Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 17:17   Link #1001
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Fighting with a speech isn't pathetic at all.
You can't say that as a general rule - this greatly depends on who you are talking to.

Quote:
The power of words, making everyone a point hitting sharper than any punch, is a noble thing to do. Violence was already wearing Nia out, and the last thing she wanted in that situation. Don't underestimate the power of a rousing speech.
While you can do quite some things by talking, you can only reason with people who are reasonable, not with megalomanical freaks like Yoshihiko. Talking to them is just a waste of time, as you won't get anywhere at all.
Muneguy's talk is therefore pretty stupid, as he fails to realise that it's not going anywhere - he thus completely failed to assess the situation properly, while Yoshihiko is only laughing at his ineptitude.
If it wasn't for the Amakusa outbreak, Yoshihiko would've killed Nia by having her fight Juubei. Nia's disadvantage is that she can't go for very long, so very soon she would've been beaten by Juubei.
Old 2010-12-18, 17:41   Link #1002
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
While you can do quite some things by talking, you can only reason with people who are reasonable, not with megalomanical freaks like Yoshihiko. Talking to them is just a waste of time, as you won't get anywhere at all.
Muneguy's talk is therefore pretty stupid, as he fails to realise that it's not going anywhere - he thus completely failed to assess the situation properly, while Yoshihiko is only laughing at his ineptitude.
If it wasn't for the Amakusa outbreak, Yoshihiko would've killed Nia by having her fight Juubei. Nia's disadvantage is that she can't go for very long, so very soon she would've been beaten by Juubei.
I agree with you, as every time he opens his mouth I too wants to see his face getting punched to shut him up. However, the problem is, Mune actually needs Yoshihiko to be conscious in order to use the army of girls in order to save the country for Amakusa, so for the time being he can't kill or incapitate him yet and need to work together. Afterward, though, I seriously wants to see Mune delivers Yoshi the ass-whopping that he so rightly deserves...
Old 2010-12-18, 22:12   Link #1003
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I agree with you, as every time he opens his mouth I too wants to see his face getting punched to shut him up. However, the problem is, Mune actually needs Yoshihiko to be conscious in order to use the army of girls in order to save the country for Amakusa, so for the time being he can't kill or incapitate him yet and need to work together.
Yo certainly mean "from" and not "for", right?
When the girls are deployed from the planes, Yoshihiko already is incapacitated - he crashed through the floor after being saved from a big boulder by Nia.
The girls still attack, so he doesn't need to be concious for them to attack.

Quote:
Afterward, though, I seriously wants to see Mune delivers Yoshi the ass-whopping that he so rightly deserves...
Yes, but I really doubt Muneguy will whop anyone's ass - at best he'll hold him another lecture and wag his finger
If there's anyone who will whop Yoshihiko's ass, it will be Juubei.
Old 2010-12-18, 22:20   Link #1004
jdennis007

I am wondering since Muneguy became a full General will that allow him to unlock Jubei's other mode? People also forget that Muneguy and Yoshi have known each other for years and he was trying to save an old friend (not to mention killing her brother would probably upset Sen).
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 00:41   Link #1005
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

lousy internet problems

Quote:
So, there's a vomic (voiced manga) out there, I think it's part of the BD/DVD that is now subbed...there's two parts, the first one is okay but the second is definitely funnier for me.
Spoiler for special:
My my, the 4koma artist got "animated" this sounds like a good way for mangaka to go, Voice Manga. Looking at the site though, this voice manga is an original, and not a voiced one of his other 4koma for Hyakka Ryoran. Man, what I'd give for those to be "voiced"

By the way, Beta-chan... lol. Fundoshi assistant. What has she done in recent eps anyways, but this is Hanzo's moment. That desperation in her voice... I am a huge fan of her. Does that make me a Super M Strategist Glasses guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
I am wondering since Muneguy became a full General will that allow him to unlock Jubei's other mode? People also forget that Muneguy and Yoshi have known each other for years and he was trying to save an old friend (not to mention killing her brother would probably upset Sen).
I never really got to hating Yoshi. I mentioned in my previous posts, this guy can be equated to Mune-guy when it comes to romance. I do believe in second chances, and this guy from the get-go ruined everything about Arta-chan, but he approached her for things not romantic, so it's not like he knew an trampled on her feelings back then. And now he finally realized that wellm she really loves him, and he can change, and that he's not all an evil baddie. This is I guess one of the Mune-guy specialties, since he knew Yoshi isn't really a cruel guy at heart (even though he did cruel things, he didn't have the "I'm an evil guy out to destroy the world" kind of mentality in the past)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 00:46   Link #1006
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Himeji+Midonin for Muneakira:

There are worse leads, but this one can only utilize his mouth, be it for lecturing or kissing

Generally speaking, I think they should have used the Queen's Blade or Koihime Musou formula, also for this one, since they never planned to use the male lead, anyway
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 06:11   Link #1007
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

There are worse leads, but this one can only utilize his mouth, be it for lecturing or kissing

Generally speaking, I think they should have used the Queen's Blade or Koihime Musou formula, also for this one, since they never planned to use the male lead, anyway
Unlike those two examples, as you said, they need someone to use his mouth for something. Sure, being a power-up boost kisser isn't all that much, but at least there's a use.

Quote:
Yo certainly mean "from" and not "for", right?
When the girls are deployed from the planes, Yoshihiko already is incapacitated - he crashed through the floor after being saved from a big boulder by Nia.
The girls still attack, so he doesn't need to be concious for them to attack.
Yeah, I meant from there. Stupid Freudian Slip (well, not exactly Freudian, but I guess I'm thinking of Yoshi too much of a villain it kinda slipped). I need to see the scene again later on, but I think due to Nia saving him Yoshi wasn't really knocked out for that long anyway. Besides, besides being a MS general, he's still a leader of some kind, he still needs to lead his troops (the normal non-MS one) as I vaguely remember that with Yoshi not being there, the troops is confused without a leader. The point is, yes, he deserves that, but he's still needed as a leader of a great force in order to fight the greater evil.

Quote:
Yes, but I really doubt Muneguy will whop anyone's ass - at best he'll hold him another lecture and wag his finger
If there's anyone who will whop Yoshihiko's ass, it will be Juubei.
Well, I'm just being (perhaps foolishly too) optimistic, because if he did that then I'd enjoy it very much.
Old 2010-12-19, 10:28   Link #1008
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
He's been a central character in the narrative more or less since the beginning, so I don't see how he was never used.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 15:05   Link #1009
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
I am wondering since Muneguy became a full General will that allow him to unlock Jubei's other mode?
What "other mode"? There's only the normal, blue-eyed Juubei, and the golden-eyed demon Juubei, which got unlocked when Muneguy kissed her the first time. I don't see what "other mode" she should still have, which still needs to be unlicked?

Quote:

So true
And he's not even very good with the kissing, as he managed to only kiss Sen and Yukimura and was too much of a wimp to kiss any other girls

Quote:
Agreed, an all-female cast would've been much better here. Muneguy is really totally useless and superfluous
They should've better used Naoe as the main character and then have her kiss the girls to become master samurai, that would've been so much more interesting

Quote:
He's been a central character in the narrative more or less since the beginning, so I don't see how he was never used.
I really wouldn't call him a central character. He's simply "just there", and that's it. He's never done anything important (except for kissing three girls).
The story would've not only worked very well without him, it probably would've even been better without him
Old 2010-12-19, 15:34   Link #1010
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

For the people who read the novels, how accurate are we portraying the events?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 16:01   Link #1011
Dahak86
Classics never age

OMG, ep12 screens!! =>
Spoiler for comments:

Quote:
Quote:
They should've better used Naoe as the main character and then have her kiss the girls to become master samurai, that would've been so much more interesting
hahaha, yeah, that would have been lots of fun!
Old 2010-12-19, 16:22   Link #1012
blitz1/2

Quote:
What "other mode"? There's only the normal, blue-eyed Juubei, and the golden-eyed demon Juubei, which got unlocked when Muneguy kissed her the first time. I don't see what "other mode" she should still have, which still needs to be unlicked?

So true
And he's not even very good with the kissing, as he managed to only kiss Sen and Yukimura and was too much of a wimp to kiss any other girls

Agreed, an all-female cast would've been much better here. Muneguy is really totally useless and superfluous

I really wouldn't call him a central character. He's simply "just there", and that's it. He's never done anything important (except for kissing three girls).
The story would've not only worked very well without him, it probably would've even been better without him
I have to refuse on the Naoe being your replacement Muneakira, seeing as she opposed kissing as dirty (despite being a warrior of love, that I would never understand)
but the problem lies with how badly they portrayed Muneakira, was it because his development was too slow? No proper opponents to fight? It was only the prev. ep that we started to develop some powers. (We can use this parallel to Needless' Cruz as well).

It appears to me that Muneakira's purpose was to display an ideal samurai character while the other girls were just for service purposes, seeing as he's the one with undying loyalty, virtues of a samurai, honour and etc.

Old 2010-12-19, 16:32   Link #1013
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It appears to me that Muneakira's purpose was to display an ideal samurai character while the other girls were just for service purposes, seeing as he's the one with undying loyalty, virtues of a samurai, honour and etc.
not a bad purpose at all... but I'd like to add the fighting purpose to that.
Old 2010-12-19, 19:27   Link #1014
jdennis007

We have not seen her in her sword chain mode.
Spoiler for NSFW Jubei sword mode:
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:48   Link #1015
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Good God, sword chain mode? didn't knew of that... That's freaking awesome! too bad, we aren't going to see it in the anime, right? I mean, I haven't seen anything like that in the screens... dam, we really need a 2nd season!
Old 2010-12-19, 20:10   Link #1016
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

pp

Quote:
I don't see what "other mode" she should still have, which still needs to be unlicked?
Aha, I don't think she has been licked yet. With her infatuation with doggies, I would love to be her doggie and be her first licker

/me runs

Quote:
See? It's always the blue-eyed MS Juubei. You'll never see yellow-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Good God, sword chain mode? didn't knew of that... That's freaking awesome! too bad, we aren't going to see it in the anime, right? I mean, I haven't seen anything like that in the screens... dam, we really need a 2nd season!
I had always wondered why 2 different colored swords. Now we know (but will we see it?)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:55   Link #1017
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Episode 12 is win for Jubei-chan. Freakin awesome. XD
Old 2010-12-19, 22:04   Link #1018
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
snake blade anyone?
Old 2010-12-19, 22:04   Link #1019
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Episode 12 is win for Jubei-chan. Freakin awesome. XD
Lol.

Gisen: Who are you?! You are not my Jubei onee-sama!

J: I am not Jubei nor JUBEI, but JuBEI, the samurai that would defeat you!

If you don't get the joke, it's from DBZ

Old 2010-12-20, 05:52   Link #1020
ZeKeR
Superbad

gentlemen... SUBS!

Tags
action, ecchi, light novel adaptation, seinen, shounen