Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-21, 13:55   Link #421
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
They know so much about the titans yet still refuse to corporate and let thousands of innocent die.
Soldiers are just being sacrificed.
I have the feeling that there are some really complicated circumstances going on there.

Why did Armin say that the giant titans inside the walls will all wake up at the same time soon?

To say something like that he must have figured out something about the reason they are there to begin with.

What if the walls were never meant to protect the people inside indefinitely? What if it was already decided that one day they would all be sacrificed for who knows what reason?

Then the church might only have the role to prevent people from panicking and to let them live happy lives as long as the absolutely inevitable doomsday comes. Come to think of it, what made him change his mind was witnessing that the people were already in despair.

And some things that Reiner said could make more sense if he knew. Of course from this perspective the whole recon squad and the people trying to fight the titan outside or thinking that they can win against titans and regain territory would be just fools.
It would also explain why Reiner and Ymir agree on the fact that the only way to save Christa is to take her away with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
maybe if they started talking the gov. would instantly kick them out from the safe inner walls to be titan prey in order to hide the truth of what is going on....
I think it must be something worse than death. The priest that Hanji threatened to kill was more than willing, even eager, to die rather than talk.

Of course I guess you could say that it was preferable to him to die from a fall than being eaten by a titan, but that doesn't quite convince me, he could always kill himself if that's all that he's afraid of.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:52   Link #422
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I have the feeling that there are some really complicated circumstances going on there.

Why did Armin say that the giant titans inside the walls will all wake up at the same time soon?

To say something like that he must have figured out something about the reason they are there to begin with.

What if the walls were never meant to protect the people inside indefinitely? What if it was already decided that one day they would all be sacrificed for who knows what reason?

Then the church might only have the role to prevent people from panicking and to let them live happy lives as long as the absolutely inevitable doomsday comes. Come to think of it, what made him change his mind was witnessing that the people were already in despair.

And some things that Reiner said could make more sense if he knew. Of course from this perspective the whole recon squad and the people trying to fight the titan outside or thinking that they can win against titans and regain territory would be just fools.
It would also explain why Reiner and Ymir agree on the fact that the only way to save Christa is to take her away with them.

I think it must be something worse than death. The priest that Hanji threatened to kill was more than willing, even eager, to die rather than talk.

Of course I guess you could say that it was preferable to him to die from a fall than being eaten by a titan, but that doesn't quite convince me, he could always kill himself if that's all that he's afraid of.
Maybe, he's just devoted like real-life Christian martyrs. Or, maybe he'd rather face death than torture for revealing the information,
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 22:32   Link #423
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
Maybe, he's just devoted like real-life Christian martyrs. Or, maybe he'd rather face death than torture for revealing the information,
Maybe the information that the church has is far more important and countless of lives. Maybe in the church's eyes, those who've died are considered sacrifices for something greater?
Old 2013-09-25, 05:19   Link #424
Breimoon

Quote:
Far Right: "The inside of these walls are mankind's ideal form"
"Inside these walls, we shall create a worls without strife"
taken from the manga discussion. May it mean that they are tryng to become all giants as they think of giants as mankind's ideal form??
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 23:23   Link #425
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
taken from the manga discussion. May it mean that they are tryng to become all giants as they think of giants as mankind's ideal form??
It seems very possible, since it's implied that normal humans can turn into titans like with what happened to Connie's village. "Without strife" makes me think these giants could be saviors to mankind. But if that was the case then why would the church be hiding secrets about them?
Old 2013-09-26, 11:19   Link #426
haru_san
owns them all

dude the church people are the same people who worship the walls (i think) i dont expect any good reason from them -_-
haru_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 17:39   Link #427
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Dunno, if they wanted to turn the population into titans, I have the feeling they'd have done things rather differently... But if this is their goal and "peace" is the reason, then I suppose that makes a certain amount of sense; titans don't fight with everyone, leaves the flora & fauna alone... so if everyone's turned into a titan, Mankind will still exist inside of these coffins called Titans, but will no longer make war or harm their environment...

It's also possible that the "World without strife" has a different meaning; if the giants were created as a result of the wars and strife of mankind, then it might make sense that thoswe within the walls wanted to create something different... Or maybe the walls are just oen huge experiment of some kind. There's still too many unanswered questions for there to be a really good answer to this mystery out of the information we have now
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 22:31   Link #428
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by haru_san View Post
dude the church people are the same people who worship the walls (i think) i dont expect any good reason from them -_-
I'm pretty sure the worshiping was just a way of trying to keep people from finding out the secret. But yeah, they don't seem like they're helping mankind very much ...
Old 2013-09-29, 17:16   Link #429
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So nobody is intrigued by the abnormally long "disclosed information" of Episode 25?

It's practically a short story describing how a miner decided to dig a tunnel below the wall to get to the other side.

It's hard to think that they didn't receive an input from the mangaka for that, so I think that the fact that the walls are so deeply routed on the ground (up to four times their height) must be canon, and yet that seems way exaggerated.

Another interesting bit of that story is that the sudden disappearance of the miner, of the hole and later of the friend after he notified the garrison seem to suggest that there is a power behind the scene that erased all the evidences a la x-file.

Old 2013-09-29, 17:23   Link #430
kitten320

What only confirms my suspicion that humanity is very guilty in all this mess and are not innocent victims at all.
Old 2013-09-29, 17:34   Link #431
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
What only confirms my suspicion that humanity is very guilty in all this mess and are not innocent victims at all.
As long as we agree that people do not inherit the sins of their fathers, pretty much everyone but those who are part of the power or the power behind the scene are innocent.

Old 2013-09-29, 17:37   Link #432
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
So nobody is intrigued by the abnormally long "disclosed information" of Episode 25?
Oh, it's interesting, sure enough, but it's hard to say exactly what to make of it...

Quote:
Another interesting bit of that story is that the sudden disappearance of the miner, of the hole and later of the friend after he notified the garrison seem to suggest that there is a power behind the scene that erased all the evidences a la x-file.
That may have been the Wall Cult. They're the ones obessed with the Wall and keeping the things related to it secret... Plus, considering they're spread throughout the population, they're the ones most likely to have caught on, by overhearing the conversation the two friends had or the like. The two friends were worried that the Garrison would catch on, but maybe it wasn't them they should have been the most worried about in the first place...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 02:06   Link #433
Breimoon

Quote:

It's practically a short story describing how a miner decided to dig a tunnel below the wall to get to the other side.

It's hard to think that they didn't receive an input from the mangaka for that, so I think that the fact that the walls are so deeply routed on the ground (up to four times their height) must be canon, and yet that seems way exaggerated.

did it say 4 times the wall under ground?? The translation i read didn't mention it at all. Wtf , the walls are arleady huge . How many titans to they have in those walls
Old 2013-09-30, 07:04   Link #434
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
did it say 4 times the wall under ground?? The translation i read didn't mention it at all. Wtf , the walls are arleady huge . How many titans to they have in those walls
Oh wait wait! I read it wrong, it's four or five time the miner's height! That means about 10 meters, that makes sense then. I guess those who claimed the titans inside the walls are as tall as the colossal titan were right after all.

Old 2013-10-05, 22:25   Link #435
Gemstone83

Oh my GOD, just read episode 50 of the manga and it is un-bel-ievable! It seems Erens been able to control the "mindless" titans all along, and the reason they've been attacking, is because he's been telling them too by swearing war on them..
..Also anyone noticed how everytime he says he wants out of the walls Berthodtl magically appears and does his biddingby opening the walls up? Me think Eren controls a titan army..this is too epic..
It's gonna be hell again waiting one month for the manga..I want English dubs and the DVDs grrrr.
Gemstone83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 22:28   Link #436
Gemstone83

Ooops posted that tooo soon, but whatever I've said my point..looks like Eren may be a puppet master, and the Jaeger (hunter) his name suggests, and maybe his family lost a war and was sent/ punished to live in a wall made by his titan troops, maybe lost the war again'st the apes or something interesting like that.
Gemstone83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 05:33   Link #437
ReddyRedWolf

Actually it is much simpler than that. People fleeing the Titans colonizes the new continent. They already find the continent ready with walls.

With the revelation of Eren's power it becomes clear that the royalty with the Coordinate manage to create the Walls using Collosal Titans as a final refuge for humanity.

But what about the people outside? They are left to fend off for themselves.

So Warrior tribe which has resentment on the Humans for monopolizing the Coordinate sent child soldiers to create havoc and retrieve the Coordinate from the royals.

This is why BRA infiltrated the military so that they can get close to the royalty to find out who has the Coordinate. At first they thought the Wallists gave a clue due to their attention to Historia. It turns out from the left field.

The worst guy who can have the Coordinate for them. Who by their transgression and betrayal made their own worst enemy.

A person who would not hesitate to kill every last of the Warrior tribe for thinking the Humans are insignificant and doomed anyway thus committing genocide as a collateral damage to their real objective.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 07:29   Link #438
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

But let's even suppose that that's true. What exactly made them think that this power that was supposed to be well protected inside the royalties' hands somehow ended up in a total nobody who just happened to be a titan shifter like them?

Old 2013-10-06, 08:29   Link #439
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
But let's even suppose that that's true. What exactly made them think that this power that was supposed to be well protected inside the royalties' hands somehow ended up in a total nobody who just happened to be a titan shifter like them?
That's the mystery isn't it. They certainly did not expect the one with Coordinate to be at the outermost wall.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 09:10   Link #440
Breimoon

i think that wathever happened between Historia and family could have happened Because Eren's father stole from her/duplicated the cordinate and gave it to Eren. There is a chance that historia too holds at least a part of the cordinate.