Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
time to move this thread to the fansub forum
I just noticed your signature --> #Akai-Anime@irc.rizon.net

Thanks for your work on this tun

The first episode is begining soon Yay
Old 2006-06-27, 08:50   Link #23
lavielove

Should I read the manga first ????? I don't know what to do now. I want to know the overview of the story but I don't want to get spoil >.> That's really a difficult situation. (.~_~.)
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 22:40   Link #24
doink-chan
Hajimari no Kaze

Send a message via AIM to doink-chan Send a message via Yahoo to doink-chan
I read Kotonoha's scanlations of the manga, and it seems nice and fluffy enough...doinkies will probably check out the anime as well, as I watched the trailer today.

Too bad it's being made by Toei though (Toei are doinks T.T).
doink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 02:01   Link #25
NeoSam

There is something that I was keeping to the few last days before the anime begins expect yuri hints, yes yuri hints between the two sisters

Yay Yay yuri yuri

Other than that if you are into slice of life seinen manga/anime, you'll love this anime
Old 2006-06-28, 12:28   Link #26
ImClueless
Rawr

Is the yuri something they added to anime or from the second volume? I read the scanlated volume 1 and there didnt seem to be any yuri undertones to me. Just affection between two sisters.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 14:30   Link #27
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless
Is the yuri something they added to anime or from the second volume? I read the scanlated volume 1 and there didnt seem to be any yuri undertones to me. Just affection between two sisters.
No, there's no real yuri in this manga >.< thats why I said hints of yuri >.<

Some like to think of it as yuri because the big affection between the two sisters.

From Kotonoha's site:

Quote:
The strong affection between the two Yamada sisters even spawned discussion among the Japanese readers as to whether this manga can be considered “yuri” or not.
But if you ask me, I would say its a slice of life seinen manga, and thats it :P
Old 2006-06-28, 16:00   Link #28
ImClueless
Rawr

Yes I would agree with you that this is not yuri. To me yuri means there is a sexual attraction and there isnt any at all. The only yuri going on is in the pervy minds of the fans
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 13:59   Link #29
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 00:35   Link #30
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 03:20   Link #31
NeoSam

Yay the third volume of the seinen manga will be released sometime next month (July 2006), I'll post its cover when its available.

Anyway, I loved the first episode, very cute character designs >.<
Old 2006-06-30, 08:19   Link #32
DryFire
Panda Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Spoiler:
It's the rampant cuteness factor coming into play.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 11:54   Link #33
Chloe
Hmm?

The first episode was so cute! I can't wait to keep watching. I expected some yuri because its seinen, but obviously there is none :P

I hope this episode doesn't go down hill form the first episode, 10 seems to be a little short. I will just have to wait and see I suppose.
Chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 12:56   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
...I think a lot of people will probably be attracted to this show for just Kaneda Tomoko and Sakamoto Maaya.
And they were both great. Kaneda Tomoko's voice can apparently just pull the tears right out of me. I kept listening for Fujioka Haruhi in Sakamoto Maaya. The mother's voice is Hisakawa Aya, too. Not too shabby.

I enjoyed the show, but it is a mixture of slice-of-life and over-the-top sentimentalism. If you don't enjoy the sentimentalism (which I do), it may be hard to enjoy the show. I really liked the OP by Splash Candy. The fresh and harmonious voices and somewhat old-fashioned song created the right mood. I was surprised to see Avex Mode involved. That may explain the little hints of fanservice, minimal as they were.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 10:37   Link #35
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Kaneda Tomoko's voice can apparently just pull the tears right out of me.
yes, she was very sweet... I wondered how she'd pull a non-comedic role and I'm very impressed.
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 13:50   Link #36
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I just watched the first episode raw. It seems really cute and sappy.

Spoiler:

Anyway, here's my full impressions. So far, it's a keeper for me!
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 23:54   Link #37
Keitarou
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
I just watched the first episode raw. It seems really cute and sappy.

Spoiler:

Anyway, here's my full impressions. So far, it's a keeper for me!
Hum, hum...

Spoiler:

As for the other stuff, voice-acting was expectingly good, animation on the other hand was more of a let down. The animation itself is somewhat above average, but there were several bad scenes, also regarding the design, ~17min in the episode - the whole running sequence was outright bad, also while the art is pretty nice, it has this "hard" feel on the viewer, I think I remember somebody mention thick lines in the thread, yep, that's pretty much it, characters and backgrounds simply don't flow together.

Anyway, overall the first episode was a decent adaption of a pretty nice manga, if you like slice of life stuff this one is recommended. ;)
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 13:54   Link #38
DaFool
Resident devil

Actually that was me who associated thick lines with Toei animation. However, the drawings here were more soft--and definitely not Air Gear grade--, and I don't think I saw TAP in the credits. I would say it approaches the watercolor feel of Koi Kaze, but not quite. Now overall I'm starting to gravitate towards the more serious hardcore seinen slice of life, Koi Kaze and Mushishi are good examples. But this is still palateable.

As for feel / plot, yep it was very sappy, and that sort of destroyed the slice-of-life of it. My feeling is similar to the first episode of this other sappy seinen slice-of-life anime, Shinigami no Ballad.

Well, its short, so it should get better later on as they lay off the vinegar flavoring.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 13:59   Link #39
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
...As for feel / plot, yep it was very sappy, and that sort of destroyed the slice-of-life of it. My feeling is similar to the first episode of this other sappy seinen slice-of-life anime with the white-clothed girl shinigami death god (argh my memories ><)
Personally, I loved that other series from the start, and I enjoyed this ep more than I feared I would. Bring on the sappiness! But I definitely admit that some of it was over the top, almost ironic.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 23:54   Link #40
Bevisl

Binbou Shimai Monogatari Episode 02 Super screenshot

You will surprise it cap so much screens
Bevisl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, seinen