AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-09, 04:41   Link #9321
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Is it okay to use such high-level magics against a human, especially against his classmates?

He's lucky to have Pixie to change the recording and such. Or else he wouldn't fight seriously leaving such a spectacle behind.
Well, for Mist Dispersal I've say this many times, he did it out of curiosity and to confirm his expectation. I bet Tatsuya didn't aim for the entire body, he could, however, aimed Mist Dispersal for a small piece of clothes or hair on Tomitsuka

But yeah, Tatsuya kinda got carried away when he went and use both Gram Dispersal and Far Strike, all for the sake for a "certain person"
Old 2014-01-09, 05:11   Link #9322
GameBoy005

It looks like throughout the fight, Tatsuya seemed to have been experimenting with Tomitsuka's Gram Demolition armor.

Tatsuya used magic that seemed to expand the the range of psions that Tomitsuka could use.

Tatsuya may create a way for Tomitsuka to use magic from a distance more proficiently in the next 9-school competition. (possible foreshadowing)
Old 2014-01-09, 05:23   Link #9323
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I kinda wonder what was going through Tatsuya's mind at the start there.

Tatsuya: A high school sparring match is it?

Miyuki: Onii-sama!!♥ ❣ ❤ ❥ ❦ ❧ ♡ ɞ ʚ ღ

Tatsuya: I guess I'll start by turning him to dust and go from there...

Miyuki: O... Onii-sama... Ծ_Ծ

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2014-01-09, 05:26   Link #9324
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
aimed Mist Dispersal for a small piece of clothes or hair on Tomitsuka
Your assumption.

Quote:
The magic Tatsuya equipped was Decomposition Magic, Mist Dispersal.
Heedless of Miyuki’s shock, Tatsuya pulled the CAD’s trigger.

--And nothing happened.

(As I thought.)
We don't know where he aimed.
Old 2014-01-09, 05:44   Link #9325
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

I was right all along.
Tatsuya treats Tomisuka as a lab rat. XD
And he didn't even use his martial art. (only used passive evasive actions while using range magics)

Although I don't know why Mist Dispersal didn't work, but I believe using Psion bullet aka. "gram demolition" can do the trick. Because the bullet and the armor come from the same marterial, the interference on armor is 100% effective.
(edit: Actually it did work:
Quote:
Tatsuya held a concentrated block of psions in his left hand.
The solid block was so sturdy that it could have broken through Tomitsuka’s armor even if it had recovered.
I kind of missed out that)
May be there is a logic flaw here when the author try to nerf Batsuya by raising the average level of other characters: Mist Dispersal is at the higher level in term of "erasing stuff" compared to Gram demolition after all.

To sum up:
Formless armor->either [ martial art-offensive + gram demolation -defensive against spells] or [psion bullet- armor shedder.]
Formed armor+ marionette->[ decomposition.]
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-01-09 at 07:20.
Old 2014-01-09, 05:46   Link #9326
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Sankjuu

Only a couple of side stories and we're up to date! Yay!
What's side stories? (rhetorical question)

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-09, 05:57   Link #9327
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Your assumption.

We don't know where he aimed.
so you are assuming Tatsuya did intend to use Mist Dispersal on the entire body of Tomitsuka? We don't know where he aimed, yes, but my point was just that the he used Mist Dispersal on Tomitsuka was not the same when he destroyed the enemy like in vol 4, 7 or 8
Old 2014-01-09, 06:06   Link #9328
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well Tomitsuka didn't put up much of a challenge for Tatsuya.
Through out the battle, Tatsuya was cool calm and collected, while Tomitsuka was not.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2014-01-09, 06:10   Link #9329
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
so you are assuming Tatsuya did intend to use Mist Dispersal on the entire body of Tomitsuka? We don't know where he aimed, yes, but my point was just that the he used Mist Dispersal on Tomitsuka was not the same when he destroyed the enemy like in vol 4, 7 or 8
My assumption.

Quote:
Tomitsuka’s entire body flashed with an explosive psion light.
Amid that blinding light, the paper blades faded back to being normal paper.

All 80,000 paper squares lost their power to float in mid-air before returning to true paper snowflakes and falling to the ground.

Looks like that armor ptotect whole body.
Takuma's 80.000 paper blades lost theiir power.

His armor block everything that come to him.
Old 2014-01-09, 06:50   Link #9330
Altrelo

An anime adaptation of Mahouka? My wishes have been answered. I think ya'll already knew but just learned it from Wikipedia.
Old 2014-01-09, 07:54   Link #9331
fujin of shadows

I am eagerly awaiting the day when Tatsuya goes all out in a fight....I want to see more of Decomposition base spells considering that he has only revealed three........
Old 2014-01-09, 10:15   Link #9332
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy005 View Post
It looks like throughout the fight, Tatsuya seemed to have been experimenting with Tomitsuka's Gram Demolition armor.

Tatsuya used magic that seemed to expand the the range of psions that Tomitsuka could use.

Tatsuya may create a way for Tomitsuka to use magic from a distance more proficiently in the next 9-school competition. (possible foreshadowing)
And .. what's to stop Tatsuya from using psion armor for himself..?
Old 2014-01-09, 11:06   Link #9333
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Look it doesn't matter where he aim since he was sure it would fail, and this match only look like,it was close because while to brought everything he had tatsuya was fighting with several handicaps and disadvantages plus he also wasn't nearly as fired up as to (not that his not strong).
Old 2014-01-09, 11:53   Link #9334
bietchie11

More!
Praise Tatsuya more~~!

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-09, 12:21   Link #9335
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Well Tomitsuka didn't put up much of a challenge for Tatsuya.
Through out the battle, Tatsuya was cool calm and collected, while Tomitsuka was not.
Hattori lost to Tatsuya in like 5 seconds. Kirihara was subdued in similar fashion. To say that someone who forced tatsuya to fight him for over 10 minutes in close quarters wasn't a challenge seems wrong to me. also we weren't privy to Tatsuya's thoughts during the match. mainly just Tomitsuka's. its possible that if he didn't use self marionette then the stalemate would have lasted longer and possibly lead to an alternate conclusion. I actually think Tomitsuka could be a problem for someone like tatsuya who can't use phenomena altering magic.
Old 2014-01-09, 12:33   Link #9336
Jirachier

Quote:
Yet, so long as Tatsuya still held onto the handicap of not utilizing attacks through the Idea, then he was a deficient Magician who could not use magic that directly influenced physical phenomena.
Any idea what that meant ?
Old 2014-01-09, 13:27   Link #9337
BW95
Banned

I think it was just referring to the fact that he can't use indirect magic like casting magic on a rock to accelerate it towards an opponent.

Oh yeah. The next volume is hitting off the anime premiere so it's going to be released in April.
Old 2014-01-09, 13:36   Link #9338
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Hattori lost to Tatsuya in like 5 seconds. Kirihara was subdued in similar fashion. To say that someone who forced tatsuya to fight him for over 10 minutes in close quarters wasn't a challenge seems wrong to me. also we weren't privy to Tatsuya's thoughts during the match. mainly just Tomitsuka's. its possible that if he didn't use self marionette then the stalemate would have lasted longer and possibly lead to an alternate conclusion. I actually think Tomitsuka could be a problem for someone like tatsuya who can't use phenomena altering magic.
if he was enemy = it wont take much time to kill him
-> it was more of experiment for tetsuya since it's rare to find someone like him
-> info could be useful when he fight someone who can kill him with similar skill
Old 2014-01-09, 14:43   Link #9339
iCloudz7

Well, lately there have been a lot of people who can counter Dispersal Mist... remember that there were a lot of people watching the fight so Godzulla couldnt display his full potential and I think he was just experimenting on Tomitsuka Contact Type Gram Demolition to see what its capabilities were...

Last edited by iCloudz7; 2014-01-09 at 15:18.
Old 2014-01-09, 15:38   Link #9340
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy005 View Post

i agree,tomitsuka may become the next mihiko.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings