AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-27, 08:47   Link #2161
Last Sinner
Fear Inoculum

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Posted in your quote to avoid making the post too long, but I can't agree with your opinion.

1. Kyou is my #2 favourite female character in anime. I've voted for her every round and prelim. Of course I wanted Kyou to win but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I'm a realist.

2. I don't understand Ichizon. I like Rin. I'm entitled to

3. I'm not the Onii-chan type. I like females with spirit. Blame being raised by women only for it, maybe.

4. Horo was in DE last year I thought she'd still be strong this year. Apparently not.

5. Um, which one are you mad over? The fact I accepted that Yui would win, that I like Fate, or both? I think we've had this argument before. -_-

6. I like Tomoyo and what she stands for. I'm entitled to.

7. Chill. Please...You don't have to agree with what I say but you don't have to put a gun to my head in the process. This is meant to be a fun contest, not a rage fest.

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle
Old 2010-04-27, 09:02   Link #2162
hinakatbklyn

Quote:

- Best poster ever: check
- Haruhi over Nadeko: die
- Hina over Mikoto: who cares, they're both not that moe.
- Tomoyo over Azusa: you damn Tomoyo fanboy
- Taiga winning necklace: check
- Yuki losing to Shana: sucks not
(1) I believe that was a great poster of Taiga so yes
(2) I used to think Haruhi was greater than sliced bread, but It more than subsided with the second season. Not interested in Haruhi.
(3) Somehow I didn't think Hina and Mikoto were moe in the first place, but does it matter? At least I don't think so. They can still look cute and moe at times.
(4) Still a strong competitor, doesn't mean I like Tomoyo. (not at all!)
(5) Already commented on Taiga
(6) Shana is too strong, but she can still be cute, and her expressions I think are cuter than Yuki. No problems there.
Old 2010-04-27, 09:34   Link #2163
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
1. Kyou is my #2 favourite female character in anime. I've voted for her every round and prelim. Of course I wanted Kyou to win but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I'm a realist.
2. I don't understand Ichizon. I like Rin. I'm entitled to
3. I'm not the Onii-chan type. I like females with spirit. Blame being raised by women only for it, maybe.
4. Horo was in DE last year I thought she'd still be strong this year. Apparently not.
5. Um, which one are you mad over? The fact I accepted that Yui would win, that I like Fate, or both? I think we've had this argument before. -_-
6. I like Tomoyo and what she stands for. I'm entitled to.
7. Chill. Please...You don't have to agree with what I say but you don't have to put a gun to my head in the process. This is meant to be a fun contest, not a rage fest.
Woah D: I don't see where I got that gun from. Let's get some things straight:

1: Kyou is one of my favourite characters in Clannad BUT I don't think it was empathic.
2: Rin is the hottest anime character ever. BUT I think she is more hot than moe (not that that would be bad, doujins, doujins~) while Mafuyu is quite moe.
3: I'm not an onii-chan fanboy -_- (eg I hate Mei) BUT I like Nadeko a lot so yeah I would have preferred if she won.
4: Ok I admit I went a bit overboard here. Let me just say that Nagi is in my top4 and Horo is really close behind. BUT I think that Nagi deserved that win.
5: I'm mad that Yui won because I really don't understand what people see in her. And yes I rank Fate very highly on my imaginary list. Also going from your post, "didn't hurt as a result" looks more that you don't like Fate to me.
6: Azusa is one of my favourite characters ever while Tomoyo is one of my least favourite characters in Clannad. Yes I'm allowed to be mad about Azusa losing by 14 votes.
7: But I like to rage I tend to be emotional over characters I like (specially if they lose against characters I don't like) and it's not like I would be raging like a certain mad dog. I was raging in my post but I certainly didn't have the intention of pointing a gun at anyone. (Though I certainly don't dislike it when people who like characters I don't get annoyed over my little taunts )
Old 2010-04-27, 10:49   Link #2164
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f...tart=20#p33098

Spoiler for my ranks:

3 questions to TRE

1. Tomoyo beat Azusa, yet Azusa is still ahead?

2. Shana has SDO that is even lower than Misaka Mikoto. What is your take on it?

3. Both you and I have Saten Ruiko rather close to Takamachi Nanoha, but I get a feeling that Nanoha will likely destroyed Ruiko if they meet now. How can we explain this?

Finally,

Naze naze Nadeko? How is she managing to stay up so high in the ranking?
1. Overall Azusa did better than Tomoyo in Topaz so she's higher in my stats despite directly losing to Tomoyo. The characters don't follow my stats exactly in every match. Azusa underperforming a bit and Tomoyo overperforming a bit is a possible explanation for why Tomoyo won despite Azusa being higher in my stats. For any two characters in my stats, the higher character is just more likely to win if they meet but not guaranteed. Azusa beight slightly higher than Tomoyo just means she should have a slightly better than 50% chance of winning if they faced again.

2. SDO doesn't really mean very much. However, if you have a high SDO that means you've already fought a lot of the stronger opponents so this reduces your chances of getting a high SDO in later rounds to win a necklace. If you don't win a necklace despite a high SDO, you're just wasting your potential. Shana's low SDO means she has her stronger opponents concentrated in the last 5 periods which means she's more likely to win a necklace.

3. I disagree with the notion of Nanoha destroying Ruiko. If Nanoha wins, it won't be by very much.

I still need to get around to watching Bakemonogatari sometime.
Old 2010-04-27, 11:17   Link #2165
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Meh even if it did win taiga the necklace, I still would have preferred she lost to Kyou . And wow dam Tomoyo vs Azusa was really close.
Also kinda surprised Haruhi beat Nadeko wasn't really expecting that result at all. The gap between Kagami, and Konata shown to be about what I expected decent size, but under 1k.

Also I am still confused what time zone exactly does ISML use to decide start, and end time of rounds?
MAL
Old 2010-04-27, 12:35   Link #2166
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2010/...7-results-end/

there....my thouhgts on topaz overall....but lol @ JC Staff...its like all they make is tsunderes....yet they quickly become everyone's fan favourites (me included)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-04-27, 14:16   Link #2167
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post

2. SDO doesn't really mean very much. However, if you have a high SDO that means you've already fought a lot of the stronger opponents so this reduces your chances of getting a high SDO in later rounds to win a necklace. If you don't win a necklace despite a high SDO, you're just wasting your potential. Shana's low SDO means she has her stronger opponents concentrated in the last 5 periods which means she's more likely to win a necklace.

I still need to get around to watching Bakemonogatari sometime.
I guess this is the biggest reason why my rank and yours differ. I actually put a lot of value in SDO, especially for the recent matches, for I reason that if you beat many strong contenders, then you must be strong.

And yes, do watch Bakemenogatari.
Old 2010-04-27, 19:57   Link #2168
Last Sinner
Fear Inoculum

Quote:
Woah D: I don't see where I got that gun from. Let's get some things straight:

1: Kyou is one of my favourite characters in Clannad BUT I don't think it was empathic.
2: Rin is the hottest anime character ever. BUT I think she is more hot than moe (not that that would be bad, doujins, doujins~) while Mafuyu is quite moe.
3: I'm not an onii-chan fanboy -_- (eg I hate Mei) BUT I like Nadeko a lot so yeah I would have preferred if she won.
4: Ok I admit I went a bit overboard here. Let me just say that Nagi is in my top4 and Horo is really close behind. BUT I think that Nagi deserved that win.
5: I'm mad that Yui won because I really don't understand what people see in her. And yes I rank Fate very highly on my imaginary list. Also going from your post, "didn't hurt as a result" looks more that you don't like Fate to me.
6: Azusa is one of my favourite characters ever while Tomoyo is one of my least favourite characters in Clannad. Yes I'm allowed to be mad about Azusa losing by 14 votes.
7: But I like to rage I tend to be emotional over characters I like (specially if they lose against characters I don't like) and it's not like I would be raging like a certain mad dog. I was raging in my post but I certainly didn't have the intention of pointing a gun at anyone. (Though I certainly don't dislike it when people who like characters I don't get annoyed over my little taunts )
1. 700ish votes is a fairly clear difference.
2. Indeed she is. Doesn't mean she can't be both. Seen enough high quality Rin art to convince me she can be both.
3. Fair enough.
4. Okay, that clears that up.
5. After the seeding matches, I've already accepted the fact Fate's strength has gone down. She's a former tiara winner, so I have no major problem with that. That's what I meant. There seems to be some bitter resentment towards Fate for being a tiara winner yet Hinagiku doesn't seem to be getting any of that. I live with it.
6. Let's just say NicoNico and Sankaku have ensured I can never think of Azusa in a good way. -_-
7. Could it be Brooklyn Rage instead of submarine launched thermonuclear warhead rage? :P

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle
Old 2010-04-27, 20:29   Link #2169
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
2: Rin is the hottest anime character ever. BUT I think she is more hot than moe (not that that would be bad, doujins, doujins~)
Hmmmm... Rin? Really? She's cutely done, but I wanna see some more Holo art... dignified Holo art that is!

I have seen some stinkin' hot (and dignified Holo art)... she could hold her own against any of these girls easily... of course I am "just a bit" biased! Hahahaha!

Last edited by Rajura; 2010-04-27 at 20:53. Reason: Addition needed
Old 2010-04-27, 22:40   Link #2170
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also I am still confused what time zone exactly does ISML use to decide start, and end time of rounds?
Rounds used to start at 0000 GMT, but it became hard for the staff to be awake or available at the right times, so we "flipped" it to start and end on 1200 GMT. That still didn't work out, and our latest adjustment was to move to 1500 GMT. So far that's been pretty good for fitting ISML work into our personal schedules.

Since matches run 24 hours, it shouldn't matter too much when it starts or ends, since you'll have time during daylight hours (or night if you prefer) to cast your ballot no matter where you live. And all times are listed in GMT to keep a global standard.

The days of the week, though, might be a challenge for some people. We did Mon/Wed/Fri for a while but are currently on Sun/Tue/Thur, again to allow staff time to prepare and resolve matches. Our calendar is on the rules page, and we don't expect any deviation from it this year.

Last edited by Crisu; 2010-04-28 at 09:58. Reason: typos
Old 2010-04-27, 23:28   Link #2171
Team Rocket Elite

Coincidentally (well I think it was a coincidence), that means ISML matchs start and end at midnight JST.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:45   Link #2172
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Courtesy of KholdStare

Spoiler for for space:
Maybe one for Marisa too? (or is it already in ISML forums..)
Old 2010-04-28, 12:36   Link #2173
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Coincidentally (well I think it was a coincidence), that means ISML matchs start and end at midnight JST.
You're right, it is a coincidence - JST never came up in our discussions to switch start times.
Old 2010-04-29, 01:18   Link #2174
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Maybe one for Marisa too? (or is it already in ISML forums..)
Sorry, but only one winner of an exhibition match every period will get a poster. There's a pattern to which exhibition match it is. 0.o
Old 2010-04-29, 06:04   Link #2175
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's probably something like drawing numbers at random, inventing a huge mathematical formula that somehow fits into several excel spreadsheets with formulas that calculate performance and probabilities and then selling it to us as pattern.
Old 2010-04-29, 07:12   Link #2176
Last Sinner
Fear Inoculum

Does it involve breaking the fourth wall?

Old 2010-04-29, 09:08   Link #2177
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

YES!! Alice Margatroid won Topaz

Of course I know Taiga won. And Taiga's poster is pretty nice too. But in term of tsundere Taiga can't beat the Rainbow Magician
Old 2010-04-29, 19:39   Link #2178
wontaek

Quote:
It's probably something like drawing numbers at random, inventing a huge mathematical formula that somehow fits into several excel spreadsheets with formulas that calculate performance and probabilities and then selling it to us as pattern.
Eisdrache, that doesn't work well, even if there were only 7 random numbers.
Old 2010-04-29, 21:48   Link #2179
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Eisdrache, that doesn't work well, even if there were only 7 random numbers.
How about writing numbers on ping-pong balls and drawing them out of a jar?
Old 2010-04-29, 22:34   Link #2180
Last Sinner
Fear Inoculum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
How about writing numbers on ping-pong balls and drawing them out of a jar?
Even better - how about taking them and firing them out of cleavage reload-styles like the chick from Grenadier? ^^

Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, moe, saimoe, tournament, voting