AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-27, 10:03   Link #41
Frontier

Christopher's mother, the Queen! And she's voiced by Kikuko Inoue, the master of playing MILF's and queens! I had a feeling she would play the queen. And it seems like the queen had a heavy involvement in steering her sons' ideas of love and courtship, and I can imagine what those magic words she gave him were...now we just need to hear him say them to Eli .

Even when they're dressing down to go out inconspicuously, Eli and Christopher are still too attractive and good-looking to not come off like nobles. But the only thing better than their outfits is Elianna's blushing face and reactions !

Christopher knows how to treat his lady! Taking her to a book market she's always wanted to go to, playing the role of the loyal knight to serve on her hand and foot, trying to get her to call him by name without title and punishing her with kisses and flirting when she fails to do so...it's so cute! Carriage kisses! And Glens' guard has to keep dealing wit watching their charges get so embarrassingly lovey-dovey !

When Eli's deep knowledge of books is too much for a vendor at a book market. She could probably run half their business with the stuff she knows .

Is it just going to be a running gag that Eli continually fails to recognize Alan or forgets who she is? Because so far it's funny, if kind of sad. Just a background character who wants to be seen as a main character and the female lead keeps forgetting him .

Have to admit, did not expect this trip to turn into an attempted book theft assumed to be orchestrated by one of Eli's family and for Christopher to get mistaken for one of the perpetrators' father. I don't think he was expecting fatherhood quite so soon...or to be mistaken for cheating again. Like, you can tell Eli did not appreciate another implication he'd been with another woman .

So Rene's dad was a blue-eyed knight who romanced his dancer mother, apparently there's even a book about them, but he's never seen him before? But he was supposed to be there? I kind of wonder what's going on .

Elianna basically is Christophers' lover, but she doesn't feel confident in that role despite their kiss and commitment to each other because she's never really acted the part of a lover and still feels like she barely knows Christopher as a person because she didn't pay attention to him enough. She also feels self-conscious that she can't remember their time as kids together. Eli just needs more confidence !

There are probably scummy, manipulative, and arrogant nobles...but if there's one thing Eli can say about the Bernstein family, they would never use or manipulate others to get the books they want to read. They'd rather beg or drink poison if it meant reading a book. Which is to say, the Bernstein family is really serious about books .

We get more context for Chris' background...he adored his mother and was very close to her until she went away to get treated for a sickness, yet eventually his prayers were answered and she returned...only to him it seemed like she'd become an evil queen who was much more stricter and cold to him. And he basically lashed out because of it, which led him to meet Elianna and their ensuing romance as she helped him realize that his mother still loved and cared for him. But I kind of of wonder about the personality change. Did his mother shift to being harder on him to get him to step up as prince ?

Dang, Christopher going for the "feed me" to chewing on her finger maneuver! And he could just eat her up! Eli's reaction was priceless .

So now they're meeting with the famous Dr. Letzi to, I assume, get to the bottom of things...I'm curious to see how he'll react to Elianna .
Old 2022-11-03, 10:01   Link #42
Frontier

Seems like some of the tension between Christopher and his uncle is that Theo didn't feel that he should be so hung up on Elianna and should find a more suitable princess...but Christopher only had eyes for Eli .

Dr. Letzi is definitely blunt, sassy, and can chug down his liquor like a champ. And paying for said liquor is apparently the only way to get him to give you advice, as Christopher learned in his quest to win Elianna .

Okay, Rene's mother being kidnapped is pretty bad...but burning books? That's the lowest of the low! What utter and reprehensible criminals! Eli is taking this one personally .

Oh hey, an episode were Elianna actually remembers Alan's name! It's within the same day she saw him again though, so the jury's out on if she'll remember other times .

Baron Mole! I mean, Baron Mausland! The true culprit of this subterfuge for the sake of weapons contracts instead of the kingdsom' dedication to research that Eli unknowingly spearheded. Also, is that Tomokazu Sugita ?

You have to admire Elianna's resolve to directly confront the criminals and stop any books from being burned, a most grievous crime (along with, y'know, kidnapping), even if she had no plan for fighting off armed guards. But that's what her brave prince is for .

Sucks for Rene that the reason he's never seen his father is because he's probably dead, but he still has his mother and a new resolve to live up to the ideas of the Star of Sissel .

Jeez, Christopher just cannot let up on the flirting! Whether in front of captured criminals or a mom and a bunch of kids !

Man, Christopher knows his lady so well! He creates a charity hospital in her honor and puts her name at the top because he remembered it was her childhood dream because she lost her mother to sickness at a young age. Although it is kind of funny how Eli was put in charge of a hospital and had no idea about it until that moment .

Eli finally remembered their childhood together! And Chris was able to overcome his anxiety with thinking Eli might've become someone different than the woman he fell in love with, but now she's someone who genuinely loves him more than books! And what better way to cap off the couple renewing their love for each other and the history that bore that love than with a tender and sweet kiss ?
Old 2022-11-03, 11:11   Link #43
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I can feel the diabetes coming on after the last 1/3 of the episode. At least she remembered so we can move onto the next thing.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-03, 13:16   Link #44
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, what a great ending to this series. The prince and princess kissing at the end was a great way to end it too. /s

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-10, 10:03   Link #45
Frontier

Kind of an ominous opening for the episode with a blonde woman in the snow and then another man in the present-day showing up talking a woman who was killed and his interest in Eli .

Eli in a rush to see off Christopher before his trip is adorable! And she's got a new minder who has to keep up with her whims and book obsession. I wish him the best of luck, but it seems he's adjusted well to working with Elianna .

Eli may not pick on obvious romantic cues, but she has taken up the occult if it means protecting her man! Although really all Christopher needs is a hair ribbon and her properly sending him off romantically as his fiance. I guess we'll have to settle for all the copious amount of flirting Christopher did to Eli during his send-off before he comes back !

Lilia! The last character in the OP has appeared! She seems like a very cute and excitable girl, and it seems like she's taken over the job of minding Eli and keeping her informed of what's going on in high society and other noble ladies. So basically a gal pal !

I can see why Christopher is worried about his uncle when he's such a natural flirt with Eli, although Theo's also looking out for Eli in his own way and to the ire of other noble girls with their eyes on him .

Elianna can do a solid job at a tea party, but I'm curious about this Anna girl (Mikako Komatsu?). She seems stoic and unapproachable, though quite attractive, yet she also seems as well-informed as Elianna is .

Wow, Eli looked utterly stunning in that dress and with her hair done up! No wonder all the men wanted to dance with her (poor girl is too popular now)! If only Chris could see her like that !

Ah, the classic catty noblewomen...luckily Lilia is sassy enough back at them, but Elianna warding them off with talk of horse meat was quite effective .

It's nice to see how Eli is involved in policy making and how her ideals for helping the kingdom while avoiding war or conflict get enacted, even if her idealism makes her a target for the more militant and aggressive people in the government and now she has to deal with the fallout. She also doesn't have Christopher there to protect her .

What's Irvin after? Eli feels alone and dearly missing Christopher, and in he comes like the classic Shojo love rival .
Old 2022-11-11, 04:27   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No shortage of trouble. Even with Eli working her butt off it doesn't mean everything will be easy. And no matter what she chooses there are going to be people that don't agree. Even if she hadn't spoke up the only difference might have been who would be complaining to her on this occasion. While today this guy is complaining about his people not being allowed to be killed in a war, the other option might have been people complaining about preventable deaths if only funds had been diverted to the medical tech in the Krug region.

I don't think Eli should be that hard on herself. Someone is always going to be unhappy and looking to make themselves feel better by venting at her. And frankly preventing a conflict is something praiseworthy.

Also, where the heck is Eli's companion here? Despite being asked to look after Eli she leaves her alone to be approached by two different people? Sure, I don't expect much would really change here. But man, miss "yes, I've got her" dropped the ball in less than 5 minutes!
Old 2022-11-11, 06:09   Link #47
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Lilia! The last character in the OP has appeared! She seems like a very cute and excitable girl, and it seems like she's taken over the job of minding Eli and keeping her informed of what's going on in high society and other noble ladies. So basically a gal pal !
I was so deeply confused by her appearance. My only thought was, "Who was this again?!" only to realize she hadn't ever been introduced before!
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 11:39   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Girl gives advice
Prince stops fighting
Army loses budget
Army man complains to girl

Go tell that to the prince. He's the one that makes all the decisions.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 20:41   Link #49
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Girl gives advice
Prince stops fighting
Army loses budget
Army man complains to girl

Go tell that to the prince. He's the one that makes all the decisions.
Honestly, if the army guy is complaining to you about how he didn't get to fight because you fixed some stuff, I'd call that a job well done. Hopefully, Eli gets over this quickly.
Old 2022-11-13, 23:27   Link #50
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I was so deeply confused by her appearance. My only thought was, "Who was this again?!" only to realize she hadn't ever been introduced before!
Apparently anime skipped this detail over re Lilia:

Spoiler for Lilia:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 00:08   Link #51
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Apparently anime skipped this detail over re Lilia:

Spoiler for Lilia:
Spoiler:
Old 2022-11-17, 10:00   Link #52
Frontier

First Count Hayden and now this Irvin guy is coming in and belittling Eli. Give the poor girl a break !

Well, no better way to recover and gain some positive energy than by reading some books! Some things never change for Eli !

I see pushy and boorish men exist in any era, as this Leannec tool tries to romance Anna who is having none of it. And then when Eli and Anna commiserate together he takes it as a personal insult and actually attacks them...and then Eli hits him with a book and kicks him in the nuts! Like, wow! I did not expect to see Eli do that. Jean taught her well. And then Eli's only concern is that she damaged the book !

Anna seems to be a very well-read and knowledgeable young lady! No wonder she and Elianna get along so well! I wonder if the reason Anna is so averse to marriage is because she feels it will prevent her from pursuing her personal interests ?

It's bad enough Eli has to deal with some enigmatic and harsh nobles, but a ghost? And it seems like that ghost has a connection to a girl Theodore knew in the past, a daughter of a noble family that was executed for committing treason and whom he lost the chance to really love. Is that why he's so fond of Eli, because she reminds him of her ?

Okay, in fairness to Eli, Alan has a completely different hair color this time. It took me a second to actually realize that was him .

Ah...just some mushy words from Christopher is enough to completely re-energize Eli! Although I love how Alan admitted it was mushier so he basically just truncated the message for time and to save him from some embarrassment .

So I take it Sophia and her maid, enraged at Eli's closeness to Theodore, orchestrated Caroline getting stuck on that rowdy horse and the boar that attacked Eli. Even though it had the unforeseen consequence of Caroline jumping ship to the Eli boat and Eli getting up close and personal with Irvin, who saved her. I can only imagine what will happen to these two once their plans are exposed, but I'm just trying to fathom what Irvin is after .
Old 2022-11-18, 04:57   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The horse was supposed to go to Eli, but the guy with her headed that off.

What's with those guys who think it's a good idea to escalate from "asshole behavior that's not necessarily actionable" to "assaulting the fiancee of the crown prince"? That's 2 in 3 episodes.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-18, 20:38   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

That old guy is going to find reasons to criticize Eli for not breathing properly at this rate. Can that warmonger just go back home already? Also I'll note that he didn't deny that was the prey his party was chasing. Just that he doesn't misdirect his prey. Which still leaves open the possibility that he intentionally chased that bore into that group.
Old 2022-11-24, 10:05   Link #55
Frontier

It's always nice to see ladies dressed up so fancy (look at Anna, especially with that hair!), but less so to see Eli being so trusting that she gets locked up in a castle because Sophia tricked her. You have to be more aware of your surroundings and the people around you Eli !

And of course she gets stuck with Irvin...who jokes about killing her...but it turns out he's none other than the Prince of Maldura, but is Sauslind on his mothers' side, meaning that he feels nothing but gratefullness towards Eli for trying to avoid war with Maldura and for actually trying to foster better relations between his kingdom and his mothers' homeland. Honestly was not expecting him to turn out to be an "enemy" prince .

Oh, and the ghost was Rei, his white-haired pretty boy attendant who is quite handy with a sword. I can see why people would mistake him for a ghost because he's apparently just been standing there in that lonely castle this whole time. What has he been doing to keep himself occupied there? Also, is that Tomoaki Maeno I hear ?

Of course then Malduran thugs show up on the orders of Irvin's brother the 3rd prince to kill Eli and Irvin and start a war...and they even kidnapped Anna! Although I love how Anna used her eyes to warn Eli not to say anything to them and the moment they step on the books she immediately had to declare that they were absolute scum. Also Anna proving she's a ride or die by saying she was Elianna. She's a great friend !

Luckily Chris and his forces show up at the exact right moment to subdue all the bad guys and properly reunite Chrisopher with Elianna, which is as heartwarming and sweet as possible .

Alan is still doing his job and manages to apprehend the maid who was helping the Malduran burglars try to get to Elianna, and while Sophia was in on humiliating Eli, presumably she didn't want to outright murder her by a rival nation. Although her family reputation will probably take a huge hit for this, but Eli doesn't seem bitter towards her at all, and she's not being held liable for anything else, so she got off fairly easy all things considered .

The mystery of Sylvia Slade is finally solved. She loved her country and it's people and leaked her own family's insurrection plans to avoid war, even if that lead to her being banished from the land she loved and being branded the daughter of a criminal. But she found love with the prince of Maldura, married into royalty, and had Irvin, and her only regret seems to be that she was never able to see the beauty of her homeland once again. She was truly a woman of great fortitude and ideals, and when we finally see her in full she's an absolutely radiant beauty .

And, inspired by Sylvia's memory, Elianna finally stands up to Count Hayden and declares her intention to continue to work against war and foster peace and better relations with Maldura, no matter how hard the road to that may be. And in doing so she finally earns Hayden's loyalty and respect .

Dang it maid, we were this close to a long-awaited Chris and Eli kiss !

Even Anna tells her father that she wants to focus on studying more on history than get married off! You go girl !

Look at Irvin talking about stealing Elianna away from Sauslind like his dad did with his mom...although Christopher will not stand for any man after his beloved Elianna .

No better welcome back for Christopher than Eli calling him "Chris-sama" in public and confidently and sweetly embracing him in happiness at his return .
Old 2022-11-25, 22:19   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

"You are far too careless." 100% agreed. It's amazing. How many times has Eli been told not to go around by herself!? Even with her being rather oblivious to antagonism...she really shouldn't be going around anywhere with that girl. Chris' worry is justified. Eli knows a lot and does have many wonderful qualities. But she really does walk into these situations without even the slightest ability to realize trouble is coming.

Nice episode though. The new guy ended up pretty cool and definitely held his own at various points in this episode.

Glad Eli stood up for herself. Although I think she'd be the first signaling the call to war the second they find a country that practices book burning .
Old 2022-12-01, 10:04   Link #57
Frontier

Christopher's got a lot on his plate, between his duties as the prince, his upcoming marriage to Eli, and the Holy Night Banquet coming up. And more stuff just piles on as the episode moves forward .

Glen just comes in and immediately gets the Alan treatment from his so called friends. I guess it is a lot that your family is trying to get you hitched to a 10-year old, although it sounds like his family is just desperate because he fools around with women in general. And none of his buddies are sympathetic. Meanwhile Eli just thinking to herself how she doesn't understand how male friendship works, which was cute !

I guess it's not surprising that the soon to be crown princess is having to make a lot of choices about fashion and style from the queens' attendants and associated competing companies of womens' beauty products, but Eli's knowledge is surprisingly useful when it comes to fashion design !

The queen! In the flesh! And as far as mother-in-laws go, she's definitely the strict and imposing type, basically calling out Eli for how easy she's had it being protected by Chris all the time and walking through situations obliviously, and that won't cut it if she's going to be a crown princess. Particularly given how much of that involves political double-talk and reading people, which Eli hasn't proved the most adept at. Although one thing I can say about the queen, she has good taste in dresses and jewelery. Eli looked amazing in that dress !

I guess it is to be expected that a royal family would have to consider concubines at some point, especially since it seems like there was some tension that the queen was only able to conceive Chris, leading to some succession issues with Theodore. Is Eli willing to let Chris bed another woman for the sake of the kingdom? I doubt Chris could be with any woman but Eli though .

But as hard as the queen is on Eli, it seems like she does care for her enough to want to be called "mother" in private, and without any embarrassment. Like she already views her as a daughter !

(Although it is kind of interesting to think that a plague killed Eli's mother and nearly killed her future mother-in-law...)

Ooh! A lady knight! She seems to catch the attention of other ladies as much as Chris' flirting with Eli does .

Was that Aoi Yuki as Sharon? She's cute. Although now I just imagine her pestering Glen about their engagement, which is fun .

Although it seems like Sharon's sister Mireille, the titular Pearl Princess, is more plot relevant. Being a former Grand Ducchess who was not only well-regarded for her capability and beauty (even from behind she strikes quite the figure) but was also a childhood friend of sorts with Chris and was a leading runner for his fiancé up until she got married too...of course now her husband is dead, so she's single again, so it seems like people are considering her as a possible concubine as well. That definitely seems to be how Eli is taking it .

As if Eli didn't have enough to worry about, people are leaking her ideas and we've got an upstart in Lady Dauner and this Matilda girl trying to worm their way in and upstage Elianna. The queen seems on to their game, but Eli feels hopelessly out of her depth. And that's before she hears Chris talking about Mireille and assuming the worst (which she's probably wrong about, but the girl is massively self-conscious) .
Old 2022-12-04, 23:39   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The political struggles remain real for Eli. I will say that Chris probably has good reason to feel guilty at times. He just fell in love with a girl and wanted to spend his life with her. But the very nature of who and what he is creates a great deal of stress and trouble for Eli to navigate her way through. Of course it is up to her to navigate it if she wants to be with him.

You almost miss the good old days of her brother threatening to bring down the country if Eli is troubled too much. On that note...I'm kind of surprised her family hasn't gotten pissed off at this point. She's been put in danger and under a great deal of stress quite a few times.

The Queen isn't being mean so much as preparing Eli for what she's getting herself into here. And she's getting herself into quite the situation honestly. It is what it is. Politics, royalty, and a lot of people trying to manipulate and impact events. Even a legit issue like the push for Chris to have concubines to make sure there are heirs. And I'm sure Chris isn't particularly keen on that suggestion. But at the same time I'm sure he understands the situation. A lack of stability will create a push for various factions to make their moves.

Not easy.
Old 2022-12-08, 10:03   Link #59
Frontier

Eli has a lot to deal with...what's going on between Chris and Mireille, her own failings as the princes' consort, and the information leaks and the impact that they're having. But at least she's got her brother and Anna behind her! Meanwhile Alec just sees her as another body to deliver paperwork !

I guess it comes with marrying into royalty that sometimes you're expected to do maybe a little legwork .

Sharon talking about "removing the insects" and if that's not ominous I don't know what is .

Okay, so it's not that Eli didn't recognize Alan this time...she was just so lost in thought she didn't even notice him. Still classic Alan .

That advisor lady spitting plain facts to Eli about how she might not have much of a choice when it comes to accepting Christopher having concubines and the political necessity of it, but she seems to respect Elianna being a good judge of character .

What's up with Elen and Eli's maid? They seemed to regard each other familiarly for a second there ?

Honestly, when you see the way Christopher is around Eli, could you really imagine him looking at or being with another woman? I can't imagine him flirting so hard in front of others with anyone but Eli .

Well, Sharon is definitely to the point, if nothing else, wanting Elianna to give up Christopher so he and her older sister can get back together like the legendary Yule Lovers, and Eli is basically just an obstacle in the way of true love. Although I think it's probably just an idealized fantasy she has in her head because she's a kid and might not know the real story behind her sister and Christopher, the idea that Mireille would be better suited to being Chris' wife and handling the concubines or other assorted politics seeps into Eli's mind. Poor girl .

I thought I was catching vibes between Alfred and Anna as he basically asks her out to the Holy Night Banquet! I wonder if she'll say yes? Anna was against marriage if it meant she couldn't do what she wanted to do, which is her research and reading, but marrying into the Bernstein family is practically guaranteeing she can still do that. Not to mention she and Eli would be sisters !

"Can we postpone the engagement?" The one thing no man wants to here. What's worse is Eli seemed to say it unconsciously, to the point where she's horrified she said it and immediately runs away. Poor girl is caught up in so much stress and self-doubt she has no idea what she's doing .

I didn't know what to think of Elen, but she seem to be a genuinely kind and noble lady knight, helping Eli out when her hair gets stuck on something and standing in the way of Chris bothering her while she's still distraught. I wonder if Elen might hold some of the answers Elianna is seeking ?

Oof. I mean, Eli wants to talk to Christopher and the one time he wants to, she's too emotional and scared for it right now...and then Chris just coldly leaves her be. It's tough seeing these two like this .
Old 2022-12-08, 13:14   Link #60
Alchemist007
*Author

A whole lot of external forces and not enough communicating with the guy herself.