Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-14, 00:02   Link #3081
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
It could be 100x worse though, like it was back in High School, with all the guys buying their girlfriends ENORMOUS teddy bears, along side with 20 box of chocolates, and enough balloons to get them to the United Kingdom.
You just gave me the idea of giving my date a stuffed Etopen for Valentine's Day. Luckily for my wallet, there's no way I'd ever get one in time.

(Why Etopen? You'd need to have seen my date's reaction to scene in Saki where Etopen gets ripped to understand.)

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 00:51   Link #3082
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

So, it's V-Day today, and once again I'm stuck with nowhere to go, and no one to go out with. However, anyone who's seen me in this thread recently should have figured this shouldn't be the case, right? Lemme explain.

By some fluke of fate, this year's V-Day coincides with the Chinese New Year (Year of the Tiger, which I am, raawrrr). And the funny thing is, the Vietnamese celebrate it too (they call it Tet over there). So....apart from the fact that I'm busy enough visiting my relatives as it is, there's also the fact that she's actually doing more or less the same thing....more than 1700km away in her hometown of Da Nang, Vietnam.

So, yeah. Which isn't too bad I guess, since it's entirely possible that she might not even know the significance of V-Day anyway, given her cultural background. XD
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 03:18   Link #3083
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
You just gave me the idea of giving my date a stuffed Etopen for Valentine's Day. Luckily for my wallet, there's no way I'd ever get one in time.

(Why Etopen? You'd need to have seen my date's reaction to scene in Saki where Etopen gets ripped to understand.)
It looks like a giant, alternatively coloured soccer ball to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, it's V-Day today, and once again I'm stuck with nowhere to go, and no one to go out with. However, anyone who's seen me in this thread recently should have figured this shouldn't be the case, right? Lemme explain.

By some fluke of fate, this year's V-Day coincides with the Chinese New Year (Year of the Tiger, which I am, raawrrr). And the funny thing is, the Vietnamese celebrate it too (they call it Tet over there). So....apart from the fact that I'm busy enough visiting my relatives as it is, there's also the fact that she's actually doing more or less the same thing....more than 1700km away in her hometown of Da Nang, Vietnam.

So, yeah. Which isn't too bad I guess, since it's entirely possible that she might not even know the significance of V-Day anyway, given her cultural background. XD
With the advent of technology, I am sure you still can exchange your messages of love through an online messenger service. But I would suggest that you make this date up somewhere next week because V-day comes only once per year, and having a few important days in the year to remember by is a good way of strengthening a otherwise boring male-female relationship.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 05:06   Link #3084
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
I got some chinese good luck money (well, not really. It's just $15 regular Australian Dollars). I didn't get to see my girlfriend today (caught up in New Year's Yum Cha and 3-more hours at a department store), so I might stop over at the town centre early tomorrow morning at the 1 shop that might be open at 7.45am to buy her some chocolate.
Old 2010-02-14, 07:44   Link #3085
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Happy Valentine's everyone
I'm merrily doing anything I can to forget it's V.day so that I don't get depressed over the fact that I don't have a girlfriend...except this post!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 10:40   Link #3086
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Happy Valentine's Day.

I'll be spending it doing pre-cal homework and trying my best to not be distracted while talking to Brad via video chat.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:54   Link #3087
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Valentines day = The day singles feel ashamed to be single and where the next day your friends talk about there V.D >.>

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:58   Link #3088
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaho-Chi View Post
Valentines day = The day singles feel ashamed to be single and where the next day your friends talk about there V.D >.>
It can suck for singles, and to a degree, I wish it wasn't promoted so heavily (it is to sell cards and candy!), because it does make singles feel kinda bad. Even if they don't normally, it does prompt others to ask "So, when are you getting someone?" even if they have no desire to.

Showing someone you care shouldn't be a one day a year thing, also.

But still, I don't mind the holiday as much as I used to, as it's all in fun, and some people really do enjoy it. And I'll be spending the day talking to someone I really care about, which always cheers me up.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:09   Link #3089
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I wouldn't mind Valentines Day if I lived in Japan. I could care less about getting something, it's giving something that's the pain in the ass.
Old 2010-02-14, 12:44   Link #3090
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
It can suck for singles, and to a degree, I wish it wasn't promoted so heavily (it is to sell cards and candy!), because it does make singles feel kinda bad. Even if they don't normally, it does prompt others to ask "So, when are you getting someone?" even if they have no desire to.

Showing someone you care shouldn't be a one day a year thing, also.

But still, I don't mind the holiday as much as I used to, as it's all in fun, and some people really do enjoy it. And I'll be spending the day talking to someone I really care about, which always cheers me up.
You can always make yourself feel better by marketing chocolates or similar Valentine Day gifts. Simply think of a service to sell, paste posters 1-2weeks in advance, then work to rake in a temporary income.

I doubt you would be sad if you see the money coming into your hands.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-02-14, 12:54   Link #3091
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You can always make yourself feel better by marketing chocolates or similar Valentine Day gifts. Simply think of a service to sell, paste posters 1-2weeks in advance, then work to rake in a temporary income.

I'm not really sad (although I was before), but you make an interesting point... shamelessly make money off people in love, who will compulsively buy things for the person they love... =D
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 13:25   Link #3092
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

DAMN YOU! You should have said that a couple of weeks ago, now I'm stuck at home working on V-Day... Oh well, it's not like I had someone to go out with... and I caught a really bad flu yesterday...

Nevermind that, V-Day is cursed to me I tells yah, can't remember the last time it went well for me...
Old 2010-02-14, 13:40   Link #3093
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post

Whoa, Tux sure let himself go!
Old 2010-02-14, 13:58   Link #3094
Shiemi
Counting days

My boyfriend proposed today. I am engaged.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:02   Link #3095
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Congratulations
Old 2010-02-14, 14:08   Link #3096
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Congratulations! I hope you have a lovely wedding!
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:21   Link #3097
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
*stretch* Quarter past 6. In bed. Kinda hard to read when your vision goes in and out every now and then
Quote:
I'm not really sad (although I was before), but you make an interesting point... shamelessly make money off people in love, who will compulsively buy things for the person they love... =D
Talk about cut-throat. It's hard to believe that businesses can and will mooch of the un-savvy during times like this. Christmas is the same too.
Quote:
*toast* to Shiemi, and her fiancee.
Old 2010-02-14, 14:27   Link #3098
Habhome

Congrats!

Quote:
It can suck for singles, and to a degree, I wish it wasn't promoted so heavily (it is to sell cards and candy!)
I'm surprised how little advertising I've seen about it this year actually. Though perhaps it's just me not having been interested in it. I couldn't do anything with my GF anyway and I was busy with a robot project. So no date for me today.
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:27   Link #3099
Patch&Quilt

Quote:
Congratulations
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 15:08   Link #3100
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Congrats! That is something nice to hear.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom