Notices

Old 2013-05-04, 21:03   Link #541
bastek66

The MOOOOON

WHY, JC WHY
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:28   Link #542
Anime Online

I felt sort of let down by the tension build-up between Tsukiko and Tsukushi. The whole thing came down to Tsukushi wanting to marry Tsukiko and her marriage blues? It just felt kinda .. dumb, especially since Tsukushi seemed like the reliable and protective older sister, not someone with a screw loose.

When Tsukiko said, "I don't know where to start", I'm thinking, "Yes, Tsukiko, I fully agree with you"
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:30   Link #543
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I felt sort of let down by the tension build-up between Tsukiko and Tsukushi. The whole thing came down to Tsukushi wanting to marry Tsukiko and her marriage blues? It just felt kinda .. dumb, especially since Tsukushi seemed like the reliable and protective older sister, not someone with a screw loose.

When Tsukiko said, "I don't know where to start", I'm thinking, "Yes, Tsukiko, I fully agree with you"
Completely agree with you. Which is why I previously said it completely obliterated her respectability. It's lie the author wasn't even thinking.

A complete waste of a very attractive girl.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:56   Link #544
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, obviously that's something to explain later. My best guess at this point is that it was cursed by someone. And so, if they can figure out who (what?) was responsible for cursing it, there may still be a way to get Tsukiko's emotions back (along with, apparently, the "other big thing" that was recently lost?)
Don't forget that it's likely responsible for why Yokodera's house is gone. Honestly, I'm surprised that none of the three are talking more about this or atleast freaked out by what happened.

Quote:

We're talking about the same person who whole heartily believed one of worst lies ever.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 23:14   Link #545
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Don't forget that it's likely responsible for why Yokodera's house is gone. Honestly, I'm surprised that none of the three are talking more about this or atleast freaked out by what happened.
Well, that was the "other big thing" I was referring to, but was trying not to say outright due to not everyone have seen the subs yet.

But anyway, that happened right at the end of the episode, so we haven't seen anyone else's reactions yet.
Old 2013-05-04, 23:40   Link #546
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay... uh... the last 10 minutes is one of those most ridiculous revelations I have ever seen. Compounding this is that Yokodera is one of those typical marriages of atypical wisdom and dumbass so... yeah...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 00:06   Link #547
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I had an inkling Tsukushi was someone who lacked common sense but this episode hammered in that fact so hard. All the drama was built up for an extreme anti-climax (wanting to marry your own blood-related sister, really now ). Her clumsy affection for Tsukiko was amusing, to say the least.

Also, she fell for Yokodera's lie. Come on now, you should know better than to fall for that hook, line and sinker.

Yokodera's house disappeared all of a sudden. Poor dude.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 00:29   Link #548
Lukeman1884

So why didn't Tsukiko want her emotions back then? Her original reason was because she thought they were what was causing the rift between her and her sister, but now that's obviously not the case. Is it so she's still got a reason to be with Yokodera? But then that begs the question as to why she was distancing herself afterwards. Or is she just trying to play hard-to-get?
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 01:15   Link #549
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
So why didn't Tsukiko want her emotions back then? Her original reason was because she thought they were what was causing the rift between her and her sister, but now that's obviously not the case. Is it so she's still got a reason to be with Yokodera? But then that begs the question as to why she was distancing herself afterwards. Or is she just trying to play hard-to-get?
Well, obviously this will factor into the plot going forward, so I don't know if there is a clear answer at this point... My guess is that it's because Youto saw her as a younger sister, and not as a potential love interest. Therefore, she thinks that if she gets her old emotions back, she'll be back to her "immature" self, and he'll continue to see her in that light. She still mistakenly believes that being able to hide your emotions is the path to "maturity". And so, going forward, she's going to have to be proven wrong.

As for why she's distancing herself from him now, I'm supposing she might figure that she needs to distance herself so that she can "grow up more" so that Youto will recognize her maturity (and again, not see her as a little sister or someone to pity). For all intents and purposes, the pretence they had for being together (in her mind) is over, now that she "chose" to not get her emotions back. (Of course, the curse of the stony cat statue has other plans...)
Old 2013-05-05, 01:49   Link #550
SQA

With Tsukiko, we're in a situation where you can't read her expressions (which is a major way of showing emotion in animation), so you have to interpret via her actions. The truth is that Yokodera hurt her bad. He pretty much just flat our rejected her when she's shown pretty obvious signs of interest. Not the least of which is spending time that she didn't have to with him.

If you think a guy responds badly to being "friendzoned", you've never seen it happen to a girl in real life. It doesn't happen anywhere as close to as often, but it's normally a ballistic response from them. Especially since both Tsukiko and Azusa are both cute (and know it) already. Though Yokodera doesn't have a reputation to destroy, so it's not like they could do much to injure him.

So, while I have 0 clue how to take what happened with the Queen of Steel, it's pretty easy to understand what's going on with Tsukiko. She got rejected and she's hurt, at the moment.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 02:14   Link #551
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
So, while I have 0 clue how to take what happened with the Queen of Steel, it's pretty easy to understand what's going on with Tsukiko. She got rejected and she's hurt, at the moment.
King, it's Steel King.

Get it right.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 02:19   Link #552
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Spoiler for Comparison to the source material:

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
A complete waste of a very attractive girl.
On the contrary, I think it's quite an improvement. Now she's easily the most interesting heroine.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-05 at 02:58.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 03:55   Link #553
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Yea, that was utterly retarded. Sure, I'll take the incest jokes attributed with Oreimo. But here? Give me a break.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 04:13   Link #554
Seitsuki
Onee!

You fools, this is pure genius. All shipping problems solved at a stroke! Yuri, incest, imouto/oneechan, there's something for everyone! Banzai!
Old 2013-05-05, 04:55   Link #555
scr
my sides are in orbit

^ Couldn't agree more, man.

10/10, what a tweest, totally didn't see it coming; i know that this show is weird since the storybook scene, but i don't know that it's going to throw this kind of ball.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:07   Link #556
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 5

I lost the tiniest respect for Tsukiko's aneki.... Kimoi, Hentai, Shiine Kudasai!!!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:57   Link #557
whitecloud

Massachuset.....and the both of them such a siscon that it make tsukiko embarrassed...

By the way...is there really gay marriage there?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 06:07   Link #558
Seitsuki
Onee!

In Massachusetts? Yeah.

Like Tsukiko mentioned though, incest isn't.

However there are plenty of places where that is legal as well... /cough.
Old 2013-05-05, 06:12   Link #559
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Massachuset.....and the both of them such a siscon that it make tsukiko embarrassed...

By the way...is there really gay marriage there?
Not only is same-sex marriage legal in Massachusetts, there is also currently in process the very first trial of one married lesbian accused of murdering her legally married lesbian spouse.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 06:30   Link #560
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Episode 5

I lost the tiniest respect for Tsukiko's aneki.... Kimoi, Hentai, Shiine Kudasai!!!!!!!
Do you have a time machine or something? You've apparently seen next week's episode already.

Anyway, so both Azusa and Tsukiko are now friendzoned. But while Azusa seems to have somewhat accepted that fate, I think Tsukiko is far from done with him yet, and that he eventually will fall for her.

As for Tsukushi's incestuous love for Tsukiko, why does that somehow 'degrade' her character? Youta lied ton her twice (first about why he was so active in the T&F Club and now that he had a twin brother, who was dating Tsukiko), and she keeps on believing him. Doesn't really make her look like the sharpest knife in drawer to me (her tough appearance seems only a front to me, especially after how easily Youta could shatter it when he found out the truth).

And I don't think the statue lost its power, given that Youta's wish never got undone, meaning that he'll be forced to stay at either Azusa or Tsukiko's place (probably the latter, as that coincides with his desire to act as Tsukiko's big brother).

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere