AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2014-11-28, 04:58   Link #1
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Looking for help choosing between 2 PSUs

So much to my regret I used a cheap ass Huntkey 550w PSU for my CPU earlier this year and it's starting to give it seems (random restarts and shutdowns during gaming). I didn't read the boxes of my components properly and realized that i5 processor and a third party R9 280x will most likely push a poor quality 550w PSU such as mine.

So I decided to replace my PSU and discovered that locally we don't seem to have a lot of options for PSUs. I can't find a good 600-750w PSU locally under either Seasonic, Corsair or Antec, and so far I can only find 2 PSUs locally with somewhat good reviews:

FSP AurumGold 700w
Thermaltake Smart SE 730w

Reviews online say the FSP one is better, however it's a lot more expensive than the Thermaltake one. Of course I'm looking for the better quality for money and one I can still use when I upgrade parts in the future. Any suggestions?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 00:46   Link #2
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Normally I would never recommend getting the cheapest because it is cheap, specially with PSU''s because a broken PSU can cause problems for other parts if you're in bad luck. For that reason I would go for the Thermaltake specially if the reviews are better. That said; is it not possible to order a decent one of the main brands online for you?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote