AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-31, 02:34   Link #2981
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I too think he will eventually die, but I have no idea how. And I don't think his sister hates him, especially with the way he tries to take care of her and makes sure she's okay. Sure she throws things at him and laughs at him, but that's stuff that goes on between siblings.
Think how Satomi sees it though. He's been one upped by Shoko all the time and now his sister kicks him out after he notices Shoko was there. The sad thing is that he was only there to take care of Akira and bring her food and drinks but her being the way she was she forced him out with him mistaking that she didn't do it because she hates him but because of her own phobia. Thus she kicked him out because Shoko doesn't want to be seen crying but Satomi obviously wont be able to register that as she was kicked out as soon as he saw Shoko.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 02:37   Link #2982
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
That's true. Hell, I even me and my bro would act like that.
Don't I know it.
I argue and beat up on my younger brothers all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Think how Satomi sees it though. He's been one upped by Shoko all the time and now his sister kicks him out after he notices Shoko was there. The sad thing is that he was only there to take care of Akira and bring her food and drinks but her being the way she was she forced him out with him mistaking that she didn't do it because she hates him but because of her own phobia. Thus she kicked him out because Shoko doesn't want to be seen crying but Satomi obviously wont be able to register that as she was kicked out as soon as he saw Shoko.
Oh I understand exactly as he feels. I'm the eldest sibling and I understand what it takes and how it feels to be responsible for your younger siblings. He's used to being the only person she relies on and for her to suddenly turn to someone else, infringes on his territory and duty as an older sibling taking care of the younger. He feels replaced and remiss, though I would think it would take more than one incident to ferment these thoughts in his head, but I guess with all the other things he feels that Shoko has replaced him on, it all compounded.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-05-31 at 02:54.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 03:00   Link #2983
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I wonder what will Akira react if her brother, who cares about her, dies?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 03:42   Link #2984
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I wonder what will Akira react if her brother, who cares about her, dies?
Well, she'll probably have to give up her hikikomori ways (since nobody is going to take care of her the way Satomi does, except perhaps Shouko)... But I hope she'd be sad. She's already helping everyone (Haruto and Saki with their fight, broadcasting the video they made) but Satomi's death would probably push her to be more active.

Not that I want to see Satomi dead, he's my favorite supporting character. (He's so... fluffy somehow, maybe it's his voice.) But he'll likely kick the bucket before the season ends. :/
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 06:13   Link #2985
zztop

Which subs give a more accurate translation? Cus:
1)Fansub 1(with red lettering) translates Cain's statement 'Lune no Hikari' as 'light of the runes'.

2)Fansub 2(with white lettering) translates the same statement as 'the Light of Lune'.

I'm confused. Please advise. (?_?)

Love the operatic aria that plays during each episode preview at the end.

PS. A view of the Kremlin palace, same as in ep 8's intro:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 06:36   Link #2986
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Which subs give a more accurate translation? Cus:
1)Fansub 1(with red lettering) translates Cain's statement 'Lune no Hikari' as 'light of the runes'.

2)Fansub 2(with white lettering) translates the same statement as 'the Light of Lune'.
I heard it as "'ruun' no hikari," if it's supposed to be an existing word then I think it's "rune" (as we've seen in eps 1-2, runes are involved in some way).

But as for accuracy, I think you'd better wait for the official subs. If the translator is working from the official script there's less chance for guesswork or mishearing words (or deliberately mistranslating things for the lulz).

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-31 at 07:07.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 08:15   Link #2987
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I heard it as "rune" as well, which is odd in itself, but then again part of the show IS getting themes from Danish myth after all.
Old 2013-05-31, 11:15   Link #2988
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And noone answered my question (((
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 14:44   Link #2989
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post

ドルシア軍事盟約連邦 || Dorssia Military Pact Federation
A powerful military state with the goal of opposing ARUS, originally formed in Eurasia through a military pact centered around Eastern Europe. Its current rule and structure are the result of a political coup known as “The Red Thursday”. After launching a sudden and unexpected invasion of the supposedly neutral JIOR, they now hold its mainland and sphere under occupation.
So does this mean that A-Drei and Liselotte aren't royalty anymore? Like they were, but after the "The Red Thursday" happened their family was overthrown and kicked off to the side. This could be why A-Drei never refers to himself as a prince and his team members only refer to him as such in order to tease him. This could be why he doesn't have much power over military decisions when he should. This could also be why Liselotte seems like a captive instead of a princess in the present day. Maybe L-Elf and A-Drei wanted to revolutionize Dorssia in order to put the royal family back in charge (thus freeing Liselotte), but after attaining the Valvraves and breaking it off with A-Drei, L-Elf made different plans (or he just decided to start the plans he had in mind 5 years sooner ).
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 15:00   Link #2990
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
So does this mean that A-Drei and Liselotte aren't royalty anymore? Like they were, but after the "The Red Thursday" happened their family was overthrown and kicked off to the side. This could be why A-Drei never refers to himself as a prince and his team members only refer to him as such in order to tease him. This could be why he doesn't have much power over military decisions when he should. This could also be why Liselotte seems like a captive instead of a princess in the present day. Maybe L-Elf and A-Drei wanted to revolutionize Dorssia in order to put the royal family back in charge (thus freeing Liselotte), but after attaining the Valvraves and breaking it off with A-Drei, L-Elf made different plans (or he just decided to start the plans he had in mind 5 years sooner ).
I think the Red Thursday is a Monarchist Revolution which put them into power, not vice-versa. Something must have happened to turn the purely republican Eastern Europe into a Monarchy. Furthermore, didn't the guy who gave the Dorssian speech wear the same kind of tiara as Liselotte does in the OP and ED?

L-11 may as well be opposed to how Dorssia treats Princess Liselotte. Royalty being abused by it's subjects isn't really a foreign story concept, especially when the Monarch is young and unable to oppose the regents (I am not saying that Liselotte is Empress now but it is possible).
Old 2013-05-31, 15:13   Link #2991
cyoti

No hardline military people overthrew the royalty. Dorssia's ruler is a fuhrer who is friends with Cain.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 16:01   Link #2992
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
I think the Red Thursday is a Monarchist Revolution which put them into power, not vice-versa. Something must have happened to turn the purely republican Eastern Europe into a Monarchy. Furthermore, didn't the guy who gave the Dorssian speech wear the same kind of tiara as Liselotte does in the OP and ED?

L-11 may as well be opposed to how Dorssia treats Princess Liselotte. Royalty being abused by it's subjects isn't really a foreign story concept, especially when the Monarch is young and unable to oppose the regents (I am not saying that Liselotte is Empress now but it is possible).
If A-Drei's family is still in charge then he would have more respect. He would be treated like royalty, but he doesn't. It doesn't add up. His royal background is now just something people make mock him for.

Except that Liselotte wasn't being abused by her subjects 10 years ago. She looked happy and carefree. Wouldn't it be the same now if her family was still in charge? Concerning the tiaras that both Liselotte and the current Dorssian fuhrer wear, maybe she's being forced to marry him? I know that's pretty gross (she's like what, 16?), but it could happen. It would be another thing that both A-Drei and L-Elf would have a problem with, plus she did not wear a tiara in the past.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 16:18   Link #2993
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
If A-Drei's family is still in charge then he would have more respect. He would be treated like royalty, but he doesn't. It doesn't add up. His royal background is now just something people make fun of him for.
Great members of royalty lose their respect. Forced disinheritance, being a member of a traitorous branch of the family, losing the game of thrones... a lot could have happened to force A-Drei out from royalty.

Quote:
Except that Liselotte wasn't being abused by her subjects 10 years ago. She looked happy and carefree. Concerning the tiaras that both Liselotte and the current Dorssian fuhrer wear, maybe she's being forced to marry him? I know that's pretty gross (she's like what, 16?), but it could happen. It would be another thing that both A-Drei and L-Elf would have a problem with, plus she did not wear a tiara in the past.
By abused I don't mean anything radical as domestic violence or such. By abuse I mean that your subjects hold all the power and your sole purpose is to be the Monarchy's mascot. Royal puppets live luxurious lives and are protected from harm 24/7, it is just that their opinions mean nothing.

The tiara could represent a few things: position of power, sign of an adult member of the royal family, etc. She did wear special apparel however and it is impossible to not recognize her as a noble or royalty.
What matters is that she wears it in present which means that she is someone special. In aristocratic societies (and Dorssia is definitely one), a golden tiara and crown both represent a special position in the society... and not something an overthrown dynasty would be allowed to wear (which is possibly why A-3 doesn't have one). I think the man is more likely her brother.
Old 2013-05-31, 16:24   Link #2994
Irenesharda

Quote:
If A-Drei's family is still in charge then he would have more respect. He would be treated like royalty, but he doesn't. It doesn't add up. His royal background is now just something people make fun of him for.

Except that Liselotte wasn't being abused by her subjects 10 years ago. She looked happy and carefree. Concerning the tiaras that both Liselotte and the current Dorssian fuhrer wear, maybe she's being forced to marry him? I know that's pretty gross (she's like what, 16?), but it could happen. It would be another thing that both A-Drei and L-Elf would have a problem with, plus she did not wear a tiara in the past.
I think A-3 has probably dishonored, disinherited, or been exiled from the family in some way, which is why he's not treated with the same respect as a normal royal.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-01, 05:36   Link #2995
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think the royalty in Dorssia are probably disenfranchised relics of the prior era. It might not have been a full revolution like what actually happened in Russia, but maybe something closer to what England has today - but with less respect. There's still royalty, but they hold no power, and the country is run by military officials. Koyasu's character is listed as the Dorssia Fuhrer essentially, in Japanese terms.

A-drei being a prince would really be no different from Prince Harry being in the army. His squad mates probably don't bow to his every desire and need, and I'm sure they make fun of him too. But in the end they still work together, there's a mutual respect as soldiers, and they all follow orders.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 13:48   Link #2996
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

A-drei being a prince would really be no different from Prince Harry being in the army. His squad mates probably don't bow to his every desire and need, and I'm sure they make fun of him too. But in the end they still work together, there's a mutual respect as soldiers, and they all follow orders.
I thought of the "Prince Harry" analogy too, but I still think it's different. A-drei is not just in the army, he's in a branch of the special forces that trains children at a young age to be perfect killers and strip them of their identities to make them simple alphanumeric codenames. The special forces that he's in are not only extremely dangerous and seem like lifetime jobs, but even the training is potentially lethal. That's not something you would place a potential heir to the throne. Especially as we have seen no other royals than him, his sister, and the Emperor, and with A-drei being the eldest he should be the heir apparent, but he's not, and no one other than his fellow teens calls him "prince", so I think that he might have more than likely lost the position (probably unfairly) for some reason.

I think the royalty of Dorssia is just as it looks, with the Emperor as the autocratic head, the prince and princess either being his children or siblings, and it even looks as though he has a council of some sort in one scene. I don't think this show is going to go that deep into the politics, so I would just take it as it's shown.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-01, 21:19   Link #2997
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
I think the royalty of Dorssia is just as it looks, with the Emperor as the autocratic head, the prince and princess either being his children or siblings, and it even looks as though he has a council of some sort in one scene. I don't think this show is going to go that deep into the politics, so I would just take it as it's shown.
It's not though. The head of Dorssia is not an emperor. He's the Fuhrer. That's his title. If it were a royal title, the show would say so. Both Dorssia and ARUS have political leaders, not aristocratic ones.
Old 2013-06-01, 22:03   Link #2998
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's not though. The head of Dorssia is not an emperor. He's the Fuhrer. That's his title. If it were a royal title, the show would say so. Both Dorssia and ARUS have political leaders, not aristocratic ones.
If I remember right, he's called the Dorssian "Emperor" or "Supreme Ruler" in the credits. I think that while the government is totalitarian and a dictatorship, I think they might be an empire as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-01, 22:26   Link #2999
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
If I remember right, he's called the Dorssian "Emperor" or "Supreme Ruler" in the credits. I think that while the government is totalitarian and a dictatorship, I think they might be an empire as well.
It's extremely hard to see how 総統 can imply or mean "Emperor" in any way. Yes, it literally means supreme ruler, but from a dictatorship/political sense. The common use of the term is strongly associated with Hitler's dictatorship, and it is also used to refer to similar modern political reigns. It is not associated with imperial or royal leaderships. There are other terms for those.

There is definitely royalty in Dorssia, but I don't think there is any indication that the royalty has power in the current generation, or that they run the country. In the scenes during the dictator's speech, the "royals" along with Liselotte are seen indoors and cut off from the public, so it's not like they were shown giving support to the rulers of the country and being adored by the people.

We'll probably find out more shortly, since there are only 4 episodes left this season, and I think they'll want to clear up L-Elf's motivations before the season ends at least. Both he and A-Drei want to "change" Dorssia, so for that to have any meaning for the audience, they'll probably explain briefly what political state Dorssia is in right now.
Old 2013-06-02, 02:52   Link #3000
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
And noone answered my question (((
If I'm not mistaken there's no official announcement regarding which studio is in charge.

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire