AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-01-23, 16:16   Link #7121
kari-no-sugata II

Arachne comes up 17 times in the first 4 books (yes I counted). After all that, would be odd for it not to happen. Besides, Arachne version is about as popular as full human version, looking at the fan art. More Arachne would be good

On a somewhat related note, I happened to re-read this chapter last night:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111 delicious cuisine
I want to eat something sweet.
[Ah, I want to eat chocolate]
{Although there might be no chocolate, fruit will do... }
Aaah, although I have never thought about it up until now, I can't already.
[My body wants sugar!]
{When Body-in-charge says it, I will be troubled because it sounds real}
Yosh.
Let's aim at Arachne earnestly.
[Ah. Well, it becomes so]
{When you think of taking communication with human being}
After all, do you want to eat only monsters until death?
[I don't want that!]
{I want to eat delicious things!}
Right?
The cuisine made by the human being should be more delicious than a raw monster!
I will stop being a spider!
[Arachne is also a spider]
{But, even if we became an Arachne, can we communicate with human being?}
We'll use our spirit there.
{Recall my low communication ability}
[Hey, I can't remember my last conversation with human being when I was a human being...]
In the first place, when was the last conversation?
{Long ago to the extent that I can't remember}
[Am I all right?]
W-With spirit.
{I mean, can the people here understand Japanese?}
Ah.
[Ah]
{The future seems to be full of troubles}
I want to see a shy and awkward Arachne try to buy/beg some food
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 17:30   Link #7122
Obstendro

Even when she become god shiro can take her arachne form right?
I think we never see her take this form since she's a god appart in the beginning
Obstendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 00:00   Link #7123
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obstendro View Post
Even when she become god shiro can take her arachne form right?
I think we never see her take this form since she's a god appart in the beginning
Shiro, as far as I know, is still an Arachne. Just like how Kuro is still a dragon. They both just use a purely human looking form because it's more convenient for what they're doing.

When Shiro sleeps in her web cocoons, she reverts back to her Arachne appearance.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 07:28   Link #7124
kari-no-sugata II

When Shiro first woke up as a god she was in "human" form so it would probably be better to describe her form as "human" (or humanoid) but with a translation function that allows her to take an Arachne form (and maybe others).

IIRC we haven't seen her Arachne form since Sophia saw Shiro wake up on that first morning.
Old 2017-01-24, 12:00   Link #7125
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
When Shiro first woke up as a god she was in "human" form so it would probably be better to describe her form as "human" (or humanoid) but with a translation function that allows her to take an Arachne form (and maybe others).

IIRC we haven't seen her Arachne form since Sophia saw Shiro wake up on that first morning.
We also haven't seen anyone watch her sleep since then. I'm betting she still reverts to Arachne form.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 12:02   Link #7126
EvilSociopath323

Yeah, I wondered how she's sleeping now. I doubt that she has a nest made out of webs in her room so maybe she sleeps now in a bed. As if she was a human.

Well in a broad sense she is human. Spiders can't speak language nor posses human-like intelligence nor have an understanding of human relationships like she actually does. There really isn't much left in her of that classroom spider. or rather the existence of a spider is just that small...

I guess though that one of the themes of her character is that she slowly becomes more human-like.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 07:45   Link #7127
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
We also haven't seen anyone watch her sleep since then. I'm betting she still reverts to Arachne form.
I suspect it would depend on where she's sleeping. That first night they were sleeping outdoors, so for Shiro who was used to doing such things it would probably be more natural to continue to do what she used to do in the past. In the times when they stayed in an inn, there were no comments about her making a nest or sleeping outside so I'm guessing she slept on a bed, like the others.

I couldn't find any references to Shiro discussing making a nest after that or specifics about how she slept. However, there was one chapter where she specifically woke up on a bed after getting drunk. So there is a distinct lack of info.

Given that she is (more or less) lying low, once she's living at Balto's mansion I would guess she makes sure not to reveal her Arachne form. So I would guess that by now she is used to sleeping in human form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
Yeah, I wondered how she's sleeping now. I doubt that she has a nest made out of webs in her room so maybe she sleeps now in a bed. As if she was a human.

Well in a broad sense she is human. Spiders can't speak language nor posses human-like intelligence nor have an understanding of human relationships like she actually does. There really isn't much left in her of that classroom spider. or rather the existence of a spider is just that small...

I guess though that one of the themes of her character is that she slowly becomes more human-like.
While she is becoming more human-like she does self-identify as a spider still and her "clones" are in the forum of spiders. If she does have some kind of high-end "final" battle (eg with Kuro) I wouldn't be surprised if she uses a spider form at some point.
Old 2017-01-25, 09:42   Link #7128
J4n1

Shiro does not need to make a nest to sleep in, she can carry one in subspace, or teleport to a specific location at will.
For all we know, she might spend most nights sleeping in Japan at D's.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 12:53   Link #7129
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Whatever human-like she become, the root is still a spider. Some of noticeable thing were she could still laying her eggs to make clones and the fact that her eyes have 8 pupils.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 07:59   Link #7130
EvilSociopath323

I doubt that this guess would actually come true but the elf woman on the cover, I think it's not just simply Potimas' clone but an anti-demon Gloria cyborg. We might see a fight between Potimas and Sophia. Now that would be kinda cool.

Oh, just noticed that the thing Kumo is holding on the cover is an apple (or a kurikuta fruit but it looks just like an apple). So it wasn't an energy core after all.

Last edited by EvilSociopath323; 2017-01-27 at 16:19.
Old 2017-01-29, 17:56   Link #7131
kari-no-sugata II

This actually should have been done long ago, but I've created a thread for the manga:
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=146935

So any discussion of the manga should be done over there
Old 2017-01-31, 11:09   Link #7132
Breimn

Finally we start with lava arc. Fight against the fire dragon is getting close. I wonder how good artist will make it.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 11:56   Link #7133
kari-no-sugata II

Yup, things are literally heating up... but please take it to the dedicated manga thread

Let's spread the word (faith?) to a whole new class of readers!

edit Realised I should be a bit less pedantic Discussing the manga with reference to future events (ie spoilers) should be fine here, since we shouldn't be discussing such things in the manga thread. So yeah, discussing how the fire dragon is going to look is fine here. I'm actually more curious how the artist is going to visualise the Parallel Wills, once we get there.

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2017-01-31 at 13:13.
Old 2017-02-01, 14:41   Link #7134
kari-no-sugata II

TV advert for latest releases...

Old 2017-02-01, 17:53   Link #7135
Breimn

aaaaaaaaaa Arachne confirmed!
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 18:08   Link #7136
kari-no-sugata II

Well, kinda...

It's sort of saying "if you were expecting a beautiful monster girl, think again"... but it could be a sort of troll...
Old 2017-02-02, 07:45   Link #7137
kari-no-sugata II

To be clear, I am expecting Arachne evolution to occur in LN5. If the author adds quite a lot of new content then it could appear towards the end, otherwise it would be around the middle and we could even get the "final evolution". What's less clear is whether we'll get a nice pic of Arachne form, particularly of her face.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the "battlefield" battle is the epic battle of LN5 and that LN5 ends with Ronant leaving with the Hero, shortly after Arachne evolution. In which case, probably the "worshipped as a god / Divine Beast" section will be extended quite a bit.
Old 2017-02-02, 07:51   Link #7138
kari-no-sugata II

Here's something I noticed last night, from the chapter "The previous Sword Emperor" (the old guy Wrath fought).

Quote:
I arrived at this country of the interstice immediately after I handed over the Sword Emperor title to my son. I couldn't find any reason in fighting against Demons, despite always being on the front-lines. Why do Humans and Demons continue fighting? There is no answer to my question. If I had time to think about this question that doesn't even have an answer, I would rather wield my sword and kill enemies.

However, one of my apprentice becomes the Hero, and the Demons didn't attacked after he went over to the Demons territory alone. He was also a man who lost the meaning to fight similar to me. And, although I don't know how he did it, the war was stopped temporarily.

Only a very small number of humans including me who knows that he went to the Demons territory. That's why, there were a lot of people who had distrust towards the Demons that suddenly became quiet. There were many voices that say that it's necessary to take advantage of this opportunity. However, I wanted to bet on him. That he would put an end to the history of the Humans and the Demons who continued fighting.

But, I can never see the result. Although I have confidence in my sword skills, I'm weak when it comes to politics. The battle disappeared, the position of the civil officer began to become stronger than the military officer, and an incompetent man who can only swing the sword like me was not needed.
Compare this to the LN timeline (from end of LN4):
Quote:
Year 804: Hero Dalthsmeig goes missing.

Year 807: In the Rengzand Empire, Sword Emperor Reigar abdicates. Rahgis is enthroned in replacement. Ronant becomes an advisor.
So this is probably referring to the same people. Ie Dalthsmeig is the old guy's apprentice.

Just a minor thing, but I thought it was interesting.
Old 2017-02-02, 10:02   Link #7139
EvilSociopath323

I think that there might be a different reason to the author postponing the release of the web novel version of the elf battle. In the LN version there might be some reveals that weren't made in the web novel yet and the author might want to show them first in the LN to get a boost in sales. maybe that is.

On a different note though. It would be so fucked up if Kuro betrayed Shiro while she'll be fighting Potimas in the village. We know that he knows about the 'stripping of skills' from Oka. He just might connect the dots that Shiro might be the main suspect besides Potimas. He might have suspected Shiro might do something from the start. From his perspective, well from the perspective of anyone who doesn't know Shiro what she does seems pretty evil so unless he can read her mind he might think she might turn out evil.

So he could use the battle with the elves to exhaust Shiro and finish her off after Potimas is defeated and she's weakened. I doubt she would suspect him to betray her but if Kuro confirms right after Potimas is defeated if the death announcement Oka's skill is displaying still says that the reincarnators will die then he might conclude that it will be Shiro's doing, hence giving him a proper reason to fight. Even if it is Kuro we're talking about he said himself that if he can't agree with Shiro he would oppose her even against Sariels wishes so this might not be impossible.

Last edited by EvilSociopath323; 2017-02-02 at 10:15.
Old 2017-02-02, 10:38   Link #7140
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
I think that there might be a different reason to the author postponing the release of the web novel version of the elf battle. In the LN version there might be some reveals that weren't made in the web novel yet and the author might want to show them first in the LN to get a boost in sales. maybe that is.
I rather doubt it. The WN series was supposed to be finished last year for a start. Also, the WN continuity and LN continuity are different. I also doubt such things would make much of a difference to sales - for a start, it would have to be advertised as such.

Quote:
On a different note though. It would be so fucked up if Kuro betrayed Shiro while she'll be fighting Potimas in the village. We know that he knows about the 'stripping of skills' from Oka. He just might connect the dots that Shiro might be the main suspect besides Potimas. He might have suspected Shiro might do something from the start. From his perspective, well from the perspective of anyone who doesn't know Shiro what she does seems pretty evil so unless he can read her mind he might think she might turn out evil.

So he could use the battle with the elves to exhaust Shiro and finish her off after Potimas is defeated and she's weakened. I doubt she would suspect him to betray her but if Kuro confirms right after Potimas is defeated if the death announcement Oka's skill is displaying still says that the reincarnators will die then he might conclude that it will be Shiro's doing, hence giving him a proper reason to fight. Even if it is Kuro we're talking about he said himself that if he can't agree with Shiro he would oppose her even against Sariels wishes so this might not be impossible.
Well, it's possible. Certainly if he was going to do something he would wait until Potimas is dead. Though how the whole elf village war will actually go is anybody's guess - Potimas seems to believe that he can kill a god and Shiro's been setting up failure flags a lot lately (by saying that they can't lose)

However, one thing to bear in mind is that Kuro has been acting dumb for a while. He probably already realised that Shiro's method would result in a lot of deaths. If it looks like things will be even worse than he expected then he could change his mind. But I doubt Shiro will be surprised to be fighting Kuro - she's been planning for the possibility for years.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation