AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-01, 10:34   Link #281
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Takahashi is such a cool guy. For a first crush, Hina could have done a whole lot worse.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 11:13   Link #282
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Takahashi is such a cool guy. For a first crush, Hina could have done a whole lot worse.
He is indeed a great guy. Kind of wish this had played out differently, with Hina realizing she loves Rei more than him, rather than being forced to give up on her love for him because he was going away. I still liked how this was handled though. It feels more realistic this way.
Old 2018-04-01, 11:33   Link #283
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

This was such a beautiful show, it genuinely made me all warm and fuzzy inside with each ep.

Sad that its finally over, but it was a wonderfully heartfelt ending.

=<

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 14:54   Link #284
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He is indeed a great guy. Kind of wish this had played out differently, with Hina realizing she loves Rei more than him, rather than being forced to give up on her love for him because he was going away. I still liked how this was handled though. It feels more realistic this way.
I agree. You have no idea how I've been looking for something fitting that exactly: cute girl crushes on a guy who's pretty good, and super popular, while she develops incredible chemistry with a more "average" guy, and in the end she realizes that she and Mr. Average have something real. Wherever I look though, it's either Mr. Wonderful moves, or he's revealed to be a bastard, or some other crap to eliminate him. Seriously, is it really that hard to have a girl realize this on her own?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 15:30   Link #285
Wandering Soul

Quote:
It's weird. At first I thought Hina's new haircut looked terrible too, but after she showed herself in front of Rei, it suddenly looked really good. I think the bangs looked a bit different? Or maybe I was just affected by Rei's enthusiasm.
I never thought that Hina's haircut was bad, just a bit childish (it's pretty much the same as Momo's hairstyle). By the time Rei was constantly praising it, her new hairstyle had grown on me.
Old 2018-04-01, 17:57   Link #286
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I think she still sees Rei more as an older brother, but I suspect she'll discover her feelings are deeper than that. In the meantime Takahashi is still her first crush; it will take time for her to move on.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 19:00   Link #287
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I looked up Sangatsu in Google maps. There were two locations, Sangatsu Takimichou and Sangatsu Ouinochou, fairly near one another outside of Nagoya. Is "March Town" one of these? I was amused to see the town of Kanazawa is not far away from them.
March Town is mostly modeled after Tsukuda, Tokyo. See Crunchyroll's post about the real-life location. Unfortunately, the real-life model of Mikazuki-dou (where the Kawamoto family works) seems to sell preserved ingredients instead of sweets, or it'd make a great location to visit.
Old 2018-04-01, 23:52   Link #288
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Most eye-opening was the extra chapter. Seems like the mom was almost right on the money, but she isn't aware of the 'complicated' relationship between Rei and Kyouko. I was always wondering if the parents knew of Kyouko sneaking into Rei's bedroom, but I guess this is for the best for both of them. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-02, 01:03   Link #289
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Grandpa has been thinking about Rei as a match for Hina for a long time, since he sent Rei after her when she was crying about her mother and grandmother. Looks like the rest of the family might be catching on.

Hina cutting her hair reminds me of when my little sister cut hers. It had been long enough for her to sit on, and then one day it wasn't. She was about the same age, too. Maybe there's something to what Akari was thinking, about leaving your childhood behind.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 13:28   Link #290
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

The bonus chapter in the beginning episode felt a bit strange at first. Why is Rei suddenly calling up his foster home and comes to visit? Then he's just shown being totally unfazed and nothing happens? It seems very out of character for him.

But I get it now. That was the best way to show how his character has developed. He's no longer crippled by guilt over what his presence did to his siblings. That's what he means by "having changed", after seeing Hina declare that she did nothing wrong.

I'm not sure how realistic that is, being able to deal with one's past in such an indirect way. I thought the only way Rei could get over himself would be to talk to his siblings directly. Getting them to either admit their shortcomings and apologize to Rei, or make some raged rant about how they'll never forgive him, in which case Rei could slowly get over his guilt, seeing that there's nothing he'll ever be able to do about it.
Old 2018-04-03, 13:51   Link #291
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
The bonus chapter in the beginning episode felt a bit strange at first. Why is Rei suddenly calling up his foster home and comes to visit? Then he's just shown being totally unfazed and nothing happens? It seems very out of character for him.

But I get it now. That was the best way to show how his character has developed. He's no longer crippled by guilt over what his presence did to his siblings. That's what he means by "having changed", after seeing Hina declare that she did nothing wrong.

I'm not sure how realistic that is, being able to deal with one's past in such an indirect way. I thought the only way Rei could get over himself would be to talk to his siblings directly. Getting them to either admit their shortcomings and apologize to Rei, or make some raged rant about how they'll never forgive him, in which case Rei could slowly get over his guilt, seeing that there's nothing he'll ever be able to do about it.
I'm of the opposite mind I guess. From what he's said of his old house, that's kind of what'd been happening throughout his life there, with frequent confrontations and attacks. Just look at what it was like when Kyouko left home, she really let it out and told him exactly what he'd done and what she needed. He endured this for years, trying to make peace and find a way to belong and being judged and denounced for it, and every step of the way he felt like the justice of his actions, his worth, his right to be there and say things, was all entirely external, decided by those that faced him. After the incident with Hina however, he's finally gained the smallest shred of confidence, an ability to stand on his own two feet and claim that he'd not been in the wrong. Actually confronting the other two wouldn't change or help with that at all. Even if he'd been right his strength had hurt them. All they'd be able to do is say the same things over again. And all that would come of it is more pain.

Besides, it's not like he's fully matured himself yet. He's only just learned to believe in himself and to commit to something with conviction in its worth, but he's got a ways to go to fully transform. And the same is true for the other two. Ayumu had shut himself off for a long time and from the sound of it has only started to try again, yet remains still very immature and scarred. Kyouko herself is still trying to find herself and find proof that she too can receive real happiness, so that she's not so full of a need to push others down. They wouldn't benefit from talking with Rei, and frankly it sounds like they're too far down to even do any good talking to their father. Maybe in the future, Ayumu and Kyouko will be able to stand proudly before their father and hold him accountable for the pain they'd felt and make him see they'd become strong enough to stand there, not because of him but in spite of him. Until then, I don't think there'd be any benefit to them meeting Rei again.

Perhaps they'll be at his and Hina's wedding...
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 17:42   Link #292
grecefar

you guys should read the manga.

anyway finally get to see the end, they really put hina beautiful in rei eyes at the end and was such a perfect ending.

10/10 this season, ready for a third with the cuckoo bastard.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 18:59   Link #293
Marcus H.
Lil Fighter from Shuchiin

On the surface, it felt like the ending was uneventful. We haven't seen Rei taken on a challenging foe, Hina is still the cute girl of Mikazuki-dou, and the series of events in Episode 22 seemed like a "life goes on" ending.

But come to think of it, we've come a long way to reach this resolution. Rei, who chose to pack his bags and leave his foster family out in an attempt to fix the internal strife in the family, has decided to reconnect with them (although at a good timing). Meanwhile Hina has been showing multiple strengths at the end. She fought for what is right, bounced right back up after a period of frustration, and started to work for what she wants to do, even using loss (her mother and grandmother) and distance (Chiho and Takahashi) as her drive to keep going.

Putting all that into consideration, I say that it's a fulfilling conclusion to the season and an appropriate contrast to the themes of the first season.

Rei's finally smiling more often now, and he now has someone to share these happy moments with.

Come on SHAFT and NHK, this one deserves a third season.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 36. Completed: 385. Plan to watch: 40.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 20:35   Link #294
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ah, yes. Oh my fuckin god yes. I LOVED this last episode. I loved both parts with Rei visiting his old home and the second half with Hina. It's a shame that her fresh cut was kinda kiddy-looking, but the very brief moments as she walks out of the house for the first say of school made her look kinda cute. Solid 10/10 for the last scene with Akari cookin, Momo drawin, and Hina and Rei walkin. Overall, I'd give this season an 8/10.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shogi