AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-29, 21:40   Link #881
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Just completed Volume 7 and sorta shocked a little and have some questions about Rossweisse. Want to make sure I read it right.

Odin supposely left her behind right, which was quite funny and all. But im amazed how quickly Rias pulled out a Rook ? I understand Xenvias case, but how did she accept becoming a servant of Rias soo fast !! I see the worth in her, I originally thought, if Rias got a strong defensive orientated type rook, it means Akeno could be pushed forward into the attacking line up and they would have an awesome team. But a battle mage type has it merits, plus she possess's norse magic which was said to be superior to demon magic right. It's just strange that it happened so fast!, and it was was easy ? Is it because shes the *airhead crying* type she agreed to it just like that ? Did she fully realize what she just did ? Usually something like this you give some thought too. She didnt seem to hit it off with them, or be really attatched for this to happen so fast!. Never seemed that interested in them and full focus was on her bodyguard role and the Pride of the Norse.

2nd question thats on my mind about Rossweisse. Its implied that shes been around for a while, being a valkyrie and all. so I had thought she was a more older type woman, roughly between the 20's - 30s in appearance. Odin made fun of her for being around quite a while and not still having a boyfriend, and in dicussion of how the Red and white dragons were unique this generation. She commented how calm they were compaired to other generations, which also implies shes been around kinda a while aswell. So why is it, I read in the afterwords from the authors notes, Its said shes is to be around 17 to 18 years old ?. I was thinking a good point to her becoming Rias rook, is she would have quite a bit of battle experience from a Valkyrie background. But wait. shes only 17/18 years old ?

Anyway, before all of this happened in the last part. I've had been thinking previously... "if only Ravel was a rook..." Because I kinda like Ravel and want her in the story more <.<

ps- I hate that boob talking power! I think my eyebrows twitch chronicly every time I have to read it ><
She became a Rook instantly because the job was a hell of a lot better than her old one.

She really is only 18. The thing about the dragons probably had something to do with the fact that the other generations put the entire world at risk when going into Juggernaut.

About Ravel.... wait for it.

Yeah, the Bilingual thing was weird. At this point it's basically unblockable mind-reading that only works on girls. It hurts less if you think of it like that.
Old 2013-01-29, 21:52   Link #882
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Just completed Volume 7 and sorta shocked a little and have some questions about Rossweisse. Want to make sure I read it right.

Odin supposely left her behind right, which was quite funny and all. But im amazed how quickly Rias pulled out a Rook ? I understand Xenvias case, but how did she accept becoming a servant of Rias soo fast !! I see the worth in her, I originally thought, if Rias got a strong defensive orientated type rook, it means Akeno could be pushed forward into the attacking line up and they would have an awesome team. But a battle mage type has it merits, plus she possess's norse magic which was said to be superior to demon magic right. It's just strange that it happened so fast!, and it was was easy ? Is it because shes the *airhead crying* type she agreed to it just like that ? Did she fully realize what she just did ? Usually something like this you give some thought too. She didnt seem to hit it off with them, or be really attatched for this to happen so fast!. Never seemed that interested in them and full focus was on her bodyguard role and the Pride of the Norse.

2nd question thats on my mind about Rossweisse. Its implied that shes been around for a while, being a valkyrie and all. so I had thought she was a more older type woman, roughly between the 20's - 30s in appearance. Odin made fun of her for being around quite a while and not still having a boyfriend, and in dicussion of how the Red and white dragons were unique this generation. She commented how calm they were compaired to other generations, which also implies shes been around kinda a while aswell. So why is it, I read in the afterwords from the authors notes, Its said shes is to be around 17 to 18 years old ?. I was thinking a good point to her becoming Rias rook, is she would have quite a bit of battle experience from a Valkyrie background. But wait. shes only 17/18 years old ?

Anyway, before all of this happened in the last part. I've had been thinking previously... "if only Ravel was a rook..." Because I kinda like Ravel and want her in the story more <.<

ps- I hate that boob talking power! I think my eyebrows twitch chronicly every time I have to read it ><
About Rossweisse, she accept the job easily because of the pay. The series haven't said what is the minimal wage of Valkyries are, but the way Rossweisse easily accepted Rias' offer seems to indicate Valkyries are not paid well. It seems very strange that Rossweisse already has her teacher's certificate to teach as well extensive knowledge of Norse magics and mythology isn't paid well for her merits. Also Rossweisse was also looking ahead, being the bodyguard of Odin is more or less stressful for her due to reminding of Odin's perverted nature has consequences on image and his constant taunting that Rossweisse never had a boyfriend. With being Rias' rook, Rossweisse worries and stressful life style is over. Being with Rias' rook allows her to be stress free which I mentioned many times above because she no longer has to worry about image so much, Devils are known to pursue their desires more than any other race. Also, Rossweisse gains reputation for being in the Gremory group solidifying her future as well. Gremory's products in the market of the Underworld is quite good and seel very well. With the reputation she has gotten, Rossweisse can easily find a high paying job and will move faster in the social ranks as well. Despite being 18 years old, Rossweisse is very conscious about these things and has many skills one would want in a servant.

As for Ravel, well lets read vol 14 before I say anything concrete. So be patience about her, this is her volume after all.

About the boob talk, yes very weird but has never been done before. It is amusing to me and well peak my interest. Really mix well with the comedy aspect of the series.
Old 2013-01-29, 21:56   Link #883
chrono25

great red is the only dragon that is really still a mystery besides the last dragon king in terms of abilities while they have mentioned a few his power strength is still in the dark you can say he is a god but that doesnt really tell you what his power and abilities really are what is he a living dream or does he come from something more and what about Ise he has a body that is made from great reds flesh so what is he now he maybe part devil and a dragon but like great red he must be something else as well !
Old 2013-01-29, 22:10   Link #884
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
and in dicussion of how the Red and white dragons were unique this generation. She commented how calm they were compaired to other generations, which also implies shes been around kinda a while aswell.
its called books storys and as we know thiers majic for just about everything so its possable she heard storys and viewed someones memorys of the past events
Old 2013-01-29, 23:48   Link #885
cyberdemon

Quote:

money plain and simple. To her money is EVERYTHING. Certainly helped that she was getting whispers from a devil lol.
Old 2013-01-30, 00:15   Link #886
Velsy

Something interesting coming with Ravel ? Well thats good, looking foward to it. Dont really get why myself, but I've found her interesting. If I had to say, after Asia and Akeno shes my next favourit girl in the series. Even if theres been so little of her so far <.<

Well I guess theres ones thing clear in all this, Rias has an eye for tallent. Koneko may of fell on her lap. But picking up, Akeno, Kiba, Xenvia and the... lecherous Issie. Plus now with Rossweisse. Shes formed quite the team. Young tallent at that.

Oh and Gremory merchandice?. You mean the "Iyaaan" switch princess happy meal toy ?
Old 2013-01-30, 08:23   Link #887
Tchadnis

Ravel is a true Tsun , if this keep up she might be able to compete against Rias and Akeno in all terms ; body and mind
Old 2013-01-30, 12:08   Link #888
breno.m.fis

Quote:
Oh and Gremory merchandice?. You mean the "Iyaaan" switch princess happy meal toy ?
Dude, Oppai Dragon merchandise became a huge chain of businesses in the Underworld, earns a fortune on image rights (with zeros on the mark of several digits) only for Isse, not only in fast food and dolls, but all kinds of daily use items.
Old 2013-01-30, 12:30   Link #889
peinmaximus@

hey reaper king, you think that ise will control his divine divide powers in the vol 16?
and why you think that tiamat hates ddraig?
Old 2013-01-30, 12:59   Link #890
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey reaper king, you think that ise will control his divine divide powers in the vol 16?
Tiamat is Tsundere in my opinion. Ddraig just took it for hate because he never realized. LOL!
Old 2013-01-30, 13:36   Link #891
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
It's possible, and if i remember correctly it's not divine divide but, dividing gear, or something like that.

About Tiamat, it's possible she confessed her love to Ddraig but, he chose to fight Albion instead of her, or something like that.
Old 2013-01-30, 14:28   Link #892
Chris38

Personally, I doubt that Ise will be capable of controlling his Dividing Gear anytime soon... he might start learning how to control it, in volume 16, but won't undergo satisfactory results... in using it...

The reason why I think like that, is based upon how Ise's development, has been portrayed so far... any power up, that hasn't been forced in some way of a one time thing only, has been achieved through pretty hard training, which has taken some time to achieve, and I doubt that the road to obtain control over Ise's dividing gear is going to be different...
Old 2013-01-30, 14:35   Link #893
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Personally, I doubt that Ise will be capable of controlling his Dividing Gear anytime soon... he might start learning how to control it, in volume 16, but won't undergo satisfactory results... in using it...

The reason why I think like that, is based upon how Ise's development, has been portrayed so far... any power up, that hasn't been forced in some way of a one time thing only, has been achieved through pretty hard training, which has taken some time to achieve, and I doubt that the road to obtain control over Ise's dividing gear is going to be different...
I though all he needed was to push Rias's nipple. O.o

But if seriously he may show something in vol 16, like a situation will require the use of Divine Dividing, it may not even be intentional, like a spur of the moment.

No one says that Ise will get Divine Dividing served on a silver plate, first Ise must overcome some Dragon traps to reach the plate.
Old 2013-01-30, 14:38   Link #894
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Tiamat is Tsundere in my opinion. Ddraig just took it for hate because he never realized. LOL!
or maby shes a yandere ............. and does what ophis does and refers to ise as ddraig when they first meet
Old 2013-01-30, 15:09   Link #895
peinmaximus@

yes,maybe tiamat is a yandere or tsundere.I think that is most possible tsundere.
Old 2013-01-30, 20:48   Link #896
stormferret

would be funny if Tiamat in dxd was like the Tiamat from dungeons and dragons, with like 5+ heads. 2 of the heads like ddraig and 2 like albion. the middle head hates them both so they fight over her.
Old 2013-01-30, 21:14   Link #897
peinmaximus@

no stormfeeret,I prefer tiamat how one oneesama with big oppais.
Old 2013-01-30, 21:48   Link #898
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Sorry I haven't gotten the chance to respond all day, college life is busy right now for me. About your question, Divine Dividing been known to drain Ise's life core each time he tries to activate it regardless if it is successful or not. That was his previous body however.

Ise's current body currently has a unreadable amount of life energy, very similar to Ophis. So the risks of his life draining is diminish. Ise now is free to try Divine Diving, but there hasn't been any indication of him using it for a while. Vol 16 seems to be a little bit early to believe he will control Divine Diving. I say much later on, but at the very least I think he should be able to activate it without much problem anymore.

About Tiamat hating him, that is really hard to make a prediction. It could be something ridicules like the other people mentioned above or it could be a good reason. There isn't much information to make an accurate prediction. We don't her personality, her fighting abilities, nor even her history with Ddraig. All we do know however is that she represent the Blue color aura of Dragons as well hinted to be the strongest Dragon King.

A guess on Tiamat's appearance is well course is that she is a Blue Dragon. Also worth noting that Tiamat is one of the few dragons in mythology to have a humanoid appearance. Legends say she is appears to be either a beautiful elfin young girl or human girl.
Old 2013-01-30, 22:07   Link #899
peinmaximus@

yes reaper king,I hope that she is a beautiful oneesama with big oppais how in the legend.I think that she will appears in the next volumes(most probably in 17,but I hope for 16).
but for now we have others things for discute how the the fight between ise and grendel and how ise will enter in vampire war.
what you think of the fight of ise and grendel?this fight show that ise is at least in maou level already that he fought well against one evil dragon(who is most powerful that a dragon king).
and against whom you think that ise will fight in vampire war:the leader of cammila family or the leader of tepes family?

Last edited by peinmaximus@; 2013-01-30 at 22:18.
Old 2013-01-30, 22:21   Link #900
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
yes reaper king,I hope that she is a beautiful oneesama with big oppais how in the legend.I think that she will appears in the next volumes(most probably in 17,but I hopr for 16).
but for now we have others things for discute how the the fight between ise and grendel and how ise will enter in vampire war.
what you think of the fight of ise and grendel?this fight show that ise is at least in maou level already that he fought well against one evil dragon(who is most powerful that a dragon king).
and against whom you think that ise will fight in vampire war:the leader of cammila family or the leader of tepes family?
Its not question of how, its the question when he is forced into it. Majority of the fights Ise has had in the series, many are when enemies attacks him or presents him a reason where he cannot refuse to back down in a fight. The fights he had against Raynare in vol 1, Raiser in vol 2, Kokabiel in vol 3, Vali in vol 4, Diodora and Shalba in vol 6, Loki in vol 7, the Minotaur and Flame Dragon in vol 8, Cao Cao and the Hero's Brigade in vol 9, Cao and the Hero's Brigade, Shalba, and the Grim Reapers in vol 11, the Hero Brigade and Jabberwock in vol 12, and Grendel and the Magicians in vol 14. All of these fights were all started by the enemy and has circumstances where Ise is force into them. Ise of course will not back down and allow any harm to befall the Gremory group, especially the girls that he loves even at the cost of his own life.

If the Vampires provoke Ise, than Ise will engage. If Ise was presented the choice to go and fight into the Civil War, he will need a reason of course that is already presented that Valerie has a close connection with Gasper and Gasper is like a little brother to Ise. Its going to be soon when Ise jumps into the fray. Remember it is not how, it is when.

As for Grendel and Ise confrontation. I say Ise did very well against Grendel, Grendel is said to have the hardest scales of all Dragons and Ise manage to critically wound him. Though sadly the fight didn't have a conclusion. Ise however is now presented a good reason to become strong now.

As for the antagonist that Ise will fight in the Civil War of the Vampires, more than likely the one who is the mastermind and the one who is keeping Valerie as prisoner. Ise always fights against the strongest opponent it seems.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-01-30 at 22:33.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen