Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-09-26, 14:08   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The production stop hasn't been announced by anyone else. I have no idea where AN is getting that. AoD and ANN both seem to say it's future is unknown.
It has been announce by Rightstuf on the front page of thier website assuring buyers they havbe sufficent stock of any release up to 11/13 but people should order asap if they plan to order anything.
Old 2007-09-26, 15:05   Link #22
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

well, i ain't sure what all i want that is on the Geneon label but I hope whatever they have will be released under a different company (ADV, Funimation, Bandai, etc.) I don't have much money due to lack of hours at work, so I may not be able to get anything I want from them in time. I don't like the idea but if there is something I wanna see bad enough that I can't get cause of this, I may have to download a torrent.
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 15:38   Link #23
hideFan

Ahh depression... how you love to revisit me >.>
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 15:51   Link #24
sothis

this is pretty much terrible. though ADV (imo) puts out the highest quality product (quality meaning awesome thinpaks, sturdy boxes, no crappy digipaks/bricks anymore, etc), geneon licensed almost EVERYTHING that i love. i really, really hope other companies pick up the licenses for tons of good shows in the future.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 15:56   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Genon hasn't said they are closing thier doors yet. And hopfully they are not. Genon is one of ther companies i really didn't think would be in financial trouble. If Genon is in financial trouble i hate to see how some of the smaller companies are doing.
Old 2007-09-26, 16:10   Link #26
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Genon hasn't said they are closing thier doors yet. And hopfully they are not. Genon is one of ther companies i really didn't think would be in financial trouble. If Genon is in financial trouble i hate to see how some of the smaller companies are doing.
If you read what the Geneon reps have been posting, this isn't actually about being in financial trouble. This is about the parent company not happy with how things were going even though they were meeting targets for most things.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 16:38   Link #27
Echoes

That's indeed unfortunate, I too was looking forward to Zero no Tsukaima and Higurashi among others.
Hopefully something will work out, but this is a sudden punch below the belt. *Goes off to be depressed*
Old 2007-09-26, 16:41   Link #28
Green²
It's bacon!

Of course this has everybody wondering on what will become of the current titles that are under production, and if the works will be managed by someone else or not. That leaving a lot of uncertainty for the buyer. Nobody really wants to invest in what may be only to be a half-produced series. This will hurt their latest title sales big time, if they don't clearly put out some kind of info as to what will become of them.

Or maybe it's just as plain as that, and things are really worse than they seem.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 18:09   Link #29
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
How could they do this to us? They've liscenced easily half the anime I've watched!
huh? You make it sound like they set out to hurt you or stop you watching anime. They haven't done anything to us. If we're honest the question should probably be the other way around. It would be an odd company that wants have to wind down its operations; more likely they have been forced into the position. The question should probably be: what have we (i.e. anime watchers) done to them... or what have we not done for them that has contributed the the infeasibility of their operation. Note that is a rhetorical question that does not imply there is anything we could have done... I'm just pointing out you shouldn't feel slighted by them, at least not without more facts about why their distro operations had to stop.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 18:24   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Crap... I forgot about Nanoha ..... <grrrrrrrrrrr>

Did Karin ever get started even? (I assume you mean the "embarrassing" bloodgiving vampire?)

It is a bit odd that the announcement lacks any explanatory data at all.
Old 2007-09-26, 18:27   Link #31
guess

Just my luck. I just got a raise and was thinking I can finally stock up my DVD. Uggh! My Nanoha and Higurashi DVDs are probably going to be a never-seen (never-existed?). I will try to get star operators and see what else I want. Uggghhhh!
Old 2007-09-26, 18:42   Link #32
hideFan

I figure they will either:
A. Finish their on-going projects and hand the rest over to another company to deal with dubbing and distro.
or
B. Make a contract with another company to handle their shows based on a set of standards they set (Like Kodakawa).

In either case, lets hope that its not Media Blasters that they entrust with their shows or else we may get half-assed sub only releases... XD! (that was slightly sarcastic to those of you who didnt realize.)
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 18:50   Link #33
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Did Karin ever get started even? (I assume you mean the "embarrassing" bloodgiving vampire?)
Yeah it did. I saw it at Best Buy a month or 2 ago.
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 19:19   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I might get my Karin volume 4 (street date 11/13/07) since they usually pop out early.... (just ordered 1-3, and pre-ordered 4).

Wait.... this is an ANN announcement? ... ... ... ... Tags it with label "SUSPECT" til otherwise verified. In other words all we really have is a large mound of uncertainty about what that means in regard to series currently in production.
Old 2007-09-26, 19:23   Link #35
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This is the first time in 9 years of leeching that I feel pi$$ed that I may have contributed to this...Of all the anime DVD's I own you'll see the Geneon label more than 60%...If leeching is a component of Geneon getting the axe, I'm finally gonna have an epiphany T_T...Because they're simply the best...
Old 2007-09-26, 19:24   Link #36
mdauben

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Crap... I forgot about Nanoha ..... <grrrrrrrrrrr>

Yeah, the first few disks of Karin have been released, but it does not look like it will all be out by the cut-off date in the announcement from Geneon. Likewise Higurashi and Rozen Maiden (to name the other two Geneon titles on my pre-order list).

And then there is Nanoha....
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 19:26   Link #37
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

This royally bites the big one! I have boxes for Karin, Rozen Maiden, and Higurashi. I have DVD-1 for Sainkoku. I buy R1 for every fansub I watch and then some. I buy special editions whenever possible. I'll gladly buy a DVD with overpriced shwag.

I've already watched the shows. I already know the story. I've already seen the end. I want to support the industry. I gladly re-watch every single episode with the R1 sub. I have up to two months worth of active pre-orders on my Amazon account.

I truly hope they simply re-organize their sales, marketing, and accounting practices and get back on the job so I can start throwing money at them again. All these partially filled boxes on my bookshelf are guaranteed sales for them. In fact, most of it is already pre-ordered. They just have to make the disks.
CandyVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 19:43   Link #38
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
I would like it if the A-S staff would treat Geneon's titles as if they were unlicensed until they are licensed to an anime company actually capable of...you know, selling anime, but I guess that would be too much to ask.
Supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 19:46   Link #39
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
I would like it if the A-S staff would treat Geneon's titles as if they were unlicensed... I guess that would be too much to ask.
Yup, it would. Please don't ask again.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 19:51   Link #40
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Yup, it would. Please don't ask again.
You got it boss, I won't ask again. It seems like asking you the first time pissed you off enough.
Supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote