AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-14, 22:27   Link #61
james0246

^He fought evenly with an Admiral, something I never expected (I only thought Whitebeard would be strong enough to fight evenly with an Admiral), so Marco, and even Jozu, has far surpassed my expectations...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-14 at 22:56.
Old 2010-01-14, 22:35   Link #62
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You're not accounting at all for the 3 admirals, 4 warlords (Mihawk, Moria, Kuma, and Doflamingo), and several other Vice admirals. Do you think these individuals are going to stand idle and let Luffy do as he pleases? I don't think so. Therefore, it's not going to be as easy to rescue Ace as you seem to suggest.
I did... It's just that I don't expect them to insta transmission their ass on the platform and be able to stop him uncuffing Ace. If they would stopped him, it would've been before he got to the platform. Now he only has to deal with the final line up which are Sengoku and Garp. Even WB's line of the will of D, suggests we're reaching the final.

And why would any marine high tail their ass over there when it's only a promosing rookie and (probably) the two strongest marines are on the job who they expect to totally outmatch Luffy. Let alone the shichibukai who are their just so they don't lose their title. No need for them to go out of their way to stop him.

And it seems to me they all got their hands full with doing what they're doing, seeing that the WB pirates aren't even breaching the line of defense more which this chapter showed they were succeeding awefully good in seeing they got Luffy close enough to have Inazuma create a path to the platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sorry, but I loves me some VAs. While I'm undoubtedly interested in seeing Garp dish out some Fists of Tough Love on his grandkid, I still crave some action from the other non-fodder VAs, as well (particularly Doberman, as I already noted before). After all, those guys are the strongest soldiers in the marines after the admirals (with the exception of Garp, of course), so I think those guys deserve their fair share of screentime, as well......
Don't get me wrong, so do I. If the serie left me dissapointed in one thing only it's the poor use of the VAs. I was hoping we could get an estimate of the strength of an average VA this war but it seems to me that Oda just gave them a poor treatment like always. And now their turn seems to be passed and I just think, well of to the bigger and better things then.

Guess I have to hope that he'll still use them over the couple of years (hopefully decades :P, pls let OP run for like 15 years still).

Quote:
^Well, my point was that I was kinda expecting a bit more from Marco since he's.... y'know, a freaking phoenix Zoan. But nope, all he did was get some seastone cuffs slapped on him, followed by laser rape from Kizaru. Maybe he'll do something amazing when he gets freed from those cuffs, but currently I'm kinda disappointed in the first division commander.....
I was majorly impressed bye him till he got haxxed. Slapping those seacuffs on him just shows how scared they are of him imo. That's like the biggest cheat you can imagine to defeat him. And even then he's still running around doing his best. I did expect even more of him and I hope he will show more (if?) when he gets rid of his cuffs.
Old 2010-01-15, 00:03   Link #63
Rainbowman

To review this chapter:

Whitebeard and Monkey D. Dragon having Haki? Is this true? Boa Hancock vs. Sentomaru. I hope we have a flashback of him and Dr. Vegapunk in the next chapter. Ace is close to being saved, but why is Garp being the only obstacle in this war instead of Sengoku (not that Sengoku would jump in himself this instant)?
Old 2010-01-15, 00:19   Link #64
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^He fought evenly with an Admiral, something I never expected (I only thought Whitebeard would be strong enough to fight evenly with an Admiral), so Marco, and even Jozu, has far surpassed my expectations...
Yeah, and not to mention, Marco went down to a double team of an Admiral AND a Vice Admiral.
I mean, who wouldn't?
Old 2010-01-15, 00:51   Link #65
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post

If the world population is a few hundred million, then we could expect around 8-15 people with Haoushoku Haki, based on those with Haoushoku Haki being about "1 in 10s of millions".
I just hope it doesn't become like super saiya-jin.
Old 2010-01-15, 01:46   Link #66
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I did... It's just that I don't expect them to insta transmission their ass on the platform and be able to stop him uncuffing Ace. If they would stopped him, it would've been before he got to the platform. Now he only has to deal with the final line up which are Sengoku and Garp. Even WB's line of the will of D, suggests we're reaching the final.

And why would any marine high tail their ass over there when it's only a promosing rookie and (probably) the two strongest marines are on the job who they expect to totally outmatch Luffy. Let alone the shichibukai who are their just so they don't lose their title. No need for them to go out of their way to stop him.

And it seems to me they all got their hands full with doing what they're doing, seeing that the WB pirates aren't even breaching the line of defense more which this chapter showed they were succeeding awefully good in seeing they got Luffy close enough to have Inazuma create a path to the platform.
Who says that they have to come into close contact with Luffy? I can name plenty of ways they can attack Luffy from a distance (don't make me list them ). What I'm saying to you is that there's no way that Luffy is going to have things go his way so smoothly. That would be very anticlimactic and boring.
Old 2010-01-15, 02:42   Link #67
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah, and not to mention, Marco went down to a double team of an Admiral AND a Vice Admiral.
I mean, who wouldn't?

Bah, I would've at least preferred it if all 3 admirals gangbanged Marco at once. Either that, or have him get KO'ed by that sucker punch Garp gave him a couple chapters ago. Sure, he'd still be screwed, but at least his loss would've seemed less cheap that way.......
Old 2010-01-15, 03:55   Link #68
Kunagisa

I don't know why people want to see Sengoku vs. WB still; there is no way they can have a fair fight considering how badly injured WB is. STILLLLL waiting for Dragon to show up but totally do not expect him to show up at all (only hope I have is that he bailed Luffy's ass once but I don't think he cares about Ace at all).
Old 2010-01-15, 04:57   Link #69
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

If WB has Haoushoku Haki, Why don't soldiers fall unconscious in front of him? Or is it simply a matter of him not using it?
Old 2010-01-15, 05:12   Link #70
seiji_kun

Quote:
Who says that they have to come into close contact with Luffy? I can name plenty of ways they can attack Luffy from a distance (don't make me list them ). What I'm saying to you is that there's no way that Luffy is going to have things go his way so smoothly. That would be very anticlimactic and boring.
I'd find nothing more anticlimatic and boring then a ranged attack stopping Luffy since Luffy showed me plenty of times how skillfully he is at dodging, especially ranged attacks. And I'm expecting the WB pirates to hold of everyone like WB did to Kizaru this chapter.

And go smoothly? So lets forget about everything he had to do so far to come this way? Take out countless grunts, avoid Moria, switch Buggy with himself to occupy Mihawk. Getting kicked bye Kizaru to the start and beeing forced to take an other hormone injection to stay up? Yeah things went truly smooth for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
If WB has Haoushoku Haki, Why don't soldiers fall unconscious in front of him? Or is it simply a matter of him not using it?
Haki is like mp, he's keeping it in store for when he truly needs it. Like the haki infused attacks on logia. Joking of course but actually a good question.

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2010-01-15 at 05:34.
Old 2010-01-15, 06:39   Link #71
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Maybe he can't use his like that. Shanks is the only person that I've seen have people faint just because he was around. That one old dude and Luffy make people faint when they throw it out in bursts, but that's not the same thing. I don't think Boa makes weak people just faint in her presence either. In fact, I'm pretty sure Boa has said she hasn't mastered hers yet, so that might be why she can't or doesn't. Shanks is the only one who's done that so far.
Old 2010-01-15, 08:14   Link #72
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I'm pretty sure Boa has said she hasn't mastered hers yet, so that might be why she can't or doesn't. Shanks is the only one who's done that so far.
That's actually a pretty well known mistranslation where Boa says that it seems Luffy hasn't mastered his haki yet. Guess that's what you get these days with so many groups wanting to release as fast as possible. Luckely the op community is still blessed with people like Aohige who at least point out such mistakes like he needed to do this chapter with the Shanks and WB line and that it seems Daz Bones still calls Croc president.

I don't know if mangastream should be considered a blessing or a curse with their fast releases and onemanga these days is just horrible for OP. I can't even stress how bad I find the release they have uploaded atm on their site. Though do I really have a right to complain as a mere leecher.
Old 2010-01-15, 08:20   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nice chapter, for all the rice cracker Garp's devoured, the time has finally come for him to prove his worth as a member of the government!
Quote:
Daz Bones still calls Croc president
Das never really quit Baroque Works, so if Crocodile assembled his little group again, it would be as before...
As for Sengoku, I don't see him fighting this war unless the pirates get even more backup.
Old 2010-01-15, 08:21   Link #74
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
That's actually a pretty well known mistranslation where Boa says that it seems Luffy hasn't mastered his haki yet. Guess that's what you get these days with so many groups wanting to release as fast as possible. Luckely the op community is still blessed with people like Aohige who at least point out such mistakes like he needed to do this chapter with the Shanks and WB line and that it seems Daz Bones still calls Croc president.

I don't know if mangastream should be considered a blessing or a curse with their fast releases and onemanga these days is just horrible for OP. I can't even stress how bad I find the release they have uploaded atm on their site. Though do I really have a right to complain as a mere leecher.
I thought frankyhouse were generally accepted to be good?
Old 2010-01-15, 12:04   Link #75
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Bah, I would've at least preferred it if all 3 admirals gangbanged Marco at once. Either that, or have him get KO'ed by that sucker punch Garp gave him a couple chapters ago. Sure, he'd still be screwed, but at least his loss would've seemed less cheap that way.......
How is it cheap?
Strength and fighting capabilities isn't always equivalent to ranking.
As we all know.
We don't know if Marco would be able to fight evenly with the other 2 Admirals.
Only Kizaru because their abilities cancel each other out.
Just because he kicked Aoijiki doesn't mean would have won or overpowered him.
So maybe we are all overestimating Marco's strength.
Old 2010-01-15, 12:40   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I'd find nothing more anticlimatic and boring then a ranged attack stopping Luffy since Luffy showed me plenty of times how skillfully he is at dodging, especially ranged attacks.
Of course you would because all you want is to see Luffy save Ace with no resistance whatsoever.

Here are two of the several people that can easily prevent Luffy from freeing Ace.

Moria - He can command his brick bats to swarm and pester Luffy for as long as he likes. This would distract Luffy because he would be too busy trying to get them off of him.

Kuma - He can literally appear right in front of Luffy and proceed to beat the crap out of him. Realistically, Luffy would not be able to get by him.

Quote:
And I'm expecting the WB pirates to hold of everyone like WB did to Kizaru this chapter.
Then your expectations are in vain seeing as how the WB pirates are not strong enough to defend themselves against the entire marines force and 4 warlords. It's clear that they're losing and cannot win this battle through their own sheer power alone.

Quote:
And go smoothly? So lets forget about everything he had to do so far to come this way? Take out countless grunts, avoid Moria, switch Buggy with himself to occupy Mihawk. Getting kicked bye Kizaru to the start and beeing forced to take an other hormone injection to stay up? Yeah things went truly smooth for him.
You misunderstood me. I said there's no way Luffy is going to have things go his way so smoothly. "Going" is the key word here, for it means from this point on, as in the present (Luffy being on Inazuma's bridge). I wasn't talking about the past events that have led up to this moment.

@ AddiKtioNn-BlaCk - I agree with you. It cannot be automatically implied that Marco is on par with the admirals just because he fought evenly with Kizaru. The fact of the matter is that neither of them were fighting seriously, so the outcome may be different if they were to go all out.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-01-15 at 12:57.
Old 2010-01-15, 14:32   Link #77
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 570
This was pretty good. Once again very amazing details on the characters and the enviroment.

Crocodile
I can't believe croc would go this far for Luffy. I guess now that White Beard going to die there will be no fun in killing an old man who is already on his death bed. I think Croc would be a great addition to the Straw Hat Crew. If Croc joined the crew Oda would probably make Croc the Judas of the group. For anyone who doesn't know who Judas is, he was an apostle who betrayed Jesus.

Zoro and Number 1
Seeing Number 1 get beaten down so easily gives me very high hopes for Zoro. I means it has been like 5 archs, may be even more since the Zoro and Number 1 went at each other. I know zoro not ready to go up against the more powerful swordsman but still I can't wait to see how far zoro has improved. Who knows maybe Vista will be the challenger for Zoro before Mihawk. I hope Zoro can use haki later. That would go good with his 3 sword style. Plus he would be be able to hurt Logia.

Vice Admiral Garp
I am expecting someone else to get Garp attention besides Luffy. Because when i look at power levels between Luffy and his grand father i don't see Luffy getting past. Second don't know why Oda his holding Garp back. Seeing Luffy use Haoshoku haki and then Dragon's power. Even the fight with Shiki the Golden Lion Oda didn't show details. Just the beginning and after fights. When I look into the battle happening now the only person i see that could really match Garp is White Beard. Because Marco surely has hell didn't do a good job. Third I feel when it comes to Supreme Admirals and Vice Admiral Garp, Garp is the strongest. They should do a back story on Garp. I would like to see who raised him to be a marine.

ACE and Luffy
Ace is going to be a powerhouse if he has haki abilities too. I wonder when luffy is going to realize he has been using haki? Kind of funny everyone else knows but him.
Old 2010-01-15, 14:34   Link #78
james0246

@Blackbeard D. Kuma: Ranged attacks, in general, are actually pretty boring (they are only fun when you are in the sniping position ), unless the fight is about figuring out how to get around a ranged attacker (ala the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan, etc). In the end, I can't help but feel that a ranged attack, right now, would ruin the pacing of the battle (which is building up to its conclusion (arguably, Luffy releasing his Haki or Whitebeard advancing after being stabbed near the heart were the climax of the battle)).
Old 2010-01-15, 14:35   Link #79
noktown

Quote:
Of course you would because all you want is to see Luffy save Ace with no resistance whatsoever.

Here are two of the several people that can easily prevent Luffy from freeing Ace.

Moria - He can command his brick bats to swarm and pester Luffy for as long as he likes. This would distract Luffy because he would be too busy trying to get them off of him.

Kuma - He can literally appear right in front of Luffy and proceed to beat the crap out of him. Realistically, Luffy would not be able to get by him.

Shouldn't Kizaru also be able to literally instant transmit himself to anyplace he wants ?Unless he's busy...
Old 2010-01-15, 14:36   Link #80
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Shouldn't Kizaru also be able to literally instant transmit himself to anyplace he wants ?Unless he's busy...
That is what he was attempting to do, but Whitebeard stopped him.
Closed Thread