AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-09, 21:17   Link #1541
AP24

I think the results of the matches in Round 1 and 2 were fair. But the results of Round 3 matches in groups A-D seem questionable because of the new voting rules. Will they redo the Round 3 matches in groups A-D? The tournament would only be delayed by 4 days if that happens.
Old 2013-10-09, 21:39   Link #1542
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

The current total number of votes is so pathetic I don't even want to look at it anymore. It seems a lot of voters have been upset at the new changes so they decided to abandon the tournament to protest. Also the random BiriBiri protest votes just add more to this reasoning.

As for the match itself, with the low number of votes, Sawa can totally be able to upset Watashi if her voters still care and push it. Shizu and Yoshino are extremely close also.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-09, 21:51   Link #1543
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
The current total number of votes is so pathetic I don't even want to look at it anymore. It seems a lot of voters have been upset at the new changes so they decided to abandon the tournament to protest. Also the random BiriBiri protest votes just add more to this reasoning.
(Looking through the thread)

Those Biribiri votes are definitely Chinese spam LOL...

On the other hand, yeah, people ARE pissed off right now.

P.S. Speaking of spam, Kuroneko is probably doomed...she's one of those girl that's heavily support by Chinese next to Biribiri, which means AST will find a way to screwed her up. But then, her opponent is Tsukiko and it's a 50-50 to begin with...
Old 2013-10-09, 21:55   Link #1544
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

At this rate they may as well redo Round 3 for real.

Unless the admins continues to be stubborn and butcher this tournament to bits.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2013-10-09, 22:06   Link #1545
Team Rocket Elite

If I was in a movement against overaggressive anti-cheating measures, I think Misaka Mikoto would probably one of the last characters I would bring up. I imagine the admins might consider it a good sign that a fanbase that got caught cheating is pissed of.
Old 2013-10-09, 22:27   Link #1546
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
From the looks of things, they would rather choose the latter
In other words, the Saimoe admins chose the same path as their country's video game industry.
Old 2013-10-10, 05:04   Link #1547
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
From a rather pessimistic point of view, the most likely scenario seems to be 1. The current trend suggests they'd rather squeeze more legit votes out just to keep the hated foreigners away, even if it means banning many more Japanese themselves from voting.

We saimoe followers don't even have a "Triple Crown" to consider anymore with the loss of Korea's Best Moe Tournament, and I'd really hate to lose yet another crown: the oldest and original Saimoe.
Most pessimistic is actually 3, but yeah, I find 2 quite unlikely too. Unless they have an unexplained change of heart...

What happened to Korea's Best Moe Tournament?

Well w/e, I believe China has its own moe tournament too. We can crash that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
If I was in a movement against overaggressive anti-cheating measures, I think Misaka Mikoto would probably one of the last characters I would bring up. I imagine the admins might consider it a good sign that a fanbase that got caught cheating is pissed of.
I'm pretty sure most of the Misaka fans were pissed at the guy that cheated 2 years ago too.

Unfortunately for them, one black sheep makes the entire fanbase look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Mikoto Misaka fans may feel like their girl has been cheated out of a chance at repechage due to too many of Nodoka's votes being thrown out. It's a reasonable position to take, given how incredible Nodoka's vote decline is. So Mikoto fans are writing in "Biri Biri" for protest votes.

It's hard for me to imagine J-SaiMoe ever completely going away, but we're rapidly nearing a point where it's hard for me to imagine more than a few hundred voters (i.e. equivalent to the population of a very tiny rural town) actually caring about this tournament.

It's a shame, because J-SaiMoe's format gives it a nice, distinct feel from ISML. I honestly prefer J-SaiMoe's basic format structure to ISML's, since I think J-SaiMoe's format structure enables for a wider range of matches and more turnover at the top end than ISML's. But nice format alone can't keep a tournament strong.
What's with Biri Biri?

Nah, if it goes low enough it's bound to get scrapped. If things don't improve, either this year or next year is the last.

Yeah, this has the feel of an actual tournament, so it's more exciting (assuming no farce like this). ISML is more like a league. Not as exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post

As for the match itself, with the low number of votes, Sawa can totally be able to upset Watashi if her voters still care and push it. Shizu and Yoshino are extremely close also.
I have a better idea. Everyone doesn't vote in round 4. Then all the matches end up in draws.

Seriously though, the JP fans really should try mass boycotting the tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
In other words, the Saimoe admins chose the same path as their country's video game industry.
Isn't their video game industry slowly going the opposite way of this AST?

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-10, 05:06   Link #1548
Wanderer
Goat

This is just sad.
Old 2013-10-10, 05:23   Link #1549
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Oh wow. Look at all the random votes the tracker managed to catch as "unrecognized nicknames". 60+ Misaka Mikoto votes and at least 9 votes with "@International Saimoe League>" at the time of this post. Several of those might be/made to appear to be of Chinese origin, and some are actually written in Chinese.

Yoshino and Shizuno's tight fight is still going, but Sawa appears to have overtaken Watashi in the other, where both matches barely reaching 100 votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
What happened to Korea's Best Moe Tournament?
Last I heard, it transformed into some sort of campaigning contest exclusively within their forums, destroying the old voting tournament format it had because they don't vote for the actual girls anymore, but for a campaign for the girl. The radical change was probably another bad decision regarding the cheating scandals it faced recently (which included an unprecedented tournament restart and likely destroyed whatever credibility it had left).
Old 2013-10-10, 06:18   Link #1550
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: G3-1 H3-2

It's hard to say how any match will go since the new restrictions may change things quite a bit. Azusa's performance looked amazing until it turned out that it was likely due to Chuunibyou collapsing. Tsukiko probably wasn't too far away from Kuroneko before. She might be stronger now but I think I'll still go with Kuroneko. Eru would have been the clear favourite before. I'm still going to side with her winning.

Votes:
Kuroneko (Gokou Ruri)
Chitanda Eru

Predictions:
Kuroneko (Gokou Ruri)
Chitanda Eru
Old 2013-10-10, 07:55   Link #1551
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Oh wow. Look at all the random votes the tracker managed to catch as "unrecognized nicknames". 60+ Misaka Mikoto votes and at least 9 votes with "@International Saimoe League>" at the time of this post. Several of those might be/made to appear to be of Chinese origin, and some are actually written in Chinese.
If you read the thread, it's the same person copy and pasting the same ASCII Art and Misaka Mikoto vote 60+ times...

And there are definitely quite a bit of Chinese spamming going on...
Old 2013-10-10, 08:08   Link #1552
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
What's with Biri Biri?
That's what Touma calls Mikoto Misaka. I honestly forget why he called her that, but the nickname has stuck, though in-story I think it's used exclusively by Touma.

Quote:
Nah, if it goes low enough it's bound to get scrapped. If things don't improve, either this year or next year is the last.
Part of the reason why I have a hard time imagining it getting scrapped is that these admins appear to be a pretty stubborn bunch. But I suppose if vote totals drop much lower, even the admins may start to wonder 'What's the point of this tournament any more?'
Old 2013-10-10, 08:57   Link #1553
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Last I heard, it transformed into some sort of campaigning contest exclusively within their forums, destroying the old voting tournament format it had because they don't vote for the actual girls anymore, but for a campaign for the girl. The radical change was probably another bad decision regarding the cheating scandals it faced recently (which included an unprecedented tournament restart and likely destroyed whatever credibility it had left).
Wait, what?

I have no idea what's going on in these tournaments anymore...

Quote:
That's what Touma calls Mikoto Misaka. I honestly forget why he called her that, but the nickname has stuck, though in-story I think it's used exclusively by Touma.

Part of the reason why I have a hard time imagining it getting scrapped is that these admins appear to be a pretty stubborn bunch. But I suppose if vote totals drop much lower, even the admins may start to wonder 'What's the point of this tournament any more?'
I see.

Well yeah, that's the main reason why I don't think they'll stick around for more than one more year at this rate.

Yoshino-Shizuno is a close match is it? Hmm...

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-10, 09:16   Link #1554
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Biribiri is an onomonopia for the sounds electric sparks make.
Old 2013-10-10, 09:20   Link #1555
Subayai

Results for Round 3 Day 6
E3-2
1st 256 Yoshino @ Date A Live
2nd 189 Shizuno Takakamo @ Saki

F3-1
1st 224 Watashi @ Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
2nd 200 Sawa Okita @ Tari Tari

Note: There were no suspicious codes today.
Old 2013-10-10, 09:28   Link #1556
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Watashi is through, I'm so happy

I actually never underestimate Sawa, she is the 3rd girl in the tournament that surprised me the most for defeating Hisa and beat Tsubasa & Mikan by over 100 votes, so I had the feeling she might cause some trouble for Watashi. Also combined with the low vote total today, it's even more difficult for Watashi to win big like previous round. In today's match she had a stronger start, but had some time being overtaken by 10-20 votes. However, her final rush had been strong enough and gained her a victory. Congratulations to Watashi!
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2013-10-10 at 09:45.
Old 2013-10-10, 09:30   Link #1557
hinakatbklyn

- Despite a lower vote total, Yoshino still ends up with a convincing win. So far, the only Saki reps to win in round 3 and advance to the group finals are Toki and Ryuuka.

- Watashi however won a close match. Would have preferred Sawa to win if only to guarantee either she wins the group and brings back Mikan, or Maho wins the group and brings back Hinagiku.

(G) Supporting: Ruri (Kuroneko) although Tsukiko is a close second
(H) Supporting: Eru
Old 2013-10-10, 09:38   Link #1558
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The results have really low vote totals, but at least they're more or less what I would have expected in general (Yoshino and Watashi both winning, but not by blowout). I mean, even before the recent voting issues came up, this is generally the result I would have expected, just with a hundred to two hundred fewer votes in each match.
Old 2013-10-10, 09:39   Link #1559
uis

Loli winner win again and Shizu lost. Oh well it is sad gaijin get block again and i hope more japanese vote again after popular anime fanbase collapsing huhuhu...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-10-10, 09:47   Link #1560
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Yoshino defeats Shizuno in a closely contested fight after she began pulling away late into the match. Sawa gave Watashi a bit of a scare somewhere past the middle, but the Main Character rallies with a final rush and pulls through with a total just 5/6 votes shy of 200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
If you read the thread, it's the same person copy and pasting the same ASCII Art and Misaka Mikoto vote 60+ times...

And there are definitely quite a bit of Chinese spamming going on...
Yeah, when I made that post the tracker already reported that there were also 100+ votes with reused codes, so someone copy-spamming votes was quite a likely scenario. I'm a bit more intrigued about the ones that end with @International Saimoe League and @KyoAni(?) though.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament