AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-18, 05:17   Link #1
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Death Note (Live-Action Movie) discussion

I didn't know where to post this so I posted it here.

Anyway, it looks like a death Note Live Action-movie is coming. The official site: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/

And ofcourse: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758742/ .

So guys, what do you think?
Old 2006-03-18, 16:35   Link #2
HydraDragoon
???!!!???!!!?!?!

I'm a big fan of the manga and I hope they can pull this movie off. I worry though that they won't be able to do the manga the full justice it deserves, it's alot to cram into a few hours. Also they'll need some good special effects to make the Shinigami believable.
Old 2006-04-18, 08:11   Link #3
momogal
koi ni KNOCKOUT!

DEATH NOTE movie!

is anyone going to see movie of DEATH NOTE? i'm very excited!
because Lkun looks so good. i love L the most ヽ(●´з`)ノ.。.☆・゜

misachan has black hair in it but i think it will be OK...

will this movie come out in america!? i'm wondering. i hope it does for you!!
i'm sorry if this post isn't allowed.. 。゜(´A`)゜。 please forgive me

Last edited by momogal; 2006-04-18 at 08:29.
Old 2006-04-18, 08:55   Link #4
SlugZilla
woofles

She is not Misa. XD She is Naomi Misora, clumped together with all the "bad" guys(Misa will be Erika Toda). I still don't like the idea of Tatsuya Fujiwara as Light but I'll hold my thoughts till I see it.
Old 2006-04-18, 08:57   Link #5
momogal
koi ni KNOCKOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
She is not Misa. XD She is Naomi Misora, clumped together with all the "bad" guys(Misa will be Erika Toda). I still don't like the idea of Tatsuya Fujiwara as Light but I'll hold my thoughts till I see it.
sorry! i didnt mean girl on poster.. i have seen picture of misa! she has black hair.

Old 2006-04-18, 11:20   Link #6
Friera

Is there any more pictures from the movie? =\
Old 2006-04-18, 11:45   Link #7
Hunter Nin.

Well I'll certainly try and see it, hopefully the shinigami look good.

Here's a link to the official website http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/
Old 2006-04-18, 17:37   Link #8
Karnot
Banned

Any direct links to pictures ? The official site is a pain to navigate.
Old 2006-04-18, 19:35   Link #9
domino
デレデレ

This movie looks so good!!

It will probably never be in American theaters, but maybe on DVD... especially since the Red Hot Chili Peppers are doing its theme song... ^_^
Old 2006-04-18, 20:07   Link #10
deathbygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
Erika Toda, oh God that makes my day. She was really cute in Nobuta wo Produce and really nailed the part. Looking forward to it!
Old 2006-04-18, 20:58   Link #11
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by momogal
sorry! i didnt mean girl on poster.. i have seen picture of misa! she has black hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbygirl
Erika Toda, oh God that makes my day. She was really cute in Nobuta wo Produce and really nailed the part. Looking forward to it!
Me too, I liked her much in Nobuta wo produce so I'm excited about how she will perform.
EDIT: God damn, I totally confused her with Maki Horikita.
Old 2006-04-19, 00:07   Link #12
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin.
Well I'll certainly try and see it, hopefully the shinigami look good.

Here's a link to the official website http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/
Nice website, don't remember a guy being in the room last time I saw it. Wish I could read it .

Super Secret Deathnote Animation shhh...keep it under wraps

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Old 2006-04-19, 07:06   Link #13
Friera

I'm not quite sure if I'm happy about the choice of actor of Light\Raito and L. Tatsuya Fujiwara is a very talented actor and uber-cute... That's the problem for me, his too cute as Raito in my taste. I think a more masculine actor would fit better.
And Kenichi Matsuyama.... He hasn't the looks in my opinion. However, I haven't seen to much of him so I won't judge him just yet. Anyway, I'm looking soo forward to this movie! I love Death Note!
Old 2006-04-19, 11:44   Link #14
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

But Tetsuya looked really evil in the poster with his red apple...
Old 2006-04-20, 01:10   Link #15
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I heard Red Hot Chili Peppers were doinga song for it? Was I so messed up when I read that? LOL
Old 2006-04-20, 01:26   Link #16
domino
デレデレ

I really like the way the way L looks so far! But Light.... he's a good actor, but he doesn't look like Light at all and lacks the creepy not-so-Japanese face and long hair. I don't really like how they made Misa not have blonde hair, either... the dumb blonde look fit her personality and made her stand out. I wonder how they'll do the shinigami?

Though the actors are all awesome so this should be great! So many good actors from so many good things! Battle Royale, Shinsengumi, Nobuta o Produce, Prince of Tennis Musicals....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I heard Red Hot Chili Peppers were doinga song for it? Was I so messed up when I read that? LOL
Yeah, the song "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers will be this movie's theme. The sound of the music fits the movie pretty well, but the lyrics.... they don't fit Death Note at ALL...
Old 2006-04-20, 02:28   Link #17
deathbygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Yeah, the song "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers will be this movie's theme. The sound of the music fits the movie pretty well, but the lyrics.... they don't fit Death Note at ALL...
Well, if they're going to put more focus on Misa than in the actual manga, it works out (the song, that is). I've listened to the song, and it gives an impression of a very good "ending credit rolling" title. If that wasn't the basis of why they selected the song, then I'm lost as to why they went with it besides the stereotypical "wow, I think this is a pretty cool English song" reasoning.

The song itself is a continuation of a "saga", per se, of the RHCP (i.e. the story of Dani California, a ficticious woman who was first created in the song "By the Way", mentioned in "Californiacation", and continued in greater depth here; based on an amalgamation of the various women Anthony Kiedis, the lead singer and lyricist, dated in the past).
Old 2006-05-02, 15:26   Link #18
swedutch

Death Note Live Action Trailer!

yay, awsome manga will be turned into awsome movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u10Yz...page=1&t=t&f=b
Old 2006-05-27, 21:38   Link #19
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
by warner bros.... thanks for putting it up...... it looks so awesome...!!!!!!!!!!

6/17/2006 I WANT TO GO TO JAPAN TO WATCH IT.........
Old 2006-06-19, 09:38   Link #20
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
6/17/2006 I WANT TO GO TO JAPAN TO WATCH IT.........
<----------- (see my current location)

I just watched it! While I had read only a tiny bit of the Death Note manga (as I was
trying to read it in Japanese and the Japanese used is a bit complicated -- vocabulary-wise
at least), so I knew the story a little. I can say the movie turned out pretty well!

They did change quite a few plot elements though like:
- In the manga Raito is in high school when he finds the Death Note. In the movie he's already in university.
- In the manga he killed pages full of people before meeting Ryuka. But in the movie it's just 2.
... and I could go on for a bit longer ...

Another guy who was watching it with me told me there are even bigger plot elements
(especially concerning Naomi) they changed in the movie. But I wouldn't know -- I haven't
even read up to the part where "Lind L. Taylor" reveals himself in the manga yet.

All in all while it had a few slow moments (IMHO), it's a pretty good movie which I can
recommend to everyone. Though you'd better be pretty fluent in Japanese -- I'm not
and that was a bit of a problem especially in the beginning of the movie when a few things
happen in quick succession. Later on with more casual conversations I had less trouble.

For someone who hadn't read up until that far there were a few good plot twists in
the movie, especially near the end, where you think something has gone very wrong for Raito,
but the real reasons turn out to be very, very different (can't tell anymore without using
spoiler tags).

Ryuka looked pretty cool, though IMHO he lacked a bit in the "kinametics" (sp?) department.
Especially in the beginning his movements seemed pretty fake and not well done. Later
on I noticed this less and less though.

And L was brilliant btw -- easily the coolest character of the movie.

The ending btw leaves a lot of room for a sequel -- and indeed at the end of the credits
they announced the sequel (subtitle "The Last Name") would be released in November
(though alas, I won't be in Japan anymore by that time).

Anyway... just wanted to share my experience

(And to boast some more -- I also saw the PoT movie recently [which sucked I'm afraid]
and I will be seeing Brave Story and probably Gedo Senki before I leave. I love Japan )
Closed Thread