AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 17 35.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 35.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-06, 03:10   Link #41
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveric View Post
Sooooo, is this thing gonna end soon then? I keep hearing about a time skip, but if they kill the badguy here in one or two episodes, what next? They got 10 eps to fill after that, and I'm stumped as to what would happen.

Maybe Viral is like Vader and isn't at Death Star when it blows, allowing him to fight on later.
13 episode to fill to be exact.
27 episode total according to this
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1...6165750gh1.jpg
Old 2007-07-06, 20:31   Link #42
Kunami
くなみ

Send a message via AIM to Kunami Send a message via MSN to Kunami Send a message via Yahoo to Kunami
Still have yet to see it. Can't find it in an agreeable file format.
Old 2007-07-06, 23:16   Link #43
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
13 episode to fill to be exact.
27 episode total according to this
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1...6165750gh1.jpg
ya but see, my Japanese is limited to katakana hiragana and only about 40 or so kanji, and it's been about a year since I last studied any of em, so I'm rather rusty. This is why all you people talking about time skips and such and so forth is confusing the hell out of me.
Old 2007-07-12, 20:28   Link #44
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Nice to Meet You, Everyone

I apologize for the late delay. It took me time to watch this episode.

This one was the perfect setup for the wild thunderstorm that is about to befall upon the planet.

Basically, the dai-Gurren Lagann brigade has step right at the doors of the Tepellin.

The fight to get through the Beastmen defenses was no pushover.
Spoiler:

There were several shots that I loved, and the animation was weird changing visual styles from one half to the next one. It was heck funny listening to Rossiu screaming right after Simon relegate control of Gurren-Lagann to him, and had to dodge all over the missiles.

Spoiler:

The theme for this episode, as the spiral King conveniently explained to Guame, is that human's power comes when they persevere and gather their numbers into a one-united front. For that to happen the masses of believe must be moved by the actions of a single individual who fights in order his or her proper spot in the world.
Old 2007-07-31, 00:51   Link #45
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

So I was watching this episode again and placing some close attention to the dialogue. I notice a pretty neat little usage of 6 at the early part of the episode. It's purely my head playing speculation games but eh, it's kinda neat to notice this stuff. I thought I'd muse about it here to see if anyone kinda sees it.

Spoiler for For ep 14 even though this is old and people have probably seen it already:
Old 2007-08-09, 13:00   Link #46
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This episode had some pretty obvious homages to Ideon (When Gurren Lagann used the Ide Glen Cannon attack to blow up every single flying Ganmen) and Macross (The missile trail chase when Cytomander fired off all the missiles and Gurren Lagann ran away). After that is was all crazy Gurren Lagann action as Guam and Cytomander were done in. Now there's one thing left to do, defeat the Spiral King and free humanity from the Beast Men......but the Spiral King seems to know more than he's letting on.
Closed Thread