Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 15:40   Link #61
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I liked the first with his strong conviction.. than it turned into another standard sports anime. I thought from the first episode he would be the underdog team that took his team to the championship but than he joins a standard team. From there it became standard fare and boring. When I first saw the episode I was thinking more like the Bad News Bears.. team of losers that became winners.
Although, that would have been nice as well. I think the way they handled his leaving was nice.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 15:48   Link #62
erdii

actully I really hate those weak team defeats stronger team with spirit type manga. ı thought this would be similiar too. but main character is going to a strong team which many sport manga doesn't have. I want a stronger team getting more stronger. there are many manga weak team gets stronger and wins. but please tell me a sports manga in which that weak team wins a cup. please I really need a manga like that. all sport mangas are boring
Old 2013-10-13, 16:18   Link #63
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, it's the old H x H timeslot so that might be circumstantial evidence that they hope it runs for a while.
Just wanted to make a little correction.

This series is airing on TV Tokyo, not Nippon TV. It's not airing on old H x H timeslot, it's replacing Cross Fight B-Daman Es (52 eps) and Beast Saga (38 eps) timeslot.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 20:37   Link #64
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
Just wanted to make a little correction.

This series is airing on TV Tokyo, not Nippon TV. It's not airing on old H x H timeslot, it's replacing Cross Fight B-Daman Es (52 eps) and Beast Saga (38 eps) timeslot.
Sorry, my mistake.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 22:03   Link #65
Casshern

Goddamn dust in my eye
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 00:11   Link #66
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I liked the first with his strong conviction.. than it turned into another standard sports anime. I thought from the first episode he would be the underdog team that took his team to the championship but than he joins a standard team. From there it became standard fare and boring. When I first saw the episode I was thinking more like the Bad News Bears.. team of losers that became winners.
Daya's scenario is not cliche, yours are,
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 12:54   Link #67
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Pretty much sold on this series for at least a cour or two. If I continue after that would depend on how well they string along romance. Major for example had me for like 6 cours just stringing along the possiblity of romance, and I have a feeling this series would be as 'slow' as that. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Goddamn dust in my eye
You got it easy, as I swear someone was chopping onions in my bedroom.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 03:18   Link #68
Byakou

I much prefer strong team beats strong teams than weak team unrealistically pulls off victories when they shouldn't. That's way overdone in shounen already, and not just sports but any kind of shounen where the protagonists magically pull off shit that wouldn't happen in a million years.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 18:16   Link #69
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Okay, I finally caught up to this series and I must say it is mediocre to me so far. A Baseball series like Ace of Diamond will always have to compare with Major and I think that is the greatest weakness of this show. I don't know how many times I sat nailbiting infront of my TV when I was watching Goro making his next pitch. I don't really know if Ace of Diamond will achieve the same thing... But anyway I should wait for the next couple of episodes and after that I can judge over it.
Old 2013-10-20, 18:58   Link #70
Kirarakim

I am enjoying the show more each episode. As long as they keep the Catcher in the story, I'll be happy. He's my favorite so far.
Old 2013-10-20, 21:34   Link #71
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
A Baseball series like Ace of Diamond will always have to compare with Major <snip>
To be fair, I'm imagining Ace of Diamond as an alternate universe Major, where Goro stayed in that elite school instead of transferring out. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you. XD

Old 2013-10-26, 19:57   Link #72
Kirarakim

This series is getting better and better. It's an interesting development that the rival character is on the same team going for the same role.

That being said if a team has two great pitchers, just use them both and that way its harder for the other teams to get used to the pitching. And you also don't tire out your pitcher.

One question when they say they want to go to Nationals is that the same thing as Koshien or something else?
Old 2013-10-26, 21:50   Link #73
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Like how the rival pitcher is relies on his speed while Eijun relies on the curve. Liked the part where he played catch with himself.
Old 2013-10-27, 01:55   Link #74
hamazura
whatever

shit, cant resist to read the manga
Old 2013-10-27, 03:31   Link #75
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

AND we're introduced to the girl in ED. It's gonna be an uphill battle Wakana, but ganbatte!

Old 2013-10-27, 08:29   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's rare for an anime to show a guy have that much fun playing with himself...
Old 2013-10-27, 10:03   Link #77
Byakou

Anime logic: running = makes you better at throwing
Old 2013-10-27, 17:57   Link #78
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
It's rare for an anime to show a guy have that much fun playing with himself...
Depends on what type of anime you're watching. OK, ok, sorry sorry.

But yes that whole sequence of him playing catch withimself was really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Anime logic: running = makes you better at throwing
Nah, that was just the only task he can really do since he's been banned from practice and can't practice his pitching.

Now if only watching real life baseball was this fun and interesting.

Also 100 or so people fighting for what's essentially 9 spots, you just can't relax or even slip up a little. I can't imagine that makes the game any fun to be honest...well maybe for some people who really like the challenge.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:03   Link #79
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Running makes you better at pitching - not anime logic, but fact. Most of your power comes from the legs, and stamina to work deeper into games is crucial.
Old 2013-10-31, 14:36   Link #80
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post

Nah, that was just the only task he can really do since he's been banned from practice and can't practice his pitching.
If you look carefully, Tanba was also running late at night after they announced he was removed from the lineup, making you think that they genuinely think it will help them. Protagonist also started running more after he saw his rival throw, genuinely looked like he believed it helped.

Quote:
Running makes you better at pitching - not anime logic, but fact. Most of your power comes from the legs, and stamina to work deeper into games is crucial.
I was intrigued so I did a google search. I've found an article near the top of the search that said that sprinting might be good because throwing uses burst power, but not jogging. Found a second article that said long distance running for pitchers was completely useless and that pitchers should pitch more if they want to increase their endurance. Then I skimmed a third article that said the same thing, jogging is useless. So everything points towards what he's doing to be useless or near useless.

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports