AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-02-10, 19:46   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

The order for .Hack!

Yes, probably many of you are confused by the storyline of the whole .Hack Project.
The project entitled .Hack is a long one, as well as very confusing if not viewed properly. Below I took the time to list an 'unofficial' guide in which you should watch/read/play project .Hack

Follow this list and you should understand things to a clear enough point.
Note:. I've used 'Project .Hack' instead of calling it a series since it also includes books, games and manga.

First a timeline...
End of the 20th Century The US Department of Defense developed the ARPANET, which became the basis of the global communication network we now know as the Internet.

By 1999, almost everyone across the world had access.

Beginning of the 21st Century As the internet became popular, secret government information became harder to conceal and easier to obtain. The independent communist nations and the militant nations of Middle East attempts a series of political and social changes, five years after the beginning of the 21st century. Meanwhile, hackers continued to attack networks causing communication troubles and increasing the rate of cyber crime.

2002.10 The United Nations subsystem; the network council of the world, also known as the WNC was created. It was required for all the nations that use the internet to participate.

2003.1 The "WNC Winter Meeting" was held. It becomes a general meeting that reveals WNC limitations of power and effect.

2003.4 A new virus called "Hello, WNC" affected the world globally. An e-mail software company, M Corporation, with a market share of 70%, becomes the primary victim of the virus. The damage the virus affects up to ten million users throughout the entire world.

2003.7 The "WNC Summer Meeting" was held, mainly discussing the "Hello, WNC" virus. Pointless theories arise from the public concerning the actual ability of the WNC, unable to deal with problems like this.

2003.12 "Deadly Flash", a new virus appeared. 7 names of deceased humans are revealed. First capital punishment was decided upon the Japanese youth who implemented the virus.

2004.4 The "WNC Spring Meeting" was held. The introduction of the "New Century HyperNet Plan" is proposed by Japan, Germany and Italy. However, the U.S.A. and China oppose the idea and thought it was a waste of time. In result, only the bill of "Investigation and Research of New Viruses", "Technical Security Development Aid" and "Strengthening Reinforced Penal Regulations of Net Crime" and others comes into effect by vote.

2004.8 The Swiss Bank's main computer was hacked, losing 10 trillion and more in Japanese yen. The terrorist organization was also known since the 20th century actively committing crime without being caught.

2005.1 New York Stock Market prices repeatedly jumped. It was discovered that the stock exchange of Wall Street and the main computer of a major company were hacked, after the criminal announced their crime. The criminal has yet to be arrested.

2005 spring ~ fall The outbreak of cyber crime countinued on. "Security Development Support" and "Internet Crime Eradication" slogans promoted by WNC begin to lose its effect on the general public.

2005.12 "The Pluto Kiss" incident occurs.
On December 24th, the entire internet stopped functioning. Simultaneously, all networked computers and communcation control systems crashed, causing great panic and confusion. The network was able to recover 77 minutes later. The automatic retaliatory system of the United States began to operate erroneously and was moving to a point of crisis. The virus creator was a mere 10-year-old elementary school student.

2006.1 The United States of America's 44th president Jim Stonecold took the responsibility of the "Pluto Kiss" upon himself and resigned from office. The "WNC Winter Meeting" was held. In the year 2004, when the "New Century Cybernet Structure" re-surfaced to the public, they introduced the "ALTIMIT" OS. It was able to escape the damages done by the "Pluto Kiss". Thus, became the world's most commonly used operating system.

2006 Summer The duty of working on the "ALTIMIT" OS was to show individual accomplishment. However, because of this, the central development staff of ALTIMIT resigned their job. CyberConnect Corporation (CC Corporation) takes over. They became the foundation of "The World". Harold Hewick, a German, which he claimed himself to be, sold "The Fragment" to CC Corp.

2007.1 The ALTIMIT OS continued on into the next generation Network Systems as it spread across the world. The ALTIMIT Corporation (head office in San Francisco) established 12 overseas affiliation firms globally.

2007.5 ALTIMIT's corresponding network game "Fragment" began test play. "Pluto Kiss" caused the placement of a restriction on Networked Entertainment. However within a devastating state for entertainment market revival, the WNC removes the restrictions placed on it.

2007.7 "The Fragment" became the most popular topic within conversations between network game users. As for the prototype of "The Fragment" viewed by the public, rumors spread by a semi-maniac claim for the existence of "The Twilight Tombstone". The CC Corporation attends an International Securities Market Stock Presentation.

2007.10 By October 31st, WNC announced that all of the world's computers switched to ALTIMIT OS. At the same time, all restrictions regarding network use on the morning of December 24th 0 o'clock be removed, as formally announced in the past (The Network Peace Declaration). The United Nations named "The Mother Mary's Kiss" an international holiday on that day. On the same day, in a press conference, the CC Corporation announced the release of "The Fragment" in a big RPG "The World". The date of the release to the public was to be simultaneously on the same day at the same time.

2007.11 beginning of the month "The World" pre-orders were accepted. Within the start of the first hour, more than 100 ten thousand orders were received. The CC Corporation total sales, in stock, exceeded the ALTIMIT Corporation expectations.

2007.11 end of the month "The World" discountinuance sales rumor began to spread. CC Corporation denied the rumor.

2007.12.24 "The Mother Mary's Kiss" finally arrived. Alex Coleman, the president directing the worlds' "Network Security Declaration" was informed of the start of "The World" download sale.

200X The character, Tsukasa registered to "The World" (TV Animation Edition).

200X Aura begins her awakening... (TV Animation Edition & Game Edition).

2001X Kite was invited by Orca and logs into "The World". (Game Edition).

2001X Rena is presented the ".hackers official limited edition character" through an election. (Comic Edition).

source:. http://blackwings.net/hack/timeline.asp

Last edited by ChibiDusk; 2004-02-10 at 22:49.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 19:52   Link #2
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Order of Project .Hack

.Hack//AI Buster - NOVEL
.Hack//SIGN - SERIES
.Hack//SIGN ep27 - Another Story - SPECIAL
.Hack//ZERO - VOLUME NOVEL
.Hack//Infection || .Hack//Liminality vol1 [In the case of mai minase] - GAME/OVA
.Hack//Mutation || .Hack//Liminality vol2 [In the case of Yuki Aihara] - GAME/OVA
.Hack//Outbreak || .Hack//Liminality vol3 [In the case of Kyoko Tohno] - GAME/OVA
.Hack//Quarentine || .Hack//Liminality vol4 [Trismegistos] - GAME/OVA
.Hack//SIGN ep28 - Unison - SPECIAL
.Hack//GIFT || This is a special that really doesnt have any specific position - SPECIAL
.Hack//UdeDen || Dusk || Legend of the Bracelet of Twilight - SERIES
***Currently being updated
Old 2004-02-10, 20:45   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Hack, shmack, who's the cutie in your sig?
Old 2004-02-10, 20:57   Link #4
naantje
Annoyance :)

sagara from full metal panic, shame on u for not knowing him~
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 20:59   Link #5
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Hack, shmack, who's the cutie in your sig?
Its Sousuke Sagara ala Full Metal Panic (& Fumoffu!)...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 21:57   Link #6
vio5555

doesnt ep 28 come after hack udeden

it should go

hack udeden
ep 28
gift (you're supposed to watch it after 28, just a spoof)
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 22:02   Link #7
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Well, as 28 doesn't include any characters from Udeden, I'd say that it doesn't come after it. And they don't mention anything from it either, so I'd say that no, it doesn't come after Udeden.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 22:14   Link #8
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Well, as 28 doesn't include any characters from Udeden, I'd say that it doesn't come after it. And they don't mention anything from it either, so I'd say that no, it doesn't come after Udeden.
did you watch ep 28, all of the udeden characters were there; the only fight scene in 28 featured Kite data-draining a monster that neither Balmung nor Orca can defeat (all 3 are from udeden)... i dont remember them being in the first hack; also hack sign 28 has the final The End screen, so its clearly the final ep in all of the series
Old 2004-02-10, 22:19   Link #9
sperry

Yes, I did. Tell me, which Udeden characters were there? I seem to have missed them all. -_-

And what do you mean Balmung and Orca were not in the first .hack? You mean //Sign? If so, then Balmung was in it, and Orca was in the games.

Lastly...

Quote:
hack sign 28 has the final The End screen
Exactly. .hack//Sign. Udeden is a different series, is it not? The end of .hack//Sign is what this is.
Old 2004-02-10, 22:20   Link #10
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Yes, I did. Tell me, which Udeden characters were there? I seem to have missed them all. -_-

And what do you mean Balmung and Orca were not in the first .hack? You mean //Sign? If so, then Balmung was in it, and Orca was in the games.

Lastly...

Exactly. .hack//Sign. Udeden is a different series, is it not? The end of .hack//Sign is what this is.
Kite and Rose were in ep 28 (they were from udeden), ep 28 was released very recently, way after all of the other stuff including udeden has already been released, it was meant to be the final ep of the entire .hack story followed by the spoof that is ep 29 or gift
Old 2004-02-10, 22:23   Link #11
sperry

Have you not played the games? If you had, then you might know that the original Kite and Blackrose were from the game series. Udeden's Shugo and Rena only used the same character models. Please explain to me how they knew Elk and Mia, Tsukusa, Subaru, and the others if they were Shugo and Rena?
Old 2004-02-10, 22:33   Link #12
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

OMG People, get your stories straight, I should have given some information. Sperry IS correct!

I'll explain tommorrow, I'm n the phone right now and it is incredibly hard to type.
Old 2004-02-10, 22:34   Link #13
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by naantje
sagara from full metal panic, shame on u for not knowing him~
Eeeeeeh? Really? Sagara was that good-looking? I've always hated Full Metal Panic, ever since I read a few chapters in Newtype (was it?) so I never even gave the anime a chance. Sagara is a pathetic little moron but MEOOOOW! he's a hot little moron, da ne?

Whoops, sorry to hijack the thread. Maybe I should go try some .hack as compensation.
Old 2004-02-10, 22:44   Link #14
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Let me fix vio5555's confusion.
.Hack//Unison [ep28] does not belong after .Hack//UdeDen [dusk]. The characters you see are Kite and Blackrose who you seem to be confusing with Shugo and Rena from UdeDen [dusk].

.Hack//Unison [ep28] was just recently released in Japan so it could be released with the final game for ps2 in america. It is the conclusion of the games [instead of making another extremely short game they summed up the plot in a one episode special] .Hack//Unison is what happens after the game, the characters from .Hack//SIGN and the .Hack// games all celebrate the 'saving of The World' which was saved by Kite and Blackrose in the last game [Quarentine].
After saving 'The World' out of respect the game creators made Blackrose's and Kite's costumes 'limited edition' and did not let normal players use them.

In the continueing series [.Hack//UdeDen] Rena wins a play-character contest and wins the ability to use these costumes. She uses blackroses and her twin brother Shugo uses Kite's. That is why they looks alike, in .Hack//UdeDen they are NOT named Kite and Blackrose, they are Shugo and Rena [they just use the same costumes].

Got that? GIFT is a spoof and can be viewed anytime
[but preferably after SIGN, the games, and UNISON as it features many characters from both the games and SIGN]

'The End' screen is referring to the END OF THE GAMES and possibly SIGN
Old 2004-02-11, 00:57   Link #15
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
.Hack//AI Buster - NOVEL
.Hack//SIGN - SERIES
.Hack//SIGN ep27 - Another Story - SPECIAL
.Hack//ZERO - VOLUME NOVEL
.Hack//Infection || .Hack//Liminality vol1 [In the case of mai minase] - GAME/OVA
.Hack//Mutation || .Hack//Liminality vol2 [In the case of Yuki Aihara] - GAME/OVA
.Hack//Outbreak || .Hack//Liminality vol3 [In the case of Kyoko Tohno] - GAME/OVA
.Hack//Quarentine || .Hack//Liminality vol4 [Trismegistos] - GAME/OVA
.Hack//SIGN ep28 - Unison - SPECIAL
.Hack//GIFT || This is a special that really doesnt have any specific position - SPECIAL
.Hack//UdeDen || Dusk || Legend of the Bracelet of Twilight - SERIES
Pretty much right, except for //Legend of the Twlight. The anime version is completely non-continunity, only the manga verison is considered part of the timeline

Originally, //Legend of the Twilight was supposed to be manga only, but after the huge success and popularity of //SIGN and the games Bandai decided to create an anime version of //Legend of the Twilight

Unfortunately, the manga had barely started, so Bandai was forced to create their own storyline, while basing it loosely on the manga's story

There is also a new manga called .hack//ANOTHER BIRTH, which is a manga of the games told through BlackRose's point of view.

Also, recently, a new .hack supplement was released, .hack//ANALYSIS, which contains a HUGE amount of information about the characters of the .hack universe, as well as their real names and real life pictures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting .hack Character/Relationship Info
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information regarding the Timeline, Harold, 'The World', Aura, Morganna, and the Phases
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is Cubia? *GAME SPOILERS!*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

As for how long each .hack segment is:

//AI BUSTER (??)
//INTERMEZZO (ep27 of //SIGN) - 2 years prior to //SIGN
//SIGN - 6 months
//ZERO - 6 months (right after //SIGN ended, and ends right when //INFECTION begins)
//INFECTION -> //QUARANTINE + //LIMINALITY OVAs - 9 months
//UNISON (ep28 of //SIGN) - a few months after //QUARANTINE
//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT - (length unknown at this time. It does take place 4 years after the games)

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2004-02-21 at 13:52.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 15:35   Link #16
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Thanks for the corrections.
AI Buster is a 1-part novel about
the beta-version of 'The World'
and I just put .Hack//UdeDen at the end of the list because the costumes are from the game characters. My list
is not the correct order in which the series take place but in what order you should watch them. Like if you watched
ep27 before SIGN it wouldnt make too much sense and would be a big spoiler so its best to watch it after the SIGN series.

Oh and I Know that the contest was
Spoiler:
but I just didnt want to post it because it could spoil the series [and we all know how much spoiler posts attract people even if they really don't want to spoil the series. Temptation ]

Also, a big thanks for the character information!
Old 2004-02-11, 18:52   Link #17
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Just updated my post with information about Cubia.
Old 2004-02-13, 03:37   Link #18
Tellu54
Banned

If they're making books like analysis, does that mean it's over? ;-;
I'll miss it.
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 15:52   Link #19
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Not neccacarily
They could make a short OVA on AI BUSTER
or such things. Not likely, but possible ^^"
Old 2004-02-17, 11:38   Link #20
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Changed one thing on the list, it's a pretty big change and added two things very interesting.

It's about

Spoiler:

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2004-02-17 at 11:54.