AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-15, 11:49   Link #261
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So you know, I don't really mind girls being added to an anime harem with thin pretences. However, in the case of Juna and Aisha they skipped the entire "fall in love" part and just assumed to be in the harem from the very beginning.

Ignoring the lack of romance, there is a lack of feeling that they are simply excited to be together.

I read the LNs and it's pretty much the same there.

It's kind of a waste. Juna especially since at least Aisha is always around the MC.
Well, there was a scene where Juna seemed to be impressed by Souma so I assume that's where she became attracted to him...which was believable enough, even if it was only one scene.
Old 2021-09-15, 13:00   Link #262
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The bolded lines are exactly why I have some respect for Elisha nonetheless. She can still have Albert as main husband and the father of her child(ren) while treating her other husbands (who don't need to be nobles) as her fun boy-toys and applying contraceptive measures to them. No one's gonna say no if she wants to do it. But she didn't, and stayed monogamous with Albert. Again, nice attitude deserve credits in my eyes. Feel free to disagree.
You may as well respect the majority of all woman around the world, as they are rarely the ones wanting polygamy. And again, she'd still have the whose child is it problem, which comes important for heritage of the throne.

Elisha isn't that much different from what you'd expect of a noble. The treasury having been full of her jewelry, while the people hungered, is actually a rather good example of that. It really doesn't take a genius to figure that one could just sell it off.

I may or may not say more depending on whether this gets a second season.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 14:10   Link #263
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You may as well respect the majority of all woman around the world, as they are rarely the ones wanting polygamy.
Majority of women are not isekai queens who are free & accepted to have multiple husbands with nobody saying no to their decisions.

Quote:
And again, she'd still have the whose child is it problem, which comes important for heritage of the throne.
And again: selective contraceptive measure. She surely can arrange it if she so desire. Also, she is the Queen. All she needs to do is tell people which child belongs to whom. If there is no physical disrepancy, noone should doubt her.

Quote:
Elisha isn't that much different from what you'd expect of a noble. The treasury having been full of her jewelry, while the people hungered, is actually a rather good example of that. It really doesn't take a genius to figure that one could just sell it off.
I respect her one deed. Doesn't mean I respect her other less-altruistic deeds.
Old 2021-09-16, 10:45   Link #264
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So you know, I don't really mind girls being added to an anime harem with thin pretences. However, in the case of Juna and Aisha they skipped the entire "fall in love" part and just assumed to be in the harem from the very beginning.

Ignoring the lack of romance, there is a lack of feeling that they are simply excited to be together.

I read the LNs and it's pretty much the same there.

It's kind of a waste. Juna especially since at least Aisha is always around the MC.
There are some scenes though. Particularly showing the girls' feelings toward Souma. Juna, for instance, had that touching scene where she found Souma exhausted and struggling, and helped him go to sleep, ending by whispering that while Liscia will be there to draw out his strength she'll be there to help hide his weakness. And Aisha has made it clear from the start that she likes him and wishes to stay by his side. They both seem to recognize that they're not to be as close as him, and thus defer to Liscia, but their feelings are still apparent. Could even argue this might be what's expected of them in this situation. Like, in a culture where polygamy exists but there are different levels, it may be that suitors looking to become second wives or something might make a point of letting a woman betrothed as the future first wife have more time and get closer.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 13:01   Link #265
Frontier

Amidonia still thinks they have a chance to reach their castle, so it's finally time for Amidonia and Elfrieden to properly do battle .

We've got the blonde guy, Kaede, Hal, Liscia, and Aisha all involved in the battle...and Liscia basically asking for everybody to take her on, to poor Aisha's concern .

Souma finally realizes that this war has turned him into a king to where he's unconsciously thinking in terms of sacrificing himself if they're defeated or how to practically mange and utilize his forces on a win/loss scenario...while personally he just doesn't want himself or anyone he cares about to die. Souma never wanted to be a king but now he can't stop thinking like one .

Gaius has enough sense to know when a battle is lost, so he makes sure Julius survives so his son is safe and part of the royal family lives on. He doesn't think Roroa cares about them at all, but in the end she does cry for her father after she learns about his death .

Carla isn't just going to stand around while Souma faces risk, while she's there and slave collared she may as well protect Liscia's man while she's there and makes sure Liscia isn't unhappy, especially so that Souma doesn't have to just leave Liscia the throne in case he dies. Also I love how Carla's armor exposes her thighs which the show graciously shows off .

Carla takes on Gaius, and even Souma joins the battle through Living Poltergeist like and contributes to defeating Gaius, like you would expect from a Hero King, although Gaius for all his bluster truly is a warrior king...surviving an explosion and a barrage of arrows and coming this close to killing Souma. For his strong conviction in the face of overwhelming odds and fighting even knowing he was defeated, he earned Souma's respect .

Taking over Van was just one step in the process, now Elfrieden has to get ready for the Empire stepping in now that Elfrieden is holding the back as being the invaders. Kind of wonder what it is about the human alliance pact that is going to end up hurting the Empire though .

So not only do we get Ninja Juna, but we also get Navy Juna as well! I guess this is her official military uniform for her Grandmother's forces. Juna looks good in anything, although Souma should be a little more careful complimenting other girls so profusely in front of Liscia .

The people of Amidonia are wary and apprehensive around the Elfrieden forces, so Souma decides to hold an entertainment show with idol performances to keep everyone happy, and settling it with a patriotic finish as an actual tough Amidonian military lady sings their national anthem .

Aisha in a dress! And showing off some cleavage that she even bounces when she smacks her hand to her chest in confidence! Lucky Souma .
Old 2021-09-18, 15:16   Link #266
Huh...?

Really sad, they skipped out on "Nanna Kamizuki", who actually had more impact on the citizen of Amidonia, and instead only focused on the Eternal Loli from the Kobito race "Pamille Carol".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So not only do we get Ninja Juna, but we also get Navy Juna as well! I guess this is her official military uniform for her Grandmother's forces. Juna looks good in anything
Seriously, they should have made Juna appear in her Navy Uniform, during her short "hidden" debut in Episode 1 (when Excel orders her to spy on Souma).
That should have created a bit more suspense and confusion, and not outright reveal who she was working for.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 18:29   Link #267
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Not gonna lie, when I saw Aisha's dress I thought she had a tan then I realized it was just see through cloth, my bad.
Old 2021-09-18, 22:07   Link #268
Strahan

Gotta love the boob jiggle on her salute, lol. Good idea, having the entertainment. Amidonia is a military heavy country, probably not much in the way of fun so maybe if he shows that Elfrieden is more laid back and pleasant he can get people more comfortable with the idea of them being around. Though if they don't show him dealing with insurrection from Amidonian loyal citizens wanting to fight back then it'd be silly. Always gonna be someone bitter about the defeat.

The ending seemed oddly abrupt. When the credits started to roll I was like uhhh really? lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 23:37   Link #269
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Gotta love the boob jiggle on her salute, lol. Good idea, having the entertainment. Amidonia is a military heavy country, probably not much in the way of fun so maybe if he shows that Elfrieden is more laid back and pleasant he can get people more comfortable with the idea of them being around. Though if they don't show him dealing with insurrection from Amidonian loyal citizens wanting to fight back then it'd be silly. Always gonna be someone bitter about the defeat.

The ending seemed oddly abrupt. When the credits started to roll I was like uhhh really? lol
I'm kind of morbidly curious how Roroa and Julius are going to approach coming back to their kingdom, because they both probably have very different perspectives on what the next course of action for the kingdom is and their feelings towards Elfrieden (even though they both mourn their father in their own way).
Old 2021-09-19, 01:11   Link #270
Lex79

Liscia might be fine with Souma having an harem but she is still jealous when he compliments another girl more than herself. It was cute, but she deserves it for ruining her beautiful hair:P
Gaius...I can't say he was a good king, maybe not even a good man, but at least he had the pride of a warrior. Even Souma acknowledged that.
Souma was able to use even the patriotism of a former Amidonian General to his advantage, showing that he values freedom and he's going to respect his enemies' culture. The guy can be scary.
Old 2021-09-19, 03:31   Link #271
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Heh, I liked how they set this episode up to show how Souma planned on using soft power to get Amidonia to change their ways. The head knight suddenly points out that the whole country really resent Elfrieden, then we see Souma bring the idols in to win everyone over All that's left if to make Julius the ruler, marry Roroa and there will be peace and prosperity for all
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 05:20   Link #272
AP24

Considering where the season will end at, they might announce another season
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 13:19   Link #273
zeross87

i like how they didn't show the tactical reason of the episode title in the actual episode.

i don't know how well the show is doing but i feel like the adaptation isn't perfect to portray the feel of the novel. too bad that's because of the industry standart of 13 episode as there just wasn't a good pace/ending mark for 13 episode nor for 26 episode double cours. i feel like to end after the amidonia arc you'd need something like 17-18 episode and that just not gonna happen. so it felt slow at the begining and rushed at the end
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 14:04   Link #274
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Liscia might be fine with Souma having an harem but she is still jealous when he compliments another girl more than herself. It was cute, but she deserves it for ruining her beautiful hair:P
Liscia cut her hair to show her loyalty and he keeps flirting with other women...poor 1st wife .
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Heh, I liked how they set this episode up to show how Souma planned on using soft power to get Amidonia to change their ways. The head knight suddenly points out that the whole country really resent Elfrieden, then we see Souma bring the idols in to win everyone over All that's left if to make Julius the ruler, marry Roroa and there will be peace and prosperity for all
If Macross taught me anything, it's that idols and music are necessary for peace .
Old 2021-09-20, 08:48   Link #275
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Honestly, if you're going to compliment the uniform of a girl who's not yet your fiance, you better have noticed and complimented the uniform your first fiance is always wearing.

Including the general singing the national anthem was a very good message. Souma did more than just tell the people that his kingdom has entertainment and fun. Pretty big message conveyed having one of the top military leaders sing their national anthem, an anthem that called for the people to be brave and true to Amidonia, to lay down their lives to take back what Elfrieden had taken from them, and then tells her that he has absolutely no problem with that song being sung. I imagine that bit had an even bigger impact than showing off how many cute idols and entertainment shows they have.

Also, I think it's kind of a pity we didn't get more information about the other idol. If I recall correctly, she's supposed to be at least thirty something, but her people all cease maturing at around twelve, meaning it's an entire race of lolis and shotas. I recall Souma, upon meeting her for the first time, began seriously considering establishing some special laws about relations with said race.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 09:11   Link #276
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Honestly, if you're going to compliment the uniform of a girl who's not yet your fiance, you better have noticed and complimented the uniform your first fiance is always wearing.
While that is true, the problem here is that Souma had been seeing Liscia in her Military Uniform since he first met her. So, its kind-off a default look for him.

And don't forget, Souma did previously compliment Liscia when she wore the Academy Uniform and the glasses (Episode 5).

Also, a part that was skipped in the Anime.
During Episode 9, Juna had gone to meet Souma who was working in the Office, and helped him get some sleep as he was too busy with work, because she had heard from Liscia about Souma not getting proper rest.
In actuality, it was Liscia who had asked Juna to go to Souma and help him get some sleep, because she knew that Souma couldn't present his vulnerable side to her, so she had asked Juna to help with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Liscia cut her hair to show her loyalty and he keeps flirting with other women...poor 1st wife .
Actually, she had cut her hair to showcase her resolve, as well as accept Georg's decision to become the sacrifice.

And another skipped part in the Anime, Liscia for a long time had decided that she would get Souma married to more women along with her, if possible, because she wanted to bound Souma to the Kingdom and make him the only King.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 10:51   Link #277
Lex79

There is also the fact that while all the girls currently in Souma's harem are beautiful, Juna is yhe one with the most feminine charms. It's understandable that he happens to compliment her looks more often.
Old 2021-09-20, 11:57   Link #278
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
There is also the fact that while all the girls currently in Souma's harem are beautiful, Juna is yhe one with the most feminine charms. It's understandable that he happens to compliment her looks more often.
The anime not only changed her physique, but also the volume of her uniform. In addition to that, they've also changed her face a bit, which also makes her look a few years younger than she actually is, while Juna still looks about 20 (while being approx 18)
Yuna's outfits also compliments her curves better(Ironically also the uniform),.

Meanwhile, the other characters actually seem to have slightly larger chests than they do in the manga.
It feels like they reduced Lishia to make Roroa look better.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 14:22   Link #279
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
While that is true, the problem here is that Souma had been seeing Liscia in her Military Uniform since he first met her. So, its kind-off a default look for him.

And don't forget, Souma did previously compliment Liscia when she wore the Academy Uniform and the glasses (Episode 5).
What this is telling me is Liscia should add some more variety in her wardrobe for Souma to see .
Quote:
Actually, she had cut her hair to showcase her resolve, as well as accept Georg's decision to become the sacrifice.
I know, but just gives me more reason to dislike it .
Quote:
And another skipped part in the Anime, Liscia for a long time had decided that she would get Souma married to more women along with her, if possible, because she wanted to bound Souma to the Kingdom and make him the only King.
When you're trying to snag a man by giving him a Harem. It's like Momo logic .
Quote:
Surprisingly though I don't think we've ever seen her not wear pants...although I guess with her figure and face she doesn't need to show her legs off .
Quote:
The anime not only changed her physique, but also the volume of her uniform. In addition to that, they've also changed her face a bit, which also makes her look a few years younger than she actually is, while Juna still looks about 20 (while being approx 18)
Yuna's outfits also compliments her curves better(Ironically also the uniform),.

Meanwhile, the other characters actually seem to have slightly larger chests than they do in the manga.
It feels like they reduced Lishia to make Roroa look better.
I think in comparison to Aisha or Juna Liscia's uniform just hides her bust better. We see in her nightgown, shower scene, and school uniform that she's pretty stacked.

Of course Juna and her grandmother both seem to have very generous busts that get shown off no matter what they're wearing. Especially Juna .
Old 2021-09-20, 14:42   Link #280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Well, Juna did win the beauty portion of the talent competition. (Though for my money, her grandma is even hotter.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote