AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-04, 12:20   Link #1341
Subayai

Is anyone looking at the tracker? Are you seeing what I am seeing?

Because I see a significant lead (of about 50 votes) by both Mami AND Miho. Yes, that's right, Miho seems to be winning. I sure hope her votes are not fakes but I don't think they are. Not all of them at least.

Also, compared to most days, the participation is sky high.

As for the Mami vs Yuu match. Initially, I wanted Yuu to win this group. However, after seeing the round 2 performances of Mami and Toki, the idea of them having a showdown at the group final is so attractive, it would be a pity if it didn't happen.

Anyway, my main concern is that Miho wins this match. Panzer Vor!

EDIT: The vote graphs for Mami and Miho look very similar. The same goes for Yuu and Kuro. So I'd say there is a good Mami-Miho combo and a good Yuu-Kuro combo (this one was expected, of course). It just happens that the Mami-Miho combo is stronger (at the moment).

Last edited by Subayai; 2013-10-04 at 12:31.
Old 2013-10-04, 12:28   Link #1342
Ithekro
Gamilas Rises

Panzer Vor!
Old 2013-10-04, 13:49   Link #1343
scineram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
Also, compared to most days, the participation is sky high.
Could that be just the fakes? The other day someone was spamming Airi votes, and I was hopeful for a while.
Old 2013-10-04, 13:54   Link #1344
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by scineram View Post
Could that be just the fakes? The other day someone was spamming Airi votes, and I was hopeful for a while.
In part, yes. There have to be some fakes to reach the number of votes that we have now. But I think that Mami and Miho are really winning at the moment. Only that they are winning with far less votes than what the tracker shows.

I think this is a good start. It remains to be seen if Miho can keep this up to the end but I have hope.
Old 2013-10-04, 21:27   Link #1345
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Round 3 begins. Without further ado...

Picks:
Mami Tomoe @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Miho Nishizumi @ Girls Und Panzer

I'm supporting Miho because I actually like her as a character. An excellent leader during crunch time, she delivers when it counts (in the anime), and I do hope that applies here too.

Panzer Vor!
Old 2013-10-04, 22:28   Link #1346
ion475
にこにこにー

And Round 3 begins...

A3-1: Pick/Predict: Mami. Personally I don't even know how Yuu is this strong anyway...Her imouto I can understand but not Yuu
B3-2: Pick: Kuro, Predict: Miborin. Personally think Lovely My Angel will win against either girl, so don't care. Miborin is GuP one and only hope, though
Old 2013-10-05, 04:04   Link #1347
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

MAMI-SAAAAANNN! I'm really hoping she makes it.
Old 2013-10-05, 07:41   Link #1348
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

At this point I think that after removing the fakes the Kuro vs Miho match would be extremely close, while Mami has the victory in the other match with a slightly larger gap.

But still Nishizumi-dono, Panzer Vor!
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-05, 09:11   Link #1349
Subayai

Results for Round 3 Day 1

A3-1
1st 673 Mami Tomoe @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2nd 589 Yuu Matsumi @ Saki

B3-2
1st 653 Miho Nishizumi @ Girls Und Panzer
2nd 593 Kuro Matsumi @ Saki
==============================================

By 60 votes!! No less.
You can imagine how happy I am right now.

Congratulations to Mami and Miho.
Old 2013-10-05, 09:15   Link #1350
uis

Congrats for Miho and Mami.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-10-05, 09:18   Link #1351
Subayai

Sorry, uis. I didn't know you where about to post the results too.
In any case, Miho's victory is so important that it deserves to be posted twice.

-----------------------
Also, the number of votes today is one of the highest since 2011.
Only one of the 2011 quarterfinals (involving Mami like today) and the controversial Homura-Mikoto match achieved a higher vote count.

List of matches with 1000 votes or more since 2011 (winners in bold)
R1-2011 Homura-Sara-Mikoto 1338 votes
QF-2011 Ika Musume-Mami 1322 votes
R3-2013 Mami-Yuu 1262 votes
R3-2013 Kuro-Miho 1246 votes

QF-2011 Kyouko-Kuroneko 1225 votes
R3-2011 Victorique-Mikoto 1129 votes
R2-2013 Ayase-Homura-Madoka 1052 votes
R2-2013 Iwai-Mami-Yozora 1003 votes
GF-2012 Toki-Akari 1000 votes

Last edited by Subayai; 2013-10-05 at 09:28.
Old 2013-10-05, 09:34   Link #1352
uis

With the fakes the votes whooping 1728.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-10-05, 09:46   Link #1353
Wanderer
Goat

So, with this Miho and Mami have both secured themselves, at worst, a top-seeded spot in repechage. The same goes for all future victors this round.

Miho vs Ayase looks to be a very interesting match, as it will be a really important proxy battle between Madoka and Saki, with Madoka herself riding on Ayase, and both Kuro and Ako riding on Miho.

Miho could win that one. My dark horse Miho scenario is looking more and more real. I say she gets stronger the longer she survives. She's got that underdog thing going for her that will attract votes, especially as people get disillusioned when their personal favorites get knocked out.
Old 2013-10-05, 09:47   Link #1354
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

I think that, instead of team synergy, Kuro got hit with counter synergy. Basically Miho piggyback off of Mami's strength.

Anyway...

Spoiler for The Big Board:

Guesses...
Toki and Ayase
Old 2013-10-05, 09:57   Link #1355
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Nishizumi-dono, congratulations!

The Mami vs Toki and Ayase vs Miho scenarios are getting more and more real. Now if only the expected to win will win tomorrow
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-05, 10:57   Link #1356
Team Rocket Elite

It's really starting to look like the Puella Magi are a bit too strong. In Round 1 they looked competitive with the top Saki characters and the best characters from other series. However, Saki has started to pull away from everyone else and the Puella Magi are pulling away from Saki. It's getting difficult to see them losing, especially if Madoka is allowed to come back to life. Yuu and Kuro put up star performances with nearly 600 votes each. However, Mami still wins easily with nearly 700 votes. I'm not sure how much is natural strength and how much is support from Mami but Miho clears 650 votes. I didn't think she would win but it seems the dreams of the Girls und Panzer fanbase is still alive.

Matches: A3-2 B3-1

I'm happy to see Yui made it this far but she's out of her league in Round 3. Saki characters have looked pretty good lately and Toki might still be the strongest of them all. Toki should win without much issue which means we'll get the Mami vs Toki Saimoe Champions Block final. Kirami looked better in Round 2 but I wouldn't really say she looks as strong as Ayase does. Kirame was already getting help from Kuro and Yuu in previous rounds so Toki's help shouldn't really help her that much more than the Matsumi siblings. Also it's not like Toki is in a tough match that will bring out Saki fans. The fate of Madoka rests on Ayase's shoulders. If she gets Madoka fanbase support as well, the match may turn out to be fairly one sided. I'm siding with an Ayase victory.

Votes:
Onjouji Toki
Aragaki Ayase

Predictions:
Onjouji Toki
Aragaki Ayase
Old 2013-10-05, 10:58   Link #1357
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Yay Mami-san and Nishizumi dono!

Predictions- Toki, Ayase
Picks- Yahallo, Subara
Old 2013-10-05, 11:15   Link #1358
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently came across a pic of Mami Tomoe that seems so very fitting for today...

Mami: Attack Saki! Miho: Yes Sir!

Then later that evening, over at Mami's pad...

Spoiler for Madoka faction celebration:

Probably nobody has defended Mami as much on this thread as I have, but even I'm a bit surprised by her performance today. Especially given...

Quote:
Only one of the 2011 quarterfinals (involving Mami like today) and the controversial Homura-Mikoto match achieved a higher vote count.

Mami is now to J-SaiMoe what "Stone Cold" Steve Austion was to the WWE back in the late 90s.

You know that "business is picking up!" when a Mami match is going on! She's not just a winner, she actually gives J-SaiMoe higher ratings!
Old 2013-10-05, 11:22   Link #1359
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I'm surprised Yui is beating Toki right now.
Old 2013-10-05, 11:31   Link #1360
iamadooddood
NOM.

Grats to Mami and Miho. Didn't know what I was thinking when I picked Kuro... at least I predicted Miho to win lol. First time wrong pick but right prediction. That brings me to 8/10 and 5/10 for picks and predictions respectively. Hmm... my target is to have an overall average of 75% accuracy lol. Need to work harder...

Quote:
Sorry, uis. I didn't know you where about to post the results too.
In any case, Miho's victory is so important that it deserves to be posted twice.

-----------------------

GF means group final right? What was Saimoe's all-time record?

Anyone for Mami-Toki exceeding 1338 votes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
So, with this Miho and Mami have both secured themselves, at worst, a top-seeded spot in repechage. The same goes for all future victors this round.

Miho vs Ayase looks to be a very interesting match, as it will be a really important proxy battle between Madoka and Saki, with Madoka herself riding on Ayase, and both Kuro and Ako riding on Miho.

Miho could win that one. My dark horse Miho scenario is looking more and more real. I say she gets stronger the longer she survives. She's got that underdog thing going for her that will attract votes, especially as people get disillusioned when their personal favorites get knocked out.
TBH, Madoka means more to the MadoMagi fans than Kuro and Ako mean to Saki fans. And all other things being equal, Ayase is stronger than Miho. I don't think Ayase will lose to Miho here. With regards to dark horses, there are a lot that have as much right to be called such as Miho, so she's not the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
It's really starting to look like the Puella Magi are a bit too strong. In Round 1 they looked competitive with the top Saki characters and the best characters from other series. However, Saki has started to pull away from everyone else and the Puella Magi are pulling away from Saki. It's getting difficult to see them losing, especially if Madoka is allowed to come back to life. Yuu and Kuro put up star performances with nearly 600 votes each. However, Mami still wins easily with nearly 700 votes. I'm not sure how much is natural strength and how much is support from Mami but Miho clears 650 votes. I didn't think she would win but it seems the dreams of the Girls und Panzer fanbase is still alive.
Not their fault that they want to ensure Mami's victory given the fact that they'll never be able to dominate Saimoe like before, so that's why they're getting more serious now. With Madoka and Homura out in B and Kyouko unlikely to survive C, they can't afford to take chances like Saki still can.

I think we can only truly gauge the true strength of the girls from the final 16 onwards.

EDIT: I shall make a small change to my predictions. Now I'm picking and predicting Toki and Ayase to win.

EDIT 2: Maybe not. I'll change back to picking Yui and predicting Toki. I don't know why I changed lol. At least I'm changing back. Ayase winning is no question though.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-10-05 at 11:53.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament