You have to admire that determination and how much thought he puts into it .

Some blood on Ko's lip is the perfect excuse for Nazuna to plant one on him and kiss him...which is totally just something friends do and not at all romantic, at least that's what Nazuna will tell him .
Old 2022-07-21, 16:03   Link #34
Huh...?

Quote:
So does Akira have feelings for Ko? He seemed to get the sense of it when she wanted to spend so much time with him and enjoy his company, but is that? Especially when she acts fairly hostile to Nazuna, vampire or no vampire. Although it's hard to compete with some blatant blood-sucking at night .
Seems like there is more to Akira than it seems to be, considering how she reacted to Nazuna's question on why she didn't try to contact Ko for so long.

Also, she meets Ko after so long, and the thing she requests Ko to do is go back to school, because even though she herself doesn't likes school, she is going because it is the societal need, and wants him to go with her.
Feels more like, she wants him to go with her as a support, because she can't even trust her own school friends (so targeting someone who is similar to her)

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 16:31   Link #35
ryllharu

The voice cast is killing it here.

Nazuna's tantrum being perfectly understandable even if you don't know a word of Japanese.

The pain and longing barely hidden behind almost every one of Akira's lines.

That noise when Ko tripped and landed on his chin.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 16:52   Link #36
grecefar

A vampire friend at night and a human friend at dawn, nice setting.

So does Ko has parents?, I mean it's so easy for him to skip school and nobody ask anything no even teachers going to see him or something?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 17:45   Link #37
Shadow5YA

Quote:
So does Ko has parents?, I mean it's so easy for him to skip school and nobody ask anything no even teachers going to see him or something?
That's something you'll have to read the manga to find out, since it's spoilers that's so far off I doubt the anime will get to it.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 17:55   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given how much Nazuna emphasized that drinking blood is like having sex to her, doing it right in front of the girl threatening to take her man is quite the Alpha move.

Very interested in Akira. She didn't only say she hates school, she hates being at home too. Which explains why she leaves at 4 in the morning.

Quote:
It happens all the time, teachers don't care. Well, some do but they're a minority. And they will eventually stop caring as well. Parents eventually give up as well.
Old 2022-07-21, 22:27   Link #39
Frontier

I think they've pretty heavily implied Ko's parents couldn't care less about him.
Old 2022-07-22, 08:26   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I think they've pretty heavily implied Ko's parents couldn't care less about him.
They're at least enough of a presence that he feels he needs to sneak out of the house at night rather than just stroll out the door.