AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-03, 05:40   Link #1
gelo006

Post Anime that will make your adrenaline pumping?

Last time I asked people if there are animes that gives you chills. Now I'm going to ask if there are animes that will make your adrenaline pumping? A type of anime that makes your mind say "I want to watch every episode of it today" or something like that.

I would appreciate it if it's unlicensed. Last time i got bunch of animes that needed to be downloaded. Unfortunately, last time i tried to download an anime my computer crashed.

Anyways, thanks for the animes!
Old 2008-01-03, 06:09   Link #2
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

it depends on your tastes actually. what kind of animes do you like?

shojo? shonen? seinen? shojo ai? harem? yuri? yaoi? shonen ai? mystery? horror? rom-com?
romance? drama? tragedy? comedy? ecchi?

i can give you lots of recommendations if its in the romance, comedy and drama departments. not so much on the mecha types.
Old 2008-01-03, 06:19   Link #3
tbl
Affably Evil

Bleach: SS arc.
Code Geass
Gurren-Lagann
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-03, 08:09   Link #4
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Second Bleach
Minami-ke
----> Comedy
Clannad----> Good Anime
Old 2008-01-03, 08:47   Link #5
triggerc

I second Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. Gurren Lagann more so because I feel it is a once-in-a-decade rare find.
Old 2008-01-03, 08:57   Link #6
gelo006

I'm not really familiar to anime, especially with the Japanese terms that you just gave me.
Old 2008-01-03, 09:35   Link #7
Grimmer

For me, Kaiji is like that.
Old 2008-01-03, 12:14   Link #8
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelo006 View Post
I'm not really familiar to anime, especially with the Japanese terms that you just gave me.
What Japanese terms? Are you talking about the titles of anime? They're not even in Japanese.

I third Code Geass. And add Higurashi first season.

Last edited by tripperazn; 2008-01-03 at 12:30.
Old 2008-01-03, 12:21   Link #9
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmer View Post
For me, Kaiji is like that.
Yup. Kaiji is one of the best to fulfill this request.
Old 2008-01-03, 12:37   Link #10
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I second Kaiji and would like to add ef - a tale of memories and Seirei no Moribito.
Old 2008-01-03, 13:17   Link #11
Frans

If you like sport anime, you could try Major. It's a baseball anime which the main protagonist start as a kid. The 4th season just about to be aired. Each season have 26 episodes.
Or you could try Akagi... It's about a young man playing mahjong against gangster/yakuza/underground world.
Old 2008-01-03, 13:25   Link #12
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Fourth Code Geass
And Third Kaiji
Old 2008-01-03, 13:34   Link #13
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
You know Code Geass is being suggested a lot, so I will put that on my queue as well.
Old 2008-01-03, 14:20   Link #14
mdauben

Two recent anime that have me on the edge of my seat and resulted in my watching them in marathon viewing sesions were Seirei no Moribito (fantasy adventure series) and Heroic Age (scifi adventure series). Both have great stories, great characters and great action/fighting scenes. Very exciting!
Old 2008-01-03, 14:40   Link #15
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Absolutely Bacano! The most energetic, exciting, and downright cool show ever.
Old 2008-01-03, 15:06   Link #16
Freeze

like other have said Bleach is pretty good but only up until the Soul Society arc, after that the series kinda goes into filler but not as horrible as the naruto ones... but its still kinda meh... the fillers have ended but I just dont have an interest in the show anymore.

Also I guarantee you that Death Note wil make you want to see the whole series within a day, it is licensed but it should be fairly easy to find the subbed episodes.

Baccano! is also pretty good, Ive only seen 4 episodes, but its awesome, its very different from your usual anime's but in a very good way. bad thing though is thats its only 13 eps, but I guess having lots of eps would make a series quality decline.

Speed Grapher is also pretty good, Most of the eps endings just kind of leave you wanting more.

Also Naruto is pretty good, but after the Saske retrival arc it gets into alot and I mean alot of fillers. sadly the new series Naruto Shippuden doesnt live up to the original series, even with the manga ahead of the anime the idiots that make the anime feel they should but meaningless filler in every episode. I stopped watching the show only after 8 eps from boredom....

One Piece is also really good, just about every Arc is amazing, even the filler and yes I said the filler arcs are good because they just simply are. the series is pretty long its at like 300 something but still it is a very good show.
Old 2008-01-03, 16:46   Link #17
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
What Japanese terms? Are you talking about the titles of anime? They're not even in Japanese.
He was talking about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
shojo? shonen? seinen? shojo ai? harem? yuri? yaoi? shonen ai? mystery? horror? rom-com?
romance? drama? tragedy? comedy? ecchi?
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-03, 17:03   Link #18
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Ah, yeah I see it now, it would really help if he quoted the post. I suggest Wikipedia after all this is an anime forum and those are rather common anime terms.
Old 2008-01-03, 17:11   Link #19
lftwgr

shoujo = anime targeted at young ladies e.g. Sailormoon
shonen = at young men e.g. Dragonball
seinen = at people in their late teens until their 30s (or 40s) due to their more graphic nature (e.g. boat scene from School Days lol) or complex plots
shoujo ai (more explicit is called yuri - lit. 'lily') = lit. 'girl love' where we all know it's more than just friendship e.g. Maria-sama ga Miteru
shounen ai (explicit is called yaoi) = lit. 'boy love'
harem= one guy with many girls falling for him e.g. Love Hina (opposite is 'reverse harem' e.g. Fruits Basket)
ecchi = lit. means 'dirty' or perverse e.g. Mahoromatic
Old 2008-01-03, 19:18   Link #20
gelo006

I see, now i understand what those words mean. Thank you Iftwgr
Closed Thread