_Setsuna_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:55   Link #62
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
the guy with the non-working arm is cool. thus i will watch this
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 10:18   Link #63
Jerseykid

Another one with a cool premise. That makes like the 6th anime worth watching out of the new bunch.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 11:29   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Pretty solid first episode. Those two guys really got into a tough situation here. One having to get by for 2 years, and losing the ability to use one arm is pretty rough. Though Toki also got a bad loss losing sight in one eye. Going to be a troublesome blindspot when things get rough.

Wonder what is up with the yakou and the philosophical questions.

Well should be a fine series to follow.
Old 2008-04-16, 11:52   Link #65
Jiyuu

the answer is allusion btw, thats what i think anyway XD

and I'd say losing an arm in edo period japan is worst then losing an eye..
sure 3d perception is important, but having the power to fully use a katana is more important .
Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2008-04-16, 12:15   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
the answer is allusion btw, thats what i think anyway XD

and I'd say losing an arm in edo period japan is worst then losing an eye..
sure 3d perception is important, but having the power to fully use a katana is more important .
Spoiler for ep2:
Would definitely agree the one arm being mostly useless is a pretty serious loss. Would have to pick up the skill of using a sword with just one arm. Definitely a handicap, no expert on sword skills so no clue how well he'd be able to deal with it.

Guess you would take having not quite the same wideness of vision in exchange for two capable arms.
Old 2008-04-16, 12:43   Link #67
Jiyuu

generally speaking the problem with having just one functioning eye is not really your field of vision as the loss is around 30% or so..
the reall issue (specially with martial arts, and even more so with swordsmanship) is that it destrois your depth of vision.
and not being able to tell where objects in 3d space are is an issue(not knowing how close is the enemy blade to you is not ideal )
but and thats a big but for it to actually matter is mostly with experts.. in an expert fight having one eye is a pretty big disadvantage, tho its a disadvantage you can make up for with other skills, but for a novice having just one hand is a real issue.
when too not-so-skilled people are fighting the most likely scenario is that the more physically capable person will win.
moreover with one eye you can learn sword techniques normally just with the disadvantage of eyesight during the actual battle.
using a sword with one arm will require you to invent more techniques as most of them are based on using two hands(not that there aren't any for one hand, but when talking about a katana its mostly based on two hands and while there are some for one they are more for specific scenarios and not for general fighting..)
Old 2008-04-16, 13:21   Link #68
FuzzyWuzzy

Episode 1 isn't that good. I don't know the genre of this anime. It looks like action but it sucks in the action department.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:30   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Lol. I so thought of rental magica when you said that

Yes, and from the OP it looks like he has more tricks that just that eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Episode 1 isn't that good. I don't know the genre of this anime. It looks like action but it sucks in the action department.
Depends on you if you want to give it a chance or not, but it is still too early to judge on the action imo. Well a unique point is that you don't see a female warrior commonly.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:57   Link #70
FuzzyWuzzy

What's with that female warrior and showing her belly button. In that era, that is considered very erotic. Even prostitutes in that era are very covered up.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 19:52   Link #71
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
What's with that female warrior and showing her belly button. In that era, that is considered very erotic. Even prostitutes in that era are very covered up.
Whats with the demons attacking people...I didn't read that in my japanese history books?!?

Ah jeez I love anime sometimes...As for the first episode it was a nicer intro and the only thing that really irked me was the robot voice on the smaller one. Somehow found myself wishing it sounded more insidious or creepy not so much like a literal computer...meh.

Highlight was Romi's Kuchiha...The combination of the voice, the sword, and the hair.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 20:17   Link #72
Kaijin
かいじん

I loved it! It may not be riddled with action, but it was very engaging and I found it really intriguing. I'm sure this will be the type of show to built up its plot and flesh out its characters. I, for one, cannot wait for the next episode! Thanks a million Ureshii
Old 2008-04-16, 20:44   Link #73
LKK

I liked it as well. The virtual reality museum was nicely done. I don't know if there are any museum / attractions that can do what that museum did. If not, I expect it's a reasonable progression of how attractions are evolving. Taki's blind eye surprised me. I expected it to be without a pupil since that's how blindness is normally depicted in anime. I didn't expect it to look exactly like his other eye with a color change. The lecture on what it means to tie a kimono backwards, how that's reserved for corpses, has got to be a foreshadowing of something ominous. Lady Longhair's outfit was certainly revealing for its time. (Sorry, I'm bad at remembering character names.) I think she misunderstood what Taki was saying about how his life has always been like a dream. His words left me feeling sorry for him because he hasn't been a part of the world around him. The blond turned black-hair may have learned courtesy during his 2-year stay in that world. But clearly that's just a surface veneer. I expect him to get into more pointless fights as the series progresses.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 21:01   Link #74
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I don't know if there are any museum / attractions that can do what that museum did. If not, I expect it's a reasonable progression of how attractions are evolving.
I love history and if we ever progress to having such museums, you bet I'd be there! It certainly would make history more appealing to those who might find it boring.

Quote:
Lady Longhair's outfit was certainly revealing for its time. (Sorry, I'm bad at remembering character names.)
Kuchiha. Although I'm also bad at remembering, especially if there's a big cast introduced fairly quickly & then I'm lost until I've watched a fair bit of episodes.

Quote:
I think she misunderstood what Taki was saying about how his life has always been like a dream. His words left me feeling sorry for him because he hasn't been a part of the world around him.
I think so too. I also feel badly that he felt so isolated and removed from everything around him, but I'm sure that will be a key point in his development as a character; becoming more involved with the world around himself (an active participant) rather than as a voyeur looking at life pass by. The VR Edo world will become more real to him than the real world maybe?

P.S. Love the ED!!! I can't stop playing it. The full album version will be released only on June 18th...so until then...the ED is on repeat!

Last edited by Kaijin; 2008-04-16 at 22:03.
Kaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 00:52   Link #75
ThoHell

This is a rather interesting series, kind of mysterious. It's a reincarnation of Teresa from Claymore, pretty hot....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 02:14   Link #76
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkouhyou View Post
The anime art really awful. Maybe Amatsuki is a little too dialogue-heavy to make an easy transition to anime (but it gives the voice cast a chance to shine. I can't wait for Suwabe as Bonten!)

Spoiler for re: manga:
Only 13? Ha.... I guess they are going to use original plot than....
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 02:26   Link #77
Chase

Spoiler for episode:

I give it a 8.5 overall
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 05:44   Link #78
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I see people bandying that this series is only 13 episodes in length. Could someone provide links to official information or supportable evidence on that? As best as I can see at the Amatsuki website (link), there has been no mention of the length of this series. Otherwise, it is best that we should not be perpetuating an episode count for the series when there's no official information nor supportable evidence on that.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 07:04   Link #79
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

A yet another very watchable show. I loved the action as well as the dour atmosphere.

Jun Fukuyama and Romi Paku were instantly recognizable from their voices and yes, the music pretty much kicked ass. I was genuinely surprised.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 07:10   Link #80
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
watched the first episode was pretty boring as first episodes go. Looks like it going to be the typical historical, stuck in the past, while fighting demons. Didnt get me too excited the animation was decent I was not impressed but the voices although 2 were familiar the rest didnt stand out to me . Maybe it will take time for me to warm up to it. I did like the samurai girl though her look and style were pretty unique. The best part of the episode was watching her proceed toSuper dragon kick Shinonome in the back of the head and then stomp his ass into the mud all while yelling at him, that had me laughing pretty hard.

Tags
historical, studio deen, supernatural