AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-04, 16:29   Link #141
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This episode felt rather disjointed. Tanjiro didn't look injured when he was at the rendezvous point. Why was he limping along on his way back? It's as if he encountered another set of enemies off-screen on his way home.
Yeah I thought it was pretty weird too. I simply interpreted it as just exhaustion after the exam but you would have thought he'd rest up somewhere first before heading back.

Quote:
Was the scene at the beginning retelling the events that made Nezuko a demon? I admit to feeling a bit confused.
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion but it was showing the backstory of the giant monster demon Tanjiro just killed. Its a scene meant to emphasise that even the most horrible demons in this world are also victims in all of this.
Old 2019-05-04, 16:46   Link #142
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The scene at the beginning was a flashback of the arms demon being hunted and trapped. Tanjiro had to travel all the way home straight after the exam (which iirc was a week long ?) without treatment or food etc, so I imagine he'd likely be exhausted.
That sounds rather irresponsible. They really should take better care of the few that actually passed the final exam. How dumb would that be if they ended up dead in a ditch while going back from the exam?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 18:34   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hand Demon really was one of a kind here, all the other demons were weak. Yet despite this most of the candidates died. I thought Tanjirou would receive a better ranking for killing it, but nope, he starts out at the very bottom like the others.

Curious what the colors of the blade mean. It's already obvious Tanjirou's will eventually change color and turn crimson. As for the difference between the new blades and the ones used for the exam, I'm guessing Tanjirou was no exception and the swords each of them used were their respective masters'.
Old 2019-05-04, 20:39   Link #144
James Rye

Emotional episode. Choked a little when even the old man was crying behind his mask. Lol at the sword smith hoping for a bright red sword and instead getting upset about Tanjiro getting a pitchblack sword. XD
Old 2019-05-04, 21:02   Link #145
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I assumed the black sword connoted the power of death and suggested there was a darker force inside Tanjiro than we've seen so far.

And thanks to those who straightened me out on the opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That sounds rather irresponsible. They really should take better care of the few that actually passed the final exam. How dumb would that be if they ended up dead in a ditch while going back from the exam?
Doesn't make much sense to me either.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 22:59   Link #146
p-kun

Quote:
This episode felt rather disjointed. Tanjiro didn't look injured when he was at the rendezvous point. Why was he limping along on his way back? It's as if he encountered another set of enemies off-screen on his way home.
He was adrenaline high throughout the exam and when confronting Genya, and then 7 days worth of fatigue catches on him.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 01:29   Link #147
Applehell

I don't know about but 4/5 surviving out of 20 trainees/cadets/whatever sounds like a pretty bad harvest. I expected at least half of that.

Quote:
Doesn't make much sense to me either.
That and I was also surprised at how abruptly the demon hunter organization just tossed Tanjiro his first assignment without any kind of formality or things like logistical support he could have. It's very spartan all the way through.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 11:23   Link #148
Nivek von Beldo

Nice chapter and a way to show how hand demon come to be(and a warning about what could happen to nezuko?)

the blacksmith was so funny
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 12:47   Link #149
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's probably kind of the point. The demon slaying corp probably want the strongest to fight along side, if they cant make it back home alive after the trial then they probably aren't cut out for the demon slaying lifestyle. That's how I'd interpret it at least.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 12:46   Link #150
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Again, this demon slaying corps clearly has a very hands off approach to all this. I don't think they particularly care if an employee or two dies.

Regarding the black sword, they already expressed that there is nothing inherently bad about the black color. Just that it's unusual.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 13:34   Link #151
Nivek von Beldo

Amazing chapter, the action, the OST, the tension, everything was amazing, this anime rocks and seems Nezuko can fight well alongside Tanjiro too. Seems we learned about the original demon and seems will be tanjiro target in his mission as Demon Slayer

Amazing chapter waiting next one
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 14:07   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I can see why Urodaki hypnotized Nezuko, but there's no comfort in it. Just one more violation.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 14:35   Link #153
Eater of All
NOM

How does Nezuko have any energy? Urokodaki said she "recovers" her strength through sleeping, but at most that might reduce her usage of it. I can't even make a joke about photosynthesis because she can't be in the sun!
Old 2019-05-11, 14:57   Link #154
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

She's a magical demon with magical demon powers now, human biology does not apply.

Quote:
I can see why Urodaki hypnotized Nezuko, but there's no comfort in it. Just one more violation.
Well if it prevents her from eating humans and puts her powers to good use.. I'd be grateful if someone did that for me.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 15:19   Link #155
grecefar

even after tanjiro kills the demon there is no happy ending, normally the girls would still be alive but not here. Great chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 16:25   Link #156
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
even after tanjiro kills the demon there is no happy ending, normally the girls would still be alive but not here. Great chapter.
well to be fair at last "one girl will be saved in the end"(that one being protected), one is better than "none".
Old 2019-05-11, 16:28   Link #157
James Rye

Damn, poor girls, eaten whole. Also poor boyfriend to see his girlfriend's ribbon among the collection of the demon with his selfs. Gotta say the teeth grinding part was terrific, so creepy~
Old 2019-05-11, 18:40   Link #158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ever since I noticed it in the OP, I figured there'd be a supernatural reason for Tanjirou's scar looking completely different, but they didn't even comment on it. I know it's because he was injured by the hand demon, but it looks way too unnatural. Since they didn't say anything, I guess it's nothing special after all and the author altered its design just to make Tanjirou look cooler.

Urokodaki said last week that getting a black blade isn't bad in itself, but since almost nobody who got one survived, I'd say it's pretty bad actually. Of course Tanjirou will be the exception.

It's Tanjirou's first mission and he already runs into a morphed demon. A tricky and nasty one at that. An ordinary newbie would have easily been killed. Do the higher ups assign these missions completely randomly? Based on the witness' accounts, they should have known it was a demon that could use magic, so it would have made more sense to send someone with a higher rank.
Old 2019-05-11, 23:37   Link #159
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
How does Nezuko have any energy? Urokodaki said she "recovers" her strength through sleeping, but at most that might reduce her usage of it. I can't even make a joke about photosynthesis because she can't be in the sun!
I was wondering that very thing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-12, 00:20   Link #160
Applehell

Nezuko in box!

I wonder how other demon slayers who don't have Tanjiro unique smell handle their investigations becasue at this point it seems to be truly invaluable for him. This case would have been nearly impossible for him solve without it. Then again, on the otherhand it might have been taken in consideration when this mission was assigned to him, in fact it might have been why he chosen at all.

Quote:
It's a crappy situation but just like with the gag between that and her killing humans it is for best. Her situation is entirely uncharted territory and Tanjiro only has one chance to avoid the worse outcome for both their sakes.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon, shonen