AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-23, 20:27   Link #4261
Birdway
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Shiryu's secret isn't secret anymore.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 07:19   Link #4262
Ozuma
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
What Galaxian said. Season 2 is far from disappointing as Gundam SEED Destiny. Shame on making a comparison between those two guys. Also Next Dimension is the king of disappointment in terms of sequels yet to receive anime adaptation.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 08:34   Link #4263
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
What Galaxian said. Season 2 is far from disappointing as Gundam SEED Destiny. Shame on making a comparison between those two guys. Also Next Dimension is the king of disappointment in terms of sequels yet to receive anime adaptation.
What Galaxian said is this: “Season 2 is nothing but a Shadow of Season 1, but I still find it a lot more entertaining than anything Next Dimension has done during these last two years.” Which, for me, is helluva similar to Destiny's case. In case you don’t get it, let me change the subjects of Galaxian's lines:

SEED Destiny is nothing but a shadow of SEED, but I still find it a lot more entertaining than anything AGE has done.”

So, no, I'm not shamed at all by the comparison .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 11:09   Link #4264
Ozuma
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
@Obelisk

Its funny how ya got on me case for misinterpreting what u said yet here u are doing same wit my post. Season 2 pales in comparison to season 1 is what I'm also saying.

And Next Dimension is a snore fest.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 11:16   Link #4265
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
@Obelisk

Its funny how ya got on me case for misinterpreting what u said yet here u are doing same wit my post. Season 2 pales in comparison to season 1 is what I'm also saying.

And Next Dimension is a snore fest.
My focus is you badmouthing me for the SEED Destiny comparison. Not your opinion on Omega S2.

And yes, I also think Next Dimension is awful (look how I compare it to Gundam AGE), so what’s your point?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 11:51   Link #4266
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
The way I see it: Omega's season 1 was Digimon 02 in a lot of aspects and season 2 was SEED Destiny in some aspects.

Those two series are completely different beasts than Omega, but as sequels they do share a lot of elements in common, so you could use it as comparison, but only with specific aspects.

For example, season 2 is like Destiny in that the previous protagonist hijacked the spotlight from the current ones during its second half. The difference, I'm actually disappointed it happened in Omega, while in Destiny it couldn't have happened fast enough
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 17:58   Link #4267
Ozuma
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
@Galaxian

Eh, that's an accurate surmise of season 1 of Omega. The whole Cosmo ruins things does seem like the tower plot. That and the kid appeal element. However, unlike the gawdy SEED Destiny Omega thankfully, didn't resort to stock footage and clip shows. That's got to be the biggest fuck up and most slop move in the production of an Anime.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 18:14   Link #4268
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The way I see it: Omega's season 1 was Digimon 02 in a lot of aspects and season 2 was SEED Destiny in some aspects.

Those two series are completely different beasts than Omega, but as sequels they do share a lot of elements in common, so you could use it as comparison, but only with specific aspects.

For example, season 2 is like Destiny in that the previous protagonist hijacked the spotlight from the current ones during its second half. The difference, I'm actually disappointed it happened in Omega, while in Destiny it couldn't have happened fast enough
It’s nice to see a reasonable post. Not just outright saying “shame on you” on a comparison other people made. So yeah, like you said, Omega S2 is indeed comparable to Destiny. That Destiny & Omega S2 character bit you said is spot on and was one of the aspects of my comparison.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 18:15   Link #4269
Ozuma
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
@Galaxian

The problem is also the writers fucked up in trying to blend the old generation of Saint with the new ones.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 18:16   Link #4270
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
@Galaxian

Eh, that's an accurate surmise of season 1 of Omega. The whole Cosmo ruins things does seem like the tower plot. That and the kid appeal element. However, unlike the gawdy SEED Destiny Omega thankfully, didn't resort to stock footage and clip shows. That's got to be the biggest fuck up and most slop move in the production of an Anime.
Ok, but the stock footage thing is in terms of production, and I agree, it was bad in SEED and even worse in Destiny. And it's true, thankfully, Omega among of of stock footage (because it did had some) is nowhere near as high as SEED's.

However I was only talking in terms of plot and characters.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 18:45   Link #4271
Ozuma
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
@Galaxian

Quote:
Ok, but the stock footage thing is in terms of production, and I agree, it was bad in SEED and even worse in Destiny. And it's true, thankfully, Omega among of of stock footage (because it did had some) is nowhere near as high as SEED's.
@Bolded

which be my main point. I'll put it this way: if I was forced by a best friend who had terrible taste in picking an Anime to watch and told me we were to spend the evening watching Anime instead of playing video games and it was either SEED Destiny or a series from my small collection currently in my possession.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 18:54   Link #4272
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
An argument could be made that in Omega season 2...

Kouga = Kira
Eden = Athrun
Subaru = Shinn

Is not a clear point-by-point comparison, but they do serve similar roles in each their plots.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 21:12   Link #4273
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
An argument could be made that in Omega season 2...

Kouga = Kira
Eden = Athrun
Subaru = Shinn

Is not a clear point-by-point comparison, but they do serve similar roles in each their plots.
I don't get the big deal. What's so bad about that? Subaru turned into a villain was planned from the get go. The openings didn't even try to hide it.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 21:21   Link #4274
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I don't get the big deal. What's so bad about that? Subaru turned into a villain was planned from the get go. The openings didn't even try to hide it.
That's not what's being discussed. Hell I said Subaru was going to turn evil the moment it was announced that a new character would join the main cast.

We're just talking about comparing Omega to other series, mainly Gundam SEED Destiny.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 08:52   Link #4275
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Aioros in the CG movie...



The Sagittarius Cloth seem to be the one closest to the classic look among all the Gold Cloths... That is, until it goes into "Super Mode".
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 05:16   Link #4276
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
just watched latest episode.

...

LOL!

hiding behind the ruin = far less damage than showing up and fight. what a joke, you gold saints...

ikki randomly showed up after aegeon randomly becoming shaka wannabe and send ikki back to earth, and he randomly dodge saturn chorno blablabal stop univeerse time.
after that he send his cosmo which is FAR bigger size than the rest of entire saints!

ikki > all
ikki > saturn

he probably go to other dimension with aegeon on purpose and just wait for koga.co to defeat saturn, so he could rest and drink coffee while waiting for koga.co to be defeated -_-

saturn said as if koga creating universe and big bang. will koga uses Suiseiken Big Bang like tenma did against hades? saturn said as if koga creating universe and big bang.

whatever, 1 more episode... this Seiya Seed Destiny is still horrible, not even one fight is as epic as fight in season 1 from amor to abzu...

and again, where is integra? duh,
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 06:26   Link #4277
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
just watched latest episode.

...

LOL!

hiding behind the ruin = far less damage than showing up and fight. what a joke, you gold saints...

ikki randomly showed up after aegeon randomly becoming shaka wannabe and send ikki back to earth, and he randomly dodge saturn chorno blablabal stop univeerse time.
after that he send his cosmo which is FAR bigger size than the rest of entire saints!

ikki > all
ikki > saturn

he probably go to other dimension with aegeon on purpose and just wait for koga.co to defeat saturn, so he could rest and drink coffee while waiting for koga.co to be defeated -_-

saturn said as if koga creating universe and big bang. will koga uses Suiseiken Big Bang like tenma did against hades? saturn said as if koga creating universe and big bang.

whatever, 1 more episode... this Seiya Seed Destiny is still horrible, not even one fight is as epic as fight in season 1 from amor to abzu...

and again, where is integra? duh,
Is not Big Bang.
Powerfull than big bang It's The Cosmos of the Saints crystallize in the form of a "Super Omega Cloth" worn use by Koga this from magazine spoiler i saw wait for chapter 97 they will explain carefully more.

power of Trust and Believe. to make crystallize infinite power Super Omega.

Last edited by nishikinomaki; 2014-03-27 at 08:17.
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 07:17   Link #4278
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
Is not Big Bang Powerfull than big bang It's The Cosmos of the Saints crystallize in the form of a "Super Omega Cloth" worn use by Koga this from magazine spoiler i saw wait for chapter 97 they will explain carefully more.

power of Trust and Believe. to make crystallize infinite power Super Omega.
sorry i rly dont understand, can you fix the grammar?
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 07:30   Link #4279
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
and again, where is integra? duh,
Hmm... With her sister's body as this episode showed...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 08:10   Link #4280
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
sorry i rly dont understand, can you fix the grammar?
if you still not get it i explain it little is power of bound. if still not understand it wait for episode 97.

i know what gona happen in next episode.

Its not big bang. its bound of crystallize feeling power.
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.