AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 10:17   Link #121
kemal_1915

Just finished the ep and I'm pleased. The production team really did a good job to make it more exciting.
Shiron's "naked on bed" really shocked me. It wasn't there in the novel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Story still unclear .
It is dangerous to leave books to the bad guy.
This ep showed an example. Shiron knows the info about the virus and the cure. If someone reads her book, then he/she will learn about it.
So, the Armed Librarian needs to do something about this. For those books which may make serious problem, they will put them into the labyrinth.
Sindeki Chruch don't want their books to be sealed in the labyrinth. So they fight the Armed Librarian and their head is Haymuts. It is very normal that they make such a plan to take her out.
So, it is just "An evil organization wants to kill the head of group of Super Heroes"
Of course, the truth is not that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Another thing I noticed, if the bombs were so easy to remove why didn't they just remove the bombs instead of killing people? Yeah, it would take ALOT of time and they might detonate in the process...but still. It was TOO easy.
Hamyuts wants to kill them. She enjoys killing and challenge. That is the reason. It will be different if Volken (or another person) is in charge. That's why Volken disagree with Haymuts' style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Still funny that Meseta let him live, I guess she's going to use him as a guiding tool for the other pieces...
As I said, she enjoys challenge. She expects Colio will do something to challenge her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Soooo, yeah, don't get that. Add in that everyone is trying to kill the acting director (speaking of which where is the real director then?) for no apparent reason, really what would that accomplish? And this guy, Cigal, can manipulate storms as well? I feel like I missed an episode, y'all sure this isn't episode 4 and you didn't hide episode 3 to confuse me?
The real director is one of the greatest spoiler. I won't talk about this until the end of the whole series.
And sapphire-pyro got the right answer about the storm~

The most intiguing part is about Volken. I don't remember he receives any book at this moment. Um...This part isn't in the novel, too. Maybe I have missed something.

That is one more thing I want to say. It is about Shiron's sword - Shlamuffen.
It is one of the "Memorial Weapons". (I haven't checked the Eng Sub, so I don't know whether the translation is correct or not) There is seven "Memorial Weapons". We will see another weapons later.
Her sword's ability is to attack all targets by disjointing the casuality (incompleted). Huh? What does that mean?
For example, I hit someone so he gets hurt. This is a cause and an effect. Shlamuffen can ignore the cause and produces the effect directly. And its effect is "slashing all incoming targets repeatedly until they make no harm to its owner"
That means it has auto defense system and slash the opponent at its owner's will. It is a perfect weapon to battle against Hamyuts' sniping skill.
So, her sniping is countered by Shlamuffen. Her sensory thread is countered by storm. And she has not much time left. Cigal really has the upper hand!

The next ep is the climax. I hope the production team can make a good one!
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 11:52   Link #122
klare

sad to say that i am skipping the crappy OP everytime i watch this show

if Shiron can see the future, she knows all this will happen and her book will be seen by Coolio and taken by Hamyuts

but not sure the future can be changed or not or whatever she sees will happen no matter what
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:13   Link #123
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Maybe the exact future was in a book that the Church didn't have access to so they only have a partial prediction. Volken, I bet, has the portion with the cure in it.
Old 2009-10-17, 14:36   Link #124
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I love how the story is progressing so steadily on the weekly basis. Yeah, the plot is a total mess and a mystery, but things have moved quite a bit since episode 1.

As for the OP, I actually like it a lot now. To me it's the same progression of 'ew, it's Ali Project' then going 'hey, this is actually pretty good'.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:29   Link #125
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Just watched episode 3 and it really was a good episode. We get some more back story on the witch and it seems that the prostitute is the reincarnation of her. Man Hamyuts doesn't give a shit about people at all she just kills them for fun.

I think my favorite character Volken his the only one that wan'ts to save and help people and doesn't see the meats as just mindless zombies. I hope we get to see some Volken character development.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 16:55   Link #126
Deniro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
@ Deniro: That's a very nice speculation I made kemal spoil me on that though xD Wahehehe . . . should I correct/confirm? :P
so did i get it right?
Deniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:48   Link #127
Doria

Hmmm, klare raises an interesting point--how do the abilities work, when they are countered by something else. In other words, from kemal's character synopses, we know that some people are precognitive; if this is the case, then can those futures they see be changed?

I also wondered then about the sword. I understand the cause/effect idea, but is the effect the sword's own property, or is it determined by the user's will?
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 20:07   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well liked episode 3 overall. At least the bomb situation was resolved though it was pretty messy. Thought for a moment he might just bleed out. Still his mindset is pretty messed up thanks to that church so we'll have to see how it turns out regarding Colio. What's going to happen with this guy is the main thing I'm focusing on right now.

A pretty sad tale regarding Shiron. Gets what could be a nice ability to see the future and things just keep going from bad to worse. Is rejected by those around her due to her unusual power and then is manipulated by that church. Telling them ended up causing that disease to spread and they wouldn't use her knowledge about the cure right away. I wonder if she took the steps she did near the end so someone would kill her. She couldn't kill herself so I guess she created a situation where others would do it.

Nice showdown at the end of the episode. Put against each other two characters I don't particularly like . On the positive no matter who loses I won't mind.
Old 2009-10-17, 21:05   Link #129
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe the exact future was in a book that the Church didn't have access to so they only have a partial prediction. Volken, I bet, has the portion with the cure in it.
No, Cigal has that fragment. It is a standard RPG flow - take down the boss and get the item.
Volken gets an intact book. I wonder whose book it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
I think my favorite character Volken his the only one that wan'ts to save and help people and doesn't see the meats as just mindless zombies. I hope we get to see some Volken character development.
He is the most favourite male character but...it isn't a proper way of thinking in such an organizaton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doria View Post
Hmmm, klare raises an interesting point--how do the abilities work, when they are countered by something else. In other words, from kemal's character synopses, we know that some people are precognitive; if this is the case, then can those futures they see be changed?

I also wondered then about the sword. I understand the cause/effect idea, but is the effect the sword's own property, or is it determined by the user's will?
Predicting the future often creates paradox. The author Yamagata-san doesn't want to dig so deep in this topic so you don't need to think so much. Changing the future may cause many problems. Thus, the future cannot change and the past couldn't change too.

The sword will defend all attack automatically but only attack when its owner wants to. It is a defensive weapon more than an offensive weapon.
I said it is incompleted because it has range limit - 50m.
The other reason is, actually, it cuts through the space of its target rather than cuts through its target. If you are fast enough, you are still able to evade its attack.

There are two storylines now. Shiron and Colio's love story and Haymuts and Cigal's showdown. The next ep will merge thes two storylines together.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 21:07   Link #130
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
I love Volken for that too! I do home to see more character development of him as well xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniro View Post
so did i get it right?
read my extremely short PM. I love kemal for spoiling me awesomeness xD Hahahaha!
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:15   Link #131
klare

if the future predicted cannot be changed (unlike the one in Back to the Future), things will be not so complicated, i dont mind that

not sure the "meats" should be really considered as normal human, such as Coolio's chest was ripped open and blood everywhere but he still survived

this seems like one of those shows that has a not so good eps 1, but keeps getting better (i hope )
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 15:07   Link #132
kyouray
2D > 3D

Episode was good indeed, I'm definitely a fan of Hamyuts
Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2009-10-22, 22:24   Link #133
arupaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Episode was good indeed, I'm definitely a fan of Hamyuts
Spoiler for episode 3:
Spoiler:
arupaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:04   Link #134
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2009-10-23, 14:41   Link #135
Ichiban Hayai

Spoiler for Ep4:
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 16:31   Link #136
Doria

Well, it seems pretty clear they're starting a new arc, so you might hang on and wait and see if it seems interesting to you before dropping the series. Who knows, there may be new characters you really enjoy.

I have a (probably stupid) question, if anyone who's seen the recent episode has a theory. Why did the sword's auto-defense seem to activate inconsistently (I'm being vague to avoid spoilers)? Can anyone enlighten me? I thought its power was to completely protect its bearer. Did I misunderstand?
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 17:42   Link #137
Utena

Send a message via ICQ to Utena
Spoiler for Ep4:
Utena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 21:50   Link #138
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It was a decent ending to the arc. I thought there would be a reincarnation of Shiron in this timeline but it turns out there isn't... but they do get together in the end, in heaven perhaps?

Now the question is, what's the purpose of intentionally letting Colio finding pieces of Shiron's book and who's behind it?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 22:55   Link #139
FuzzyWuzzy

OOOH, that was kind of cool.
They fell in love just by looking at each other.
The girl can see the future while the guy can see the past and they fell for one another.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 22:55   Link #140
kyouray
2D > 3D

Nice episode and the animation's very pleasant.

Spoiler for episode 4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arupaka View Post
Spoiler:
I think that's the most logic answer. However I'd have thought that a piece of book has more content than the few scenes we've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doria View Post
I have a (probably stupid) question, if anyone who's seen the recent episode has a theory. Why did the sword's auto-defense seem to activate inconsistently (I'm being vague to avoid spoilers)? Can anyone enlighten me? I thought its power was to completely protect its bearer. Did I misunderstand?
Spoiler for theory - episode 4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Now the question is, what's the purpose of intentionally letting Colio finding pieces of Shiron's book and who's behind it?
To create many events in order to increase Hamyuts's experience and make the best book that has ever existed
Well just kidding..I'm looking forward to watch the rest.

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen