Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-02-24, 16:45   Link #21
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Well, the game is certainly looking nice, from those screenshots. The thing about two protagonists sounds pretty interesting, too. But now I just hope this game will be a decent challenge this time around. After all, both Celceta and Tokyo Xanadu felt a little too tame for me, difficulty-wise....
Yeah, I hope they improve on the boss design and make it more challenging this time.
Old 2016-03-08, 08:11   Link #22
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana will launch for PS Vita on July 21 in Japan, and for PlayStation 4 in 2017, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals. Both versions were previously given a “summer 2016” release window.

According to Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo, while the PS Vita version is being released first, development on the PlayStation 4 version is progressing side by side with the PS Vita version.

The magazine also reveals two new characters: a 12 year-old girl named Ricotta (voiced by Nozomi Yamamoto) who uses a whipmace, and a 24 year-old man named Hummel (voiced by KENN) who uses a bayonet.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/ys-viii-p...station-4-2017

Last edited by Se7enSword; 2016-03-08 at 08:37.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 09:06   Link #23
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

You thought Dana's dress wasn't revealing enough? We got you covered with Ricotta!
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 16:33   Link #24
marvelB

^Maybe the PS4 version will have exclusive content or something, so if that's the case then I suppose it's understandable that it comes out later.

That being said, I know what I'm looking forward to this summer....!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 07:21   Link #25
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has new information on Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana‘s systems and characters.

Quote:
System

Support Events:
Events will trigger as you gather up the people that wash ashore the island for your village. For example, when you add specific characters as friends, you may be able to go to a new area.

Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo suggests that while it doesn’t have anything to do with the main story, there appears to be different routes, probably related to PlayStation Network trophies.

Drifting Village:
As you develop your village, you’ll increase both its inhabitants and facilities. You can even farm. There are over 20 sub-characters, including characters you won’t meet if you’re only playing through the story.

Characters

Dogi (voiced by Kenta Miyake):
Adol’s long-time partner who last adventured with him four years prior. He went missing at the time of the sinking. His weapons and such have yet to be introduced.

Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo’s suggests that he will take on the duty of watching over the village, like Adol, but since their teams are split up by a defensive battle, he’ll likely be a battle character.

Captain Barbaros (voiced by Hirohiko Kakegawa):
The captain of the sunken Lombardy ship. He takes on the role of a leader that keeps the castaways in order.

Little Paro (voiced by Naoki Tatsuta):
A male parrot discovered by Captain Barbaros on the island. He takes on the role of a messenger after learning human language immediately.

Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo’s says that Barbaros is the captain you get to know after Ys V, who wants to help the passengers safely escape. Paro flies about and tells you about suspicious places, taking on a guidance role.
Quote:
Interview Tidbits

The game’s volume is the highest of any in the series yet.
Dana, the game’s second protagonist, is out to gather her memories, but she’ll also have action elements.
The sub-title can be translated as the “Day of Tears” and is a very important keyword.
The concept is to understand the mystery behind the adventure.
Since the setting is an unpopulated island, each NPC is being carefully depicted, and all NPCs will have events.
Actions are much faster compared to Tokyo Xanadu.
You can customize weapons in a form outside of shops, and things can also be bartered.
There are situations where monsters will attack and a defensive battle will occur. There are also tower defense elements. If you lose a defensive battle, you’ll get a game over.
The game’s control are fully customizable.
Downloadable content is planned and consists of free things, as well as costumes and accessories.
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/ys-viii-i...os-little-paro

Not mentioned in the article: The Limited Edition will cost ¥9504

Old 2016-03-29, 18:34   Link #26
marvelB

FINALLY, DOGI. I'm not even bothered if he ends up as an NPC this time around, because I'm just glad to see he made it to the game, period. He sure got a heck of a design facelift, though (lol, a goatee?). Well, I'm sure we'll still see him bashing in a wall or two at the end of the day, at least.
Old 2016-03-30, 11:53   Link #27
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Another blue hair girl that probably gonna have her heart broken by Adol. I hope this game is longer, I finished Celceta in less than four day days
Old 2016-03-30, 16:14   Link #28
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Another blue hair girl that probably gonna have her heart broken by Adol. I hope this game is longer, I finished Celceta in less than four day days
In the interview Kondo comments that it has the highest volume in the series so far, so it should be longer than Celceta.
Old 2016-03-31, 02:30   Link #29
marvelB

At most, I can see Ys 8 being around similar length to Tokyo Xanadu (which is pretty long compared to Falcom's past action titles). Otherwise, I don't see the game being that long, either (nor does it need to be, as was already mentioned). Save the 100+ hour quests for the Kiseki titles, lol.
Old 2016-05-10, 01:01   Link #30
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Falcom released a TV commercial today:

https://youtu.be/8eCa37QTl98

Pretty good!
Old 2016-07-19, 15:01   Link #31
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

OP video:

Old 2016-07-21, 15:27   Link #32
marvelB

Well, the game releases today, and better yet, I just got word that my copy is on the way! I'll post my first impressions as soon as it arrives!
Old 2016-07-22, 07:04   Link #33
dragon1412

Seriously. what does Japanese have against PC anyway ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 01:29   Link #34
marvelB

Time for a bump!

Finally beat this sucker just a couple days ago! I know I said in my last post that I would post first impressions as soon as I got the game, but.... I just got too addicted I guess, lol. Anyway, my thoughts:

Spoiler for Ys 8:
Old 2016-12-21, 01:16   Link #35
marvelB

Time to bump again!

So, we finally have more info on the PS4 version of the game! And like with Tokyo Xanadu, the big brother console gets its own exclusive content (which, judging from what the Falcom president is saying, probably has little chance of making it to the Vita version as DLC ). And speaking of TX, Kondo even says he's interested in making a sequel....
Old 2017-02-18, 04:02   Link #36
marvelB

Welp, we finally have confirmation of an Ys 8 localization.... courtesy of NIS America. Heck, we even got a PC release confirmed (I assume it's based off the PS4 version?). On the one hand, I'm stoked that an overseas release is finally on the way (and with dual audio, no less? Suh-weet! ). But on the other hand.... I have really mixed feelings about how NISA handles localization. And then there's Aksys working on Tokyo Xanadu, as well.... they just feel like odd choices to me, I guess. I mean, I guess I can understand if Xseed was too busy with other projects to work on those Falcom titles, but still....
Old 2017-02-18, 08:15   Link #37
Sacredus

NISA? It's really sad that this series went to such horrible publisher. Butchered translations, jokes inserted where there was not even joke in original, memes, changing names, bugs, inserting even more memes and censoring whatever they can.

R.I.P. Ys.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-19, 02:30   Link #38
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

The quality of translation dropped because it's not handled by Xseed, in exchange we got dual audio.. Interesting. Haven't played any Ys game so I'll wait until demo appear and see from that. I'm interested since it got high rating on amazon jp.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-19, 04:59   Link #39
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It's not like Xseed is the best with translation either anyway Although, NISA isn't much better... hopefully it won't be nepunepu tier translation

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 09:13   Link #40
Veriselle

I just tried the PS4 demo released today

Action is not my strong suit I played too much DW and SW so I'm kind of struggle but still manageable. I like the simplified battle system though, not really button smashing. The map is huge for a demo and has many perk like climbing/side climbing (which actually need a special item before it available) or jump timing like old RPG. So far the graphic is quite good for ps4 considering it's a vita port, still rough in some place but that's understandable.

I dont know previous y's, but adol as silent protagonist is kind of let down since he has good seiyuu. In-and-out voice over is usual for falcom games so yeah okay. There is glitch I think on event when the party met a baron/noble in the woods. Throughout the event adol is always in battle stance but he still follow the conversation with his head. When given option, adol model will move for a second to a normal standing and then back to battle stance.

I found MANY similarities with xanadu demo from the battle system, movement, battle style, etc. xanadu demo is much longer though, and bear more similarity to cold steel series so I'm inclined more to xanadu
Veriselle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
falcom