AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-26, 08:40   Link #441
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

If I may interrupt the discussion;

V8 has since blown my fanfic into AU territory by providing a description of the known Disasters. So while planning the thing again, I thought I'd alter my OC as well. Specifically, I want to change him to something similar to Blood Leopard: fast and melee-combat oriented, using his shield, and balanced with the weak red-colour avatar. Gold, any thoughts? I'll put the character bio tomorrow.
Old 2013-02-26, 11:53   Link #442
Sunder the Gold

Does he have a weak, relatively slow first form and a strong, faster-than-Blue super form?

If not, I don't think he would be Dark Red.

If he's just fast all of the time, and uses a close-range weapon like a shield, he's Blue.
Old 2013-02-26, 16:42   Link #443
Lycodrake

Returning to these parts and I see "blue and red" and "shield".
Spoiler for Captain America!?:
Old 2013-02-26, 16:58   Link #444
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Woops. Forgot about Shape Change.

And Lycodrake. Oddly enough, he does fight like that, but not by throwing his shield (which is maybe twice as large as that shield Capt uses and hexongonal in shape).
Old 2013-02-26, 19:20   Link #445
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
But I'm still keeping the idea that you can trade BBs to another person. How else was Kingbolt able to buy a drink from that Bartender?
There COULD be a way for another Burst Linker to take on the role of a [Drone], though.

Like I said, having your own [Shop] might be a possible reward for defeating a boss. This could allow you to gain Burst Points directly from other Linkers who buy things from you.

The [Shop] would also allow you to Accelerate into the Unlimited Neutral Field for free (or at discount), so long as you don't leave the shop. That way, you can afford to BE THERE to sell stuff.

Fighting would be impossible inside the shop, too, so you can post "hours" and arrive expecting customers rather than assailants.

Now, coming up with products to sell... That might be a different story.

Maybe the shop is owned by a Burst Linker powerful enough to solo strong Enemies (as the Kings could do even before Level 9) and he or she has amassed a collection of Enhanced Armaments that he or she doesn't need or want?

I also want to make it clear that Akibahara's "Matchmaker" dwarf is not an NPC. He's definitely a powerful Burst Linker, strong enough to defy the Yellow King in his own territory.
Old 2013-02-26, 19:36   Link #446
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

What if, then, Matchmaker was a contender for King in the past? That'd put him as level 8 at most, strong enough to match Radio. However once the Sudden Death rule was revealed, he lost interest in levelling and instead secured his own position at the BG?
Old 2013-02-27, 05:41   Link #447
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
There COULD be a way for another Burst Linker to take on the role of a [Drone], though.

Like I said, having your own [Shop] might be a possible reward for defeating a boss. This could allow you to gain Burst Points directly from other Linkers who buy things from you.

The [Shop] would also allow you to Accelerate into the Unlimited Neutral Field for free (or at discount), so long as you don't leave the shop. That way, you can afford to BE THERE to sell stuff.

Fighting would be impossible inside the shop, too, so you can post "hours" and arrive expecting customers rather than assailants.

Now, coming up with products to sell... That might be a different story.

Maybe the shop is owned by a Burst Linker powerful enough to solo strong Enemies (as the Kings could do even before Level 9) and he or she has amassed a collection of Enhanced Armaments that he or she doesn't need or want?
I was reconfiguring my story to have the Great Golden Brigade massing special EGs by world boss killing, but also having a squad of dedicated PVPers to fend off people trying to KS them or just grief them. So this would be in congruency.

How about this: Someone's Enhanced Gear is about crafting, and she built her gameplay around it. This would mean her trauma makes her want to craft stuff...

...maybe she doesn't have hands IRL?

Level 5 special: Fieldcraft - Combat fabrication - Probably making improvised explosive devices, turrets and mortars.

Level 7 special: Predator drones?

And her Level 9 special: Unlimited Gun Works.

*RUUUUUNZ*
Old 2013-02-27, 06:37   Link #448
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Red Rider already had UGW. His nickname is "Master Gunsmith", has an Enhanced Armament capable of creating guns with any stats he sees fit. Unfortunately after his death the ARS snatched this, and repurposed it to create the ISS kits.
Old 2013-02-27, 08:05   Link #449
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
Red Rider already had UGW. His nickname is "Master Gunsmith", has an Enhanced Armament capable of creating guns with any stats he sees fit. Unfortunately after his death the ARS snatched this, and repurposed it to create the ISS kits.
No problem, I have no intention of leveling her to combat fitness, I did intend to leave her at Level 5 so that she has some fighting capability, but only in supporting others with her traps, drones and turrets.

Maybe she's also very good at barricading herself into an entrenched position, making her shop a kind of fortress. You walk in to buy her wares, but don't think you can rob her.

This gives me an idea: I might make it such that she's proud of being a crafter and "above" petty fighting, when she had experienced being compared to the late Red Rider in the past and feels somewhat inadequate.
Old 2013-02-27, 08:43   Link #450
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

That sounds like a Yellow ability in my book..at least until Gold corrects me.
Old 2013-02-27, 09:30   Link #451
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
That sounds like a Yellow ability in my book..at least until Gold corrects me.
I haven't decided her color at all, but looks like it might be Orange? (Red + Yellow = Indirect ranged combat) But then again, her ability is about building stuff, just that those stuff she builds are shooty. Or just explode when you get near or she pushes a button.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:38   Link #452
Sunder the Gold

Your power to affect the Accelerated World is directly related to your level.

Yellow Radio is the epitome of Indirect Combat, especially in trying to work around the very rules of the game. If he had the resources of the Society, he'd certainly be abusing the BIC and backdoor programs.

But even he is Level 9. Even the absolute coward who would rather win without even fighting had to fight enough to become powerful.

How high was Rider's level before he got the power to create his own guns for anyone's use?
Old 2013-02-27, 14:36   Link #453
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

My guess is Level 7, when Legions could be formed, or it would make no sense tactically to hand a weapon to a random BLer from the admin's point of view. If there was an admin...you know what I mean, right?
Old 2013-02-27, 18:46   Link #454
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I suppose her color has some yellow and red in it, and it has something to do with crafting and improvisation.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:10   Link #455
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
My guess is Level 7, when Legions could be formed, or it would make no sense tactically to hand a weapon to a random BLer from the admin's point of view.
Ooh, good point. I didn't think of that.

Likewise, Yellow Radio's ability (assuming it's his, and not an EA's or follower's) to make his whole legion (or the dozen or suvivors, anyway) intangible and shadowy is probably a Level 7+ bonus intended for a legion master.

Which suggests interesting things. What if Green Grandee has the power to increase the armor of those following him? What if Blue Knight can alter the landscape into an arena where two forces must face each other in direct combat?

Quote:
If there was an admin...you know what I mean, right?
There was certainly a designer/creator, and they would have made decisions like these.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:30   Link #456
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In fact, I kinda think that the 'creator' was in fact 'someone who invented the neural net'.

The game uses public cameras, runs on a shadow portion of all servers, and how you can be attacked anyway... Sounds like whoever made Brain Burst literally owned the (current) interwebz.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:42   Link #457
Sunder the Gold

See my thread on Brain Burst rules and possible purpose. I suggest one possible "creator".
Old 2013-02-27, 19:58   Link #458
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Ooh, good point. I didn't think of that.

Likewise, Yellow Radio's ability (assuming it's his, and not an EA's or follower's) to make his whole legion (or the dozen or suvivors, anyway) intangible and shadowy is probably a Level 7+ bonus intended for a legion master.

Which suggests interesting things. What if Green Grandee has the power to increase the armor of those following him? What if Blue Knight can alter the landscape into an arena where two forces must face each other in direct combat?
You may be right about Grande. In a later volume, he uses a skill, Parsec Wall (IIRC) which let him form a wall of crosses.

As for Radio, he did cast a smokescreen after the CD hunt to lead them to safety...maybe that was his skill.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-03-10 at 15:06.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:24   Link #459
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
In a later volume, he uses a skill, Parsec Wall (IIRC) which let him form a wall of crosses
Good spoiler.

Quote:
blocking off Haru.
Bad spoiler.

"What can people do?" is good. "What people WILL do" is bad.

Spoiler for Example: Ash Roller:

Quote:
As for Radio, he did cast a smokescreen after the CD hunt to lead them to safety
Maybe in the anime (don't quite remember), but in the lightnovel he seems to turn them all into ghosts.

But yes, that was the scene I was thinking of. It had to be, because that's the only scene in the anime or first five novels where Radio actually appears, and I can't read any other novels and no other anime seasons yet exist.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:33   Link #460
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Well, that was the same scene anyway, though noted: focus on one subject.

Well then, is knowing how Roller was created a spoiler?
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, fanfiction