AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-05, 09:05   Link #561
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The source of all this drama was actually Tsukushi's desire to marry her little sister...? I have to say I didn't see that one coming. At all. I was flabbergasted when she revealed the reason behind her actions. I feel dumb for taking it so seriously

Tsukushi turned out to be far more entertaining than I anticipated. Loved how she totally bought Youkodera's lie about his twin brother. Her extreme infatuation with her sister also makes her very endearing. There's not enough yuri incest around so this is one couple I can get behind. Furthermore, I completely understand why she fell in love with Tsukiko. She's absolutely adorable. And yep, I think I've finally made up my mind: Tsukiko is the one I'm taking home.

Tsukiko's completely lack of expression makes it very interesting (and harder) to interpret her feelings. For once, we can't exactly blame the main character for being oblivious. I think Yokodera hurt her quite a bit this week. She obviously has some feelings for him and didn't want to be sister-zoned. Curious to see where this is going.
Old 2013-05-05, 09:14   Link #562
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 09:55   Link #563
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

BTW, did anyone else notice that Tsukiko makes cat-shaped stains when she wet the bed?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-05, 11:47   Link #564
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

"I don't even know where to start."

Not sure I quite agree with those who've called onee-san a siscon, at least in the classic sense. I think it's been pretty apparent since episode 2 that she's probably the biggest goddamned airhead in the entire show, and as she herself explained, her whole (ill-conceived) plan was based on myriad misapprehensions, including the one where she thought that the only way she could keep a promise to be "together forever" would be marriage. I didn't see anything to indicate a specifically romantic interest in Tsukihi, though I guess this is anime, so we can't rule it out entirely. More likely though, it seemed to me like a product of her flaky but sincere devotion to her sister.

Somehow, the fact that Tsukihi can't express how upset she is by Yokodera's tacit rejections just makes it all the more devastating to watch. She's playing my heart like a fiddle.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 12:26   Link #565
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

When the twist was revealed, my first reaction was "how stupid!" But then I just went on enjoying every minute of what followed. Onee-san is now a much more enjoyable character than she was. Her stupidity is marvellous. And Tsukiko assumes the dominant role between the two of them, which is nice. And we still get some pretty heavy emotional drama going on in Tsukiko's head (and hopefully soon in the MC's, too). And the moe just keeps on coming. Ogura Yui may now have a signature character.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 15:25   Link #566
taichi-kun

ogura yui is ririchiyo right? I loved that character.

What's the matter with the MC? 2 girls and he is not interested... what a waste! and he call himself a pervert!
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 15:29   Link #567
Midonin
Last Engage

Tsukushi and Cuune would make a great pair. Knowing that Ms. King of Steel is closer to Akane Akaza in terms of characterization actually makes me like her more. Plus it lets Yukari Tamura express both her slightly different vocal range and her usual vocal range when she goes into love-love-Tsukiko mode.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 17:51   Link #568
eduard3

I find this anime a lot more enjoyable imagining how Tsukiko would act in situations if she had her emotions xD especially this week.
eduard3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:33   Link #569
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Tsukushi having a Sis-con? It was so random! I also would like to see Tsukiko reacting after what her sister just said.
Old 2013-05-05, 18:34   Link #570
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
Tsukushi having a Sis-con? It was so random! I also would like to see Tsukiko reacting after what her sister just said.
I think even if she could show emotions on her face, the actual reaction she had spoke volumes. All she needed to do was /facepalm.
Old 2013-05-05, 19:38   Link #571
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
When the twist was revealed, my first reaction was "how stupid!" But then I just went on enjoying every minute of what followed. Onee-san is now a much more enjoyable character than she was. Her stupidity is marvellous.
Nah. To me, Steel King just fell off the cliff. Now, it is revealed that she's a total basket case. So makes me wonder -- what did she wish for, that costed her sanity?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 21:47   Link #572
The Green One

Tsukiko's reaction basically screamed, "Shoot me now...."
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 21:57   Link #573
Sol Falling

> JC Staff
Haha. Welp, this adaptation's pacing and direction has fallen off a cliff. Gonna have to revise my expectations for this series downwards. We're about a single episode from the anime passing the scanlated manga in terms of content though, so I guess I'll keep up just for that.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 00:26   Link #574
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Nah. To me, Steel King just fell off the cliff. Now, it is revealed that she's a total basket case. So makes me wonder -- what did she wish for, that costed her sanity?
She probably wished "I wish I had a closer relationship with my sister" or something along those lines and the cat decided to give her an ironic/cruel punishment maybe, or just took it to an extreme? Just as a change of pace since it seems like it always grants wishes the way the wisher imagines them.
Old 2013-05-06, 02:33   Link #575
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

All that drama literally went down the flush

My guess was more or less spot on Tsukiko's reason why she thought she didn't want to show her emotions easily, it's just that Tsukushi is just so bonkers in the head it didn't actually matter

Also, poor Azusa got even more friendzoned than before. A sad-puppy Azusa needs a hug!
Old 2013-05-06, 03:42   Link #576
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Do you have a time machine or something? You've apparently seen next week's episode already.
I though our MC retarded... but Tsukushi got the top...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 04:32   Link #577
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
She probably wished "I wish I had a closer relationship with my sister" or something along those lines and the cat decided to give her an ironic/cruel punishment maybe, or just took it to an extreme? Just as a change of pace since it seems like it always grants wishes the way the wisher imagines them.
And if that's the case -- alright. As a compromise, I'll buy into this lesbian incest thing, IF that's the explanation. But gosh dammit. There's just way too much incest going on - in various series.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 04:40   Link #578
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
ogura yui is ririchiyo right? I loved that character.
Wrong, Ririchiyo was Hidaka Rina.

Notable roles of Ogura Yui so far can be considered Alice in Kamisama no Memochou and Toki in Saki Achiga Hen. In both she used more or less the same intonation she uses for Tsukiko.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:21   Link #579
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.4

so yoto after hearing history of tsukiko & steel queen history together since their parents are gone so trying to explain talk with steel queen mention stony cat give reveal steel queen made that story & place during her younger years with tsukiko.

so after helping oops on tsukiko's outfit shops cue steel queen attack on yoto give trying explain include wish that tsukiko got no mood from stony cat got smash.

next day after talk with azusa for bit advice yoto challenge steel queen even make a wish got his undies on cat's head to full charge on steel queen even knock sense.

til come tsukiko who hear it all then it reveal steel queen doing this all go to boston & marry tsukiko since allow same marriage but tsukiko goes nope & yea they don't do sister marriages in boston.

after all set steel queen call out stony cat which got it small & cue meat-bun with tsukiko give to sister which in cost give the steel queen tsukiko's moods.

& all seem so quiet for yoto & tsukiko til yea the house of yoto just totally gone away to nothing.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 13:17   Link #580
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Wrong, Ririchiyo was Hidaka Rina.

Notable roles of Ogura Yui so far can be considered Alice in Kamisama no Memochou and Toki in Saki Achiga Hen. In both she used more or less the same intonation she uses for Tsukiko.
ohh even better
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere