AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-02-19, 06:56   Link #81
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Razor sharp is good if your using white sharpness weapons
I'd rather use the Teostra set bonus than Razor Sharp (which I think is just a set bonus, though if it comes on a gem them it'd be worth it) along with a Weakness Exploit build.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 08:00   Link #82
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd rather use the Teostra set bonus than Razor Sharp (which I think is just a set bonus, though if it comes on a gem them it'd be worth it) along with a Weakness Exploit build.
I m hoping for a protective polish gem, gemming for speed sharpening is much easier than working teostra set or affinity build for me.

Master Touch is easier for Crit Draw build which is a bit counter intuitive for IG playstyle of not sheathing as much as possible.
Old 2018-02-20, 06:57   Link #83
GDB

Weakness Exploit is hitting a "weak point" and getting up to +50% affinity from doing so. Not to be confused with Crit Draw. Pretty easy to get overall, since there's at least a helm (Dragonking Eyepatch) and chest (Rathalos beta) that each give +2. I think the Teostra gloves also give +2.

That said, I've personally enjoyed gearing towards more quality of life types of skills. Aiming towards getting a Bazelgeuse mini-set to get Earplugs and then gem for Stun immunity, with the other two pieces + slots getting whatever I need for utility.
Old 2018-02-20, 08:57   Link #84
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Master's touch benefit is kind of limited unless you are fine with 1-2 useless skills. You are pretty much forced to use the gauntlets, the belt and either the helmet or the greaves, which means that you are forced to use Latent Power (powerful on paper but force you to play poorly to have it activated) and blast attack which is useless if you don't use any blast weapon.
The set itself doesn't really grant that much of deco slots either, so you really have to commit with a blast DB or blast SNS to take full advantage of blast attack + master touch and obviously weakness exploit.

I personally think Razor sharp is much better for IG because it comes with anti flinch and power prolonger which are better suited for IG, but then again, a generic handicraft 5 / AUP4-7 / Weakness Exploit / Non Elemental Boost set is better than most options for the vast majority of the melee weapons.
There is room for Protective Polish gem with that kind of set, which pretty much makes razor sharp and master touch set bonus borderline unappealing considering you are good to go with a slot 2 decoration.
Old 2018-02-20, 23:49   Link #85
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Spent a whole day hitting the tempered elder grind, took a whole day to get my first augment stone but once the first one dropped, the subsequent stones is dropping at a bit more reasonable rate.

Got my first hero glaive stone so i m stuck deciding which candidate to augment first. Nerg is a safe bet but Odo and Xeno glaive natural white is really tempting as well.

Protective polish gem also dropped for me in the process so it seems like i m closer towards a white sharpness build.

So far i m just rocking a mixed set focusing on atks and skill slot But i m working towards a 100% affinity + white sharpness set which should be easily achievable once i can get a WE gem.
Old 2018-03-06, 01:48   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/n...l/e180305.html
Quote:
- Becomes the best-selling title in Capcom's history -

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter: World for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One*1 has shipped 7.5 million units worldwide (including digital download sales). A PC version is to be released at a later date.

The Monster Hunter series consists of hunting action games that pit players against giant monsters in a beautiful natural environment. The series has sparked a social phenomenon known as the "Monster Hunter Craze" by introducing a new kind of communication style for players through cooperative play focused on hunting monsters with their friends. Since the first Monster Hunter title made its debut 14 years ago in 2004, the series has attracted a dedicated fan base, and overall grown into a mega-hit with cumulative sales of more than 48 million units worldwide as of March 5, 2018.

Monster Hunter: World is the latest entry in the series, and the first new Monster Hunter title for home consoles in nine years. It is also the first title in the series to be given a global simultaneous launch, and was given an ambitious worldwide promotional campaign in order to further build upon its fan base both in Japan and in markets overseas. As a result, Monster Hunter: World has overcome both linguistic and cultural barriers to delight approximately 7 million players worldwide, and has shipped 7.5 million units, making it the best-selling title in company history.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all users by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities in order to create highly entertaining gameplay experiences.
7.5 million baby! We mainstream now!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 12:12   Link #87
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Monster Hunter: World - Devil May Cry Collaboration
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 11:02   Link #88
Kafriel
Senior Guest

CAPCOM:
- Oh look, this MH:W business is catching up real nice, do you think it could reach DMC levels of fame?
- One way to find out!

Sort of reminds me of those MGS: Peacewalker extra ops that had Snake hunting down a T-Rex.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 14:14   Link #89
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
CAPCOM:
- Oh look, this MH:W business is catching up real nice, do you think it could reach DMC levels of fame?
- One way to find out!

Sort of reminds me of those MGS: Peacewalker extra ops that had Snake hunting down a T-Rex.
Which can be quite amusing. Oh, and one more thing:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 20:58   Link #90
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
So I'm at the point where you're about to "fight" Zorah Magdaros for the 2nd time and have done every quest aside from events and some of the arena challenges (tho i've killed the Pukei Pukei, Kulu-Ya-Ku, and Rathian in pre-set gear challenges)

Tbh the only enemy that's ever given me shit so far is Kirin. Diablos? It's so cute how it tries to tackle me to no effect. Anjanath? The definition of a big target. Rathalos, Legiana, ect? zzz. Although there's an optional quest vs a Rathalos and Rathian...wonder how that's going to go down

But Kirin? !@#$ that thing. Especially when it starts limping and proceeds to spaz out just to waste your time

Oh yeah, IG user here
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 22:10   Link #91
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

PC release date is this August 9th. So freaking hyped!

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 11:55   Link #92
Chosen_Hero

Ok, let's open the betting pools, how long until the game is hacked and cheaters run rampant? I will be very generous and give it two weeks to a month.
Old 2018-07-12, 11:58   Link #93
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Well Luckly its no PVP so cheaters wont really ruin your game.
Old 2018-07-12, 13:14   Link #94
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Well Luckly its no PVP so cheaters wont really ruin your game.
Cheating is not restricted to just pvp, just watch how after a while someone calls for help and the one that appears just one shots the monster trivializing the hunt.

It is not a matter of if it will happen, but of when.
Old 2018-07-12, 16:48   Link #95
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Cheating is not restricted to just pvp, just watch how after a while someone calls for help and the one that appears just one shots the monster trivializing the hunt.

Well if they want to make it so no mods or adjusting of files disconnect you from the internet, they can. DoA5 does it.
Old 2018-07-12, 19:02   Link #96
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Well if they want to make it so no mods or adjusting of files disconnect you from the internet, they can. DoA5 does it.
But will they? Either way problems inherent to the PC will arise and people will still complain.
Old 2018-07-14, 09:14   Link #97
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

Unless they thoroughly screwed up, that shouldn't be possible. If it were, it'd already be happening. The server should be checking for "legal" stats as you connect to it.
Old 2018-07-15, 06:27   Link #98
Chosen_Hero

I vote that the handler stays looking as she currently is forever, who's with me? Too bad you have to buy that outfit to make it permanent.

As for Behemoth, you can bet your ass I will be taking on the challenge of soloing him... Especially now that I have a shiny new great sword that eerily looks like the buster sword had a rocket strapped onto the back of if.
Old 2018-07-15, 09:59   Link #99
dragon1412

Not really, the whole point of MH is to cut up monster to get better weapons and armor and then cut up the monster, it's the cut up part that is nice to enjoy, frankly, cheat to get more material is not even matter that much. And cheat to damage in online is guarantee to fail if you implement some kind of cap that normally unreachable.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 07:58   Link #100
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

The only Monster Hunter game I played was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP.

It has been a long time. Gunlance will be my main weapon of choice. Though, I am curious about the Charge Blade.

*starts saving*

Tags
monhun, ps4/xboxone(x)/pc, steam