AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-03-10, 10:37   Link #3661
tsunade666

The first Kenjuu was already shown, heck but the scene with Kanase is different from the LN. They also made the strongest Kenjuu look meh..... ugly. Diving Goat looks bad.

Another OVA series is better than nothing, plus the novel is licensed so I can just read it there. It's better that way.
Old 2018-03-14, 04:10   Link #3662
AP24

I'm guessing the third season anime will mainly cover Vol 13-15. But some parts of Vol 17 will be included in the season as part of Vol 13-15's story, like how the part where Kojou obtained the 1st Kenjuu in Vol 10 was made as part of Vol 11's story in the second season anime.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 09:57   Link #3663
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I'm guessing the third season anime will mainly cover Vol 13-15. But some parts of Vol 17 will be included in the season as part of Vol 13-15's story, like how the part where Kojou obtained the 1st Kenjuu in Vol 10 was made as part of Vol 11's story in the second season anime.
The second season was rather compressed and questionably paced. I'd like to think that they have the budget now for a full twelve episodes to tell the story in a more evenly-paced manner.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 11:44   Link #3664
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
The second season was rather compressed and questionably paced. I'd like to think that they have the budget now for a full twelve episodes to tell the story in a more evenly-paced manner.
Vol 13 to 15 together is like one huge arc so I would say they can cover it in 3+3+4 episodes instead. I want to see Vol 7-8 adapted but it's unlikely. We have to wait for the first episodes's title to know which volume the third season will start from.
Old 2018-03-14, 12:07   Link #3665
Mazryonh

Quote:
Vol 13 to 15 together is like one huge arc so I would say they can cover it in 3+3+4 episodes instead. I want to see Vol 7-8 adapted but it's unlikely. We have to wait for the first episodes's title to know which volume the third season will start from.
10 episodes instead of the previous season's 8? That might work.

Volumes 7 and 8 are supposed to be Kojou's origin story, so assuming the series continues to sell well, could we get a Kizumonogatari setup with one or two prequel movies telling how Kojou became the Fourth Progenitor?

Still, the best thing about this OVA season announcement is that they waited until Risa Taneda and Hosoya Yoshimasa were both recovered enough to work on StB again. I missed Risa Taneda's voice work as Erina Nakiri in Shokugeki no Soma's third season and as Mashu Kyrielight in Fate/Grand Order.
Old 2018-03-14, 12:12   Link #3666
Estzero1

Imagine how stupid it would be not to cover some origins, especially since the tease right at the beginning of the anime.
This movie theory sounds good to me. That definitely could work.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 21:23   Link #3667
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Imagine how stupid it would be not to cover some origins, especially since the tease right at the beginning of the anime.
This movie theory sounds good to me. That definitely could work.
Sure, an origin movie or two for Kojou could work IF it could bring in enough cash. It's certainly not going to bring in Kizumonogatari levels of ticket and disc sales (and it would be foolish for an animation or LN publishing studio exec to expect it to), but frankly most of the Monogatari series is built on introspective wordplay, mystery solving, and such, so not much happens outside of the immediate sphere of the protagonist, "waifu" characters, and villains. The minor characters even, on the rare occasions they are even seen in the Monogatari series, often end up just as cardboard cutouts! StB at least shows what happens when the main characters' actions affect the world at large.

We do know that just like in Kizumonogatari, the main protagonist in StB gained his powers from a blonde vampiress.
Old 2018-03-15, 02:39   Link #3668
AP24

Can't believe I didn't notice this before but Yukina had become a high school girl starting from Vol 17. You can tell from the slight change in her uniform.
Old 2018-03-15, 07:57   Link #3669
zztop

Just to keep track of the LNs and which volumes the anime/OVAs covered:

TV series - Vol 1-6
Kingdom of Valkyria OVA, 2 eps - original story
STBII OVA, 8 eps - Vol 9 (eps 1-3), Vol 11 (eps 4-5), Vol 12 (eps 6-8).

Unadapted stuff so far - Vol 7-8 (Kojou's origin story), Vol 10, Vol 13-18 (18 is latest).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 20:20   Link #3670
AP24

Here's how Kojou got the remaining kenjuus after LN Vol 12.

The 10th kenjuu was not in Kojou's body at first but it was later given to him in Vol 13. Kojou used it after sucking blood from Yukina and Yuiri.

The 6th kenjuu was not in Kojou's body at first. In Vol 15, it was entrusted to Yukina and then transferred to Kojou after he sucked her blood.

The 8th Kenjuu was the last one remaining in Kojou's body. He was able to use it after sucking Asagi's blood.

The 12th Kenjuu is the only one Kojou hasn't obtained since the resurrected Avrora still has it.

I think sucking Avrora's blood is how Kojou will obtain the 12th kenjuu. Looking forward to see the scene of Kojou sucking Asagi's blood in the anime third season.
Old 2018-03-15, 20:24   Link #3671
Estzero1

Quote:
Looking forward to see the scene of Kojou sucking Asagi's blood in the anime third season.
Who doesn't .

Old 2018-03-16, 07:28   Link #3672
tsunade666

Asagi's blood getting sucked would probably animate, they skipped the origin part where the chaos bride shows up and goes straight to the other volumes where new kenjuu was being shown.
Old 2018-03-16, 07:46   Link #3673
Sacredus

Quote:
Looking forward to see the scene of Kojou sucking Asagi's blood in the anime third season.
Plot twist, they will change scenario so Kojou would suck Yukina's blood.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 08:03   Link #3674
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Plot twist, they will change scenario so Kojou would suck Yukina's blood.
If that i will Kamehameha their studio . Seriously i lost track of this series for a very long time, so i want to ask, did Yuiri in the harem or MC just sucking her for the sake of........... sucking blood of a fresh new characters
Old 2018-03-16, 09:26   Link #3675
Mirable
ミラベル

Yukina's blood must be very special, Kajou got more than half of kenjuus by only suck her blood.

I always wonder why author bother made Kojou suck other girl's blood? it doesn't require Kojou to suck different girl's blood to unlock his kenjuus, i mean what's the point?

If Yukina can unlock most of Kojou's Kenjuu then author should just makes Kojou suck only her blood, it would save author a lot of time.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 09:44   Link #3676
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Yukina's blood must be very special, Kajou got more than half of kenjuus by only suck her blood.

I always wonder why author bother made Kojou suck other girl's blood? it doesn't require Kojou to suck different girl's blood to unlock his kenjuus, i mean what's the point?

If Yukina can unlock most of Kojou's Kenjuu then author should just makes Kojou suck only her blood, it would save author a lot of time.
The Kenjuu has to wake up within Kojou first, and Yukina simply wasn't around for some of those situations.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 10:25   Link #3677
AP24

Just how important are Grenda, Yuiri and Yuuma as of now since the author made them as some of the girls that got their blood sucked by Kojou? I would have preferred Natsuki and Kiriha instead. Although Kojou might suck their blood in the future for sonething else other than unlocking Kenjuu's power.
Old 2018-03-16, 10:46   Link #3678
Estzero1

Quote:
I would have preferred Natsuki and Kiriha instead. Although Kojou might suck their blood in the future for sonething else other than unlocking Kenjuu's power.
Mhm, I don't care that much Natsuki ( regarding the bloodsucking) but Kiriha on the other hand is kinda sad. There is nothing left for her. Why introduce the character in the first place when there is nothing in mind for her.

Old 2018-03-17, 09:57   Link #3679
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Mhm, I don't care that much Natsuki ( regarding the bloodsucking) but Kiriha on the other hand is kinda sad. There is nothing left for her. Why introduce the character in the first place when there is nothing in mind for her.
Just well, adding new girl for the sake of uhm.................. introduce a fresh, new girl
So Cain still not out yet, it is all hype up about the 4th primogenitor vs the evil god
Old 2018-03-19, 11:21   Link #3680
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post

I think once again the Yukina-obsessed editor is to blame for making her the character Kojou most often sinks his teeth into. That editor might be the same person who is mentioned to have said that the 3rd season will cover up to Volume 17 of the light novel. Now if only he or his superiors would get it into their heads that making StB merchandise for more characters than Yukina would result in more sales, then we might not have to deal with the overfocus on her.

Quote:
Kiriha is unique among the female StB characters with her aesthetic and attitude, but if what you say is true then I guess she was only introduced to be a minor antagonist and eye candy. Too bad she doesn't contribute to Kojou's familiars.

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires