3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.74%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-09, 15:41   Link #201
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
A lot of people do know his identity, its just that its not allowed to be posted, not even in spoilers.
That shows you how much attention I have payed.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 15:52   Link #202
-Nyu-
Yozora

Go look on Random Curiosity, there you have all the identities^^
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 17:13   Link #203
wbc1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
A lot of people do know his identity, its just that its not allowed to be posted, not even in spoilers.
Some idiot (Krsnick02) already posted his identity in the "Speculation for identities of Servants and their Masters" and didn't even use a spoiler tag.
wbc1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 17:28   Link #204
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc1228
Some idiot (Krsnick02) already posted his identity in the "Speculation for identities of Servants and their Masters" and didn't even use a spoiler tag.
Report the post with the report button. That's why I no longer visit that thread Oh well, I still don't think I'd have guessed it without the spoilers.
Old 2006-04-09, 17:48   Link #205
kamikazex

damn poor rin man..that sucks now she cant even battle
she went pretty far too..as far as sacraficing archer for shirou and saber
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 18:31   Link #206
doughboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex
damn poor rin man..that sucks now she cant even battle
She's not helpless and not quite out of the fight yet.
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 18:36   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
& her own life.
Old 2006-04-09, 19:10   Link #208
kamikazex

how did she lose her command spells.
couldnt she jsut use one to summon him back?
like when shirou summened saber to fight rider
Old 2006-04-09, 19:17   Link #209
wbc1228

Quote:
how did she lose her command spells.
couldnt she just use one to summon him back?
like when shirou summened saber to fight rider
I was thinking the same thing.
It would of been better for Archer to have a new master.
It is sad to see him go.
wbc1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 19:20   Link #210
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I guess she probably knew he wanted to do it his way. Might've considered even if they did summon him he wouldn't be moving quickly and they'd probably be caught faster by Beserker and Ilya. I mean if he wanted to get away he probably had the ability to.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 19:22   Link #211
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
She could have but that wasn't the plan. Rin ordered Archer to hang back for a reason, and Archer perfectly understood that. While he mentions that it's a good plan for her to leave first and then he can escape later, the only people oblivious to what's really going to happen are Saber and Shirou.

Obviously Rin didn't want Archer to die, but that was how things had to happen to make sure Shirou, Saber and Rin escaped.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 19:35   Link #212
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah, just seems like a crazy thing to happen. I mean the guy who gets killed is the one person that can fight. Sure Rin has some abilities but it isn't going to cut it, Saber couldn't fight a cold right now, and the guy who got kidnapped in the first place probably wouldn't be much help. At least he got a good fight, though it would've been nice to take down Berserker as well.

Though can that guy be stoped? Maybe my mythology is off but does Hercules have any weaknesses? (other than being a bit short on the smart scale)
Old 2006-04-09, 20:03   Link #213
kamikazex

..i still think archer should've just ran away lol
Old 2006-04-09, 20:09   Link #214
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I have no problem with him running. I mean live to fight another day right? Frankly I think to beat Berserker they are going to need a nuclear weapon of some sort.
Old 2006-04-09, 20:10   Link #215
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
Yeah, just seems like a crazy thing to happen. I mean the guy who gets killed is the one person that can fight. Sure Rin has some abilities but it isn't going to cut it, Saber couldn't fight a cold right now, and the guy who got kidnapped in the first place probably wouldn't be much help. At least he got a good fight, though it would've been nice to take down Berserker as well.

Though can that guy be stoped? Maybe my mythology is off but does Hercules have any weaknesses? (other than being a bit short on the smart scale)
He can be killed, in fact he was killed 5 times. However, he keeps reviving. It has to do with the mythology of Hercules. I think it has something to do with the 12 Trials(or at least that's the way it's interpreted in this series).

As far as brute strength goes, he seems the strongest, but his real strength is that he keeps coming back after he is defeated. The fact that Archer was able to defeat him multiples times, even after being severely wounded, certainly says something about his skill.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 20:23   Link #216
molitar

I really hate tho what they turned Hercules into Hercules was good and defended the people. In the anime and I guess the game they turned him into a brainless evil bastard that will kill for no reason. I understand why archer didn't target Ilya because of who he is but damn.. why run?? Kill her and be done with it we all seen she is the ultimate evil! She had taken out Archer and knows Saber won't survive yet she is still going to kill them. I don't care how old she is they need to do the world a favor and kill her. Killed her and it would of been over but noooooo..... they have to fight berserker.. While Archer was fighting berserker Ilya would of been helpless.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 20:24   Link #217
Eclipze

To be precise, the preview for the next episode's title is, God hand: The twelve Labors.

It has something to do with Berserker's heroic spirit and the 12 labor tasks he completed. Think of each of the completed tasks (he completed all of them) as 1 life each. So yes, he is now left with 7 lives (Archer w/ UBW sure kicked his brute ass. )
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 20:40   Link #218
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ok that makes some sense now. I'm sad to say I thought they were talking about Archer with the 5 deaths thing. Oh well now this makes more sense. Though how they plan to kill him 7 more times (assuming no one else has gotten a kill on him yet) is beyond me.

Saber's noble phantasm (if she had the strength to use it) uses up all her power. It would count as one big kill but still just one. It's going to be one wild ride to finish things off. What Archer said to Shiro made sense. I mean he really can't fight himself, so he should use that ability to create something that can be used to fight in his stead (Saber weapon?).

Archer really surprised me in that fight. Sadly I underestimated how strong he was. It was amazing how he did all that damage and killed Berserker 5 times overall.

I can see how killing Ilya might make some sense. But really if she dies, is it possible that all control of Berserker would be lost. Would he just go on a wild killing spree being even more dangerous than he is now? Killing him makes the most sense to me. Though I wouldn't mind Ilya getting slapped around a bit, that girl seriously has it coming.
Old 2006-04-09, 20:40   Link #219
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
I really hate tho what they turned Hercules into Hercules was good and defended the people. In the anime and I guess the game they turned him into a brainless evil bastard that will kill for no reason. I understand why archer didn't target Ilya because of who he is but damn.. why run?? Kill her and be done with it we all seen she is the ultimate evil! She had taken out Archer and knows Saber won't survive yet she is still going to kill them. I don't care how old she is they need to do the world a favor and kill her. Killed her and it would of been over but noooooo..... they have to fight berserker.. While Archer was fighting berserker Ilya would of been helpless.
Notice how Archer calls her Ilya instead of Ilyasviel like everyone else? And the fact he said "you're still as merciless as ever"? That kind of hints at Archer knowing Ilya from somewhere. I doubt he'd want to kill someone he knows.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 20:49   Link #220
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I knew he wouldn't kill her when he said, "And I thought I'd thrown them away."Seeing as the title refered to ideals. I just don't see those ideals condoning killing a little girl. No matter how merciless and pretty evil she appears to be. I agree he probably wouldn't want to kill someone he knew, though it seems he doesn't have a ton of fond memories of her if that's what he said about her.