AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 18:25   Link #501
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Looks like we're going to have a love square happening soon...Theoria << Izuru << Kei << Asagi. And it's plainly obvious who is going to get the broken heart.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:38   Link #502
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I like the subtle way this anime handles romantic interest. It's generally not in your face, it often comes out as simple friendliness, and it's most clear moments are during subdued moments of jealousy. Very realistic for budding romantic interest, I think.

On the whole, this latest episode of Majestic Prince made for a pretty good aftermath episode. I loved the direction and dramatic music in it. I really don't get why Asagi took so much grief though. Granted that he struggled a little bit at first as the new leader, but that's just to be expected, and once he settled into the role, he was fantastic the rest of the way. I really think that mechanic that went totally bonkers on him with the "Lame Pilot!" bit was totally out of line.

I'd love for Puu's spoiler speculation to be correct, and it could combine seamlessly with my own speculation that Simon is Izuru's father.
Old 2013-05-30, 19:42   Link #503
ReddyRedWolf

One can definitely see the green eyed monster in Kei as looks back and forth at Izuru and Theoria.

The basic technology for the ASHMB are replicated Wulgaru tech but the JURIA system is a home made system.

Theoria warned Earth about the invasion and gave them the technology.

Wulgaru are not humans though they may resemble them.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 20:49   Link #504
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I guess that it's a revelation that a defector name Theoria gave Earth a fighting chance by leaking Wulgaru's technology.

Interesting, but I wonder if Izuru can remember her even his memories has gone up the smoke?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 21:30   Link #505
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I guess that it's a revelation that a defector name Theoria gave Earth a fighting chance by leaking Wulgaru's technology.
Frankly, some of us can already tell that from a mile away (since Simon talked humbly toward Theoria in episode 2, to be exact) and proven by the spot-on speculations some pages ago. Still, it’s nice to know that JURIA system is originated from human’s own tech. Way to go, humans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Interesting, but I wonder if Izuru can remember her even his memories has gone up the smoke?
Previous episodes already shown that he definitely still remember her face if nothing else.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:03   Link #506
ReddyRedWolf

Since it has been established the JURIA system is named after somebody and it is not Wulgaru tech I suspect this is Juria.

Images
Mysterious Sixth Ranger
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-30, 22:13   Link #507
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't see Izuru dying. Lacus (andI like that idea) maybe or Asagi/Kei with big heroic sacrifice (I hate that idea) and of course Team Doeberman (hope MJP will be original and let them live though).

My choice kill Lacus, let Kei comfort Izuru and throw big party with dobermans. Happy ending
I'm going to assume that Dobermans are the safety members in the entire series, simply due to the way the series plays so many tropes completely straight. The Doberman leader is a walking, talking Death Flag. He's going to be alive at the end and have some sort of Skull & Crossbones on his mecha, as well. I just don't see how they don't do that.

Mind you, the first guy that responds decently Tamaki is as good as dead. Period.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 03:43   Link #508
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 9 was probably the worst episode yet. I almost went blind watching it. The direction and pacing of the scenes were awful, the sound/music placement was really poor, and the entire episode just looked horrible visually. Bad layouts, bad art, bad animation. That scene with the characters chilling in the room was sooooo bad. Lol. When Asagi punched the wall (and when his palm was pressing on the wall after that), I lol'd so hard because it's clear the background art and the character animation art were completely out of sync in terms of composition.

Big meh this week.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 05:38   Link #509
SQA

This is a little weird, but I can't seem to track much of anything down, so I'll ask here.

ANN is listing Maeda Jun (yes, THAT one) as having voiced a part: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=51681 Any know what episode "Takashi" was in, or even what character that is? I was really confused by that listing, but I can't really check if it's real or not.
Old 2013-05-31, 09:41   Link #510
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I like the subtle way this anime handles romantic interest. It's generally not in your face, it often comes out as simple friendliness, and it's most clear moments are during subdued moments of jealousy. Very realistic for budding romantic interest, I think.

On the whole, this latest episode of Majestic Prince made for a pretty good aftermath episode. I loved the direction and dramatic music in it. I really don't get why Asagi took so much grief though. Granted that he struggled a little bit at first as the new leader, but that's just to be expected, and once he settled into the role, he was fantastic the rest of the way. I really think that mechanic that went totally bonkers on him with the "Lame Pilot!" bit was totally out of line.

I'd love for Puu's spoiler speculation to be correct, and it could combine seamlessly with my own speculation that Simon is Izuru's father.
I actually joked a while back that Theoria might be Izuru's mom and Simon his dad. Honestly in this episode I got more of a motherly vibe from her when speaking about Izuru. Since she's the one who told them about the impending Wulgaru attack and gave them the tech for parts of their mech it makes me wonder how old she is. Does anyone remember it being mentioned how long they'd been at war with the Wulgaru?
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 10:17   Link #511
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
This is a little weird, but I can't seem to track much of anything down, so I'll ask here.

ANN is listing Maeda Jun (yes, THAT one) as having voiced a part: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=51681 Any know what episode "Takashi" was in, or even what character that is? I was really confused by that listing, but I can't really check if it's real or not.
I'm not sure which "one" you're talking about. The character Takashi is one of the buff mechanics for Gold 4, and he's voiced by 前田淳 who's an actor in various J-Dramas. His profile is here: http://www.candoart.com/prof_men/maeda.html

The ANN entry is incorrect because it's already a mess of different people with the same romanized name in English. The composer and the animator are clearly different people, and the voice actor in this case is also a different person.

Hope that helps.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 18:28   Link #512
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
I would just laugh if-

Spoiler for Spoiler Speculation?:

Anyway, I really like this episode. It feels really... mellow after that awesome previous episode, but I also like the tiny things they put in here. Especially....

Spoiler for Episode 9 spoilers:
If your first spoiler comes true...that is one freaking trollage.

Asagi is so lovable. I think Kei and Asagi would make a good couple -- her cooking can soothe his stomach ulcer. :/

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 19:15   Link #513
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I'm not sure which "one" you're talking about. The character Takashi is one of the buff mechanics for Gold 4, and he's voiced by 前田淳 who's an actor in various J-Dramas. His profile is here: http://www.candoart.com/prof_men/maeda.html

The ANN entry is incorrect because it's already a mess of different people with the same romanized name in English. The composer and the animator are clearly different people, and the voice actor in this case is also a different person.

Hope that helps.
That helps a lot. I had no clue which episode he was supposed to be, so I had no way to check the Kanji, which leads to all sorts of problems. Doesn't help that only ANN had a Takashi listing. Thanks duckroll.
Old 2013-06-01, 04:05   Link #514
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Looks like we're going to have a love square happening soon...Theoria << Izuru << Kei << Asagi. And it's plainly obvious who is going to get the broken heart.
I don't know man. I think the great thing about this development is that it's not that clear at all. Izuru could easily end up with Theoria but I can also see him easily choosing Kei as well. Although for Asagi it looks like it's either Kei or nobody.

I think this turned out to be a very good episode all round. I think there were some minor blips such as the sudden switch to comedy when the Team were quite reasonably depressed, and Asagi getting unfairly chastised by one of his crew members, but other than that it was all good. I like the way the show decided to resolve the plot threads of Theoria being Wulgaru and the Juria system being based on Wulgaru technology. If it were any other show, it might have stretched these out as long as possible, and I fully expected them to do so. But as it turns out they dealt with it fairly quickly, meaning that they could have more to offer.

Last edited by Haak; 2013-06-01 at 08:40.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 05:22   Link #515
Tenzen12

Why nobody? If we go by opening (which is common argument for Lacus x Izuru) he might get togethere with Tamaki

But honestly I saw at least one anime, where such thing realy happaned.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 08:21   Link #516
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
the Juria system being based on Wulgaru technology.
Only the basic ASHMB technology was adapted but the JURIA system that is purely human.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The Humans' trump card against the Primal Instinct driven Wulgaru.

edit:

Something just occurred to be. They said the ASHMB with the JURIA system are like another version of Team Rabbits.

What if their ASHMB have their childhood memories?

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2013-06-01 at 11:02.
Old 2013-06-06, 08:47   Link #517
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ep.10, first half:

Spoiler:

EDIT - sorry, no second half + preview summaries. Too many streaming hiccups made the ep unwatchable for me.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-06-06 at 09:27.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 10:52   Link #518
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Sorry a little late but.....

Ironically, even though Asagi may not be a good pilot but I find Asagi a better leader than Izuru.

To be honest, under the Red Five's Leadership..... Team Rabbit really look like a bunch of headless Chicken running around with little idea of what they are suppose to do. But Izuru is a good pilot and more suited to the role of Vanguard than Asagi.

On the other hand.... under Asagi's leadership, although he find the task difficult but.... Team Rabbit seems more focused in their role(may be they gotten used to their machine) also, he seems to be in control(able to get others to work) and has a good grasp on the situation.

That guy may have gastric problem, fail in catching his mecha's own equipment but I think he do have a talent in commanding.

Spoiler for Spoiler for the big battle:
Old 2013-06-06, 11:18   Link #519
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Spoiler for Plot points:

The room joke is getting old. That and someone on staff must really hate the dunkoleosteus.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 17:17   Link #520
Irenesharda

Okay, where do I even start?

Half this episode annoyed the crap out of me with its ridiculousness, and the other half was good if only for the fact that it featured the awesome Wulgaru who are honestly some of the best parts of this show.

First the good stuff: again the Wulgaru. Awesome characters who seem to steal their scenes. Prince Jiart is awesome and a welcome change from the cliches. We can already tell that they're going to set up a rivalry match up between Jiart and the other 5 nobles and the 5 members of Team Rabbits. However, there is the issue that the number is imbalanced (6 to 5) so either one member of the Wulgaru is going to not participate/die or there will be an added member to the Fail 5. I just hope this doesn't mean that the rest of the series is going to be full of one-on-one battles with the same opponents. That could get really boring. I also liked how some of the characters are changing and the advancement of the love square between Izuri, Theoria, Kei, and Asagi. And lastly, the discovery at the end was interesting.

Now, to what I didn't like (Warning: Get ready for a rant):

Okay, I've been annoyed by the craptastic "science" in this show already, but they have now just taken it to all new lows. First, they reveal that the Wulgaru are the progenitors of not only all of humankind, but several other races as well. Really? And not only that, but when they announce it, is there any acknowledgement of this miracle? No. Everyone is too busy thinking with their hormones to even give that game-changing surprise its due amazement.

Next, the Wulgaru did this by sending their "genes" through the universe and their "genes" sowed their wild oats creating all these different peoples? Yeah, umm, I've already said this but I think I may need to reiterate: GENES/DNA DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!
Genes do not just fly off into space and land on planets and create totally new whole organisms. Genes may be the building blocks of an organism, but you need more than just genes and genes alone. DNA is NOT an independent entity. It does not have a "want to survive" and it does not fly through the galaxy seeding its wild oats.

In addition, why did they even introduce that plot point with the Wulgaru seeding their "genes" throughout space in order to save themselves? First off, the Wulgaru DNA is degrading? They seem to be perfectly fine to me. Also, if they are the starters of all these different species, then the time of their so-called survival problem started billions, if not trillions of years ago. You guys have survived this long, how is your race in any danger?

Also, by introducing the "fighting for survival" card they have only given the Wulgaru a valid reason for doing what they are doing. It wasn't like they didn't know that the beings that came from their "alien spacefaring genes" weren't going to be sentient and sapient. If you sow an apple seed, you're going to get an apple. If you give the genes of a very complex being, you are going to get a very complex organism in return. So, I have no idea why Theoria and her mother suddenly decided that maybe what they were doing was wrong? They are fighting for their own survival after all.

It's like if you have a farmer who planted crops because his family was going to starve. Then when he goes to harvest them, his daughter complains because the carrots are "alive". Or as Cmdr. Simon says, it's like raising fish, only now your complaining about eating them. I'm not saying what the Wulgaru are doing is right, but they are trying to save their species, they do have their own survival to think about. And why are they so surprised that the Wulgaru think of them as "primitive"? They pretty much created the human race here, so I think they can be excused.

This is why I really think they should have kept to the whole simpler "they want to hunt us because their culture is built around hunters and the glory of the hunt" plot line idea. That way at least then the two groups can be on equal ground. But now they've tossed in that this is as much about survival for the Wulgaru as it is about the joy of the hunt, they also toss in that the Wulgaru are the creators of humanity. So you really have two groups both fighting for survival at the cost of the other. All of this just brings in unnecessary drama to a show that is really quite simple.

Now, I do ask why is it that the MJP of all the military entities is handling something as big as this? They're the ones designing the weapons, creating the soldier, talking with and discussing the aliens. Did this show forget that MJP stands for Military Junior Pre-Academy? This is like having the military's most important secrets being held by the JROTC! How does that make a bit of strategic sense?

Lastly, I don't know if I like that the reason Kei and Asagi aren't doing well, is because they aren't "sharing their feelings" and Tamaki is getting more and more annoying as the show goes on. Theoria is your garden variety "Lacus", however she is putting up a few death flags for me, especially considering how happy she make Izuru, so I don't know about her. As for her relationship with Jiart, I'm back to thinking they are brother and sister, based on the fact that she doesn't even think to refer to him as "prince", and they did bring up how much they look alike. Maybe Jiart just has the hots for his sister? It wouldn't be the first time unfortunately, and I could actually believe that of his character.

Well, it looks like they will be going to Mars next week, so we'll see where this goes.

I give this episode a reluctant 6.95/10. I took away massive points for the BS "aliens science" thrown around in this episode, but the appearance of the Wulgaru brought it back up some.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction