AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-14, 02:12   Link #18361
tsunade666

if you combine heavy object, index, and zashiki warashi. That's at least 1.2k of pages and if you add simple questionnaire which is probably around 400 pages too then you get 1.6k of pages. Close to Horizon if you ask me.

And I don't want to see index that thick -_- hayate and teh_ping bro will quit on it. Ping_bro already said when I joke around that the next volume of index will be around 800, he said then it's time to quit. And even hayate or js06 won't translate a book as thick as horizon.
Old 2012-05-14, 03:49   Link #18362
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
so if i'm right, the kamachi release schedule is:

2012‎年‎5‎月‎10日 - The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village (インテリビレッジの座敷童)
2012‎年‎6月‎10日 - Heavy Object 6: The Road to the Third Generation (ヘヴィーオブジェクト第三世代への道)
2012‎年‎7月‎10日 - A Simple Survey (簡単なアンケートです)

july is simply not possible, because they won't release 2 kamachi titles at once. not to mention there's no way they'd release SAO and Index at the same time.

earliest possible for Index is August, then.
Heavy Object is up to 6 now? o_O I've only finished 3...

I really need to go look the rest of them up...
Old 2012-05-14, 04:14   Link #18363
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Now it's about 2-3 books to read per month with the other series around included, darn it's like doing homework ... I'm starting to really feel bad for those who translate the things. And, now I'm sure js06 is a computer infected by Kamachi.exe too (-w-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Mikoto confessing.

To Accelerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
i remember someone asking for it so... more zashiki warashi pics.

Spoiler:
GAWD!! Thanks!! Now, my screen and keyboard are sprayed with liquid!! don't worry it's the just coffee I spit out due to the sudden shock
Old 2012-05-14, 04:28   Link #18364
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ Now it's about 2-3 books to read per month with the other series around included, darn it's like doing homework ... I'm starting to really feel bad for those who translate the things. And, now I'm sure js06 is a computer infected by Kamachi.exe too (-w-)
It's funny to think that Kamachi would eventually be writing books faster than people can translate them Imagine per year we get 3 Index, 2 Object, and a possible 2 ZW and 2 Survey...
Old 2012-05-14, 04:36   Link #18365
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's funny to think that Kamachi would eventually be writing books faster than people can translate them Imagine per year we get 3 Index, 2 Object, and a possible 2 ZW and 2 Survey...
LOL strangely, I can easily imagine it ... reminds about how someone said that half of the Light Novels circulating in the market will be his if it continues like this

Quote:
>Freyja wants to make it a threesome, but Waltraute forcibly makes her leave.
>After the armor is removed, only 8 of the 10 attachments on the knife were used.
>The boy tries out the 9th and tentacles come out and wrap around Waltraute's body.
>He tries the 10th and the tentacles start vibrating.
>Afterwards, Waltraute rains lightning down on the underground world the dwarf lives in.
da fawq?!
Old 2012-05-14, 05:54   Link #18366
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if you combine heavy object, index, and zashiki warashi. That's at least 1.2k of pages and if you add simple questionnaire which is probably around 400 pages too then you get 1.6k of pages. Close to Horizon if you ask me.

And I don't want to see index that thick -_- hayate and teh_ping bro will quit on it. Ping_bro already said when I joke around that the next volume of index will be around 800, he said then it's time to quit. And even hayate or js06 won't translate a book as thick as horizon.
That's because I already have my platter full of stuff. I'm not Kamachi lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

I need to update the series.

Quote:
Dengeki Bunko will be divided into two departments, the Kamachi department and the non-Kamachi department.
Old 2012-05-14, 14:45   Link #18367
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Out of all kamachi's novels i think Index is the only one i'll still read.

The others seem to perverted. The demon girl gamer one doesn't because I haven't read the summary like i saw for waltrude.......god dammit kamachi, you lowered yourself to vibrating tentacles and older women with little boys?
Old 2012-05-14, 16:40   Link #18368
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

The others seem to perverted. The demon girl gamer one doesn't because I haven't read the summary like i saw for waltrude.......god dammit kamachi, you lowered yourself to vibrating tentacles and older women with little boys?
When there is demand, there is supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Dengeki Bunko will be divided into two departments, the Kamachi department and the non-Kamachi department.
And we still don't know Kamachi's face. Do we even know his age / gender (female Kamachi?)?
Old 2012-05-14, 16:50   Link #18369
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Oh please, as if you're the paragon of moral sexual standards to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
And we still don't know Kamachi's face. Do we even know his age / gender (female Kamachi?)?
The only thing we know is that he's "delicately sports-minded" (from Haimura Kiyotaka) and that he's "younger than expected" (from Takemiya Yuyuko, Toradora's author)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-05-14 at 17:00.
Old 2012-05-14, 18:57   Link #18370
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Oh please, as if you're the paragon of moral sexual standards to begin with.
I'm not but I think Kamachi can do better than that for a story.
Old 2012-05-14, 19:07   Link #18371
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Close to finishing up NT 2. But boy, seeing how many works Kamachi is doing at once sure is starting to worry me. Hope it doesn't get to the point where he really burns himself out with this much work.
Old 2012-05-14, 19:39   Link #18372
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I think Waltraute is more like a "for-fun" novel. Besides, he's just trying another approach at writing. VERSATILITY, my friend.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-14, 20:58   Link #18373
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Close to finishing up NT 2. But boy, seeing how many works Kamachi is doing at once sure is starting to worry me. Hope it doesn't get to the point where he really burns himself out with this much work.
He likes writing so probably not.
Old 2012-05-14, 20:59   Link #18374
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Quote:
I think Waltraute is more like a "for-fun" novel. Besides, he's just trying another approach at writing. VERSATILITY, my friend.
Yeah, diversifying like this might give him the writing experience needed for when he steps up Touma and Mikoto's relationship
Old 2012-05-14, 21:02   Link #18375
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Quote:
Yeah, diversifying like this might give him the writing experience needed for when he steps up Touma and Mikoto's relationship
Erm, I'm almost certain this is one of those things that he really wants to try but couldn't fit in the Index world That goes for all the other novels as well.
Old 2012-05-14, 21:21   Link #18376
Reality Breaker

Hey guys, a question. What are "imaginary" vectors? And what other abilities does Angel/Darkwing Accelerator have?
Old 2012-05-14, 21:37   Link #18377
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker View Post
Hey guys, a question. What are "imaginary" vectors? And what other abilities does Angel/Darkwing Accelerator have?
It's not an official term, it's something that someone here coined a long time ago before the novel had been translated. Sometimes also referred to as 'Unknown Vectors'.

It basically refers to the scene in Vol 15 where Accelerator defeated the Number 2 using vectors and energies that they couldn't explain, or rather shouldn't be able to.

To try and picture it, think of it as like the difference between 'Imaginary Number' as oppose to a 'Real Number'.... Yeah, I think...

Personally, I took it to mean that the vector goes through a higher dimensional plane (5 and above).
Old 2012-05-15, 03:52   Link #18378
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker View Post
The closest I can think of would be z=a+bi, where i^2=-1. i= root (-1) can't be shown in the real world, but i^2 does exist.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:32   Link #18379
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That's another way to put it- It can't be shown in the real world, but it technically still exist.

(Who would have thought Secondary School Math would actually paid off?)
Old 2012-05-15, 06:37   Link #18380
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I need to update the series.
Went and looked, nobody seems to have Chinese versions of Heavy Object past the 3rd volume ;_;

Even Tieba seems to not be touching this with a rough translation... guess I'm really spoiled by them doing Mahouka and Highschool DxD while the 'pros' (lightnovel.cn) were otherwise occupied
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen