AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-10, 01:34   Link #121
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
"Two pits are made by cursing someone..." holy jigoku shoujo vibes now I feel sorry for the guy who she cursed to be "smaller" XD
I don't see how Noe's personality is unreal - I say that she is a strange girl but there is always a deeper meaning to that. She probably has a good reason to be strange..."giving her tears away" is just a hint. The classic scenario would be some kind of sad past that caused her to be unable to cry anymore (cliche but I see potential .

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 02:09   Link #122
stewie0814

Episode 1 was good, I really dont know what to expect from this show afterwards, but looks promising. Hmm... The most intriguing part though!!:
Spoiler:
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 02:56   Link #123
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie0814 View Post
Episode 1 was good, I really dont know what to expect from this show afterwards, but looks promising. Hmm... The most intriguing part though!!:
Spoiler:
My guess about it would be...
Spoiler:

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 05:35   Link #124
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

Wow, what an outstanding first episode. I think the last time I've been this impressed by a first episode was over a year ago with Bokura ga Ita. This just got me hook, line and sinker. The tone, atmosphere, slow pacing and subdued art style are just perfect for this type of series and the characters are subtle, yet indicate a lot of genuine depth. I just completely love the mood they've set with the first ep of this series: it's sober and melancholic, but it's so subdued that it's no where near overbearing. It's the type of mood that's perfect for a good character-driven romance/drama series.

Criticisms are minor: the music is a bit forceful at times and the character designs aren't anywhere near the most attractive out there. Everything else was very impressive, though, and from what I've can see of the characters and the possible complexities and dilemmas they could face, the potential for this series is huge. Fingers crossed that the script will do this series justice, since it'd be a huge shame if this series ended up being disappointing after getting off to such an outstanding start.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 07:35   Link #125
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fila View Post
but I won't be expecting too much out from this
Why not?

My main interest with the first episode is the outstanding musical score. One that works perfectly for the type of stories we'll see in coming episodes. You could also say it's one that goes nicely with the emotional scene at hand --- like the BGM that was played after Shin-chan walked in on Hiromi changing. It was also used as the preview track.
Old 2008-01-10, 07:45   Link #126
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

pretty interesting show, i dont know what to think of the chicken girl, she is kinda wierd.....

enjoyable 1st episode
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 08:07   Link #127
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I 'liked' it but I won't jump the gun and say it's great just yet. I would have to put it a slight bit lower than H2O in terms of first episode gravitas, though we saw the setup for the drama now.

I'm not too fond of the smartaleck main character (hate those types really), but he has a chance to improve and endear.

That and it seems to have a Key-style retard/crazy/weird girl character.

And what's up with the 3DCG that made it look like Pani Poni Dash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
"Two pits are made by cursing someone..." holy jigoku shoujo vibes now I feel sorry for the guy who she cursed to be "smaller" XD
I don't see how Noe's personality is unreal - I say that she is a strange girl but there is always a deeper meaning to that. She probably has a good reason to be strange..."giving her tears away" is just a hint. The classic scenario would be some kind of sad past that caused her to be unable to cry anymore (cliche but I see potential .
I'd say a girl hiding a past with an overt personality like that (probably fabricated for her emotional well being) and also acting it out weirdly constitutes her as 'unusual'. Though Hiromi being a total shut-in emotionally seems more overtly strange.

I agree with some who thinks the show may be feeling too dark and heavy in its undertones already. But hopefully there'll be a lot more lightheartedness to counter the obvious serious issues they'll have to deal with.

PS- Strange as this will sound, I thought True Tears' first ep reminded me of Kodomo no Jikan's. The mood in the first ep being so somber, you would swear it's in the latter stages of a series, and not the first ep.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 10:33   Link #128
Solafighter
Hige

Well, for all High Definition fans under you, i just uploaded for you the opening in HD (1280x720 size).

http://www.stage6.com/user/Craft_Law...rs-OP-in-HD-HQ
(DivX requested)

Spoiler for Samples(pictures):

Last edited by Solafighter; 2008-02-17 at 06:33.
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 16:32   Link #129
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Really Lovely Anime...I Watched The First Ep...
Really Nice Animes This Winter..Any why I Give This Anime 9/10
Old 2008-01-10, 16:38   Link #130
ThoHell

Hmm, pretty amusing series. Guess this is another on my watch list. The best part has got to be when Shinichirou put down his bag and got into a catching stance and told Isurugi come at him with all she got.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 18:02   Link #131
Dop
Mmmm....

Intriguing. I can watch more of that.

The OP gave me Kashimashi vibes though. Not just because it's by the same band, but it even sounded quite similar. I mean, it even ended with the three girls standing together in a triangle!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 18:35   Link #132
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is my favorite of the new shows, after one episode. So I have made a page showing pics of the seiyuus and their characters, with more info about each seiyuu.

I'm particularly impressed with the work of Takagaki Ayahi (Noe) and Takahashi Rieko (Souichirou's mother).

Here's my brief blog post about the characters/seiyuus page.

And here's a cast photo from an interview with them on the official site. Back l-r: Ishii Makoto (Souichirou), Yoshino Hiroyuki (Nobuse); front l-r: Nazuka Kaori (Hiromi), Takagaki Ayahi (Noe), Iguchi Yuka (Ai):

(click to enlarge)

In the interview, Nazuka Kaori says the show has an adult flavor, and is the first show so much to her own taste that she's done in a long time. On her blog, she wrote that there was a lot of subtlety in the acting, and that each episode was like a new study session. Takagaki Ayahi says she was so impressed with the script during the audition, that it doesn't have a contemporary feeling, but has a nostalgic Japanese atmosphere.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-11 at 14:42.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 18:39   Link #133
Eviltape

I thought this series would quite frankly be utterly stupid and boring until I watched the last few minutes. It's something I would watch by a weekly basis, but not bother to catch up on or marathon. I'm not feeling much of an attachement to anything in this series, though. I'm sorry fans, but I don't like this and I don't know why.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 02:02   Link #134
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

So my initial contact with the True Tears anime was through promotional materials, which didn't impress me very much to be honest; I thought it was going to be one of those low-grade bishoujo adaptations from how it looked. Then I happened upon this thread, and was surprised by the amount of good blurbs it was getting.

So I thought, meh, can't hurt to try it once. So I watched the BakaWolf-m.3.3.w sub of Episode 1.

Well....what can I say about it? It's much better than I expected. There's really a certain understated sense of despair underneath every aspect of the True Tears world (and I'm talking a real sense of despair here, not the SZS-type "zetsuboushita" gag). The character designs are slightly iffy, but the atmosphere is wonderfully done, and the animation is top-class, perhaps even kami-sakuga class.

True Tears just earned from me a 3-episode trial, and I hope it has what it takes to get me hooked for the rest of its run.

EDIT: Blog article is up;

[RIUVA] Trial Run: True Tears, Episode 1

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2008-01-11 at 12:37.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 13:13   Link #135
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
It seems a lot of people has pre-conceptions about true tears and from what i can tell majority of it was negitive. But after the first episode it was like a face lift. Always nice to see a series that exceeds your expections especially on the first episode.
Old 2008-01-11, 13:18   Link #136
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
It seems a lot of people has pre-conceptions about true tears and from what i can tell majority of it was negitive. But after the first episode it was like a face lift. Always nice to see a series that exceeds your expections especially on the first episode.
Interesting, the guys childhoodfriend goes to a different school. It obvious there is going to be love triangles everywhere.

The yummy thing is that this show and kimikiss both come out saturday, so now with Memories and myself;yourself gone I still get at least 2/3 my dose of Angst! Hopefully H2O can fill the last 1/3
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 15:02   Link #137
myopius

I like romance anime such as Honey & Clover but more importantly, I really enjoyed this episode's style. H&C and even more so Kimikiss the dialogue have a tone of conversation which is "unique," and for a while enjoyable, but after a while feels very scripted (doesn't feel authentic). true tears was more like Clannad would be if there was a severe emphasis on romance. Anyway, it's much more than I expected to find. Thanks very much to BakaWolf and m.3.3.w whose sub I watched.
Old 2008-01-11, 18:21   Link #138
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I actually say that this series is between kimikiss and clannad. Here we have the realism of the characters mixed with some fantasy. Already we have seen some deep thoughts from a pretty unique girl but done in a way that makes it seem real. Now it's all about how they are going to develop the character, as there is so much to be done. The series isn't predictable (though it has only been the first ep) which is a plus for me. I like surprises

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 18:38   Link #139
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

It's like Kimikiss in the respect that there are all these little inconsistencies in the characters, between what they say and how they act and interact with one another. Take Hiromi and the mother, for example. Something's clearly going on there.

It is only the first ep, but if the first ep is any indication, there's gonna be lots of interesting character and relationship driven stuff that we can all sink our teeth into. Let's just hope that the writing is good, and the drama can make full use of the perfect atmosphere they've set up so far.

Two words that I never, ever want to see in this thread, though: one rhymes with "ice", while the other describes a sea-faring vessel, and starts with "b". Let's not, everyone. Let's not.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 19:07   Link #140
lftwgr

Speaking of Ice Oats, it's funny that one of the subbers decided to call themselves exactly that. ;-)
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life