Old 2018-10-14, 20:48   Link #801
tsunade666

Its back? for real?
Old 2018-10-14, 21:15   Link #802
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It will return in Jump SQ, not WSJ.
Doesn't the English Shonen Jump cram in all sorts of stuff that doesn't get published in the Japanese one (seeing as how we only get the one Jump in English)? I mean if the only way to get the official English release is going to be to wait for the full volumes to be published I guess I'll just wait for those instead, but if Viz sticks it back into their digital magazine, I'm planning to re-engage my subscription even if it's only in there once a month.
Old 2018-10-15, 01:00   Link #803
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

https://twitter.com/W_Trigger_off/st...38307354890240

According to the official twitter account, the manga will be back in WSJ on the 29th of October, before switching to Jump SQ in December. So it will have a short weekly run and then switch to being monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
^As long as it finally returns it can return in any magazine it wants to. Preferably a monthly issue but I'll take 3 months as well. Still would prefer monthly updates of WT.

Spoiler for Maybe this game will also get a return?:
Ah, Smash Borders. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

I doubt they bring it back, but I sure hope they do eventually. A lot of the custom designs were really cool and cute.

Still get sad everytime I see that image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Doesn't the English Shonen Jump cram in all sorts of stuff that doesn't get published in the Japanese one (seeing as how we only get the one Jump in English)? I mean if the only way to get the official English release is going to be to wait for the full volumes to be published I guess I'll just wait for those instead, but if Viz sticks it back into their digital magazine, I'm planning to re-engage my subscription even if it's only in there once a month.
Going by what the Viz editor, letterer and translators of the manga have been saying on twitter, the indication is that it will be back in the magazine proper. Viz's English SJ already publishes SQ manga on the regular (Blue Exorcist and Sereph of the End) so they will add it in after the end of its weekly run.

Given that the series is also one of the mainstays of ESJ (the only new one that stayed in the magazine while all others were cancelled) I do think they will be keeping it. No reason not to, esp. with the fans that have been waiting for it.
Old 2018-10-15, 06:13   Link #804
James Rye

https://mobile.twitter.com/Anime_W_T...44334594916352

Apparently Wt will get a celebratory animation project. Probably 30 minutes recap made by Toei or something like that. Given how quickly we got a "2nd season" right after the firs t 50 episodes of WT I think Toei really wanted this to be a long-running series which the long hiatus of Ashihara broke down to pieces. Even many months later after the hiatus was already set in stone they still had published stuff like Chika being carried by Osamu, Yuuma and Hyuse in a Horse competition.

Looks like there will be even more to Wt's rebirth:

http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/p...ibo-that-wt-is

To celebrate, a variety of campaigns will be going on:

Starting from today, Jump+ is releasing two chapters a day of World Trigger for free to read on their site, and one chapter a day of Ashihara’s previous manga - Rilienthal. A total of 100 chapters of World Trigger will be free to read until the promotion ends on 3rd December, and 100 pages of Border Briefing File will also be available for the same time period.
The World Trigger Merch shop will be making a return from 2nd to 21st November
And there will be another Theatre Marathon Event of the anime with a cast & staff talkshow on 7th & 8th December

Maybe they will also have Smash Borders get a return to the mobile games as well?^^

Last edited by James Rye; 2018-10-15 at 06:50.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 10:40   Link #805
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its back? for real?
its back for 4 normal weekly chapters, at than it will go over to become a monthly one
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 16:39   Link #806
James Rye

So who else just reread the 164 WT chapters and was in a rush of nostalgic and happiness? <3

Man there were SO many things I loved about this series and rereading it reminded me why I was able to keep hoping that WT will return for 2 years. Its huge but well done big cast of characters, the awesome battles both job-wise and tournament-wise, the consequences of battles like lost Replica, Osamu really nearly dying, Agents leaving Border either on their own or due their parents, the keikus upon keikus and so on. I so cannot wait for Hyuse debut in the rank wars!!!
Old 2018-10-16, 16:59   Link #807
XFire
150% done

Quote:
So who else just reread the 164 WT chapters and was in a rush of nostalgic and happiness? <3

Man there were SO many things I loved about this series and rereading it reminded me why I was able to keep hoping that WT will return for 2 years. Its huge but well done big cast of characters, the awesome battles both job-wise and tournament-wise, the consequences of battles like lost Replica, Osamu really nearly dying, Agents leaving Border either on their own or due their parents, the keikus upon keikus and so on. I so cannot wait for Hyuse debut in the rank wars!!!
Oh good, not the only one, then.
Old 2018-10-17, 01:40   Link #808
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Coincidentally, I did that shortly before learning it was coming back. So, not so much happiness. Some frantic googling of "when will World Trigger come back?".
Quote:
Yes, I really want to see that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 11:58   Link #809
James Rye

But what I am also curious about is if Toei is still interested in the WT anime continuation given that their original plan was another 50 episode season after the first 50 episodes, but then Ashihara's health made that plan void and it ended at what 23 extra episodes with the end being chapter 124? That was right at the start of the Galogupa invasion and Jin did say in the end facts that his higher ups/side effect told him it might return someday. As far as I know they still hold the rights to it and all.
Old 2018-10-22, 12:18   Link #810
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Confirmation on it coming back to ESJ

Haha @Raijin-maru replacing Hyuse

Also, Toei made an illustration to celebrate the manga coming back.

Old 2018-10-22, 12:53   Link #811
James Rye

^Now I wanna see the promo pic below but with Rajinmaru added to it in Hyuse's place. XD
Old 2018-10-24, 13:06   Link #812
James Rye

Spoiler for My face knowing we get spoilers soon~:

I so can't wait for the spoilers!!! Hyuse's debut! The return of Godzuma! Will Chika "kill" somebody for the first time or not? And what crazy plan did the mad man Osamu thought up this time?! <3
Old 2018-10-24, 14:57   Link #813
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

First reaction: aww, those pics are making me feel real fluffy

Second reaction: huh, Osamu and Yuma’s position is wrong

Third reaction: ... super weird to see people like Ninomiya, Hyuse and Nasu giving such a hearty laughter ...

Final takeaway: pls protect Yuzuru’s and Ikoma’s precious smilies
Old 2018-10-24, 15:19   Link #814
Blaat

Laughing Kitora, what a rare sight.
Old 2018-10-24, 16:05   Link #815
James Rye

We need smiling/laughing Rajinmaru!!!
Old 2018-10-25, 12:26   Link #816
James Rye

HERE WE GO BOYS!!!

Spoiler for First page as Appetizer:
Old 2018-10-25, 23:29   Link #817
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's happening! Time for the best team tactics centric manga ever to make its comeback.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 01:42   Link #818
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's back, it's really back. With a setup chapter ending just before Osamu details his plan.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 11:42   Link #819
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Glad it's finally back. I wish it could remain weekly, but I'll take what I can get. I was afraid the author's drawing skills would have degraded a bit after this long, but the art was the same as ever.

As for the content of the chapter, what Osamu said has got me really worried. I think they're going to screw up in this match, which will increase the tension for the final match since they'll be forced to win big.
Old 2018-10-26, 12:20   Link #820
Wandering Soul

It feels great to have World Trigger back.

Osamu's bad feeling has me feeling really anxious about what might go wrong during the match.

Tags
action, shounen stargate