AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 11:10   Link #61
Serphirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
[
Thanks to Yaraon/2ch, we have more details. Chuunibyou will be a TV series. The supervisor will be Tatsuya Ishihara, the supervisor of the Key works and the Haruhi series. Series composition will be done by Jukki Hanada, who composed the Nichijou and Steins;Gate anime adaptations last spring. Chief Animation Director/Character Designs: Kazumi Ikeda, the Chief character designer/animation director for the Key works and animation director for shows like Haruhi. Background art, as always, is supervised by Mutsuo Shinohara.

My guess: we'll see this on the air in Fall 2012.
HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Just ironic, the Staff to with which all dreamed for LB! and probably in the same season that the same one, and produced by one of the most polemic studios lately (JC).

...(sigh~)

I will only say the following thing...
JC Staff, work hard dude (pat on the back, with an incisive smile on my face)

or
Serphirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:41   Link #62
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This trash is a waste of Ishihara's talent and of KyoAni's time generally.
I wonder if it will sell...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 03:33   Link #63
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

4 & 3. Hey, looks like they do update on weekends after all. So countdown ends Tuesday not Thursday.

Images
4 & 3
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 06:14   Link #64
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
4 & 3. Hey, looks like they do update on weekends after all. So countdown ends Tuesday not Thursday.

Images
4 & 3
Posted 4 earlier in the thread. Today was interesting as they had updated the encouragement comments at 9:30, but it looks like that was reverted back to "Kurisu"'s illustration later. Usually they don't update on the weekends, but this may be an exception. Oh well, more Rikka is always good!

Edit: found a summary of Ishihara's points from the Newtype article:
  • There's a lot of original components in this series
  • They're only using the first novel as a base. There's not enough to animate by itself, thus they're adding to the story
  • While the setting is fictional, they did some location scouting somewhere. Maybe the identity will come out soon.
  • There's a surprise planned like Haruhi's shuffling episodes
  • While Yuuta has already been cast, they're still auditioning for the female cast. They wanted new talent in this one.
One mild spoiler comment that wouldn't fit in the format:
Spoiler for mild spoiler regarding the novel:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-07-07 at 19:31.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 04:45   Link #65
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I smell Kadokawa/Haruhi style marketing methods for this franchise.

2:

/
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-07-08, 07:08   Link #66
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I smell Kadokawa/Haruhi style marketing methods for this franchise.
If that's so: may Haruhi have mercy on our souls! Let us pray for no more endless eight
Old 2012-07-08, 09:13   Link #67
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
2:

Images
Interesting key pics...

Last edited by boggart; 2012-07-08 at 09:15. Reason: Sorry, not thinking straight...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 10:14   Link #68
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

She looks kind of squat there...
Old 2012-07-08, 14:54   Link #69
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Edit: found a summary of Ishihara's points from the Newtype article:
  • There's a lot of original components in this series
  • They're only using the first novel as a base. There's not enough to animate by itself, thus they're adding to the story
  • While the setting is fictional, they did some location scouting somewhere. Maybe the identity will come out soon.
  • There's a surprise planned like Haruhi's shuffling episodes
  • While Yuuta has already been cast, they're still auditioning for the female cast. They wanted new talent in this one.
Having experienced the airing of both Haruhi 2006 and 2009, I tried but can't honestly say I like the sound of this. Ah well, at least this time around they do give us few months to mentally prepare ourselves. Still, thanks to this particular statement, my anticipation for this series has instantly dropped by 40%.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 15:12   Link #70
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Having experienced the airing of both Haruhi 2006 and 2009, I tried but can't honestly say I like the sound of this. Ah well, at least this time around they do give us few months to mentally prepare ourselves. Still, thanks to this particular statement, my anticipation for this series has instantly dropped by 40%.
Ishihara didn't say what the surprise was, but it's doubtful they'll have shuffling episodes. Given that the plot of the novel is straightforward and they can't repeat episodes with it, there won't be a repeat of Endless Eight. I have some ideas what it could be, but we'll see what happens.

Old 2012-07-08, 16:08   Link #71
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Ishihara didn't say what the surprise was, but it's doubtful they'll have shuffling episodes. Given that the plot of the novel is straightforward and they can't repeat episodes with it, there won't be a repeat of Endless Eight. I have some ideas what it could be, but we'll see what happens.
I hope you're right, but if you have some idea of what's gonna happen, then it wouldn't be that much of a surprise would it? From my personal experience, Kodokawa/Kyoani are the type company that would rarely give what fans expect the most(e.g. Haruhi 2009 = Disapearence), but will more likely surprise you with something you least expect (e.g. E8 x 8). Actually, the fact that they told you in advance that they are going to surprise you is already a surprise in itself which lead to creating hype among fans. Just because I lower my expectation doesn't mean I won't be following the series. It actually helps if this so called surprise turns out to be not as bad as one imagine.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:36   Link #72
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if it be funny if they had a show within a show the characters watched?

And that show was The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya.
(or SENSEI! NINOMIYA-KUN!)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-07-08 at 21:15.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 02:20   Link #73
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The only things that have me interested are the "surprise" and the fact that they won't be adapting the second book (and thus avoiding the love triangle in its entirety).
It's still generic light novel trash though, and I have my doubts that even KyoAni can save it. Keep in mind that their good series also all have good source material, and this... yeah.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 03:41   Link #74
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

1:

"From tomorrow onwards I'll get serious!"

/
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-07-09, 03:44   Link #75
Skane
Anime Snark

I pity the other two characters for not getting any attention.

Natch.
Old 2012-07-10, 02:12   Link #76
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

The official site updated today with a new logo, new key visual, character designs, staff comments, and confirmation that this will air in Fall 2012! Nothing big in the staff comments, but I feel better about having Ishihara/Hanada on board.

Also, here's the summation of countdown images:
Images

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-07-10 at 02:37.
Old 2012-07-10, 02:46   Link #77
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
-snip-
She really got serious didn't she?

And also, Yukiko Horiguchi (K-On!, Lucky Star animation director) decides to throw in an encouragement picture today(Though it looks like it was drawn last December):
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-07-10, 02:59   Link #78
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
She really got serious didn't she?

And also, Yukiko Horiguchi (K-On!, Lucky Star animation director) decides to throw in an encouragement picture today(Though it looks like it was drawn last December):
That quote made me laugh when they used it yesterday. I knew something like this would happen. Quite the interesting picture to use for their first key visual.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the encouragement pictures/comments were drawn/written in December and they've spread them out until now. That'd make sense and provide something else to do while prepping for Hyouka.

Old 2012-07-10, 03:14   Link #79
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

im confused, somewhere there was a sunnary about this beign nothing else than a love comedy, but these images seem to show that this have at least action of some sort, or is that just trolling?, i really haven't found the past works of kyoani as good as what they did till clannad, but i cant deny they're the best animation around, the thing is great animation of people sitting and talking is a really a shame.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:17   Link #80
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm confused as well. I really have no idea what this anime is about. The initial website images weren't anything like this either.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen