AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-15, 01:10   Link #3321
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: B.C. Canada
Age: 30
voting Nadeko cause a friend asked me too, i dont know anyone in that group at all


also voting Himari because shes fucking hot as hell, and theres not much else too it, Isumi is cute but FFFFFF HIMARI IS HOOTTTTTTTTTTT
__________________
LazyCanuck is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 01:18   Link #3322
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gap's widening for nadeko... HELL YEAH!
I think rush votes will save Yui though but hope I'm wrong.
__________________
Traveler on Revenge / Ahelo Sigs / Saimoe Report! Signature by ganbaru
ahelo is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 01:55   Link #3323
OverFunk
It will never be the year
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Can we at least use thumbnails instead of whole pictures? Even if behind spoiler tags, they still get loaded so are bandwidth drains. There's a reason we don't spam images in Saimoe threads anymore. Pretty sure this is explained in first post but if not, look in previous years' first posts.
Oh puny non-Opera user, I laugh at your weakness. Also I'm kidding I don't want to be preached about extensions. Fucking Firefox's witnesses.

Anyway, thumbnails are easier to manage and don't break the forum layout, listen to the man.



Also some tracker reading abilities you should know: it keeps count of repeated IDs and codes used in posts. So you can get an idea of who has more fakes.
__________________

Never forget
OverFunk is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 02:38   Link #3324
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umiko View Post
<<平沢唯@けいおん!!>> One of my favs. Voting for Gitah today!
<<忍野忍@化物語>>
I'm almost 100% sure that last year, they had <<ギター>> (Gitah) as an official name for Yui. Wonder why it's not on the list this time? I guess if (actually it looks more like 'when') Yui wins, I'll post a request to the management/config thread for them to add it ^__^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Can we at least use thumbnails instead of whole pictures? Even if behind spoiler tags, they still get loaded so are bandwidth drains. There's a reason we don't spam images in Saimoe threads anymore. Pretty sure this is explained in first post but if not, look in previous years' first posts.
I really don't understand how much of a drain a 500kb jpg is on anything... Sure, a 4MB .gif file, but those usu. don't get posted. Besides, thumbnails are a pain in the ass to make. I have to open the picture in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop or something and reduce the picture, up the new image to my webhost, and add the thumb image and the url to the real picture to the post manually, b/c the image widget only does images. When I just post a picture, I click the image widget, copypasta url, highlight entire [img] tags plus the image url and click the spoilar tag, create witty catch-phrase and that's it. It's too much of a pain to do it the other way. Besides, if you're on dial-up, you deserve what you get (mass evil laughter).

(in B4 I get bad repped for making fun of dial-up users...........)
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.

Last edited by Rika-chama; 2010-09-15 at 02:49.
Rika-chama is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 05:20   Link #3325
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far away from reality as possible
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post

I really don't understand how much of a drain a 500kb jpg is on anything... Sure, a 4MB .gif file, but those usu. don't get posted. Besides, thumbnails are a pain in the ass to make. I have to open the picture in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop or something and reduce the picture, up the new image to my webhost, and add the thumb image and the url to the real picture to the post manually, b/c the image widget only does images. When I just post a picture, I click the image widget, copypasta url, highlight entire [img] tags plus the image url and click the spoilar tag, create witty catch-phrase and that's it. It's too much of a pain to do it the other way. Besides, if you're on dial-up, you deserve what you get (mass evil laughter).

(in B4 I get bad repped for making fun of dial-up users...........)
...You do know that image hosting sites thumbnail stuff for you on the fly and give you links for that... right?
__________________
npal is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 05:24   Link #3326
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
...You do know that image hosting sites thumbnail stuff for you on the fly and give you links for that... right?
Downloading from one place and reuploading on an image site can be annoying sometimes...

がんばれ、二人とも!
Correct Japanese? Not sure if it's the right inflection.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 05:33   Link #3327
Psieye
Lore Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: GMT +1
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Downloading from one place and reuploading on an image site can be annoying sometimes...
Uh... then we're getting to bandwidth leeching which is even more of a taboo than posting big pictures on forums.
__________________

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 06:05   Link #3328
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
...You do know that image hosting sites thumbnail stuff for you on the fly and give you links for that... right?
Yeah, I've got my own host (ichigo69.mayulive.com). I'd rather not use photobucket or imageshack, tbqh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Uh... then we're getting to bandwidth leeching which is even more of a taboo than posting big pictures on forums.
erm.... what?
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 06:16   Link #3329
Psieye
Lore Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: GMT +1
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Yeah, I've got my own host (ichigo69.mayulive.com). I'd rather not use photobucket or imageshack, tbqh
Ah, having your own host does re-distribute the complexity landscape.

Quote:
erm.... what?
It's a matter of bandwidth costing money. This cost is paid by the server owners and not the users. Now it's perfectly fine if you're posting direct from a server which you own or otherwise have permission to do so. Doing it from any random place means you're draining bandwidth money from that server while bypassing the tradeoffs they've set up: be it advertising money or getting their own information broadcast. Also known as "hotlinking". Image servers have a business model geared towards this behaviour, but most sites don't.
__________________

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 06:25   Link #3330
Zeroryoko1974
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
1st, 687 votes, Nadeko
2nd, 624 votes, Yui
3rd, 67 votes, Nynph
__________________
Zeroryoko1974 is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 06:26   Link #3331
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Yeah, I've got my own host (ichigo69.mayulive.com). I'd rather not use photobucket or imageshack, tbqh
Ah, having your own host does re-distribute the complexity landscape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
erm.... what?
It's a matter of bandwidth costing money. This cost is paid by the server owners and not the users. Now it's perfectly fine if you're posting direct from a server which you own or otherwise have permission to do so. Doing it from any random place means you're draining bandwidth money from that server while bypassing the tradeoffs they've set up: be it advertising money or getting their own information broadcast. Also known as "hotlinking". Image servers have a business model geared towards this behaviour, but most sites don't.
Yeah, I understand that. However, the thing is, the major imagehosting sites don't care if you hotlink, in fact, they even give you cheat urls in order /to/ hotlink, which is why I don't understand what you're talking about....

It was more of a 'Whut u talkin' 'bout, Willis?' response more than a 'I don't understand this' response <shifty eyes>
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 06:44   Link #3332
RJ TAYLER
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: AUSTRALIA
"Major shock" could still be 'on the cards' tonight. All depends on the late influx of returns. A 3.37% swing to Yui is required based upon the above figures, can she get it in time to avoid a really early exit?
__________________
YOURS
RJ TAYLER
RJ TAYLER is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 06:45   Link #3333
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Hotlinking is nothing to ni-pah about.
Eisdrache is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 06:49   Link #3334
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Hotlinking is nothing to ni-pah about.
Of course not, nano desu
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 07:01   Link #3335
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Arrow Saimoe Images: A21/B22 | A22/B23

Spoiler for space:
__________________

Last edited by frustra; 2010-09-15 at 08:34. Reason: added more stuff.
frustra is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 07:12   Link #3336
Psieye
Lore Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: GMT +1
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Yeah, I understand that. However, the thing is, the major imagehosting sites don't care if you hotlink, in fact, they even give you cheat urls in order /to/ hotlink, which is why I don't understand what you're talking about....

It was more of a 'Whut u talkin' 'bout, Willis?' response more than a 'I don't understand this' response <shifty eyes>
The impression I got was that Komari thought hotlinking from any random site was ok, including small sites that can't afford to be leeched without tradeoff. Major imagehosts were covered by my post in "they've got business models geared for hotlinking".
__________________

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 07:15   Link #3337
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Under a rock.
Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
I've been at this for a whole day already and I still can't get a damn code. Could anyone just vote Yui for me? ;___;
__________________
TakuanInc. is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 08:00   Link #3338
Zeroryoko1974
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I have a code if you can place a vote
__________________
Zeroryoko1974 is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 08:23   Link #3339
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Under a rock.
Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
I have a code if you can place a vote
Seriously? Can I have it? I just have to vote for Yui today!
__________________
TakuanInc. is offline  
Old 2010-09-15, 08:24   Link #3340
Zeroryoko1974
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
Seriously? Can I have it? I just have to vote for Yui today!
Check your inbox, I sent you a PM with the code. Nadeko is still holding strong. I suspect in the end we will see a fake vote reversal and Yui was leading the whole time. It seems rather timely that every time Yui got close a bunch more votes for Nadeko would come in. But who knows, she is a popular character.

1st, 893 votes, Nadeko
2nd, 819 votes, Yui
3rd, 83 votes, Nynph

__________________
Zeroryoko1974 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2010, saimoe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.