AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-08-31, 12:21   Link #3081
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If Mirio didn't have Eri to protect, he would have kicked Overhaul's ass already. In fact, he's doing extremely well given the fact it's two (I underestimated the willpower of Overhaul's henchman) vs one and he's protecting Eri. I bet Overhaul will tell Nemoto to fire at Eri, forcing Mirio to protect her with his own body and thereby robbing him of his quirk.

Man, I want Mirio to live more than ever now. He's too cool.
Old 2017-08-31, 12:27   Link #3082
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
wait, so Mirio can choose which part of his body will phase through objects? Now that is cool
That's how his powers work. If he just turns his power on his full body he will just end up falling through the floor, so unless he wants to go through the floor he has to keep the power off in his feet to maintain a foothold. Also when he turns the power on for his head, he can no longer see or hear, so he has to think twice before activating it. Mirio has to constantly tun his powers on and off throughout his body in order to use it the way he does. His powers are complicated

This actually shows how impressive his skill with his power actually is since running through a wall involves him turning the power on and off in his feet and his body at different times.... and when he kicked chrono, he had to turn his power on in his feet so he would phase through Eri, but then turn it on just as his foot exited Eri and made contact with Chrono's face; and he does that with the speed of his kick
Old 2017-08-31, 12:36   Link #3083
salamander750

heh, I kind of knew that Overhaul can do that, like in FMA. But his power is not that OP, half cold half hot, OFA, AFO is still better
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 12:42   Link #3084
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
But his power is not that OP, half cold half hot, OFA, AFO is still better
he can destroy anything, heal anything and with some limitation bring back people from the dead,

if he touched anyone he would easily kill them :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 13:02   Link #3085
Wandering Soul

Mirio is really living up to the hype .
Despite having to protect Eri, he's still doing a good job of beating up Overhaul and his right hand man. I really hope he lives past this arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post

And I thought Endeavour was a bad parent, Overhaul makes even him look much nicer by comparison. At least nice to see Mirio fight almost at full strength (even while carrying Eri) for one chapter. Seems like this big battle arc will probably be over soon.
So Endeavor can't even claim to be number 1 when it comes to being a terrible parent.
Old 2017-08-31, 13:36   Link #3086
Twi

Full Metal Alchemist flashbacks. Love it. And Mirio is on that next level stuff. I hope he doesn't snuff it.
Old 2017-08-31, 20:29   Link #3087
marvelB

Well, well, well.... Mirio certainly proved himself capable against Overhaul this chapter. Though, as I figured, the confession guy wasn't quite down for the count just yet. Let's just hope Mirio doesn't lose his quirk to one of those bullets....

And yeah, Overhaul's powers do bring to mind FMA's alchemy, checking it out this chapter. It was real messed up how he implied he used that power regularly on Eri, as well..... damn. But now it makes me all the more interested in this guy's history. We had the brief flashback of his first meeting between him and the cleansers' old boss this chapter, now we just need the wholestory....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 20:40   Link #3088
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
And I thought Endeavour was a bad parent, Overhaul makes even him look much nicer by comparison.
Endeavor is cursed to forever be #2 at everything.

Just like Suneater, Mirio is truly living up to the hype around U.A.'s "big 3".
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 21:17   Link #3089
dragon1412

is it only me here who don't like Mirio ?? while I might not have the best impression of the guy due to the whole idea of beating the whole 1st year up to prove that his experience is matter, I still think of him as a nice guy. But chapter 150 nailed it for me, "Honesty" sound wayyyyyy too convenient here, the very fact is , at that time, his choice was that, and this is coming from a guy who supposed to work for Nighteye for quite a while and come through many case already

The only things I see when I read chapter 150 is, this guy never think much about the issues of Eri, he seem to think that " as long as she is saved at the end, all is well" type not caring about whatever happen simply by leaving her in their hand for longer time. He might not mean it, but all his action point to the end justified the mean
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 00:07   Link #3090
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
he can destroy anything, heal anything and with some limitation bring back people from the dead,

if he touched anyone he would easily kill them :/
key word here is "touch", If he can touch them he can do all that nasty things but if he met with powers suited for long range combat then he can be deal with. Or those that make the user intangible.
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 04:40   Link #3091
LevelSeven

^thats true but even than, a power doesnt need to be invincible in order to be labelled OP,

in regards to any other quirk we saw so far overhauls power gives him the most diverse and scary usages, its in the same way OP as the mind-control guys is
Old 2017-09-01, 22:18   Link #3092
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh man... certain death flag for Mirio is really annoying
I really like him though
but at this rate, he would be the main character... he is so manly
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 20:48   Link #3093
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
is it only me here who don't like Mirio ?? while I might not have the best impression of the guy due to the whole idea of beating the whole 1st year up to prove that his experience is matter, I still think of him as a nice guy. But chapter 150 nailed it for me, "Honesty" sound wayyyyyy too convenient here, the very fact is , at that time, his choice was that, and this is coming from a guy who supposed to work for Nighteye for quite a while and come through many case already

The only things I see when I read chapter 150 is, this guy never think much about the issues of Eri, he seem to think that " as long as she is saved at the end, all is well" type not caring about whatever happen simply by leaving her in their hand for longer time. He might not mean it, but all his action point to the end justified the mean
I'm sure he has thought about it. Its also touched upon that he's doing it for his own selfish reasons of regret. But I think every hero is a hero for some selfish reason or another; monetary compensation, reputation, to enforce one's own morals on right and wrong.... it all pretty much embodies the characters motivations. As innocent as Deku is, he's no different.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 07:38   Link #3094
SidVicious
Anime addict

That was awesome.
Old 2017-09-07, 08:54   Link #3095
Random14

So there goes his career, he got shot with the permanent quirk-erasing bullet. Yet he still keeps going, so badass. Was expecting him to take the bullet but didn't expect the fight would keep going. And now Deku's finally caught up, hope he can finish things up in Mirio's place.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 09:08   Link #3096
Sixth
Hu Tao

What an awesome chapter. I really hope that the quirk permanence for Mirio will not be permanent. Hope that someone from UA has enough knowledge to reverse the effect with the help of Eri once they had saved her.

Mirio's flashback and tenacity won over me in this chapter.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 11:28   Link #3097
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mirio was awesome once again. He managed to last 5 minutes against Overhaul and Nemoto without his quirk. He's a total beast.

After everything is over, I suspect Deku will contemplate giving One for all to the now quirkless Mirio, and that Mirio will say something really inspiring that will change his mind. Mirio is the type that will never lose hope. Even if people tell him his quirk is gone permanently, he'll do everything he can to get it back.
Old 2017-09-07, 13:16   Link #3098
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I can't help but think he chose wrong. So what if Eri gets shot with that "bullet"? At worst it'll hurt a bit. It wasn't worth losing his quirk over.

Heck, if it erased her quirk, it would solve a lot of problems. (Though I don't think it would, since it came from her.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 13:23   Link #3099
LevelSeven

^agree,

i was also kind of dissappointed in this chapter, its not really reaching me as it should,

im quite displeased with the fact that right at the most convenient time the MC shows up as well and will save the day
Old 2017-09-07, 13:46   Link #3100
Twi

What, you wanted him to die? He's already lost his powers.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot