AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-13, 13:30   Link #5441
00andz00
-.-'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Everyone hates a repeat winner, but they still keep voting for the KugiRie clones.
as long as its not a repeat winner..

seriously, this is starting to look like a parallel of last year..
with Nagi as a more acceptable version of Taiga, and Azunyan a true moe version
of Yui..

bcos of that, im voting for Nodoka
Old 2010-10-13, 13:32   Link #5442
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Implying Nagi and Taiga are anything alike, etc

Time to get through K-ON!! so I can bandwagon support Azusa if she manages to win the tournament.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:05   Link #5443
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
Time to get through K-ON!! so I can bandwagon support Azusa if she manages to win the tournament.
The ending is really Azusa focused. I'm sure it's been helping her, especially since it was so recent.

Not worth as much after the fact, but my predictions for these two top 4 matches were Nagi and Azusa. With Nagi's impressive victory of Koromo, a Nagi-Azusa final will be epic. Right now I think it will be too close to call (after seeing the results of Azusa's match today I might make a prediction).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or if each was used as an assassin. Kanade for Yuki and Yamada for Kanade.
I think that the Kanade-Yuki match was pretty clean. I was under the impression that Kanade was percieved to be the stronger of the two anyway, so if there even was significant assassin activity in their match at all, I think it would have been people supporting Yuki to assassinate Kanade.

Last edited by Wanderer; 2010-10-13 at 14:16.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:09   Link #5444
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Spoiler:

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-10-13, 14:37   Link #5445
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Azu-nyan has opened up her lead a bit
1st, 295 votes, Azu-nyan
2nd, 180 votes, Nodocchi
Old 2010-10-13, 14:53   Link #5446
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
I really hope these Saki late hour rushes don't kill the Azusa adventure.

Who needs boobs when you have Ayana Taketatsu as the HNNNNGG voice of your favorite girl.

Old 2010-10-13, 15:40   Link #5447
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
Semifinal 1
1st 1228 votes | Sanzen'in Nagi @ Hayate no Gotoku!!
2nd 923 votes | Amae Koromo @ Saki

Power overwhelming. My body was not ready.

2010 confirmed for 2007. But this time...!

Rolling Azusa again this match. Off to a good start.

In a Nagi-Azusa match, I'd probably go for Nagi, but I'm fine with either winning Saimoe.
Old 2010-10-13, 15:50   Link #5448
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
The ending is really Azusa focused. I'm sure it's been helping her, especially since it was so recent.
It looks good so far. I doubt I'll get all the way to the end before Saimoe finishes, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorez View Post
Who needs boobs when you have Ayana Taketatsu as the HNNNNGG voice of your favorite girl.
I can have my favourite character voiced by my favourite voice actor with either boobs or no boobs. I like the variety, and she's already won a Saimoe.
Old 2010-10-13, 16:30   Link #5449
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorez View Post
Actually for HNNNNNNGGGGG voice I prefer samples like the dorm-sensei in Maria Holic, Konata in Negima and Mikan in Manabi Straight.

Also, I wouldn't describe Azusa as HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG. That would apply to say...

Moe and HNNNNNNGGGGGGG aren't quite the same thing to me (the latter is a specific subset of Moe).

Oh yeah and I did say I'd show what an S-grade Azusa is didn't I?

And whilst I am being generous with images this post...

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-10-13, 16:46   Link #5450
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Well two out of three of my beloved in the top eight have now come and gone, but I'm still quite proud of Koromo and Yamada for making it as far as they did (especially the later). However, if the finals aren't made up of flat chests and twintails, then I'm quitting Saimoe forever because I'm terrible and biased against oppai.

All my hopes and dreams all lie on Azusa's shoulders now.
Old 2010-10-13, 17:16   Link #5451
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Nagi sure makes me HnnnnnnnnnnG.
Old 2010-10-13, 18:08   Link #5452
Eater of All
NOM

So Nagi took even Koromo's haitei in the end. It was a good run, Koromo.

Today's vote:
<<中野梓@けいおん!!>> (Nakano Azusa @ K-ON!!)
Knock those moons out of orbit, Azusa!
Old 2010-10-13, 20:16   Link #5453
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

Hay eater guess who i'm voting for??!?!?
Old 2010-10-13, 20:33   Link #5454
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

┏━━┳━┳┳━━┳━━┳━━┳━━┳┓┏┳┓┏┓┏━━┓
 ┃┏┓┃┃┃┣┓┏┫┃┃┃━━┫━━┫┃┃┃┗┛┗╋┓┏┛
 ┃┣┫┃┃┃┣┛┗┫┃┃┃━━╋━━┃┗┛┃┏━┓┣┛┗┓
 ┗┛┗┻┻━┻━━┻┻┻┻━━┻━━┻━━┻┛━┗┻━━┛
Semifinal #2 of the AnimeSuki RUSH: 10:32:00 JST

769 :KaneDragon:2010/10/14(木) 10:32:00 ID:T/nXWHWT
■┃┏┓┃■ ┃┣┫┃┃┃┣┛┗┫┃┃┃━━╋━━┃┗┛┃┏━┓┣┛┗┓
■┃┗┛┃■ ┗┛┗┻┻━┻━━┻┻┻┻━━┻━━┻━━┻┛━┗┻━━┛
■┃┏┓┃■          「ミ.x、   __ ___    ,. ィオ{   [[AST1014-RVqEc8oE-JY]]-00940
■┣┻╋┫■              }_::トヽ`く .:.:-}:.:.... >'´/ィ::}   <<中野梓@けいおん!!>>
■┃  ┃┃■             _}孑, > .´ ̄` ̄ミ.く  ´孑   (Nakano Azusa @ K-ON!!)
■┃┃┃┃■          ,.7ィ,/.: .:...  .:. :.. ..:.:.:ヽ _ く
■┃┃  ┃■          /.∧/ ..:′::|:..:. .:i:.:i.:..:..:.:.:.V≧ト
■┣┻━┫■.          /.:イV′.:|.:.i:.:i.:..:.:..|:.:|.:.:..:.:.:.:.}彡 |ヽ.
■┗┓┏┛■         /..:バl:|i .:∧:{:ノ:.:. .:.:.:廴!_.:.:..ハ:.:}:.:.ヽ
■  ┃┃  ■      /..:/  |从.:| ̄ハト:..:.:}:ハ:ト、.イ:.. |:ハ:.:...'.
■┏┛┗┓■.      /..:.:′ |..:.:N,ィ=ミ、 Vノ ァ斗}ミ}:.: l′ i:.:..:.:.    Nekomimi modo
■┣┳┳┫■     ' :.:;′  | :.:ハヒz:ツ    ´ヒz:ツ小: }  l ..:.:.i.    for maximum power.
■┃┗┛┃■.     .′.:′   l..:小 :::::   .   .::::u.从リ   l ..:.:.l.
■┃    ┃■    i..: .:i    ハ..:| ,> .   、   ,∠.j:../   |.:..:.:.l
■┃┃┃┃■     |..: .:|    ,从{ {_{`i -- ァ刋 ノイ\   }:..:.:..|
■┣┻┻┫■     !.: :.:|   ,〈{  ヽ V! ヽ  / /7    /〉、 |..:.:...|
■┃  ━┫■     |. :.:.{   / ハ〉    Vi/>く∨7    /7ハ. }..:.:...|
■┃  ━┫■ ┏━━┳━┳┳━━┳━━┳━━┳━━┳┓┏┳┓┏┓┏━━┓
■┣━━┫■ ┃┏┓┃┃┃┣┓┏┫┃┃┃━━┫━━┫┃┃┃┗┛┗╋┓┏┛

770 :KaneDragon:2010/10/14(木) 10:32:46 ID:T/nXWHWT
■┃┏┓┃■ ┃┣┫┃┃┃┣┛┗┫┃┃┃━━╋━━┃┗┛┃┏━┓┣┛┗┓>>769
■┃┗┛┃■ ┗┛┗┻┻━┻━━┻┻┻┻━━┻━━┻━━┻┛━┗┻━━┛
■┃┏┓┃■    シャナ@灼眼のシャナ    (Shana @ Shakugan no Shana)
■┣┻╋┫■   // :/:::::/::::::.!:::|:::: !::::::::、:::::::::::::::::、::ヽ::::::::ヽ
■┃  ┃┃■   !|:::/::::::.!:::::::|:::∧::::|、::::::::!.、::::::::::::: ヽ: !:::::::::: ! >1st 946 votes | Nodoka
■┃┃┃┃■  i:l: ::|:/:::.!::::::ii|_:| ヽ:::!l\:::!'、\::::::::::::!::!::::::::::::.! >2nd 890 votes | Shana
■┃┃  ┃■.  |/l:::.!|, :::ヽ::::l'l:lヽ、ヽ:|l'´ヾr==ミ、:::::::|::|:::::::!:::: : !
■┣┻━┫■   |::.!l:.!::::::lヽ|,==、 `'    ヽ   \:|:: !: ::: !::::::.!   うるさいうるさいうるさい!
■┗┓┏┛■   l/ `ヽ::|:::l     , - 、       ll'::::!.l:::::.!:::::::.!
■  ┃┃  ■       l`l::.!!     l/ ̄ ヽ    /.!::::.!:|::::::.!:::::::l
■┏┛┗┓■       !::::.!.!ヽ   ヽ   ノ  /::::|:::::|::.!:::::.!:::::::.!     Shan a lives!
■┣┳┳┫■      .!::::| !::::.` ー 、._ ´ ,/  |::: !:::::|:::l::::::.!:::::::|
■┃┗┛┃■       |:::::|.!::::.!:::::.!:::::::::`Г    l-,|::::.!::::|::::::.!:::::::|
■┃    ┃■      |::::::l':::::.!::::::|:::::_, -/}    /:l:::::lー-∟: !:::::::.!
■┃┃┃┃■      !::::::|:::::_!, .‐' ´.:.:.:!r- 、_ /.:.:.:!::::l// /`ヽ:: !
■┣┻┻┫■.     |::::::|/ ヽヽ.:.:.:.:.:.lィーミ./.:. :.:.:.!:::.!/  /   !::.!
■┃  ━┫■.     |:::::::! ヽ ヽヽ.:.:.:.ヽ  / .:.:/ !::::|   /   |::::!
■┃  ━┫■ ┏━━┳━┳┳━━┳━━┳━━┳━━┳┓┏┳┓┏┓┏━━┓
■┣━━┫■ ┃┏┓┃┃┃┣┓┏┫┃┃┃━━┫━━┫┃┃┃┗┛┗╋┓┏┛

1+1, both on time.
Old 2010-10-13, 21:20   Link #5455
Team Rocket Elite

Yesterday's Results:

Sanzen'in Nagi - 1228 (57.09%)
Amae Koromo - 923 (42.91%)

How many times is it now that a character who is supposed to be really strong ends up looking like a chump next to Nagi? Maybe the problem wasn't Nadeko, Mafuyu and Koromo being overrated but Nagi just being that stupidly strong. 1228 votes is just an absolutely amazing performance. Not even Koromo's Haitei Raoyue was able to get a good hit on Nagi. Nagi has absolutely and without a doubt shown why she deserves to be in the finals again. The winner of Azusa vs Nodoka is going to have to really impress to match what Nagi did today. If they don't, I'm not sure if they will even get that close to Nagi in the finals.

Today's match: Haramura Nodoka vs Nakano Azusa

Haramura Nodoka

Past Results:
Round 4: Nodoka 946 (51.53%) - Shana 890 (48.47%)
Round 3: Nodoka 866 (53.36%) - Maria 624 (38.45%) - Yuuki 133 (8.19%)
Round 2: Nodoka 378 (48.09%) - Mihoko 279 (35.50%) - Hajime 129 (16.41%)
Round 1: Nodoka 441 (48.36%) - Akari 355 (38.93%) - Yamada 95 (10.42%) - Yaya 21 (2.30%)

Preliminary Group 6
1 - Nanoha - 464
2 - Momoko - 424
3 - Nodoka - 414
4 - Kana - 367
5 - Mikan - 349

Nakano Azusa

Past Results:
Round 4: Azusa 961 (60.52%) - Aoi 627 (39.48%)
Round 3: Azusa 1052 (46.76%) - Mikoto 1026 (45.60%) - Mio 172 (7.64%)
Round 2: Azusa 653 (47.42%) - Momoko 463 (33.62%) - Poplar 261 (18.95%)
Round 1: Azusa 425 (68.88%) - Kozue 100 (16.21%) - Shannon 62 (10.05%) - Rin 30 (4.86%)

Preliminary Group 1
1 - Azusa - 362
2 - Poplar - 355
3 - Nadeko - 336

The last semifinal match for the right to fight Sanzen'in Nagi in the finals. I think I doubted Nodoka's power at every single step of path to the semifinals. After a lackluster preliminary match, she really came back to show her stuff. Making the semifinals in two out of two years is an amazing achivement. Nodoka wants to take things a step further this year. Easily beating Maria while under the slight effect of split votes and taking down Shana are defintely good signs of Nodoka's power. She even nearly broke 1000 votes in her match with Shana. Nodoka will have to get past Nakano Azusa to get to the finals. While Nodoka only got close, Azusa actually did break 1000 votes in her Round 3 match and it was with Mio sucking up nearly 200 votes as well. Azusa then went on to absolutely paste Yamada in Round 4 easily having the largest percentage win and managed to edge out Nodoka for highest Round 4 vote count. It doesn't look as good anymore compared to what Nagi just did, but it still shows a serious amount of power. Overall, I think Azusa is going to win this match. However, if Azusa wants to show she's up to the challenge of beating Nagi, she really going to have to beat down Nodoka.

My prediction:
Nodoka - 47.00%
Azusa - 53.00%

I'm voting for Nakano Azusa.
Old 2010-10-13, 21:28   Link #5456
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or if each was used as an assassin. Kanade for Yuki and Yamada for Kanade.
Kanade couldn't have been used to assassinate Yuki, her vote count didn't drop after and they remained fairly consistent at 600+ votes indicating support from 600+ core fans alone and nobody else. It wouldn't make sense to hate vote Yuki because she hadn't yet taken out anybody important at that point.

Quote:
Assassinations don't lower the target's vote counts, they raise their opponent's.
You said it yourself. The fact that Yamada's vote count rose for her match against Kanade and fell against Azusa pretty much tells me it was an assassination.

Quote:
The point is that in a situation were Kanade needed to muster all the support she could, she only got 670 votes. That's not even close to enough to beat Nagi this year.
Like I said, those 600+ votes likely consisted of just her core fans from the AB! faction and nobody else since at that point there was no need to hate vote Yamada, as she wasn't yet considered a high value target and she hadn't taken out any of the big names before that.

Besides, if you can remember, during the fight Kanade was being stuffed with fake votes to keep her potential supporters and other reservists off guard. Before the fakes were subtracted, people were being led to believe that she was doing well enough against Aoi even if the match was apparently close, so potential Tenshi supporters stayed away and anti-voters didn't have a reason to vote against Aoi. They did have reasons to vote against Kanade, since she was a high-profile character and she took out Yuki and Index, whom I can imagine had large fanbases themselves. Kanade held up against big names, but faltered against a relatively low profile opponent, because many of her potential supporters felt she was going to win anyway. Before that upset, people everywhere were predicting Kanade would win, and so potential extension of support never arrived.

As for Nagi, The impressive numbers she's been pulling indicates she's been getting a lot of support not just from her core fans from the Hayate faction alone, but also from many others such as KugiRie faction members and various anti-voters such as angry Yui Hirasawa fans (against Nadeko), a coalition of angry Hinagiku Katsura, Hitagi Senjougahara and Yui-nyan fans (against Mafuyu) and anti-Saki voters (against Koromo). Not to mention the fact that 2ch is particularly fond of Nagi since their disastrous loss in 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
This means that Kanade would have her hardcore voters of 600+ and whatever antivoters of her opponent + sympathetic character/show voters, making her dangerous, much like Nagi. Better to get rid of her early on.
Agreed. Kanade could have pulled out more supporters than she did, but the point of discussing this further is moot since Kanade already lost, anyway.

----

As for the match today, I'm probably anti-voting the candidate who is less likely to challenge Nagi. As for who that is, I think I'll wait and see a little before I decide.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:00   Link #5457
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
Hay eater guess who i'm voting for??!?!?
Here's my theory. Normally, you'd be voting for the girl in your avatar, but clearly she isn't in the tournament. The next step would be to look for someone to support from your sig, but unfortunately both Nanoha and Fate are already gone (bless their souls). Thus, with no one to support, you decide to take one from the sig nearest to you, which is mine's. Of the 7 girls in my sig, only Azusa is still in contention, and coupled with the fact that she is also in my avatar, you realize that it is destiny for you to give your vote to Azusa in this match. Logic strongly compels you to. Therefore, my final answer is that you are voting for Azusa.
Old 2010-10-13, 23:23   Link #5458
Kyuu
=^^=

This is the #1 reason to favor Azu-nyan:

Spoiler:

And y'know what -- despite my numerous watching (and rewatching) of Saki (at least 30 times per episode)... ... the thought of Nodoka becoming champion doesn't sound right. Even within Saki - plenty of characters are better than her... including Koromo (too bad for her), Bucchou, and Mihoko. Heck, even Kana is better than Nodoka.
Old 2010-10-13, 23:42   Link #5459
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Voted Nodoka. If Azusa wins this match then...I'm probably going to be extremely indifferent to the final result, just like last year. Well, I guess I would vote for Azusa in the finals just for shits and giggles.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2010-10-13, 23:47   Link #5460
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I got a vote code, can someone place a vote for Azu-nyan for me please.

Tags
2010, saimoe