AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-01-13, 12:57   Link #821
dinho14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca View Post
(*No Spoilers Please! I’ve only gotten up to Episode 11)
I've never read Sword Art Online's manga or novels, I've only seen the anime, so maybe that's why I'm missing something here. But since I began watching the show I keep wondering how all the real bodies of the trapped players in the game are surviving without any nutrition or, especially, water.

Actually all players were simply brought to the hospital and received treatment when the incident went public.
dinho14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 13:42   Link #822
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinho14 View Post
Actually all players were simply brought to the hospital and received treatment when the incident went public.
This is correct. In the book, this was kinda explained by Kayaba, on the first day (omitted from Anime), but the Anime does bring it up in episode 13.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 03:32   Link #823
ginger02

Started watching the show since Toonami is airing it. Watched the 2nd arc and the first and last episode of the 1st arc. I really like Asuna and Sugu, but I have a question

Spoiler:
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 06:42   Link #824
dinho14

I'm afraid you won't see much of Asuna or Sugu in the new season.Gun Gale focuses heavily on the new character Sinon and her background.But if you like strong female characters with believable backstory you will love Sinon .If the new season will run for 2 cours they probably will adapt the Mother's Rosario Arc which focuses entirely on Asuna.

Last edited by dinho14; 2014-01-23 at 12:19.
Old 2014-01-23, 23:09   Link #825
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinho14 View Post
I'm afraid you won't see much of Asuna or Sugu in the new season.Gun Gale focuses heavily on the new character Sinon and her background.But if you like strong female characters with believable backstory you will love Sinon .If the new season will run for 2 cours they probably will adapt the Mother's Rosario Arc which focuses entirely on Asuna.
Thanks!
I'd rather focus on the ones we have. Seems like male characters don't get any development in this show other than Kirito. I heard there is another major guy, but not until much later.

I didn't know that arc was about Asuna, so looking forward to that. Sad though that it seems we won't see much Sugu, but who knows how the directors...uh, direct this new season.
Old 2014-01-24, 02:59   Link #826
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Thanks!
I'd rather focus on the ones we have. Seems like male characters don't get any development in this show other than Kirito. I heard there is another major guy, but not until much later.

I didn't know that arc was about Asuna, so looking forward to that. Sad though that it seems we won't see much Sugu, but who knows how the directors...uh, direct this new season.
the another major guy would most probably join after the timeline of season 2 and might have more air time than all female characters combined...
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 03:39   Link #827
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
the another major guy would most probably join after the timeline of season 2 and might have more air time than all female characters combined...

ooh that excites me. Too bad it'd only be in season 3, which if they do it might not be until 2016.

But would he really have that much screen time? I heard there is another character in that arc, Alicia or something.
I'm not quite sure how the arcs break down. I tried reading the wiki, but it seemed like SAO was split into many stories but Alfheim only had one central story, the Fairy Dance.
Old 2014-01-24, 07:27   Link #828
dinho14

Yeah Alicization is most likely reserved for a 3rd season.It's still ongoing and currently spans 5 novels.The new male character and Kirito are the main focus since the story is told from their respective views.Alice comes late into play.Asuna and the rest of the cast are even less present in this arc than Phantom Bullet.As for Alfheim:After the death game,the stuff with Sugo and the Phantom Bullet Arc Alfheim became the main game for Kirito and co.It's still a setting for some of the sidestorys.

Last edited by dinho14; 2014-01-24 at 09:37.
Old 2014-01-24, 08:51   Link #829
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
ooh that excites me. Too bad it'd only be in season 3, which if they do it might not be until 2016.

But would he really have that much screen time? I heard there is another character in that arc, Alicia or something.
I'm not quite sure how the arcs break down. I tried reading the wiki, but it seemed like SAO was split into many stories but Alfheim only had one central story, the Fairy Dance.
..the thing is, there are multiple story arc, include Fairy Dance, and all of these story arcs come together to form this series with the name of SAO.

And in the underworld/alicization arc, Alice would probably be introduced together with Eugeo, but if plots' pace and length of each season would be similar to season 1, then the time Alice give out her real significance would probably be season 4.
Old 2014-06-22, 15:46   Link #830
jj3cpo

Dont read this post if you dont want to see spoilers

Does Kirito Stay with Asuna in Swords Art Online Moving Forward?

First off i thought the show was brilliant for the first 14 episodes. As you see Kirito and Asuna grow together was just superb. Then there was episode 15-25.....like wtf. So in this period of time Kirito's adopted sister falls in love with him not once, but twice and what makes it worst is that Kirito doesnt ever really disapprove but kind of leads her on. And all this was kind of acceptable since the last few episodes you really see how determined Kirito is to rescue his love Asuna. In fact he has been determined since episode 15.

But then there was the awful garbage ending. For real they decided it was best to put more focus on Kirito and his Kind of sister who creepily loves him? -_- I mean the romantic dance and.....ugh. They at least showed Asuna at the end with blue hair but i just dont get any of it. The ending shouldve been aboud Asuna and Kirito reuniting. For real the ending almost ruins the entire show for me.

So what was up with the ending? Asuna and Kirito does stay together correct?
jj3cpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 16:10   Link #831
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj3cpo View Post

First off i thought the show was brilliant for the first 14 episodes. As you see Kirito and Asuna grow together was just superb. Then there was episode 15-25.....like wtf. So in this period of time Kirito's adopted sister falls in love with him not once, but twice and what makes it worst is that Kirito doesnt ever really disapprove but kind of leads her on. And all this was kind of acceptable since the last few episodes you really see how determined Kirito is to rescue his love Asuna. In fact he has been determined since episode 15.

But then there was the awful garbage ending. For real they decided it was best to put more focus on Kirito and his Kind of sister who creepily loves him? -_- I mean the romantic dance and.....ugh. They at least showed Asuna at the end with blue hair but i just dont get any of it. The ending shouldve been aboud Asuna and Kirito reuniting. For real the ending almost ruins the entire show for me.

Spoiler for Phantom Bullet and Mother Rosario Arcs:

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-06-22 at 16:21.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 09:24   Link #832
Farodin

Quote:
The ending shouldve been aboud Asuna and Kirito reuniting. For real the ending almost ruins the entire show for me.

I've read up to the newest novels and I can tell you the're in a rocksolid relationship.Asuna even has plans for her future with Kirito.Also I don't get why you're calling it a bad ending when they clearly reunite in the hospital in the last episode.About Asuna's blue hair.She created a new character for Alfheim Online since it becomes the main game for Kirito and his friends.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 12:29   Link #833
Krono

Quote:

What was up with the ending was that it had three plotlines to wrap up - Aincrad, Asuna, and Suguha - and only one episode in which to have the epilogue. So it spent most of the episode wrapping up the Aincrad and Asuna plot lines, then spent some time wrapping up the Suguha plotline, before switching back to finish wrapping up the Aincrad plot in the last minute or two. It didn't do anymore on the Asuna plot at that point because it had already wrapped that up.

As for your second question the short answer is yes, they do.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 13:34   Link #834
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Do I need to watch season 1 for the new upcoming season 2?
Old 2014-07-05, 13:36   Link #835
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Do I need to watch season 1 for the new upcoming season 2?
At least from the first episode, most of the references to the first season seem to be spelled out for you. It does appear to be building on what happened before, but seems to be heading in to a separate, distinct story arc. I think you could probably watch it if you want, though you may miss out on some details and connections.
Old 2014-07-05, 18:32   Link #836
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd recommend watching the first half of season 1 for this current arc.
Old 2014-07-05, 23:50   Link #837
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'd recommend watching the first half of season 1 for this current arc.
alternatively, I think it is also ok to watch the first 1.5 hour of extra edition
Old 2014-07-07, 06:19   Link #838
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
alternatively, I think it is also ok to watch the first 1.5 hour of extra edition
This is probably the best, 1 and a half hour is better than entire show for those who want to catch up fast.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:38   Link #839
Parousia

Does anybody know if there's a schedule in releasing the new episodes?
Old 2014-07-15, 09:03   Link #840
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
Does anybody know if there's a schedule in releasing the new episodes?
Sword Art Online II is a weekly TV show that airs every Saturday in Japan, at midnight or thereabouts depending on the channel; the earliest airings being at 11:30pm on Saturdays.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a