AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-06-11, 05:36   Link #1621
azarhal

How to make a breather episode and then realize you lack the time to finish the storyline so you just speed through the info dump and character scenes.

All Schwarzette is going to be piloted by Suletta predictions were wrong! But how could we know that she was going to
Spoiler for ....:

Without surprised, Peil jumped ship to the SAL.

Miorine was voted President of the group, which means the kids have been stuck in a destroyed school for 9+ days in refugee camps.WTF! She's very depressed and not really taking charge too. Girl is not made for this. Sarius is still the best dad/CEO around thought. Can he be put in charge please? The only reasonable adult in this show really.

Suletta told her friends and Guston/Bel about her family history. <= this is everyone faces

Now I really wonder what is the "world" Prospera wants to build for Eri, because it seems everyone will just try to destroy them and Eri will just kill everyone that tries. Which doesn't bode well for Earth House, because everyone wants to join Suletta on her SAL proposed suicide mission now...

Lauda is such a bro-con, is it an improvement that he moved from Suletta to Miorine for his misplaced anger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
so what’s the real motive of Quiet Zero?
Exactly what Delling/Notrette wanted to do with it: scare the shit out of everyone and murder them if necessary. It's a beehive of drones controlled by Aerial, who you know, really likes killing people.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 05:52   Link #1622
fukarming

Am I the only person who is cheering for Prospera? She is the only one that has had a clear goal since day 1, works hard towards it, performs reasonable, logical actions, and finally achieves what she works hard for. It is just plain sad to see she will get defeated in a few episodes.

Besides, thinking about it, Prospera is actually the main, titular character - she IS the witch from Mercury.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 06:06   Link #1623
Key Board
Carbon

The original Tempest Prospero wasn't really defeated. IIRC

He just gave up on revenge. And I think that's still possible because Gundam has space communication magic.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 06:41   Link #1624
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If, after this incident, Prospera still wants Mio to be the president to help with the Quiet Zero project then she just did such a weird act to support it.

If, after this incident, she doesn't need Mio anymore & her Quiet Zero is revealed to be already complete then I guess she did a job well done destroying all those Lfriths after a free ride from Benerit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, that was smooth Prospera. So smooth. So your QZ has been completed after all. And now what's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Gotta say though. Gundam Caliban, while being a very appropriate name for someone who intends to oppose Prospera, felt like something that came out of nowhere compared to Schwarzette. Maybe it's side story material but still. Oh well
Logically speaking, nobody is privy about everything that SAL confiscated from Vanadis because it was irrelevant to the plot until this point. They must've confiscated a lot of things yet Caliban is mentioned here coz they really need an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
a secret Gundam seized from Vanadis 21+ years ago with zero built up for!

A Gundam even Belmeria think is going to murder its pilot because it has no filters for the data storm.
You'll be surprised at how many Gundams mechas that Gundam shows just casually introduced without much fanfare. The Caliban build up starting from this episode is actually much better than the likes of Providence Gundam, Akatsuki Gundam & Reborns Gundam

And for those who want to protest by saying "But an upgrade Gundam for the protag must be build up!!" well, let me guide you straight to:
Zeta Gundam
Gundam ZZ (Double Zeta)
Gundam DX (Double X)
Freedom Gundam
00 QAN[T]
etc

Most of those upgrade Gundams suddenly appeared in an episode for the MC to take. It can be from the enemy's side or from the protag's side. At the end of the day, it's just an upgrade tech.
Old 2023-06-11, 06:41   Link #1625
azarhal

By the way, the new Gundam name is Calibarn. Japanese are saying the name is a play on Caliban + Caliburn (Excaliburn).

edit: The new Gundam is probably what Guston is asking to be moved to the Benerit HQ at the start of the episode. It's kinda weird thought since SAL wants to attack them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Am I the only person who is cheering for Prospera? She is the only one that has had a clear goal since day 1, works hard towards it, performs reasonable, logical actions, and finally achieves what she works hard for. It is just plain sad to see she will get defeated in a few episodes.

Besides, thinking about it, Prospera is actually the main, titular character - she IS the witch from Mercury.
Some people are calling her evil for what happens in this episode, despite it being self-defense (SAL attacked and shoot first). Also, looks like Delling did nothing wrong in the prologue, since SAL was about to do the same thing to Benerit. Well were, it's probably hard to do without a fleet now.

I do find it funny that Prospera/Aerial have yet to attack unarmed people or civilians by themselves or request such an attack. Also, she stopped the Benerit/SAL war right on its track in this episode. Quiet Zero is working exactly as Nortrette/Delling were planning.

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-06-11 at 07:17.
Old 2023-06-11, 07:19   Link #1626
Router25
World Connector. I think

Gundam Caliburn being the last surviving pre-Vanadis model seems to be a great threat to Prospera's plan and ties up why she destroyed the Lfriths of Orch Earth last episode.
Old 2023-06-11, 07:44   Link #1627
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All this talk about how Petra's death could be seen from a mile away and the episode opens with her being alive (albeit in a coma)

The opposite of what I was hoping happened: Miorine never showed any concern for Suletta because she was too busy wallowing in self-pity. She's been a huge disappointment those past few episodes.

On the other hand, Suletta has developed nicely. She isn't so dumb that she couldn't figure out Eri is the only one Prospera cares about after everything she was shown. She also knows her mother can't be talked down, this is a plan 20 years in the making so she won't change her mind that easily. That said, she still loves her because she raised her and wants to stop her, even if it means putting her own life in danger.

I thought Suletta would pilot Pharact since Schwarzette seemed reserved for Lauda to do stupid things, I wasn't counting on a last minute secret Gundam reveal. I guess the fact it has no filter against Data Storms is what will enable it to not get overridden by Eri? Either that or Suletta will need to reach Permet Score 8 with it, which is not impossible since she shares Eri's DNA.

I was hoping Lauda would rightfully blame Shaddiq but figured he would blame Suletta... and he ended up blaming Miorine for all his misfortune.
Old 2023-06-11, 08:03   Link #1628
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The opposite of what I was hoping happened: Miorine never showed any concern for Suletta because she was too busy wallowing in self-pity. She's been a huge disappointment those past few episodes.
IMO it's still in-character though. Overall, I think Mio generally has less tolerance on errors, especially the one that she made herself. The bigger her error is, the harder her mind falls. And there's no error like causing hundreds (if not thousands) of people to die.
Old 2023-06-11, 08:14   Link #1629
TheDoctor324

Great......so we're going Halo 5 in this show. Prospera becomes Cortana essentially (yes I know Cortana was an AI and prospera isn't) ugh this is what the gundnodes are for. It's gonna be the ultimate "submit or die" for the world and anyone who was already on her list is dead or soon will be.
TheDoctor324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 08:18   Link #1630
azarhal

Looks like Gundam Calibarn has a similar head to the MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam. Interesting choice.
Old 2023-06-11, 08:18   Link #1631
leongsh
Daijoubu!

So much fecal matter hit the fans, the janitorial department may even resign en masse rather than have to clean this whole mess up.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 08:32   Link #1632
Frontier

Man, Asticlassia is a wreck. I guess now the Spacians are living like what the Earthians have had to deal with this whole time. But Earth House is still doing what they can to help out and take care of everybody .

Miorine is an emotional wreck. She's still reeling from what happened on Earth (thank goodness she got out of there) and now she has to deal with the SAL's offensive and Prospera with no firm handle to grasp on. She needs Suletta now more than ever .

Petra lives! It's in critical condition, but they wouldn't have put her in that spot if she wasn't going to pull through otherwise she would've been left for dead .

I love how Shaddiq's Harem is chilling in their cells like nothing's changed for them. But they're as guilty of everything as Shaddiq is, and I lost any sympathy for them after how they used Norea, so I hope they all get the book thrown at them. No amount of "high ideals" Shaddiq believed in or how it was warped by his feelings for Miorine is going to make me change my mind .

Thank goodness the tomatoes survived !

I'm glad Martin and Nika were able to make up, and Nika is planning to turn herself in after all this is over, which makes sense. I hope they don't go too hard on her .

No surprise the Peil Hags would throw in with the SAL to save their own skin and get the credit for exposing the Benerit group, thus setting the stage for war .

Belmaria and the SAL guy clue in Suletta and Earth House about Quiet Zero, Suletta clues the gang in on her status as an Eri clone (and not her mothers' favorite daughter), and they all finally find out about Elan No. 4. About time, I say .

You thought Suletta would pilot the Schwarzette? Nope! She's going to pilot Gundam Calibarn, which they've been holding in reserve and is a "monster" compared to other Gundams. But knowing her sister bore the brunt of the curse of Gundam's for her, Suletta is prepared to bear with it herself if it means stopping her mother and her sister .

Yep, Quiet Zero is definitely Final Boss level. Just the base alone is like antagonist superweapon 101, it's got it's own mook force of efficient, unmanned, drones, and can control the Data Storm to deactivate any threats. And Prospera probably plans on turning this power against everyone. Do they even have a chance of stopping them ?

No. 5 was there the whole time!? I can't believe he went back to Earth House, basically. And he's joined up with the group so he can get away? What's he really after though? I'm half-tempted to think he's going to go with them, betray them, and hook up with Prospera so he can get back at the Peil Hags. And what is he even going to pilot if he won't get in the Pharact ?

Looks like it's up to Suletta and Earth House to stop Quiet Zero! Good luck gang, hope you survive the experience .

You thought Lauda was going to blame everything on his brother or Suletta? Nope! He's setting his sights on Miorine! So either he in the Schwarzette is going to fight Guel as he tries to protect Miorine, or he'll be Suletta's first opponent in the Calibarn !
Old 2023-06-11, 09:33   Link #1633
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
No. 5 was there the whole time!? I can't believe he went back to Earth House, basically. And he's joined up with the group so he can get away? What's he really after though? I'm half-tempted to think he's going to go with them, betray them, and hook up with Prospera so he can get back at the Peil Hags. And what is he even going to pilot if he won't get in the Pharact ?
I have a feeling that No. 5 wants to personally kill the Peil Hags.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 09:38   Link #1634
John117xCortana

I don't want anything bad to happen to Suletta, she's been through enough already.

Spoiler for spoiler:
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 10:00   Link #1635
azarhal

I've been wondering why they would have kept all of Shaddiq's girls alive and I'm now thinking that they are going to be recruited into Suletta's suicide mission. Note that my prediction for g-witch had like a 10% success rate so far. :P

SAL is sending a bunch of teenage Earthians to war actually. I understand that Earth House is "ride or die" with Suletta, but still....amazing decisions by the adults in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I don't want anything bad to happen to Suletta, she's been through enough already

Spoiler for spoiler:
The show might have more twists in the remaining episodes. There is one decision Caliban makes in the play that Suletta could very well do in the show.

And Prospera not thinking that someone would try to use Suletta against her is just too much of brain cramp to me.
Old 2023-06-11, 10:07   Link #1636
justavisitor

So much for SAL...got defeated in seconds XD

"Oh no, the adults can't stop the last boss, it's up to kids, probably they will control one ship, and one gundam, to stop the end game"--I sense gundam zz's vibe here
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 10:25   Link #1637
magnuskn

Geeze, SAL. Taken out like chumps.

Gotta say, at this point the show will probably end with Suletta taking care of a vegetable Miorine. Miorine definitely is reaching a breaking point, if she hasn't passed it yet. Bad personality trait, taking all the responsibility for basically everything bad which has happened on your shoulders and pushing all your friends away.
Old 2023-06-11, 10:36   Link #1638
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
All this talk about how Petra's death could be seen from a mile away and the episode opens with her being alive (albeit in a coma)

On the other hand, Suletta has developed nicely. She isn't so dumb that she couldn't figure out Eri is the only one Prospera cares about after everything she was shown. She also knows her mother can't be talked down, this is a plan 20 years in the making so she won't change her mind that easily. That said, she still loves her because she raised her and wants to stop her, even if it means putting her own life in danger.
Petra barely surviving could make her a potential candidate for Gundam Inc medical technology. The Vanadis promo tape in the prologue indicated it can replace just about any part of a person's body besides the brain.

Suletta really felt like she was in her element again at last. Which unfortunately means that a lot of people are constantly in danger or dying around her like on the Mercury mines. But she does have that confidence and stoic optimism back from the very first episode.

I also found it refreshing that Suletta doesn't think she can negotiate or convince Elnora at all but would like to talk to Eri again instead. Sounds like she thinks she can convince her big sister, but knows that Elnora won't and cannot be talked down, at least by anyone besides Eri.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 10:51   Link #1639
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I've been wondering why they would have kept all of Shaddiq's girls alive and I'm now thinking that they are going to be recruited into Suletta's suicide mission. Note that my prediction for g-witch had like a 10% success rate so far. :P

SAL is sending a bunch of teenage Earthians to war actually. I understand that Earth House is "ride or die" with Suletta, but still....amazing decisions by the adults in the room.
I think they'll probably need all the help they can get. Even without Quiet Zero shutting them down the GUND drones were making short work of the SAL forces so they'd probably need a competent and effective piloting team if they want to be able to get through and right now they only have Suletta, Chuchu, and No. 5.

I don't know if Guel will join them or be too busy dealing with his vengeful little brother.
Quote:
The show might have more twists in the remaining episodes. There is one decision Caliban makes in the play that Suletta could very well do in the show.

And Prospera not thinking that someone would try to use Suletta against her is just too much of brain cramp to me.
Honestly I think Prospera just kind of stopped thinking about Suletta after leaving her in space thinking she'd be happier at the school...which is totally not what happened. Like it's not like she even seems aware or bothered that the school was attacked and Suletta might be hurt.

All she cares about now are Eri and Quiet Zero. Even Suletta knows this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Geeze, SAL. Taken out like chumps.

Gotta say, at this point the show will probably end with Suletta taking care of a vegetable Miorine. Miorine definitely is reaching a breaking point, if she hasn't passed it yet. Bad personality trait, taking all the responsibility for basically everything bad which has happened on your shoulders and pushing all your friends away.
I'm wondering if we're even going to see Suletta and Miorine reunite at all at this right. Miorine could really use her but it seems like they're going to head straight to Quiet Zero. Suletta hasn't even talked about Miorine at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Petra barely surviving could make her a potential candidate for Gundam Inc medical technology. The Vanadis promo tape in the prologue indicated it can replace just about any part of a person's body besides the brain.

Suletta really felt like she was in her element again at last. Which unfortunately means that a lot of people are constantly in danger or dying around her like on the Mercury mines. But she does have that confidence and stoic optimism back from the very first episode.

I also found it refreshing that Suletta doesn't think she can negotiate or convince Elnora at all but would like to talk to Eri again instead. Sounds like she thinks she can convince her big sister, but knows that Elnora won't and cannot be talked down, at least by anyone besides Eri.
Aerial is pretty much confirmed to be the Final Boss at this point. With how OP it is the only chance Suletta has of stopping it and their mother is to get through to Eri and make her stop.
Old 2023-06-11, 11:00   Link #1640
azarhal

Quote:
Honestly I think Prospera just kind of stopped thinking about Suletta after leaving her in space thinking she'd be happier at the school...which is totally not what happened. Like it's not like she even seems aware or bothered that the school was attacked and Suletta might be hurt.

All she cares about now are Eri and Quiet Zero. Even Suletta knows this.
Miorine haven't been seen thinking of Suletta either...

But I'm more thinking from her plot planning point-of-view before abandoning Suletta. If you are planning to be antagonists to the space-law, leaving your daughter behind is inviting the space-law to talk to her...

Quote:
I'm wondering if we're even going to see Suletta and Miorine reunite at all at this right. Miorine could really use her but it seems like they're going to head straight to Quiet Zero. Suletta hasn't even talked about Miorine at all.
Guston seems to have sent the Calibarn to Benerit HQ at the start of the episode.