AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 8 21.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 13.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 24.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 24.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 13.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-18, 18:17   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Nicely done recap. I especially like how the BGM's where split along with each part of the story --- makes me want a god damn soundtrack release date so much more.

Also, i'd like to point out how epic it felt seeing Kamina again. I was pretty much in tears through out the first part. Just seeing what this show once was, and how powerful his character was.
Old 2007-07-18, 21:27   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nicely done recap. I especially like how the BGM's where split along with each part of the story --- makes me want a god damn soundtrack release date so much more.

Also, i'd like to point out how epic it felt seeing Kamina again. I was pretty much in tears through out the first part. Just seeing what this show once was, and how powerful his character was.
Agreed - he was a pretty ridiculous guy, but watching that recap I miss the crazy bastard. Not much deception to Kamina - he laid it all out there and did his thing. And his relationship with Simon was rather touching in it's way.

Well, it was a good recap episode if there is such a thing - but what is it with Gainax and recap eps? Is it a budget thing? It's such a wasted opportunity to advance the story - unless, of course, your story is thinner than your schedule and you need some padding. That really doesn't seem like the case here.
Old 2007-07-18, 22:01   Link #23
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
*counts*

About six days.
Old 2007-07-18, 22:18   Link #24
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
So am I the only one who finds the fact that they managed to establish an advanced human society in a metropolis (ok, probably in the capital, but most of it was destroyed) in just 7 years to be rather far fetched? Even for an anime...
Old 2007-07-18, 22:18   Link #25
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Agreed - he was a pretty ridiculous guy, but watching that recap I miss the crazy bastard. Not much deception to Kamina - he laid it all out there and did his thing. And his relationship with Simon was rather touching in it's way.

Well, it was a good recap episode if there is such a thing - but what is it with Gainax and recap eps? Is it a budget thing? It's such a wasted opportunity to advance the story - unless, of course, your story is thinner than your schedule and you need some padding. That really doesn't seem like the case here.
That's not the case as this recap was unplanned and the series is 27 episodes long rather than 26. So we still get 26 NEW episodes.
Old 2007-07-18, 23:28   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Oi, really? Scratch that, then - good on you, Gainax!
Old 2007-07-19, 06:52   Link #27
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveric View Post
So am I the only one who finds the fact that they managed to establish an advanced human society in a metropolis (ok, probably in the capital, but most of it was destroyed) in just 7 years to be rather far fetched? Even for an anime...
Yeah, and I'm sure the Russian Industrial Revolution is too far-fetched for anime too.

Oh wait.
Old 2007-07-19, 11:28   Link #28
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah best recap epic, epic music, kamina, happily ever after the ed track, amazing pics during the ed.
Old 2007-07-19, 15:16   Link #29
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
industrial revolution is one thing (and no I don't know much about the Russian one, so I don't know how fast it went), but we're talking going from nothing to being on par with, say, Ghost in the Shell here from what I can infer from the preview. Yeah there can be a jump in technology, but I think it's a bit fast.

Of course, at the same time they were able to adapt all that technology from the beastmen pretty fast, such as the flying engine and the like, maybe it isn't so far fetched.
Old 2007-07-19, 15:21   Link #30
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

.... Talking about reality in a show where massive battleships can jump in the air and do a double spinning kick?

C'mon, now.

It's a sunday morning super robot show aimed for children.
It's about believable as mutated turtles under NY sewers donning ninja costumes and eating pizza.
Old 2007-07-19, 18:16   Link #31
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
best recap ep ive ever seen tbh...everything was smooth! and the BGM helped a lot in that department as well ^.^ its just like watching all 15 eps in one go it was that well condensed...*thumbs up*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-20, 15:37   Link #32
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveric View Post
industrial revolution is one thing (and no I don't know much about the Russian one, so I don't know how fast it went), but we're talking going from nothing to being on par with, say, Ghost in the Shell here from what I can infer from the preview. Yeah there can be a jump in technology, but I think it's a bit fast.
Russia went from an eighteenth century farming community to an industrial power in ten years. Japan went from a medieval state to a world power in the span of thirty five years. Both countries merely used existing technology from other states and are far, far, far larger than a single human civilization. That, and I doubt either had genuises on the level of Leeron or the Professor.

It's not all that hard to believe that, with Helix King's technology, the humans could have built up a single city.

If there's really something to bug about, you should be wondering how Great Gurren was able to hover in the air so long without a Flight Sphere after it struck the Daiganten, not to mention how it moved against gravity to kick the Daiganten a second time. Or, where did those other troops in fifteen come from?
Old 2007-07-20, 15:41   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or how they were all able to assimilate the Beastmen tech so fast after capturing it. Not just Leeron, but his whole crew of techs and the bridge crew...
Old 2007-07-20, 20:36   Link #34
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or how they were all able to assimilate the Beastmen tech so fast after capturing it. Not just Leeron, but his whole crew of techs and the bridge crew...
I hate to say this but Kamina has your answer. "It's all about Willpower! Spirit!"

or another likely answer is "By bashing all buttons and pulling all levers to see what happens next. Since this is anime, we won't be blown up. Even if we do, we'll just be covered in soot and then we'll try other buttons and levers"

If you guys really want logical answers, you shouldn't be watching anime in the first place. You can also try to explain the logic behind the "Harem Effect of Loser-Type Guys" while you're at it.

Anyhow, I don't think 7 years is too farfetched IMO. No reason. :P

Last edited by musashiken; 2007-07-20 at 21:05.
Old 2007-07-20, 22:41   Link #35
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Probably because the beastman technology was originally human.
Old 2007-07-21, 16:24   Link #36
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thumbs up Summary

I enjoyed the summary.

The first 11 minutes summarized with thorough detail the first arc, corresponding to episodes 1 - 8.

The second 10 minutes briefed the events of the second arc in about episode 9 - 15.

I enjoyed the first half of the summary, because the spotlight was heavily casted on Kamina.
Kamina was the first of main character who left his own mark in the history of the Gurren-Lagann universe. It was great to listen to Katsuyuki Konishi's voice as Kamina once again. Kamina imperially kicked ass beyond the stars.

The second half distinctively focused separately in the following order: Nia-->the Helix Power-->lastly, Simon the digger.

Obviously, the Helix King's warning to Simon and Nia about the world flooding again with Homo Sapiens, coupled with the handwriting message displayed about the uncertainty of humankind's fate screams forth the start of the third arc, arriving next week.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-20, 13:40   Link #37
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Somehow they managed to make a pretty exciting recap with the live action writing describing the scenes, some good direction and awesome music (Minus the craptastic ending which I hope isn't permanent considering how much better Underground was. Shoko Nakagawa can stop trying to sing for this series right about........now! If there's a major mistake Gainax has made it's getting her to do the opening and insert songs). Though I still can only call it Good as nothing really happened.
Closed Thread